DHS preparing to arrest sanctuary city leaders?

^The business of completing the destruction started by jughead.

He isn't being asked to.

The whole damned thread is about the absurd notion that the feds can prosecute lawmen in state and city levels for failure to do their own job!
No. The thread is about the feds discussion regarding city/states failure to comply with federal law, and possible consequences.

Take the guy who killed the Steinle girl. He had been deported multiple times and had an immigration hold put on him. The SFPD ignored the hold, being a sanctuary city, and the guy went out and killed her.

Dats what wur talken about.

If the feds want to arrest somebody as a suspect for breaking a federal law, they should get their asses over to the courthouse and do their own job. Nobody in San Francisco government is under any obligation to do their job for them, and this is the reason that nobody has ever been, nad nobody ever will be, prosecuted for not doing the fed's job.
Abiding by federal immigration law will result in massive fed grants. Defying federal law will result in meager funding.

Just how strong is their moral stance to protect illegals over legal citizens?

I don't get too upset about the issue, because there is no "aiding and abetting" going on. That would involve hiding the suspect in the basement and lying about it. As for how strongly I support this, I would say about 1,000 percent. I believe in the civil rights that the constitution grants me, and even Trump is not going to get away with taking them away. It won't happen tomorrow, It won't happen ever.
I'm not concerned with how it affects you. I'm wondering how all the legal citizens will react to your political leaders resisting the federal government on behalf of illegal aliens while disregarding the rights of legal citizens. Illegals using government benefits while citizens are denied. Illegals driving up housing costs while legal citizens can't afford to rent an apartment. Illegals using up your natural resources like electricity and water while legal citizens rates go up because of shortages.

It seems as though your political leaders make one blunder after another. No wonder their candidates have lost over 1,000 seats during the past few years.

The whole damned thread is about the absurd notion that the feds can prosecute lawmen in state and city levels for failure to do their own job!
No. The thread is about the feds discussion regarding city/states failure to comply with federal law, and possible consequences.

Take the guy who killed the Steinle girl. He had been deported multiple times and had an immigration hold put on him. The SFPD ignored the hold, being a sanctuary city, and the guy went out and killed her.

If the feds want to arrest somebody as a suspect for breaking a federal law, they should get their asses over to the courthouse and do their own job. Nobody in San Francisco government is under any obligation to do their job for them, and this is the reason that nobody has ever been, nad nobody ever will be, prosecuted for not doing the fed's job.
Abiding by federal immigration law will result in massive fed grants. Defying federal law will result in meager funding.

I don't get too upset about the issue, because there is no "aiding and abetting" going on. That would involve hiding the suspect in the basement and lying about it. As for how strongly I support this, I would say about 1,000 percent. I believe in the civil rights that the constitution grants me, and even Trump is not going to get away with taking them away. It won't happen tomorrow, It won't happen ever.
I'm not concerned with how it affects you. I'm wondering how all the legal citizens will react to these leaders resisting the federal government on behalf of illegal aliens while disregarding the rights of legal citizens. Illegals using government benefits while citizens are denied. Illegals driving up housing costs while legal citizens can't afford to rent an apartment. Illegals using up your natural resources like electricity and water while legal citizens rates go up because of shortages.

It seems as though your political leaders make one blunder after another. No wonder their candidates have lost over 1,000 seats during the past few years.
Yep, liberals always seem to forget just who they are supposed to be working for!

One does not have to be a Nostradamus to answer the OP's question: NO, there will be no arrests.

Many sanctuary supporters compare themselves to people who before the Civil War ignored federal law and refused to return runaway slaves back to their owners in the South.

If any sanctuary leaders were arrested, there would be mass demonstrations, and some sympathetic law enforcement officers would simply refuse to follow orders. In fact, I assume that some Democrats hope that DHS does try to arrest some leaders. They know that the chaos and hysteria would just drive more Democrats (and some legally ineligible voters) to the polls in November.

Like it or not, the majority of illegal immigrants are not going anywhere. They will continue to live here, and their children's children's children will eventually come to play a dominant role in the history of the United States.

If President Trump is able to finish his term (and maybe even a second term), the United States of America will then return to business as usual.
Indeed! Democrats fought hard to keep slavery going!

