Barr announces 'significant escalation' against 'sanctuary' localities

Let's see how those Mayors and Governors do once Federal funds start drying up. Progressives can't function without "freebies". When they can't fund their liberal programs then the class of dependents that they've created will turn on them. It's the nature of the beast.

By the same contrast, let's see how the Federal Government and the Red States do when the States withhold the Federal Money they send. The Feds may have to have yardsale where they auction off Georgia. Trust me, it won't be missed.

You think that people in liberal cities and States have the right not to send in their Federal taxes, Darryl? I hate to break this to you, Darryl but the only sure things in life are death and taxes! Withhold Federal taxes, little buddy...see where you end up!

I used it as a whatif in response to the idjits that said that the Federal Funds would be withheld from the States. Now considering every dime of the Federal Money comes from the states then refusing to return the proper amount of funds to the state would justify the State to not send it in the first place. Again, you want to play the game, don't make the rules. Yah, I know, you bullies always believe that no one will fight back but guess again.

Federal income taxes don't come from the States...they come from individual Americans paying them directly to the IRS. Do you not know this?

Which is collected by the States and then sent to the Feds. How is that you don't know this? How does it get to the IRS, is it done by magic Pixie Dust?
Collected for the Feds by the employers. You need to stop sniffing your own magic pixie dust.

TRANSLATION:
“I love my pet illegal wetbacks, I hate the federal laws which protect our citizenry and right to sovereignty....but, but, but...I swear I’m a good American.”

I can't wait until Biden gets Rump into a debate on a head to head. I honestly believe that Biden will call him a dog faced liar to his face and then back it up with facts over and over until Rump's face turns deep purple and he stomps out of the Debate Hall long before the Debate is over. Guess they are going to have to have a Rump Cutout handy when that happened. Much like we had to do with Gardner for Townhall meetings.

Biden?
BIDEN??

LMFAO.

Yeah, I'm sure Trump is absolutely terrified of going head to head with the senile hairy legged finger nibbling child groper.

Something must be amiss. Rump has gone way out of his way to try and get Biden out of the running. It's become both comical and tragic.

Stop drinking CNN's koolaid.

Hate to break it to you but I don't have Cable. I watch Antenna TV and read the local Newspapers. You should try it sometime. I do know it will require deprogramming for you but that's going to come sooner than you think.

Ahhh... so you strictly watch big network propaganda while being spoonfed by the AP. Got it. So much better. :rolleyes:

So Rump has declared war on various State Governors, City Mayors and more. And you honestly think they won't fight back. Fighting back would be a travesty. Bullies always get confused when their "Prey" gains the ability to fight back. It confuses the hell out of the Bully. And you wonder why more and more Republicans and old Tea Partiers are going against Rump and doing what you term as "Fighting Dirty". The Dems need to stick with their policies and planks. We helped to create the Bully and it's up to use to bring the bully down. But it's just "Not Fair", I know.

Let's see how those Mayors and Governors do once Federal funds start drying up. Progressives can't function without "freebies". When they can't fund their liberal programs then the class of dependents that they've created will turn on them. It's the nature of the beast.

By the same contrast, let's see how the Federal Government and the Red States do when the States withhold the Federal Money they send. The Feds may have to have yardsale where they auction off Georgia. Trust me, it won't be missed.

You think that people in liberal cities and States have the right not to send in their Federal taxes, Darryl? I hate to break this to you, Darryl but the only sure things in life are death and taxes! Withhold Federal taxes, little buddy...see where you end up!

I used it as a whatif in response to the idjits that said that the Federal Funds would be withheld from the States. Now considering every dime of the Federal Money comes from the states then refusing to return the proper amount of funds to the state would justify the State to not send it in the first place. Again, you want to play the game, don't make the rules. Yah, I know, you bullies always believe that no one will fight back but guess again.
Dumbass would be someone who thinks that federal taxes come from states. It comes from the people inhabiting the United States. Manage somehow to extort their own portion of their citizens' earnings, ostensibly to support state programs. Therefore, states should not need federal money to finance state programs.

