Dems got the Trump Racism thing all wrong

Lets get real for a second...
Really good stuff there.

Unfortunately, I think we all know that (a) the Left is not going to abandon a tactic that has worked so well for so long -- no matter what the obvious negative effects are -- and (b) the Right is going to continue to feed the Left all the material it needs to continue, both in terms of behaviors (as evidenced on this thread) and denials of the obvious.

This hyper-focus on race can not and will stop, an "honest conversation on race" will not begin, until and unless both ends of this are willing to look in the mirror and hold their own side accountable. That is an absolute requirement.

Until then, this only continues.

Lets get real for a second. If you are partisan spinner on either side please leave now. Here's the deal. Trump made a stupid ignorant statement the other day when he said he didn't want people from Shithole countries coming here. His lackies are looking like fools trying to make excuses for him, trying to make this thing about a PC language issue or pretending that he was simply talking about the conditions of 3rd world countries, or spreading the idiotic narrative that he didn't even say it. Its embarrassing for them. On the flip side, the dems are over playing their hand by going after Trump as a Racist... Let me explain.

I understand the racist argument that the Left is making based on Trumps statements, but I believe that to be subjective and over played in this case. The real issue from what i've seen has more to do with class. Trump doesn't want poor uneducated people coming into our Country. His statement was discriminatory, no question, so lets be accurate and call it that. I don't think Trump would have a problem with a bunch of Ben Carson's coming into our country, I don't think it is a race issue.

Trump wants merit based immigration where we give priority to people who have proven that they have something to contribute to society. People with achievements in education, work, or monetary means have proven merit under his standards and those who are poor or uneducated do not have the same merit. I don't agree with Trump, I believe in giving people opportunity and that nobody is better than the other just because they are born somewhere else or born with more means than another. I also believe that people from poor countries represent a perspective that those from rich countries don't have. They have a great sense of appreciation for opportunity and the American dream because they have gone through the struggle of not having it. That is a valuable perspective to have.

I understand given Trumps history that a link can be made to say that he may assume people of color to fit a certain stereotype unless they have proven otherwise and with that a case for Racism could be made. However, I'd like to see our political discussion less polarized and hyperbolized and more realistic based on the facts. Dems should stop with the hyperfocus on Racism and call this what it is, class based discrimination... Reps need to stop being spin doctor puppets... and Trump needs to grow the fuck up and start acting like a leader

Well articulated but done so with head in clouds. President Trump has thus far been an admirable leader, perhaps among the greatest this nation has elected. What fascinates me is the Democrat tendency, and it is a chronic one, to assign blame for some political shortcoming their own party is guilty of and blatantly so, to the opposition. The case suggested in your post is no different. Race warfare, a newly invigorated state of cultural and social being resurrected by the Democratic Party, is the new Marxist vision of class warfare and the American left owns it. The Democrats have yet to understand President Trump's personal nature or strategic thought processes. He is a reactionary, to be sure, however he reacts only to certain opposition actions and tends to carry around a mental list of expected gaffs the Democrats are most likely to make so he has ample time to consider those public reactions.

The man is brilliant. One could make an excellent argument for President Trump being single handedly responsible for the late stage radicalization of the Democratic Party within the short span of three years, solely for the purpose of pushing it to the brink of highly volatile insanity. Genius. You want to know where the Democrat religion of racism originates and why it has ramped to the boiling point just before 2020? Not because Trump is a racist. He doesn't even see race or skin tone, his advisors claim. But exactly because that is how he has coerced the Democrats into reacting to him. Of course, the Democrats had many other options to choose from than melting down over imaginary systemic racial injustices. Their reaction only highlights the inherent corruption and anti-Americanism already present in the Democratic Party for all Americans to witness on national television. Well played Mr. President, well played!

Lets get real for a second...
Really good stuff there.

Unfortunately, I think we all know that (a) the Left is not going to abandon a tactic that has worked so well for so long -- no matter what the obvious negative effects are -- and (b) the Right is going to continue to feed the Left all the material it needs to continue, both in terms of behaviors (as evidenced on this thread) and denials of the obvious.