Man I hope they can pull this off!!!!
Nothing I'd like more than watching the parade of leftist traitors taking the perp walk.
Nothing the followers of the current GOP administration would like more than watching someone go full Gestapo".....#MAGA!
The Gestapo were very efficient in going after people who didn't adhere to the law. I.want to see Trump's DOJ do the same to these Sanctuary City leaders who are putting our law abiding natural born citizens lives in jeopardy. Remember Kate Steinle?
According to dimerats she got what she deserved.

Nothing I'd like more than watching the parade of leftist traitors taking the perp walk.
Nothing the followers of the current GOP administration would like more than watching someone go full Gestapo".....#MAGA!
The Gestapo were very efficient in going after people who didn't adhere to the law. I.want to see Trump's DOJ do the same to these Sanctuary City leaders who are putting our law abiding natural born citizens lives in jeopardy. Remember Kate Steinle?
Really? She didn't. She was an innocent bystander. But I would like to see where some "dimerats" said she got what she deserved. Link a few of those comments.

I'm not concerned with how it affects you. I'm wondering how all the legal citizens will react to your political leaders resisting the federal government on behalf of illegal aliens while disregarding the rights of legal citizens. Illegals using government benefits while citizens are denied. Illegals driving up housing costs while legal citizens can't afford to rent an apartment. Illegals using up your natural resources like electricity and water while legal citizens rates go up because of shortages.

Poor Aba. Had to wait another 15 minutes at the emergency room because there was an illegal alien bleeding to death in front of him, but has no problem with the financial industry causing his net worth to drop by 50% in 2008 due to deregulation of their industry, the loss of millions of jobs, and the melt down of the auto industry, which then all had to be bailed out with tax money.

Poor Aba. Had to wait another 15 minutes at the emergency room because there was an illegal alien bleeding to death in front of him, but has no problem with the financial industry causing his net worth to drop by 50% in 2008 due to deregulation of their industry, the loss of millions of jobs, and the melt down of the auto industry, which then all had to be bailed out with tax money.
Calm yourself, lady. None of that addresses your politicians protecting illegals using citizen's resources.

Really? She didn't. She was an innocent bystander. But I would like to see where some "dimerats" said she got what she deserved. Link a few of those comments.

You're speaking of *actual* democrats. Mike's speaking of the hypothetical democrat that he's imagined. They're slightly harder to quote.

About time...cry regressives...cry for criminals.

DHS preparing to arrest leaders of sanctuary cities

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen confirmed Tuesday that her department has asked federal prosecutors to see if they can lodge criminal charges against sanctuary cities that refuse to cooperate with federal deportation efforts.

“The Department of Justice is reviewing what avenues may be available,” Ms. Nielsen told the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Her confirmation came after California’s new sanctuary law went into effect Jan. 1, severely restricting cooperation the state or any of its localities could offer....

DHS asked prosecutors to charge sanctuary city leaders
This is a federal problem that should be solved at the federal borders; not infringe upon the authority of the several States.

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen confirmed Tuesday that her department has asked federal prosecutors to see if they can lodge criminal charges against sanctuary cities that refuse to cooperate with federal deportation efforts.

“The Department of Justice is reviewing what avenues may be available,” Ms. Nielsen told the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Her confirmation came after California’s new sanctuary law went into effect Jan. 1, severely restricting cooperation the state or any of its localities could offer....

This is a federal problem that should be solved at the federal borders; not infringe upon the authority of the several States.
In other words we need to build a wall.

spend and finance is all the right wing knows how to do.

why not a revenue generating policy; to much capitalism involved?

Regressive liberals have made it clear they are against any revenue building by showing they are against tax reform and for resource draining illegals.

Fine them before deportation. Good idea.

Calm yourself, lady. None of that addresses your politicians protecting illegals using citizen's resources.

Actually, the reason that I am totally calm is because virtually everything Trump has promised to do about illegals is unconstitutional, and ain't gonna happen. Like, when he first announced his candidacy, and promised to deport 12 million illegals in 2 years. It was pointed out to him that you can not arrest people and deport them just because they speak Spanish, and go by the name of Jose. He replied that it was perfectly legal to do that. Yet, no unusual deportation numbers have happened. Then, he promised to cut federal grants to "sanctuary cities". Federal court told him to think again. Now, he wants to arrest people who run sanctuary cities. Not until he shreds the constitution. The wall, is not unconstitutional, but all he is actually going to get is a little longer fence, and even that is in doubt. Within 10 years, it will be one long graffiti covered collapsing eyesore.

Forum List

Back