One would think so. But the Red States get money funneled from the Blue States to finance their programs because the Red States can't pay their own way. I would love for every state to pay their rightful share. I wonder if the other Red States would consider auctioning off Louisiana to stay afloat?

That was a stupid post, Darryl! You on the far left tried to get rid of someone you didn't like with a bogus impeachment that NEVER had a prayer of succeeding! Claiming THAT is the end of law in America is laughable! Stop being such a whiny little loser!

Hey, just stating facts.

As far as I can tell from this string, Darryl...you wouldn't know a "fact" if it ran up your pant leg and bit you on the willie! Just saying...

So, when you are faced with facts and truths, I guess all that's left for you to respond with is insults. I didn't win. But you certainly lost. Get used to it.

How pray tell did I "lose"? The person I voted for was elected. That's a fact. You lost, Darryl...something you obviously still HAVEN'T come to grips with!

newsflash: we all lost. We just didn't know how bad at the time. But we are figuring it out pretty damned fast. Just remember, Rump isn't beholding to ANY laws now. His "Here, hold my beer" moments are coming hot and heavy. And who is going to even slow him down? Certainly not you bunch of "ThePartyoftheRump". So I guess it's up to the rest of us. And we don't work well when threatened and won't tolerate any representative in office that it does.

I guess you're figuring something out, although I'm not sure what. We would all have lost a lot more if your canckled heroine had achieved her promised office. She was promised that win when she stepped off and let Obama take the office. (She was doing very well in the primaries that year.) How disappointing when some upstart, non-swamp dweller was chosen by the PEOPLE.

Federal income taxes don't come from the States...they come from individual Americans paying them directly to the IRS. Do you not know this?

Which is collected by the States and then sent to the Feds. How is that you don't know this? How does it get to the IRS, is it done by magic Pixie Dust?

It's rather obvious that you haven't ever paid Federal Income Taxes, Daryl! You don't send them to your State. You send those to the IRS!

I overpay each month or quarter. And that is sent to the Colorado Revenue Department who takes out their cut and sends the rest to the Feds. MOST people do it that way. But don't let a little thing called FACT get in the way of a good lie.

Daryl...you're full of shit, Dude! NOBODY pays their Federal Income taxes that way! You file a separate Federal and a separate State form (if your State has an income tax!). If you don't know that...it tells me that you haven't paid your taxes.

TRANSLATION:
“I love my pet illegal wetbacks, I hate the federal laws which protect our citizenry and right to sovereignty....but, but, but...I swear I’m a good American.”

I can't wait until Biden gets Rump into a debate on a head to head. I honestly believe that Biden will call him a dog faced liar to his face and then back it up with facts over and over until Rump's face turns deep purple and he stomps out of the Debate Hall long before the Debate is over. Guess they are going to have to have a Rump Cutout handy when that happened. Much like we had to do with Gardner for Townhall meetings.

Biden?
BIDEN??

LMFAO.

Yeah, I'm sure Trump is absolutely terrified of going head to head with the senile hairy legged finger nibbling child groper.

Something must be amiss. Rump has gone way out of his way to try and get Biden out of the running. It's become both comical and tragic.

Stop drinking CNN's koolaid.

Hate to break it to you but I don't have Cable. I watch Antenna TV and read the local Newspapers. You should try it sometime. I do know it will require deprogramming for you but that's going to come sooner than you think.
Well, there's your problem...you watch TV and read local newspapers. Try listening to AM radio sometime.

I think Daryl thinks FICA being taken out of his pay check is him paying his State and Federal taxes! Daryl is obviously a bit slow on the draw when it comes to money.

It's rather obvious that you haven't ever paid Federal Income Taxes, Daryl! You don't send them to your State. You send those to the IRS!

