Did Jesus really exist?

Did Jesus Really Exist as a Flesh and blood person?

• Jay-A-Zus was LORD!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow, Paul sure had me fooled.

He was born a Jew, a Pharisee, thus a leader of the Jews, and now you are telling me that Saul threw that all away, so that he could make tons of money.

It's not me who is telling you that, it is the evidence.

Nevermind the fact, that Paul was martyred, spent years locked up in jail, was beaten, battered and bruised for his Ministry.

Looks to me like, he gave up the good life, for a horrible existence, much like a millionaire giving up his fortune, to live life as a homeless man.

But, you keep on trying to fool yourself, deep down, you really know the truth, you just can't handle the truth, huh?

You approach things from the idea that the Bible is literal fact, that there is no source of information other than the Bible. The problem is, this isn't true. There is a great quantity of information availible - it simply doesn't support the New Testament accounts.

It is really sad in this day and age you have people believing it's true , bowing down to statues, eating cookies they think becomes a their godman when eaten or twitching and rolling on the floor or talking gibberish (tongues)

There's more compelling evidence when it comes to Alexander and Ghengis Khan. They forged empires and traveled great distances and many writers of their time make mention of them. While I can see your premise and even agree with it for the most part, those two were not great examples.

Whereas all Yeshua did was kick off a religion with about 2 billion adherents. By comparison, outside of history circles, no one'd even know the other two existed. :)

There's more compelling evidence when it comes to Alexander and Ghengis Khan. They forged empires and traveled great distances and many writers of their time make mention of them. While I can see your premise and even agree with it for the most part, those two were not great examples.

Whereas all Yeshua did was kick off a religion with about 2 billion adherents. By comparison, outside of history circles, no one'd even know the other two existed. :)

My key point there though was that there are numerous documents with numerous different authors that corroborate the existence and deeds of the two figures I mentioned. Besides the Bible there is really only one that Christians use as secular proof of Jesus' existence and it has been debunked and discredited by a whole host of reputable scholars, many of them Christian themselves.

That only serves to point out the poor quality of our education system and the fact that not enough people pay attention in history class.

Jews, Christians, Muslims, and some notable Roman historians all say he existed. When the 'big 3' agree on something, take it to the bank. :)

If you are a Christian, you believe that Jesus really did exist. If you are not a Christian, you do not believe in Jesus. Pretty simple.

If you are a Christian, you believe that Jesus really did exist. If you are not a Christian, you do not believe in Jesus. Pretty simple.

I'm not Christian, I'm quite anti-Christian in fact (for co-opting my religion's holy book and pasting it onto their's) yet believe Jesus existed. Don't believe the particulars, but I don't doubt the man existed and was a rabble-rouser. :)

I'm not Christian, I'm quite anti-Christian in fact (for co-opting my religion's holy book and pasting it onto their's) yet believe Jesus existed. Don't believe the particulars, but I don't doubt the man existed and was a rabble-rouser. :)

So, should that make me anti-Jew, because the Jews never followed the orders that God gave them?

Your reasoning on this fails Delta, regardless of if anyone believes in Jesus or not, if not for Christians, the Jews would no longer exist. I bet that must get under your skin, huh?

So, should that make me anti-Jew, because the Jews never followed the orders that God gave them?

Your reasoning on this fails Delta, regardless of if anyone believes in Jesus or not, if not for Christians, the Jews would no longer exist. I bet that must get under your skin, huh?

About as much as a few clouds on a sunny day. I'm just totally devastated...

hey, guno....remember the last two times you made that claim and I posted evidence you were lying and you never came back to defend yourself?.......I do.....
I don't remember; would you kind enough to repost that evidence?

there's a much easier way....simply click on the button that says "find posts by...." and read them.....that would save me from having to link up all the research again......

[

just why should anyone care what you think. Is other people believing he is real taking any skin off your ass? something in your life turned you ugly inside

Other people trying to make laws to please their magic sky fairy does take skin off my ass, as you say. If you loons would mind your own fucking business, I probably wouldn't need to waste time pointing out Jesus is a fairy tale.

But it's a little worse than that. The Rich have figured out how to get you loons to vote against your own economic interests because that's what Jesus would do.

Because Dawkins said so is not viable. Not even close.
It's not just Dawkins lol,does history from historians that were not Christian carry any weight with you ? I guess slavery never it existed and the holocaust never happened by your reasoning.

Here's a greate example of why I think the Jesus Story is bunk.

The Massacre of the Innocents. - In the Gospel of Matthew, King Herod, outraged that the Wise men (Number never specified) tricked him by not telling him where the Messiah was, ordered his soldiers to kill all the baby boys. Some apologists have said this was just in Bethlehem, Joseph and Mary Flee to Egypt. Herod dies. Joseph settles in Galilee.

Now- No other Gospel mentioned this event. Luke comes up with a completely different plot device to get Jesus into Bethlehem to be born. (A census that history doesn't record and would put Jesus birth 10 years later than Matthew).

Also, Herod ordering the massacre of babies would have been a pretty horrific event. Someone like Philo or Josephus would have recorded it.

Finally, in the Department of Holy Plagiarism, this sounds exactly like the story of all the babies that were killed when Moses was born back in Exodus.

Because Dawkins said so is not viable. Not even close.
It's not just Dawkins lol,does history from historians that were not Christian carry any weight with you ? I guess slavery never it existed and the holocaust never happened by your reasoning.
Hello, I sure do get my information from historians. In fact, anytime your ready to discuss actual history then we can go there. In fact, many of my sources are written by theists.

Last edited:
There was probably a charismatic street preacher named Joshua ben Joseph who said a lot of things that got the average guy in the street excited and threatened the political/religious authorities, so he was killed. Then Paul came along, took up the story and built a religion around it, either because he had an agenda or because he was simply nuts. (Based on his writings, especially concerning women, I'm leaning towards Paul having some serious issues.) People were a lot less fact-driven in those days, so if someone in authority said this guy walked on water, then it was easier to convince people that this guy actually walked on water.

Joshua was a lot of things, and many of the things in the Bible attributed to him are wonderful, but the Son Of God or God In The Flesh he wasn't.

Here's a greate example of why I think the Jesus Story is bunk.

The Massacre of the Innocents. - In the Gospel of Matthew, King Herod, outraged that the Wise men (Number never specified) tricked him by not telling him where the Messiah was, ordered his soldiers to kill all the baby boys. Some apologists have said this was just in Bethlehem, Joseph and Mary Flee to Egypt. Herod dies. Joseph settles in Galilee.

Now- No other Gospel mentioned this event. Luke comes up with a completely different plot device to get Jesus into Bethlehem to be born. (A census that history doesn't record and would put Jesus birth 10 years later than Matthew).

Also, Herod ordering the massacre of babies would have been a pretty horrific event. Someone like Philo or Josephus would have recorded it.

Finally, in the Department of Holy Plagiarism, this sounds exactly like the story of all the babies that were killed when Moses was born back in Exodus.

The story of George Washington cutting down the cherry tree is bunk. The story of him throwing the dollar across the Potomac is bunk. Does that mean he never existed? Lots of myths build up around people, that doesn't mean they weren't real.

Forum List

Back