Detroit Lions looking pretty good, beat Tampa Bay handily

First time!
I'm trying to find the guy who said he didn't think Lamar Jackson was all that. They've beaten a lot of good teams. And they play the Dolphins next week.

Next week will be a good test for the Lions. Dallas in Dallas. Probably won't win that game. But then we play the Vikings at Home. We need to win that game. Finish 12-5. Can't believe it. What if we beat Dallas too. Finish 13 and 4. Would we maybe get a bi?

Gotta say, the Lions really do look for real, very well-rounded in all phases of the game and they're deep too. Good players get injured, but the backups come in and the team keeps winning. Their defense is playing much better than anticipated by many and frankly the offense still hasn't hit their top gear yet. Fun team to watch, they play football the way it should be played IMHO, teamwork. Tough game coming up in Baltimore next Sunday, Lamar Jackson is for real.
They have worried me late in the year after losing to the Bears and struggling against the Vikings. And losing to Baltimore. Another tough test will be Dallas in Dallas. They are tough at home so I won't worry too much if we lost because we have home court advantage round 1. But maybe we could have home court against Dallas too if we finish with a better record. We play them and Minnesota. They (Dallas) play us and Commanders. This is honestly the first time I'm hearing about the Commanders this year. They must suck. Yup. 4 and 11. So I think we need to beat Dallas so we don't have to play them in Dallas in the playoffs.

Gotta say, the Lions really do look for real, very well-rounded in all phases of the game and they're deep too. Good players get injured, but the backups come in and the team keeps winning. Their defense is playing much better than anticipated by many and frankly the offense still hasn't hit their top gear yet. Fun team to watch, they play football the way it should be played IMHO, teamwork. Tough game coming up in Baltimore next Sunday, Lamar Jackson is for real.
brings up a big two weeks in the nfc south. competition to lose the first round to dallas or phully should be tight.

I'm trying to find the guy who said he didn't think Lamar Jackson was all that. They've beaten a lot of good teams. And they play the Dolphins next week.

Next week will be a good test for the Lions. Dallas in Dallas. Probably won't win that game. But then we play the Vikings at Home. We need to win that game. Finish 12-5. Can't believe it. What if we beat Dallas too. Finish 13 and 4. Would we maybe get a bi?
Jackson is fantastic. Showed it today beating the 49ers.

Yeah Lions lose at Dallas likely. Hopefully they don’t get blown out. A 12-5 finish is amazing for a franchise that has sucked for decades.

They have worried me late in the year after losing to the Bears and struggling against the Vikings. And losing to Baltimore. Another tough test will be Dallas in Dallas. They are tough at home so I won't worry too much if we lost because we have home court advantage round 1. But maybe we could have home court against Dallas too if we finish with a better record. We play them and Minnesota. They (Dallas) play us and Commanders. This is honestly the first time I'm hearing about the Commanders this year. They must suck. Yup. 4 and 11. So I think we need to beat Dallas so we don't have to play them in Dallas in the playoffs.
If the Vikes had Cousins, they win that game. The Lions barely won even though they had four interceptions.

If the Vikes had Cousins, they win that game. The Lions barely won even though they had four interceptions.

We are 11-4 and they are 7-8. But until we beat them yesterday, they still could have caught us and won the division. I was so scared after we lost to the Bears that this was going to happen. We call it SOL. Instead of Shit Out of Luck, it's Same Old Lions. If we lost our last 3 games and Minnesota won their last 3 games, They'd be 10 and 7 and we'd be 10 and 7. And they'd win the division. So it really made yesterday important to us because like you said we're probably going to lose to Dallas. That would have made our last game VERY very important. I'm so glad it doesn't matter as much now. We can relax for 2 weeks. I'd rest anyone who's hurt.

Jackson is fantastic. Showed it today beating the 49ers.

Yeah Lions lose at Dallas likely. Hopefully they don’t get blown out. A 12-5 finish is amazing for a franchise that has sucked for decades.
Just two years removed from 3-13-1, the Lions are division champions for the first time in 30 years. They are the biggest winners this week. The offense was powerful, with a balanced running and passing attack. And while the defense yielded 390 yards to the Vikings, it also intercepted Nick Mullens four times and sacked him four times. The Lions have to tighten up the defense before the playoffs, but no postseason opponent is going to feel comfortable being the visitor at what is going to be a raucous and roaring Ford Field.

Just two years removed from 3-13-1, the Lions are division champions for the first time in 30 years. They are the biggest winners this week. The offense was powerful, with a balanced running and passing attack. And while the defense yielded 390 yards to the Vikings, it also intercepted Nick Mullens four times and sacked him four times. The Lions have to tighten up the defense before the playoffs, but no postseason opponent is going to feel comfortable being the visitor at what is going to be a raucous and roaring Ford Field.
They are good. They also are sloppy as some other playoff teams may be.

They are good. They also are sloppy as some other playoff teams may be.

I just told someone else these are the division leaders

Dolphins
Chiefs
Ravens
Jaquars, Colts or Texans
Eagles
49rs
Buccs
Detroit

And then there are the wildcards. Teams that figured it out late. Maybe they had injuries early but they are healthy now and hot. Browns, Rams? Cowboys and Bills. Holy shit who wants to play the Cowboys or Bills in the first round? Not Detroit. LOL. Even at home. I hope we get the Rams. We beat Matthew Stafford. OMG he will want to beat us so bad too.

So I think we need to beat Dallas so we don't have to play them in Dallas in the playoffs.

Works for me. At this point, I don't care a whole lot about who we'll play in the playoffs, but if we play Dallas in Dallas in the playoffs then it would have to be in the 2nd round, meaning we'd have to win our 1st round game.

Works for me. At this point, I don't care a whole lot about who we'll play in the playoffs, but if we play Dallas in Dallas in the playoffs then it would have to be in the 2nd round, meaning we'd have to win our 1st round game.
If the Lions win out and the 49ers and Eagles don’t, they’d have the #1 seed. That would truly be amazing considering their long history of losing.

Forum List

Back