Detroit Lions looking pretty good, beat Tampa Bay handily

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
Gotta say, the Lions really do look for real, very well-rounded in all phases of the game and they're deep too. Good players get injured, but the backups come in and the team keeps winning. Their defense is playing much better than anticipated by many and frankly the offense still hasn't hit their top gear yet. Fun team to watch, they play football the way it should be played IMHO, teamwork. Tough game coming up in Baltimore next Sunday, Lamar Jackson is for real.

Gotta say, the Lions really do look for real, very well-rounded in all phases of the game and they're deep too. Good players get injured, but the backups come in and the team keeps winning. Their defense is playing much better than anticipated by many and frankly the offense still hasn't hit their top gear yet. Fun team to watch, they play football the way it should be played IMHO, teamwork. Tough game coming up in Baltimore next Sunday, Lamar Jackson is for real.
kennypower-FU.gif

The Lions are one of the best teams out there. Tampa is crap since Brady left.

I don't think their (TB's) defense is crap. Mayfield messed up on some throws that could've resulted in TDs, and he did have a few drops too. But they look like they might win the NFC South, as weak as it is. But anyway, the Lions are winning despite losing some decent players to injuries. Hopefully Montgomery won't miss too many games with his injury, they need him to pound that ball inside to setup the play action stuff.

So funny you wrote all that. I just wrote this in another thread. Almost identical.

I just wrote this in another thread

This is why I think Detroit might be for real. They have a good Offensive line to protect Goff. he has the most 20 plus throws this year. That means he's not a shitty QB who just hands off the ball. He can SLING. And he has a lot of good receivers. One just came back from a 4 game suspension.

Detroit has a next man up mentality. If one guy goes down, this is the second stringers chance to prove themselves in the NFL. You are here for a reason. Look at the Jets QB. Hell, the Giants 2nd string QB almost beat the Bills.

And our Defense is for real.

No one has exposed us yet like SF was exposed yesterday. We lost to a good Seattle team. SF lost to the Brown. LOL. And the Eagles lost too? Shit!

The Lions are one of the best teams out there. Tampa is crap since Brady left.
They were 3 and 1 yesterday. They already got their bi week? That's too soon. Especially when the week you come back you lose? Gonna be a long season.

I don't think their (TB's) defense is crap. Mayfield messed up on some throws that could've resulted in TDs, and he did have a few drops too. But they look like they might win the NFC South, as weak as it is. But anyway, the Lions are winning despite losing some decent players to injuries. Hopefully Montgomery won't miss too many games with his injury, they need him to pound that ball inside to setup the play action stuff.
We have a really good receiver who was suspended for 4 games. I think for gambling? Anyways, he dropped a huge pass yesterday but then the next bomb Goff threw he caught for a TD. That wide receiver may be great. And we just got him back.

When is our bi week? We need it soon. LOL. Rest em up.

Yeah the Lions look good but after 65 years of losing, it’s hard to think they’re winners.

The curse of Bobby Layne may still be unresolved.

Yeah the Lions look good but after 65 years of losing, it’s hard to think they’re winners.

The curse of Bobby Layne may still be unresolved.

I see a solid team. One that could lose a game but it will be a close one. No blowouts. Enough great players that if one or two good ones go down, it doesn't mean we are doomed.

I see a good QB and a lot of good receivers. I don't even know their names yet but I like what I see.

In years past, we always had week safeties, corner backs and QB's picked us apart. I don't see that happening.

I believe we get too many penalties but we are young and that can be fixed/prevented/stopped.

Goff has the most 20plus throws in the league I heard. So he's not a weakness. He's doing a great job. Making good decisions.

Man, our defense is good. I'd put it against anybodies O and that offense is going to struggle.

I see the QB ratings and I never see Goff on the list. So it clearly doesn't matter. He's effective when it matters.

SF downfall? They didn't draft a kicker. LOL. Can you imagine if they lose in the Superbowl because they miss all their fieldgoals?

Cowboys always look good against an average team. Let's see how they do last game of the year against the Lions.

Philly looks beatable now too.

Bills almost lost

We already beat Kansas City

This is not the SOL. We need to bring back Another One Bites the Dust. We did that back when Billy Sims was our star running back. Last time we were good. And we fucked up then too.

Detroit is close. They would greatly benefit if they get home field. With their remaining schedule (not a monster schedule left, 5 division games left), the toughest game looks to be Dallas on the road at the end of December. A win this week over Baltimore and 14 wins might not be out of the question.

Detroit is close. They would greatly benefit if they get home field. With their remaining schedule (not a monster schedule left, 5 division games left), the toughest game looks to be Dallas on the road at the end of December. A win this week over Baltimore and 14 wins might not be out of the question.

Maybe the biggest problem facing the Lions is how to stay hungry and focused on the game at hand rather than looking ahead. Going back to that Carolina game last year that they lost badly, I think they got caught looking ahead too much and they lost their focus on Carolina. Even the best teams come out flat and can be beaten if they can't get their mojo back. There might be a game or 2 like that for the Lions despite Campbell's coaching, but yeah I can see 14 wins as doable. Remember, these guys are winning without some of their better players, and if Jamo get's going then this offense can really take off. I'd bet money they'll hang 40 or more on somebody this season, even without Montgomery.

