Barr announces 'significant escalation' against 'sanctuary' localities

Attorney General William Barr announced Monday that there will be a “significant escalation” against “sanctuary” cities, counties and states, including lawsuits against localities opposed to the Trump administration's hard-line immigration policies.

The administration is attempting to crack down on local and state governments that have pledged to protect undocumented immigrants from deportation. Barr announced lawsuits against the state of New Jersey and King County, Wash., which includes Seattle.

“Unfortunately, in various jurisdictions, so-called ‘progressive’ politicians are jeopardizing the public’s safety by putting the interests of criminal aliens before those of law-abiding citizens,” Barr said.

“These policies are textbook examples of misguided ideology triumphing over commonsense law enforcement,” he added.

Barr, speaking at the National Sheriffs’ Association 2020 Winter Legislative and Technology Conference, said the department is "reviewing the practices, policies and laws of other jurisdictions across the country" to see if they follow laws banning the “harboring or shielding” of undocumented immigrants, Axios reported.

The administration’s suit against New Jersey will attempt to prevent states from enforcing law that stops them from sharing information about criminally charged undocumented immigrants with federal authorities. The King County case will fight a law that bans the Department of Homeland Security “from deporting aliens from the United States through the county airport,” according to Reuters.

SNIP

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

------------

Pelosi and Schumer shot their wad.

There is no serious obstacle to Trump's agenda now.

So Rump has declared war on various State Governors, City Mayors and more. And you honestly think they won't fight back. Fighting back would be a travesty. Bullies always get confused when their "Prey" gains the ability to fight back. It confuses the hell out of the Bully. And you wonder why more and more Republicans and old Tea Partiers are going against Rump and doing what you term as "Fighting Dirty". The Dems need to stick with their policies and planks. We helped to create the Bully and it's up to use to bring the bully down. But it's just "Not Fair", I know.
Ahh, another lefty that lives in fantasy land, we're not dumping Trump. Apparently, you are unaware that all, not some, states, counties and municipalities, must...that's must, abide by existing federal laws, along with the Constitution. If one does not like the laws, one goes to their political representative and presses for them to actually...change the laws, until then, we're required to abide by them.

You honestly believe that America is a Nation of Laws? That was thrown out a week ago. Now, no matter what a person does, he just has to stand in front of a Judge and use the defense of "Nuhha" and it's thrown out of court. Hey, we all get to play by the Rump Rules now.

That was a stupid post, Darryl! You on the far left tried to get rid of someone you didn't like with a bogus impeachment that NEVER had a prayer of succeeding! Claiming THAT is the end of law in America is laughable! Stop being such a whiny little loser!

Hey, just stating facts.

Attorney General William Barr announced Monday that there will be a “significant escalation” against “sanctuary” cities, counties and states, including lawsuits against localities opposed to the Trump administration's hard-line immigration policies.

The administration is attempting to crack down on local and state governments that have pledged to protect undocumented immigrants from deportation. Barr announced lawsuits against the state of New Jersey and King County, Wash., which includes Seattle.

“Unfortunately, in various jurisdictions, so-called ‘progressive’ politicians are jeopardizing the public’s safety by putting the interests of criminal aliens before those of law-abiding citizens,” Barr said.

“These policies are textbook examples of misguided ideology triumphing over commonsense law enforcement,” he added.

Barr, speaking at the National Sheriffs’ Association 2020 Winter Legislative and Technology Conference, said the department is "reviewing the practices, policies and laws of other jurisdictions across the country" to see if they follow laws banning the “harboring or shielding” of undocumented immigrants, Axios reported.

The administration’s suit against New Jersey will attempt to prevent states from enforcing law that stops them from sharing information about criminally charged undocumented immigrants with federal authorities. The King County case will fight a law that bans the Department of Homeland Security “from deporting aliens from the United States through the county airport,” according to Reuters.

SNIP

------------

So Rump has declared war on various State Governors, City Mayors and more. And you honestly think they won't fight back. Fighting back would be a travesty. Bullies always get confused when their "Prey" gains the ability to fight back. It confuses the hell out of the Bully. And you wonder why more and more Republicans and old Tea Partiers are going against Rump and doing what you term as "Fighting Dirty". The Dems need to stick with their policies and planks. We helped to create the Bully and it's up to use to bring the bully down. But it's just "Not Fair", I know.
Ahh, another lefty that lives in fantasy land, we're not dumping Trump. Apparently, you are unaware that all, not some, states, counties and municipalities, must...that's must, abide by existing federal laws, along with the Constitution. If one does not like the laws, one goes to their political representative and presses for them to actually...change the laws, until then, we're required to abide by them.

You honestly believe that America is a Nation of Laws? That was thrown out a week ago. Now, no matter what a person does, he just has to stand in front of a Judge and use the defense of "Nuhha" and it's thrown out of court. Hey, we all get to play by the Rump Rules now.