I overpay each month or quarter. And that is sent to the Colorado Revenue Department who takes out their cut and sends the rest to the Feds. MOST people do it that way. But don't let a little thing called FACT get in the way of a good lie.
Okay. You know nothing, Daryl Hunt...

Dumbass would be someone who thinks that federal taxes come from states. It comes from the people inhabiting the United States. Manage somehow to extort their own portion of their citizens' earnings, ostensibly to support state programs. Therefore, states should not need federal money to finance state programs.

One would think so. But the Red States get money funneled from the Blue States to finance their programs because the Red States can't pay their own way. I would love for every state to pay their rightful share. I wonder if the other Red States would consider auctioning off Louisiana to stay afloat?
First, I'd love to see your data to support your "funneled money" statement.
Second: the Federal government shouldn't be paying to support and extraneous state administered programs. If the states want those programs, they should finance them themselves.

Attorney General William Barr announced Monday that there will be a “significant escalation” against “sanctuary” cities, counties and states, including lawsuits against localities opposed to the Trump administration's hard-line immigration policies.

The administration is attempting to crack down on local and state governments that have pledged to protect undocumented immigrants from deportation. Barr announced lawsuits against the state of New Jersey and King County, Wash., which includes Seattle.

“Unfortunately, in various jurisdictions, so-called ‘progressive’ politicians are jeopardizing the public’s safety by putting the interests of criminal aliens before those of law-abiding citizens,” Barr said.

“These policies are textbook examples of misguided ideology triumphing over commonsense law enforcement,” he added.

Barr, speaking at the National Sheriffs’ Association 2020 Winter Legislative and Technology Conference, said the department is "reviewing the practices, policies and laws of other jurisdictions across the country" to see if they follow laws banning the “harboring or shielding” of undocumented immigrants, Axios reported.

The administration’s suit against New Jersey will attempt to prevent states from enforcing law that stops them from sharing information about criminally charged undocumented immigrants with federal authorities. The King County case will fight a law that bans the Department of Homeland Security “from deporting aliens from the United States through the county airport,” according to Reuters.

SNIP

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

------------

Pelosi and Schumer shot their wad.

There is no serious obstacle to Trump's agenda now.
We need to make certain Maxine Waters stops the "Take Trump Out" rhetoric as well as punish her in ways she can never again sick her dogs on people in the Executive Branch.

Maxine Waters is Chairman of the House committee that disperses all of the tax money every American has paid for, and I'm certain she is using every trick in the book to "Take Trump Out" of money he needs to preside over the country, keep his campaign promises, which the American people agreed with to put him in the White House on election day last season. Her offenses should be punishable by trial for treason, usury, and expropriation of the voters money to do her and her House Democrat friends' personal pet rock projects, rather than to accept the responsibility of what the President says that he needs to do the will of the American people who put him in office.

I'm getting a little sick of arrogant House women who are attacking the President with profanity, such as Tlaib's overuse of the word, "Motherfucker" on elected Republican members of the Executive Office, and that's pretty too extreme language to allow in front of America's children, many of whom watch the Main Stream Media lie through their teeth and encourage taboo language that should be banned from all media in which children may browse on News Channels on the web, political ads, etc.

Free speech does not cover inappropriate and taboo profanity in areas of the media that children can access.

We have a responsibility to use the 70,000 everyday words, excluding profanity on public airwaves, the radio, the television set, and yes, online. It would do a world of good to teach people polite speak and use words such as:

"inappropriate," "unacceptable," "bombastic," "contumacious," "animadversion," "incandescent," "recalcitrant," "obstreperous," "adamantine," "pertinacious," "vociferous," "caterwauling," "abominable," "impious," "obdurate," "insolent," "inviolable," "decimated," "affronted," "disparaging," "libelous," "quiddity," "traducing," "deprecatory," "florid," "pontifical," "idiosyncratic," "obloquy," "vituperative," "invective," "calumnious," "zealous," "mendacious," "blenched," "ebullient," "perfidious," "unscrupulous," "ostentatious," "truculent," "obstreperous," "dysfunctional,"
and ever so many more words of specificity instead of the taboo MF imprecation, not to mention a list of legal, monetary, mathematical, military, medical, ecological, astronomical, and scientific terms, since some of them will be overseeing watchdogs of similar governmental departments. Otherwise, they will not be good public servants whose only response to a criminal is a "MFer," and they better be courteous to persons of opposite opinions in any given verbal dispute.

