Dems got the Trump Racism thing all wrong

Because it’s true. You are being a douchebag and going after devistated people in a very pointed and ugly way while generalizing and stereotyping. So yes, you should absolutely be ashamed of yourself if you had any sort of self awareness.
What does hurricane devastation from 10 years ago have to do with their intelligence? Were they smarter before that or something?
Haiti is a shithole country. So are most african countries.
Thats the way it is. Me not saying it wouldnt change anything. And neither does the weather :rolleyes:
Ok man, keep telling yourself yourself whatever you need to feel better. You’re still a complete douche and that’s something you have to live with
Im an ass. I wont argue. But they are still a shithole. 10 year old weather disasters that are completely irrelevant to the subject at hand definitely wouldnt change my mind.
IF you care so much, try to come up with a relevant argument.
That’s fine and an army vet with no legs is a slow ass runner but I’m not going to run around throwing it in his face or try to alienate him because of it. It’s your choice if you want to be an ass. If calling it truth helps you sleep at night then that’s fine but you aren’t fooling anybody.
LOL
I think thats a bit different. You are arguing one of the most ridiculous arguments i have ever heard of. Were they smarter before the hurricane?
NO?
Then wth are you talking about?
Nothing...
You can call me an asshole, thats fine. But dont act like there is a reason other than your emotion about weather from 10 years ago.
I’m not talking about intelligence. I don’t clump people into a group and say that group is smart or not... talk about a ridiculous argument. Each person is uniquely intelligent so it depends on the person. So what the hell are you talking about?

So why don't they make Africa a better place by staying there?

Why didn't your ancestors stay where they came from?
My forefathers were educated and skilled workers. When they came to America they contributed at day one. Actually, my ancestors are irrelevant to this discussion. If you feel like you have to make this personal, then you obviously don't have any arrows in your quiver.

So you set a different standard for immigrants today :dunno:

Mine were dirt poor farmers out of Norway. In fact quite a few immigrants were dirt poor farmers and other types. They made our country great.

I'm sure your ancestors were good people. Most that came to this Country were. But in the age of terrorism the rules have changed. We need to protect our borders and properly vet everyone who comes here. That just seems prudent to me.

Second....America is a welfare state now. It was not when your family and my family came here. If our families didn't work as soon as they got off the boat they starved.

Today folks are entitled to benefits immediately whether they are here legally or not. Coyote...they are liabilities...not assets...until or if they are working and making good money. So I do not want unskilled people to drain away the assets of this Country to come here. Those assets should be for American citizens.

That is not racist...that is prudent. I have no obligation to someone from Mexico, Nigeria, or Sweden. They need to take care of their own people. If you want to come to this Country do so legally, accept our democratic values, have skills and be willing to work. Seems fair to me....how about to you?

The problem is...we WANT unskilled people too. We want people to herd sheep, alone, for years in the isolated regions of Montana or Idaho...we want people to do the back breaking work of picking produce and milking cows. We want people do do this stuff because we can't even get our own people to do it. My friend can't even hire a reliable kid to do simple farm chores anymore.

And yes, I agree - up to a point. I value diversity in immigration, and they should come in legally.

Why can't we get our people to do those jobs, we've done them for hundreds of years? Could it be that you regressives have been telling people there's no honor in hard work and Americans are above that kind of honest labor? My wife worked in a dairy while in high school, milked twice a day. Maybe it's time we show the people who are government dependent how these jobs aren't beneath them, if they are physically able and leave the no/low skilled immigrants at home.

Why didn't your ancestors stay where they came from?
My forefathers were educated and skilled workers. When they came to America they contributed at day one. Actually, my ancestors are irrelevant to this discussion. If you feel like you have to make this personal, then you obviously don't have any arrows in your quiver.

Mine were dirt poor farmers out of Norway. In fact quite a few immigrants were dirt poor farmers and other types. They made our country great.

I'm sure your ancestors were good people. Most that came to this Country were. But in the age of terrorism the rules have changed. We need to protect our borders and properly vet everyone who comes here. That just seems prudent to me.

Second....America is a welfare state now. It was not when your family and my family came here. If our families didn't work as soon as they got off the boat they starved.

Today folks are entitled to benefits immediately whether they are here legally or not. Coyote...they are liabilities...not assets...until or if they are working and making good money. So I do not want unskilled people to drain away the assets of this Country to come here. Those assets should be for American citizens.

That is not racist...that is prudent. I have no obligation to someone from Mexico, Nigeria, or Sweden. They need to take care of their own people. If you want to come to this Country do so legally, accept our democratic values, have skills and be willing to work. Seems fair to me....how about to you?