That was a stupid post, Darryl! You on the far left tried to get rid of someone you didn't like with a bogus impeachment that NEVER had a prayer of succeeding! Claiming THAT is the end of law in America is laughable! Stop being such a whiny little loser!

Hey, just stating facts.

As far as I can tell from this string, Darryl...you wouldn't know a "fact" if it ran up your pant leg and bit you on the willie! Just saying...

TRANSLATION:
“I love my pet illegal wetbacks, I hate the federal laws which protect our citizenry and right to sovereignty....but, but, but...I swear I’m a good American.”

I can't wait until Biden gets Rump into a debate on a head to head. I honestly believe that Biden will call him a dog faced liar to his face and then back it up with facts over and over until Rump's face turns deep purple and he stomps out of the Debate Hall long before the Debate is over. Guess they are going to have to have a Rump Cutout handy when that happened. Much like we had to do with Gardner for Townhall meetings.

Biden?
BIDEN??

LMFAO.

Yeah, I'm sure Trump is absolutely terrified of going head to head with the senile hairy legged finger nibbling child groper.

Something must be amiss. Rump has gone way out of his way to try and get Biden out of the running. It's become both comical and tragic.

Has America ever elected a president they knew would die before the end of his first term?

It just means we have to look at the VP slot very carefully. We were faced with that with McCain. What a friggin Nightmare for VP that was. That single handed cost him the office.

No...he lost because he was unfit for the office due to his age....NOBODY hires a dead man walking. It’s quite comical that a crypt keeper, a communist, a fudge packer and a lying beggar is the best the Mexicrats could come up with...Face it dude, 2020 has been conceded.

TRANSLATION:
“I love my pet illegal wetbacks, I hate the federal laws which protect our citizenry and right to sovereignty....but, but, but...I swear I’m a good American.”

I can't wait until Biden gets Rump into a debate on a head to head. I honestly believe that Biden will call him a dog faced liar to his face and then back it up with facts over and over until Rump's face turns deep purple and he stomps out of the Debate Hall long before the Debate is over. Guess they are going to have to have a Rump Cutout handy when that happened. Much like we had to do with Gardner for Townhall meetings.

Biden?
BIDEN??

LMFAO.

Yeah, I'm sure Trump is absolutely terrified of going head to head with the senile hairy legged finger nibbling child groper.

Something must be amiss. Rump has gone way out of his way to try and get Biden out of the running. It's become both comical and tragic.

What's comical, Darryl is that you thought Biden was EVER a viable candidate! He's literally been running for President for the better part of forty years and he's ALWAYS done something stupid to shoot himself in the foot and scuttle his campaign.

Have you ever seen "My Fellow Americans" and Dan Akroyds dumbass VP in that movie? Biden always reminded me of him.

SNIP

------------

Let's see how those Mayors and Governors do once Federal funds start drying up. Progressives can't function without "freebies". When they can't fund their liberal programs then the class of dependents that they've created will turn on them. It's the nature of the beast.

By the same contrast, let's see how the Federal Government and the Red States do when the States withhold the Federal Money they send. The Feds may have to have yardsale where they auction off Georgia. Trust me, it won't be missed.

You think that people in liberal cities and States have the right not to send in their Federal taxes, Darryl? I hate to break this to you, Darryl but the only sure things in life are death and taxes! Withhold Federal taxes, little buddy...see where you end up!

I used it as a whatif in response to the idjits that said that the Federal Funds would be withheld from the States. Now considering every dime of the Federal Money comes from the states then refusing to return the proper amount of funds to the state would justify the State to not send it in the first place. Again, you want to play the game, don't make the rules. Yah, I know, you bullies always believe that no one will fight back but guess again.

The "truth" is...Donald Trump defeated Hillary Clinton because she was an awful candidate who ran an awful campaign! If you idiots on the left run ANOTHER awful candidate then Trump will win again! That's got less to do with Trump than it does about the political "blinders" that the Democrats are wearing at the moment!

Hey, just stating facts.

As far as I can tell from this string, Darryl...you wouldn't know a "fact" if it ran up your pant leg and bit you on the willie! Just saying...

So, when you are faced with facts and truths, I guess all that's left for you to respond with is insults. I didn't win. But you certainly lost. Get used to it.

SNIP

------------

Let's see how those Mayors and Governors do once Federal funds start drying up. Progressives can't function without "freebies". When they can't fund their liberal programs then the class of dependents that they've created will turn on them. It's the nature of the beast.

By the same contrast, let's see how the Federal Government and the Red States do when the States withhold the Federal Money they send. The Feds may have to have yardsale where they auction off Georgia. Trust me, it won't be missed.

You think that people in liberal cities and States have the right not to send in their Federal taxes, Darryl? I hate to break this to you, Darryl but the only sure things in life are death and taxes! Withhold Federal taxes, little buddy...see where you end up!