How much more would the courteous use of the English language be if people learned and used more precise language. In fact, the founders preferred learning language skills to inappropriate and discourteous speech. I think the Congress should have a little contest. They should appoint the person who uses language best and understands the nuances of the above list of basically negativity, but in a particular way. The elected should use the above list and double it with words that are so seldom used they are almost extinct in a four-letter-word world of the present media. The Congress should meet at a pool with a dunking chair. Each member should be given ten words from the list and be dunked in water, fully clothed for each error of definition. Those who are dunked even once, has to get to the end of the line, and await his or her second chance. :D Each time the person misses only one word on his second chance, has to go to the end of the line for a third try. If these words are not challenging enough, guest professors should provide a better, more comprehensive list. Because if a person in Congress does not know the difference between a white lie and calumny, he or she has no business being in Congress, because the degree between a lie and calumny is large, and the difference between calumny and a white lie is even larger. This would hopefully cause the Representative to restrict calumnious speech and replace it with more accurate descriptions when speaking of a member of a different branch of government. And it better be the truth when a Congressman or Senator speaks.

States should also consider giving their candidates who are running for office vocabulary words that will confront them from the first to the last day of their terms. Americans are tired of using broad-brushed critiques that have such deep holes in them, the rhetoric might get burned in the fires of Congressional hell. Candidates should also need to be evaluated for mathematical and numeric senses since they will need to know how many $20 bills fit in a B-52, and the total amount of money that would be shipped secretly to a hostile nation by someone who is not authorized to sneak around America's back with throwing good money after bad.

Last edited:
Attorney General William Barr announced Monday that there will be a “significant escalation” against “sanctuary” cities, counties and states, including lawsuits against localities opposed to the Trump administration's hard-line immigration policies.

The administration is attempting to crack down on local and state governments that have pledged to protect undocumented immigrants from deportation. Barr announced lawsuits against the state of New Jersey and King County, Wash., which includes Seattle.

“Unfortunately, in various jurisdictions, so-called ‘progressive’ politicians are jeopardizing the public’s safety by putting the interests of criminal aliens before those of law-abiding citizens,” Barr said.

“These policies are textbook examples of misguided ideology triumphing over commonsense law enforcement,” he added.

Barr, speaking at the National Sheriffs’ Association 2020 Winter Legislative and Technology Conference, said the department is "reviewing the practices, policies and laws of other jurisdictions across the country" to see if they follow laws banning the “harboring or shielding” of undocumented immigrants, Axios reported.

The administration’s suit against New Jersey will attempt to prevent states from enforcing law that stops them from sharing information about criminally charged undocumented immigrants with federal authorities. The King County case will fight a law that bans the Department of Homeland Security “from deporting aliens from the United States through the county airport,” according to Reuters.

SNIP

------------

So Rump has declared war on various State Governors, City Mayors and more. And you honestly think they won't fight back. Fighting back would be a travesty. Bullies always get confused when their "Prey" gains the ability to fight back. It confuses the hell out of the Bully. And you wonder why more and more Republicans and old Tea Partiers are going against Rump and doing what you term as "Fighting Dirty". The Dems need to stick with their policies and planks. We helped to create the Bully and it's up to use to bring the bully down. But it's just "Not Fair", I know.