This hyper-focus on race can not and will stop, an "honest conversation on race" will not begin, until and unless both ends of this are willing to look in the mirror and hold their own side accountable. That is an absolute requirement.

Until then, this only continues.

This has never been complicated...The focus on race won’t end until all races behave similarly. Stereotyping is used by intelligent beings...it isn’t going anywhere...EVER
‘Groups’ will need to condemn the pieces of shits within their groups to create separation...we know that won’t happen.
Mama always said...”Son, if you’re going to expect to be treated equally you better behave like an equal.”
Simple shit.

Trump made a stupid ignorant statement the other day when he said he didn't want people from Shithole countries coming here. His lackies are looking like fools trying to make excuses for him, trying to make this thing about a PC language issue or pretending that he was simply talking about the conditions of 3rd world countries, or spreading the idiotic narrative that he didn't even say it. Its embarrassing for them.

I don't think Cult45 is embarrassed at all. This seems a part of their plan for 2020. Political polarization is all they have left.

I understand the racist argument that the Left is making based on Trumps statements, but I believe that to be subjective and over played in this case. The real issue from what i've seen has more to do with class. Trump doesn't want poor uneducated people coming into our Country.

To me it's always been about class first, then religion. Racism is just a symptom. Poor people are always made to be the victims in this country. Right now, the poor people are the scary brown immigrants who worship a different god from the majority. Dems and Reps use poor people in different ways. This isn't a particularly new concept.

Trump wants merit based immigration where we give priority to people who have proven that they have something to contribute to society. People with achievements in education, work, or monetary means have proven merit under his standards and those who are poor or uneducated do not have the same merit. I don't agree with Trump, I believe in giving people opportunity and that nobody is better than the other just because they are born somewhere else or born with more means than another. I also believe that people from poor countries represent a perspective that those from rich countries don't have. They have a great sense of appreciation for opportunity and the American dream because they have gone through the struggle of not having it. That is a valuable perspective to have.

I'm pretty sure in one way or another, merit-based immigration has always been the goal of both parties until reality hits them in the face. Once again, this relates to class.

Cult45, and Republicans by association currently abhor the poor. They don't care that much for any religion that's not Christian. They think the American perspective is the only valid one, and they especially want nothing to do with importing foreign ones from other countries. Xenophobia, isolationism and protectionism are the true goals for some, but they're not very realistic, so they take that failure out on lower classes using bigotry and outright hostility, adding to the political divide.

The Liberal tenet of always promoting change in the system is going full steam ahead, heading for the bridge. They don't realize the bridge is out due to their heavy promotion of identity politics in just about everything they do. Encouraging diversity via immigration is fine. Having empathy for poor people in other countries wanting to make a better life in America is a noble cause. But they overplay their hand when they create legislation to give them entitlements that some American citizens can't even qualify for. That is the complete opposite of a merit-based society and it totally undermines our whole system of immigration and naturalization, IMO. Amnesty and expanding entitlement programs are true goals for some, but they're not very realistic, so they take that failure out on every class except the poor, adding to the political divide.

I understand given Trumps history that a link can be made to say that he may assume people of color to fit a certain stereotype unless they have proven otherwise and with that a case for Racism could be made. However, I'd like to see our political discussion less polarized and hyperbolized and more realistic based on the facts. Dems should stop with the hyperfocus on Racism and call this what it is, class based discrimination... Reps need to stop being spin doctor puppets... and Trump needs to grow the fuck up and start acting like a leader

Yep. Also, leftists changing meanings of words to suit specific narratives is quite extreme. Promoting an overly complex new gender classification system in academia is a total waste of time to me. Assaulting 1st amendment rights of those they don't agree with is deplorable. The rhetoric from social justice warriors in Congress is becoming as toxic as rhetoric from white supremacists. Up is down, right is left. This government is nothing but a superficial reality shit show. The vocal left is fucking PC bananas right now, which I can't see boding too well for stabilizing the party in the future, but what do I know anymore?