I used it as a whatif in response to the idjits that said that the Federal Funds would be withheld from the States. Now considering every dime of the Federal Money comes from the states then refusing to return the proper amount of funds to the state would justify the State to not send it in the first place. Again, you want to play the game, don't make the rules. Yah, I know, you bullies always believe that no one will fight back but guess again.

Federal income taxes don't come from the States...they come from individual Americans paying them directly to the IRS. Do you not know this?

Hey, just stating facts.

So, when you are faced with facts and truths, I guess all that's left for you to respond with is insults. I didn't win. But you certainly lost. Get used to it.

How pray tell did I "lose"? The person I voted for was elected. That's a fact. You lost, Darryl...something you obviously still HAVEN'T come to grips with!

The "truth" is...Donald Trump defeated Hillary Clinton because she was an awful candidate who ran an awful campaign! If you idiots on the left run ANOTHER awful candidate then Trump will win again! That's got less to do with Trump than it does about the political "blinders" that the Democrats are wearing at the moment!

Rump is already in the losers lane. What is he going to do to get back into the winner lane? So far, he's not too presidential doing his Revenge Routine when America needs a President to help heal and unite. I once said that a Ham Sandwich could defeat Rump. How as I to know that the Democrats would take me literal and run 4 ham sandwiches. I was hoping for at least a Pastrami on Rye.

Federal income taxes don't come from the States...they come from individual Americans paying them directly to the IRS. Do you not know this?

Which is collected by the States and then sent to the Feds. How is that you don't know this? How does it get to the IRS, is it done by magic Pixie Dust?

SNIP

------------

TRANSLATION:

Biden?
BIDEN??

LMFAO.

Stop drinking CNN's koolaid.

Rump is already in the losers lane. What is he going to do to get back into the winner lane? So far, he's not too presidential doing his Revenge Routine when America needs a President to help heal and unite. I once said that a Ham Sandwich could defeat Rump. How as I to know that the Democrats would take me literal and run 4 ham sandwiches. I was hoping for at least a Pastrami on Rye.
As long as the Democrats continue their jihad against Trump, Daryl...I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Donald Trump to spend a lot of time healing and uniting! In case you haven't noticed...he tends to give back what he gets. It's the New Yorker in him. Pelosi COULD have worked with Trump. He's willing to deal. What he's NOT willing to do is back down from someone who's picking a fight with him.

Hey, just stating facts.

How pray tell did I "lose"? The person I voted for was elected. That's a fact. You lost, Darryl...something you obviously still HAVEN'T come to grips with!

newsflash: we all lost. We just didn't know how bad at the time. But we are figuring it out pretty damned fast. Just remember, Rump isn't beholding to ANY laws now. His "Here, hold my beer" moments are coming hot and heavy. And who is going to even slow him down? Certainly not you bunch of "ThePartyoftheRump". So I guess it's up to the rest of us. And we don't work well when threatened and won't tolerate any representative in office that it does.

Which is collected by the States and then sent to the Feds. How is that you don't know this? How does it get to the IRS, is it done by magic Pixie Dust?

It's rather obvious that you haven't ever paid Federal Income Taxes, Daryl! You don't send them to your State. You send those to the IRS!

TRANSLATION:

Biden?
BIDEN??

LMFAO.

Stop drinking CNN's koolaid.

Hate to break it to you but I don't have Cable. I watch Antenna TV and read the local Newspapers. You should try it sometime. I do know it will require deprogramming for you but that's going to come sooner than you think.

Hey, just stating facts.

newsflash: we all lost. We just didn't know how bad at the time. But we are figuring it out pretty damned fast. Just remember, Rump isn't beholding to ANY laws now. His "Here, hold my beer" moments are coming hot and heavy. And who is going to even slow him down? Certainly not you bunch of "ThePartyoftheRump". So I guess it's up to the rest of us. And we don't work well when threatened and won't tolerate any representative in office that it does.

Fighting back against a joke of an impeachment "threatens" you in some way, Daryl? Trump is beholden to the same laws as he always was...your histrionics not withstanding!

SNIP

------------

Dumbass would be someone who thinks that federal taxes come from states. It comes from the people inhabiting the United States. Manage somehow to extort their own portion of their citizens' earnings, ostensibly to support state programs. Therefore, states should not need federal money to finance state programs.

Hey, just stating facts.

You wouldn't know FACT or TRUTH if either flattened you in the street. Seriously, get a grip.

It's rather obvious that you haven't ever paid Federal Income Taxes, Daryl! You don't send them to your State. You send those to the IRS!

I overpay each month or quarter. And that is sent to the Colorado Revenue Department who takes out their cut and sends the rest to the Feds. MOST people do it that way. But don't let a little thing called FACT get in the way of a good lie.

Forum List

Back