Barr announces 'significant escalation' against 'sanctuary' localities

Attorney General William Barr announced Monday that there will be a “significant escalation” against “sanctuary” cities, counties and states, including lawsuits against localities opposed to the Trump administration's hard-line immigration policies.

The administration is attempting to crack down on local and state governments that have pledged to protect undocumented immigrants from deportation. Barr announced lawsuits against the state of New Jersey and King County, Wash., which includes Seattle.

“Unfortunately, in various jurisdictions, so-called ‘progressive’ politicians are jeopardizing the public’s safety by putting the interests of criminal aliens before those of law-abiding citizens,” Barr said.

“These policies are textbook examples of misguided ideology triumphing over commonsense law enforcement,” he added.

Barr, speaking at the National Sheriffs’ Association 2020 Winter Legislative and Technology Conference, said the department is "reviewing the practices, policies and laws of other jurisdictions across the country" to see if they follow laws banning the “harboring or shielding” of undocumented immigrants, Axios reported.

The administration’s suit against New Jersey will attempt to prevent states from enforcing law that stops them from sharing information about criminally charged undocumented immigrants with federal authorities. The King County case will fight a law that bans the Department of Homeland Security “from deporting aliens from the United States through the county airport,” according to Reuters.

SNIP

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

------------

Pelosi and Schumer shot their wad.

There is no serious obstacle to Trump's agenda now.

So Rump has declared war on various State Governors, City Mayors and more. And you honestly think they won't fight back. Fighting back would be a travesty. Bullies always get confused when their "Prey" gains the ability to fight back. It confuses the hell out of the Bully. And you wonder why more and more Republicans and old Tea Partiers are going against Rump and doing what you term as "Fighting Dirty". The Dems need to stick with their policies and planks. We helped to create the Bully and it's up to use to bring the bully down. But it's just "Not Fair", I know.

TRANSLATION:
“I love my pet illegal wetbacks, I hate the federal laws which protect our citizenry and right to sovereignty....but, but, but...I swear I’m a good American.”

I can't wait until Biden gets Rump into a debate on a head to head. I honestly believe that Biden will call him a dog faced liar to his face and then back it up with facts over and over until Rump's face turns deep purple and he stomps out of the Debate Hall long before the Debate is over. Guess they are going to have to have a Rump Cutout handy when that happened. Much like we had to do with Gardner for Townhall meetings.
Trump should invite a Girl scout troop to sit in the front row.

Sorry, since Rump cut funds that were supposed to go to the Scouts there aren't any available to attend.

You "The Party of the Rump just keep on commenting". I've had my say in this thread and I'll have my say again going into the election on November 2nd. So you just keep pumping yourselves up. Make sure that Fat Baby is pumped up real good. I have a good needle.

Forum List

Back