The conservative tenet of maintaining the status quo is at full charge as well, heading for the tunnel. They don't realize the tunnel has collapsed due to their bigotry and outright condemnation of everything non-white and non-American. Yes, racism has soiled the party name right now, and instead of outright condemnation of that, they either double down with their silence, or saturate everything with the word. This idea of locking up everyone attempting asylum is failing fast, and there's no exit strategy. Racking up more of our debt to 'send a message' is a total waste of effort to me. Conservatives can't call themselves conservative when their outspending their Democrat counterparts 'for freedom'.

Changing meanings of words to suit specific narratives is quite extreme. Hiding behind memes and social media to hurl hate at gays, minorities and women is super lame. Saying 'it's was just a joke' when called out on it is even lamer. Crying about 1st amendment rights when getting banned for the hate on a privately owned media platform is the lamest fake outrage there is coming from the right. Sexual indiscretions only seem to be immoral when the other party does it. The GOP touts individual liberty while obsessing 24/7 about what Americans do in their own bedrooms. The Cult45 and other vocal idiots on the right are doing their damnedest to make themselves look like the snowflakes and backward hillbillies Hillary described them as.

This is the circus we got when we elected a clown shoe.

Lets get real for a second. If you are partisan spinner on either side please leave now. Here's the deal. Trump made a stupid ignorant statement the other day when he said he didn't want people from Shithole countries coming here. His lackies are looking like fools trying to make excuses for him, trying to make this thing about a PC language issue or pretending that he was simply talking about the conditions of 3rd world countries, or spreading the idiotic narrative that he didn't even say it. Its embarrassing for them. On the flip side, the dems are over playing their hand by going after Trump as a Racist... Let me explain.

I understand the racist argument that the Left is making based on Trumps statements, but I believe that to be subjective and over played. The real issue from what i've seen has more to do with class. Trump doesn't want poor uneducated people coming into our Country. His statement was discriminatory, no question, so lets be accurate and call it that. I don't think Trump would have a problem with a bunch of Ben Carson's coming into our country, I don't think it is a race issue.

I say fuck all the spin, the bullshit trivia and pussified nobility...let’s call it what it really is and call it TRUTH.
You're gonna have to do better than that. What specifically do you think is the TRUTH?

Brown and Black communities, cities, states and nations are all in fact SHITHOLES....this isn’t coincidental...places are what the people are.
I wonder who made them that way, by occupying their lands and stealing their resources (Africa, central and south America...)
Africa had the pharaohs and the moors and were centuries ahead of the Europeans.
Dont you ever forget who brought Europe out of the dark ages.

I understand the racist argument that the Left is making based on Trumps statements, but I believe that to be subjective and over played in this case. The real issue from what i've seen has more to do with class. Trump doesn't want poor uneducated people coming into our Country. His statement was discriminatory, no question, so lets be accurate and call it that. I don't think Trump would have a problem with a bunch of Ben Carson's coming into our country, I don't think it is a race issue.

A year and a half later, how do you feel now, Slade3200? I didn't catch the date on the OP until I had already read it--and I thought you were talking about the Squad and Cummings. Perfect fit.

Do you still feel this way?
I think our discourse has devolved into a team sport shit show and there is no more good will. I think Trump owns a lot of responsibility for this dynamic and I think dems and the media contribute to it as well. One thing I’m sure of, this is an embarrassment to our country and major changes need to be made. 2020 can’t come soon enough

It's JMO that when Trump goes after brown and black people his supporters love it and will buy whatever other crap he's laying on them

I understand the racist argument that the Left is making based on Trumps statements, but I believe that to be subjective and over played. The real issue from what i've seen has more to do with class. Trump doesn't want poor uneducated people coming into our Country. His statement was discriminatory, no question, so lets be accurate and call it that. I don't think Trump would have a problem with a bunch of Ben Carson's coming into our country, I don't think it is a race issue.

I say fuck all the spin, the bullshit trivia and pussified nobility...let’s call it what it really is and call it TRUTH.
You're gonna have to do better than that. What specifically do you think is the TRUTH?

Brown and Black communities, cities, states and nations are all in fact SHITHOLES....this isn’t coincidental...places are what the people are.
I wonder who made them that way, by occupying their lands and stealing their resources (Africa, central and south America...)
Africa had the pharaohs and the moors and were centuries ahead of the Europeans.