The problem is...we WANT unskilled people too. We want people to herd sheep, alone, for years in the isolated regions of Montana or Idaho...we want people to do the back breaking work of picking produce and milking cows. We want people do do this stuff because we can't even get our own people to do it. My friend can't even hire a reliable kid to do simple farm chores anymore.

And yes, I agree - up to a point. I value diversity in immigration, and they should come in legally.
So you want a slave class to do your dirty work? How about teaching our kids how to work like we used to. Um, no one milks cows these days, machines do that.

Even with machines it isn't work for the lazy. But I agree, it's time we teach that no job is beneath anyone.

So you want a slave class to do your dirty work? How about teaching our kids how to work like we used to. Um, no one milks cows these days, machines do that.

Even with machines it isn't work for the lazy. But I agree, it's time we teach that no job is beneath anyone.

How exactly would you do that?

For example if a kid could earn the same or more working in McDonalds than milking McDonad's cows...

All you're doing is proving is foreigners depress wages.
My only contribution to this is the same as yours: I buy fruits and vegetables. So spare me your highhanded nonsense.

And in no way does this show foreigners depress wages. The farmers would simply not enter the market, if not for the migrant workers. The workers and farmers don't determine the wages, the market competition in price for the product does. Way off the mark on that one, professor.

That brings us back to the point if a farmer wants to import cheap labor they can be financially responsible for them and can make sure they return home when the job is done.

For example if a kid could earn the same or more working in McDonalds than milking McDonad's cows...

There are more kids than McDonalds jobs. There are more adults than McDonalds jobs. In my book, if these folks want any form of social assistance they should have to work for it, if physically able. If welfare pays more than the job, then we deduct their wages and make up the difference, but they have to work.

There are more kids than McDonalds jobs. There are more adults than McDonalds jobs. In my book, if these folks want any form of social assistance they should have to work for it, if physically able. If welfare pays more than the job, then we deduct their wages and make up the difference, but they have to work.

A bit of digression here but a big problem with work and welfare is not an unwillingness to work but that the often they are single mothers with children to care for and child care is expensive.

I posted a thread the other day of all the racist things he’s said and done from the 1970’s - present.
Saying he’s not a racist is ignoring the evidence.
Too many whites are comfortable ignoring the evidence of racism.

It's how 45 got elected in the FIRST place.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Actually....that isn't entirely true. Puerto Rico has been steadily losing population due to economic troubles and the final blow, the hurricane, caused a huge number of people to pull up stakes and leave. After Katrina many people opted not to rebuild - they left. Ironically - many went to Texas where some were flooded out again in the recent floods. Detroit's economic bust has led to a population decline leaving entire neighborhoods full of empty abandoned houses. Most people did not stay and those that did are often those with no other options. It is also impossible to make relevant comparisons between American states and other countries. People here have options that make it easier to stay and rebuild that don't exist in many other parts of the world.

What I'm saying here, Coyote, is that these people did not abandon their homeland for another country. They stayed here in the United States. Never has the situation been so bad that people started leaving the US en masse for another country. You're correct when you say they have options here that don't exist in other parts of the world, but that's why they stay here. They seek to make this country a better place by rebuilding within its confines. See, this is what I think of when I hear the word "patriot" or "patriotism", having enough pride in one's own country to make it better not only for themself, but for others as well. Not abandoning it because of adversity.

But that is a huge difference...don't you realize? If the economy crapped out in Detroit - they can go to Georgia...if they got flooded out once to often in Houston, they can pick up stakes and go to Austin. And still remain in their own country. But where can the people of places like Mosel go? Or Sudan, where the entire country is being decimated by a horrible drought? It's not merely a matter of "adversity" it becomes a matter of survival. It's complex....

They can go to another Islamic Nation.

The Hypocrite Muslims are commanded by their Koran to Offer Sanctuary to their Devil Worshipping Brethren but never do.

Fake Religion

If allah is so great let him take care of them.

If allah is so great why does allah need you to blow yourself up and kill innocent people when you do?

If allah is so great why doesn’t allah give his people more fertile and prosperous lands?

Why are most of allah’s people starving and living in poverty and ignorance?

I couldn't care less what an immigrants religion is.

Which means you could care more?

I posted a thread the other day of all the racist things he’s said and done from the 1970’s - present.

BS, Lindsy Graham called them hellholes, not a peep about anything, much less racism.

Lets get real for a second. If you are partisan spinner on either side please leave now. Here's the deal. Trump made a stupid ignorant statement the other day when he said he didn't want people from Shithole countries coming here. His lackies are looking like fools trying to make excuses for him, trying to make this thing about a PC language issue or pretending that he was simply talking about the conditions of 3rd world countries, or spreading the idiotic narrative that he didn't even say it. Its embarrassing for them. On the flip side, the dems are over playing their hand by going after Trump as a Racist... Let me explain.