I see a solid team. One that could lose a game but it will be a close one. No blowouts. Enough great players that if one or two good ones go down, it doesn't mean we are doomed.

I see a good QB and a lot of good receivers. I don't even know their names yet but I like what I see.

In years past, we always had week safeties, corner backs and QB's picked us apart. I don't see that happening.

I believe we get too many penalties but we are young and that can be fixed/prevented/stopped.

Goff has the most 20plus throws in the league I heard. So he's not a weakness. He's doing a great job. Making good decisions.

Man, our defense is good. I'd put it against anybodies O and that offense is going to struggle.

I see the QB ratings and I never see Goff on the list. So it clearly doesn't matter. He's effective when it matters.

SF downfall? They didn't draft a kicker. LOL. Can you imagine if they lose in the Superbowl because they miss all their fieldgoals?

Cowboys always look good against an average team. Let's see how they do last game of the year against the Lions.

Philly looks beatable now too.

Bills almost lost

We already beat Kansas City

This is not the SOL. We need to bring back Another One Bites the Dust. We did that back when Billy Sims was our star running back. Last time we were good. And we fucked up then too.
Lion‘s are getting destroyed today. I have to say I never got on the bandwagon.

Lion‘s are getting destroyed today. I have to say I never got on the bandwagon.

We're all talking about it at the water cooler.

1. It was an away game
2. We really just hope to win our division and win 1 playoff game
3. We are a young team
4. Lamar Jackson is a beast
5. We were due for a loss
6. Most teams who win the superbowl lost 2 or more regular season games

Trust me, we are very hard on the Lion's. In Kansas City if they lose a game they don't panic but Detroit fans worry that the SOL just showed up.

We're all talking about it at the water cooler.

1. It was an away game
2. We really just hope to win our division and win 1 playoff game
3. We are a young team
4. Lamar Jackson is a beast
5. We were due for a loss
6. Most teams who win the superbowl lost 2 or more regular season games

Trust me, we are very hard on the Lion's. In Kansas City if they lose a game they don't panic but Detroit fans worry that the SOL just showed up.
Losing is one thing but getting your ass kicked, is another. My guess is they will proceed to lose their next few games and finish 500 which for them, is a great accomplishment.

Losing is one thing but getting your ass kicked, is another. My guess is they will proceed to lose their next few games and finish 500 which for them, is a great accomplishment.
I worry about us losing bad and I see Chicago won another game.

We should beat Chicago 2 times

Raiders are 3 and 4. We should beat them. But let's say we lose to them.

Chargers 2 and 4 we should beat them. But let's say we lose

Packers, we should beat but let's say we lose

Saints 3 and 4 we should beat them but let's say we lose

Broncos we should beat but let's say we lose

Vikings we should beat twice but let's say we split with them.

Dallas will beat us

Lions are 5-2 right now. That would put us at 8 and 9. We could go 8 and 9 if we start losing.

I don't think we will. I think we will finish 10 and 7. Thus winning the division.

We might even win the division going 8 and 9. We have 3 more wins than GB, Vikings and Bears.

Lions 6 and 2
Minnesota 4-4

If you are a Lion's fan you are worried that Minnesota is going to pass you before the end of the season. Right now we are two games up and we play them twice before the end of the year. All Minnesota has to do is win as many games as we do and beat us twice. I don't think they will but again, as a Lion's fan, you expect that kind of heartbreak.

After last weeks loss, I looked at our upcoming schedule and suddenly worried about some of our upcoming opponents. We didn't play great last night and the Raiders aren't all that but we had a lot of injuries and next week we have a bi. So it was a good win and after the bi I expect us to be healthy and even better.

So let me go through the rest of our schedule now that we are 6 and 2 and see best/worst case scenarios.

Chargers are 3 and 4. We should beat them but coin toss
Bears and Packers we beat. We have more wins than them combined.
Saints are 4-4 but I could see losing to them. Toss up
Bears again? Another win
Denver upsets us. 3 and 5 so toss up
We split with Minnesota
We lose to Dallas even though I believe we will beat them. So another toss up. We're better than them.

We could win every game the rest of the way.

Let's say we lose the 5 toss ups. That's 4 more wins. So we should for sure finish with at least 10 wins.

I have determined that the Lion's should at least get to 10 wins. Minnesota is our one concern. How will they end up?

They take on the Falcons. At 4 and 4 they are a top their division so they really want to win. Vikings lose

Then the Saints. At 4 and 4 and atop their division, same result. Vikings lose

Bronco's starting to look better. Vikings lose

Vikings beat the Bears

Vikings beat the Raiders

Benghals beat Vikings

Split the games with the Lions

Beat Greenbay

Minnesota is 4 and 4 right now.

I say Vikings end up with 8 wins. We should win 10 MINIMUM.

OMG is Kirk Cousins out? Can I start celebrating the Lion's winning the division? I think so. No fucking way we blow this gift. Not with Green Bay and the Bears sucking the way they do. WTF is going on?

Forum List

Back