“Occupying their lands and stealing their recourses”...you mean like Mexico is doing here right now?
Elaborate on that would you?

Well articulated but done so with head in clouds. President Trump has thus far been an admirable leader, perhaps among the greatest this nation has elected. What fascinates me is the Democrat tendency, and it is a chronic one, to assign blame for some political shortcoming their own party is guilty of and blatantly so, to the opposition. The case suggested in your post is no different. Race warfare, a newly invigorated state of cultural and social being resurrected by the Democratic Party, is the new Marxist vision of class warfare and the American left owns it. The Democrats have yet to understand President Trump's personal nature or strategic thought processes. He is a reactionary, to be sure, however he reacts only to certain opposition actions and tends to carry around a mental list of expected gaffs the Democrats are most likely to make so he has ample time to consider those public reactions.

The man is brilliant. One could make an excellent argument for President Trump being single handedly responsible for the late stage radicalization of the Democratic Party within the short span of three years, solely for the purpose of pushing it to the brink of highly volatile insanity. Genius. You want to know where the Democrat religion of racism originates and why it has ramped to the boiling point just before 2020? Not because Trump is a racist. He doesn't even see race or skin tone, his advisors claim. But exactly because that is how he has coerced the Democrats into reacting to him. Of course, the Democrats had many other options to choose from than melting down over imaginary systemic racial injustices. Their reaction only highlights the inherent corruption and anti-Americanism already present in the Democratic Party for all Americans to witness on national television. Well played Mr. President, well played!
I don’t understand how you can consider trumps tactics genius or well played. Why would you want the country so divided and full of hate? Trump trolls and provokes the extremists and the wing nuts end up sucking all the oxygen as they bicker lie and fight in petty attempts to define the other as evil. How in the world do you see that as a good thing?

I don’t understand how you can consider trumps tactics genius or well played. Why would you want the country so divided and full of hate? Trump trolls and provokes the extremists and the wing nuts end up sucking all the oxygen as they bicker lie and fight in petty attempts to define the other as evil. How in the world do you see that as a good thing?
Think you're making too much sense for them

/——-/ Except when Cory Booker called Baltimore a shythole. The democRATs were cool with it.

/——-/ Except when Cory Booker called Baltimore a shythole. The democRATs were cool with it.
Nice whataboutism. Thanks

/—-/ You’re welcome, you hypocrite.

/—-/ You’re welcome, you hypocrite.
Why am I a hypocrite?

“Occupying their lands and stealing their recourses”...you mean like Mexico is doing here right now?
Is Mexico the one that invaded and destabilized dozens of countries? Or is Mexico the one that have army bases all over the world for a prize?
Mexicans are indigenous to southern states like Texas, Arizona, California, new Mexico....your white pale ass is not.

Is Mexico the one that invaded and destabilized dozens of countries? Or is Mexico the one that have army bases all over the world for a prize?
Mexicans are indigenous to southern states like Texas, Arizona, California, new Mexico....your white pale ass is not.
/—-/ Mexico is a third world country with the same natural resources as the US. The problem is it’s run by corrupt police, elected officials and drug cartels.

Weird that any filthy Raghead would want to come to the US and ride the coattails of those evil white people. Your thoughts?

If my pale white ass hadn’t build this nation do you think Ragheads and wetbacks would want to be here free loading? Are ragheads and wetbacks invading nations that are not white nations? Why not?
Do you believe the first person who owned your home will always have a right to your home?
(this is where you pretend you didn’t see this post)

Weird that any filthy Raghead would want to come to the US and ride the coattails of those evil white people. Your thoughts?
Which whites ? All I see is humans around me. You on the other hand have an issue living in california and you didnt wanna bounce yet.

If my pale white ass hadn’t build this nation do you think Ragheads and wetbacks would want to be here free loading? Are ragheads and wetbacks invading nations that are not white nations? Why not?
Do you believe the first person who owned your home will always have a right to your home?
(this is where you pretend you didn’t see this post)
You personally not capable of building shit but spreading racism online.

Forum List

Back