As Trump said in the SOTU, "This country should be a sanctuary for American citizens, not criminal aliens." He should send a task force of 10,000 agents into the cities, round up the criminals, empty the jails of criminal aliens and deport them. At the same time he should have every official who backs these stupid sanctuary policies arrested and charged with aiding, abetting and harboring criminals.
Wouldn't it be more efficient and cost effective to just gas them all --- including every official who is for sanctuary cities --- and then cremate them instead of spending all that money to deport them?
TVOR sez: "Wouldn't it be more efficient and cost effective to just gas them all --- including every official who is for sanctuary cities --- and then cremate them instead of spending all that money to deport them?"
No.

SNIP

------------

I though "no one was above the law"? Aren't Sanctuary Cities illegal?
They have declared themselves above Federal law.
Well, fine 'em until they play nice.

SNIP

------------

So Rump has declared war on various State Governors, City Mayors and more.

Only Quisling lib mayors and governors need worry

we will speak to libs in a language they understand - money

and if that doesent work the next step is criminal charges that hold rogue leaders in blue districts accountable

SNIP

------------

and if that doesent work the next step is criminal charges that hold rogue leaders in blue districts accountable

Do you mean allow the Red Cities off the hook because they aren't blue? Figures. All the state has to do is withhold federal funds that is collected from the voters in the state. You still don't get it. Two can play that game and the Feds are more dependent on the State than the other way around. And what you are demanding is against Federal Law so I don't believe the State will have to retaliate. But I imagine that Rump believes he doesn't have to follow the law anymore so he just might try it. Sooner or later, the Senate is going to have to react differently and demand that Rump follow the laws and he isn't the laws in himself. I can't wait to see his next "Here, hold my beer" moment.

SNIP

------------

TRANSLATION:

Trump should invite a Girl scout troop to sit in the front row.

SNIP

------------

Yes there is. There's the opposition to his agenda by the majority of the American voters. And he can't get anything through Congress except through Nancy Pelosi.

As for Barr's attack on Sanctuary Cities, good luck with that. So far, the courts have ruled against every one of Trump's attempts to defund Sanctuary Cities, and all federal aid is flowing as it should. States' rights, bitch!

SNIP

------------

I though "no one was above the law"? Aren't Sanctuary Cities illegal?

Yup. They are illegal both Fed law and some states have laws about harboring illegals.

Those running the sanctuary cities and States are liable and should be arrested under Fed law and some State laws.

If the Fed started enforcing their laws you can bet many sanctuary cities and States would back the hell down.

I think the Fed law is Title 8.

...So Rump has declared war on various State Governors, City Mayors and more...
Rubbish. The Federal Government is preparing to spank such Scofflaws and Conspirators.

And you honestly think they won't fight back...
Not gonna do a damned bit of good. Fast-tracking thru the courts to SCOTUS is already in-place on this matter.

...Fighting back would be a travesty...
Fighting back is pointless, but, go ahead, knock yourselves out... have a field day... that new Fasttrack-to-SCOTUS is already warming up.

...The Dems need to stick with their policies and planks...
Yeah... right... because siding with Illegal Aliens rather than their own fellow countrymen worked so well for them on November 8, 2016 :21:

SNIP

------------

Do you mean allow the Red Cities off the hook because they aren't blue? Figures. All the state has to do is withhold federal funds that is collected from the voters in the state. You still don't get it. Two can play that game and the Feds are more dependent on the State than the other way around. And what you are demanding is against Federal Law so I don't believe the State will have to retaliate. But I imagine that Rump believes he doesn't have to follow the law anymore so he just might try it. Sooner or later, the Senate is going to have to react differently and demand that Rump follow the laws and he isn't the laws in himself. I can't wait to see his next "Here, hold my beer" moment.
Red states will not be punished because they are not hindering enforcement of our immigration laws

your belief that the states can withhold money from the federal government is laughable

the states do not collect federal taxes

Taxpayers are taxed directly by the feds and democrat governors have nothing to do with it

Forum List

Back