I understand the racist argument that the Left is making based on Trumps statements, but I believe that to be subjective and over played. The real issue from what i've seen has more to do with class. Trump doesn't want poor uneducated people coming into our Country. His statement was discriminatory, no question, so lets be accurate and call it that. I don't think Trump would have a problem with a bunch of Ben Carson's coming into our country, I don't think it is a race issue.

Trump wants merit based immigration where we give priority to people who have proven that they have something to contribute to society. People with achievements in education, work, or monetary means have proven merit under his standards and those who are poor or uneducated do not have the same merit. I don't agree with Trump, I believe in giving people opportunity and that nobody is better than the other just because they are born somewhere else or born with more means than another. I also believe that people from poor countries represent a perspective that those from rich countries don't have. They have a great sense of appreciation for opportunity and the American dream because they have gone through the struggle of not having it. That is a valuable perspective to have.

I understand given Trumps history that a link can be made to say that he may assume people of color to fit a certain stereotype unless they have proven otherwise and with that a case for Racism could be made. However, I'd like to see our political discussion less polarized and hyperbolized and more realistic based on the facts. Dems should stop with the hyperfocus on Racism and call this what it is, class based discrimination... Reps need to stop being spin doctor puppets... and Trump needs to grow the fuck up and start acting like a leader
It's not that I disagree, but I have a serious question. How do you objectively judge something without taking the past in consideration? The statement, when standing on itself could, and should be taken as discriminatory but not actually racist, but considering a lot of different incidents it fits something which makes the actual statement less a mistake and more a pattern. I also want to point out that objectivity never stopped Republicans to go after Hillary so calling for it rings a bit hollow.
I agree with you and history does play a role when analyzing the character of a person. This latest comment certainly reenforces the narrative that Trump is a racist for those who believe he is. I just don't think that needs to be the main heading spinning 24/7 from our news outlets. You are taking a smaller subjective point and making it the focus and it reenforces the Media bias narrative that is driving Trumps Fake News campaign. I think it is counter productive. As to your point about the Republicans doing it to Hillary, don't go there. The "whatabout" diversion is something that Trump does all the time to take the focus off the subject at hand. You don't like it when he does it so don't do it yourself. Do better.
Pointing out that POTUS is racist is not counterproductive at least from a political standpoint, it energizes Democrats to want to go out and vote. Not talking morals just purely political. I do want to know what your goal is? If you want people to start judging politicians on their merits, you are a bit naive. Don't get me wrong, it's commendable. But Real politics is as old as politics itself, and trying to fight fair when the other side has no interest in doing so, just sets you up to lose.

so pointing out that someone is a bigot has nothing to do with their merits? it's not like his "policies" don't reflect his bigotry.

Trump was right.

Haiti IS a $hithole.

Many African countries are ALSO $hitholes.

Trump is guilty of something far worse than using crude language in this context.

Namely, getting
caught saying it.

Diplomacy is the art of interacting with folks who live in $hitholes, without making them feel bad by publicly CALLING them $hitholes.

Say it all you like behind closed doors, Drumpf... most of us do.

But it's time you put on your Big Boy Pants and learned to keep you big yap shut when you're not in a Language Safe Zone.

Dolt.

A bit of digression here but a big problem with work and welfare is not an unwillingness to work but that the often they are single mothers with children to care for and child care is expensive.

So your remedy is to pay them for their irresponsibility? Welfare mothers can watch the children of others while they work. It's time to stop making excuses for people not working and incentivize them to get off their ass. I don't care if it's picking up trash on the side of the road or picking fruits and vegetables, they need to learn the value of work.

BS, Lindsy Graham called them hellholes, not a peep about anything, much less racism.

Lindsey Graham took Dick’s Durbin up his Hell Hole!

Anderson Cooper grew up in a mixed neighborhood.
tmp-cam--1423491076.jpg

his residence now
at 84 West 3rd Street in GV section of Manhattan, NY is exclusive, does anyone know the demographic ratio there?

Anderson Cooper grew up in a mixed neighborhood.
View attachment 171769
his residence now
at 84 West 3rd Street in GV section of Manhattan, NY is exclusive, does anyone know the demographic ratio there?
Who cares? What’s your point?
They have politicized a false report and weaponized it for propaganda.
So lets see if they pass their own sniff test(own standards);
Anderson Coopers neighborhood demographics
Andersoncooper.jpeg

Forum List

Back