Democrats: the more people know about government run healthcare, the less they like

Now the FOR PROFITS are the ones deciding we should die so they can max out their bonus'.

What a hoot! First of all, you can have choice. We'll have a public plan and you can continue paying 4 times more for what you want. I bet you will come over to the public plan. Or, it'll help lower your costs because right now its a monopoly.

This Ben Franklen quote is silly. You can't apply it here.

So if we break up the Healthcare monopoly, or if we take away the Federal Reserve from the rich bankers that own it, you think thats sacraficing freedom?

You righties are sooo stupid. Remember you kept saying we were in Iraq fighting for freedom? You guys overuse that word.

This is about fascism.

I like Will Rogers quote. "I don't belong to any organized political party. I'm a democrat":lol:

Um how the hell can you give government the power to provide health care with tax payers dollars and somehow claim you are breaking up a monopoly? You are the ones creating it!

You do not create freedom by giving up your power to government.

You are right about one thing. This is about fascism. This is about you and your friends in government seizing control of the industry. Which is why we are opposed to you.

the government can't do anything less expensively than the private sector why would health care be any different?

No?

You sure about that, are you?

Perhaps you should compare the admin costs of Medicare v the admin costs of private insurers.

They're in exactly the same business, but the Medicare, you will discover if you bother to look it up, is about 500% more efficient than the private companies.

That is about the most compelling argument that the single payer folks have for implementing that system, actually.

Perhaps you should read this excellent work done by someone that actually knows something about the subject, because your oversimplification and bogus "500% more efficient" number are complete and utter nonsense.

Medicare's Hidden Adminstrative Costs: A Comparison of Medicare and the Private Sector by Merrill Matthews, Ph.D. published 1/10/2006.

Happy Reading. :eusa_angel:

Ed Schultz made a great point yesterday. This issue shows just how out of touch Washington is with America. They can't relate to the problems we have because they have great healthcare.

no one is proposing having the government own hospitals, and turn doctors and nurses into government employees.

Its either dishonest, or just plain ignorant to suggest that liberals are proposing a VA type system. The VA provides a niche service to veterans, that Blue Cross wont. You think Blue Cross is going to insure a veteran with two legs missing and pre-existing health conditions? LOL

Liberals are proposing that every one have access to the same health care plan John McCain and Sarah Palin enjoy.

I've been waiting for like 12 months for one single Con, to post one single quote from McCain or Gingrich explaining why their government financed healthcare is horrible

Navy and Harry truly don't understand that their thinking is the culmination of 30 years of brainwashing. Reagan started with that bullshit line, "the worst words you can hear is, "hi I'm from the government and I'm here to help"

Its frustrating because it is so obvious that they're being misled and lied to. But you can't convince them.

And willow, well, she's just a retarded housewife who doesn't know shit.

You are here to help? you can't help the toilet paper find your asshole! who the fuck you gonna help!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now the FOR PROFITS are the ones deciding we should die so they can max out their bonus'.

What a hoot! First of all, you can have choice. We'll have a public plan and you can continue paying 4 times more for what you want. I bet you will come over to the public plan. Or, it'll help lower your costs because right now its a monopoly.

This Ben Franklen quote is silly. You can't apply it here.

So if we break up the Healthcare monopoly, or if we take away the Federal Reserve from the rich bankers that own it, you think thats sacraficing freedom?

You righties are sooo stupid. Remember you kept saying we were in Iraq fighting for freedom? You guys overuse that word.

This is about fascism.

I like Will Rogers quote. "I don't belong to any organized political party. I'm a democrat":lol:

Um how the hell can you give government the power to provide health care with tax payers dollars and somehow claim you are breaking up a monopoly? You are the ones creating it!

You do not create freedom by giving up your power to government.

You are right about one thing. This is about fascism. This is about you and your friends in government seizing control of the industry. Which is why we are opposed to you.

Because they won't be for profit.

And the gov won't provide healthcare.

Is medicare facist?

And you'll be able to stay with your private insurer. But without government, the insurance companies are all in collution with each other.

One of the biggest $ drains on our healthcare are poor people using emergency rooms. So give them healthcare if they want it, and charge them $10 a month. Charge you $30 a month and charge people who make a lot of money a little more.

In the end, our corporations are more competitive and profitable, we have more money in our pocket, etc.

no one is proposing having the government own hospitals, and turn doctors and nurses into government employees.

Its either dishonest, or just plain ignorant to suggest that liberals are proposing a VA type system. The VA provides a niche service to veterans, that Blue Cross wont. You think Blue Cross is going to insure a veteran with two legs missing and pre-existing health conditions? LOL

Liberals are proposing that every one have access to the same health care plan John McCain and Sarah Palin enjoy.

I've been waiting for like 12 months for one single Con, to post one single quote from McCain or Gingrich explaining why their government financed healthcare is horrible

Navy and Harry truly don't understand that their thinking is the culmination of 30 years of brainwashing. Reagan started with that bullshit line, "the worst words you can hear is, "hi I'm from the government and I'm here to help"

Its frustrating because it is so obvious that they're being misled and lied to. But you can't convince them.

And willow, well, she's just a retarded housewife who doesn't know shit.

You are here to help? you can't help the toilet paper find your asshole! who the fuck you gonna help!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You could toss my salad? :eusa_drool:

And why exactly is profit bad? Especially when its the biggest incentive to keep costs down. If you arent worried about making money then you dont give a damn how much people have to spend.

So we are getting government run healthcare using tax payer money that isnt provided by the government.... do you know how absolutely stupid that sounds?

Is medicare facist?

I suggest that you learn what fascism is. When the government takes over an industry we are seeing fascism. You obviously dont have any clue what fascism is.

And you'll be able to stay with your private insurer. But without government, the insurance companies are all in collution with each other.

Right, because every company wants people to do business with their competitors. Talk about stupid conspiracy theories.

One of the biggest $ drains on our healthcare are poor people using emergency rooms. So give them healthcare if they want it, and charge them $10 a month. Charge you $30 a month and charge people who make a lot of money a little more.

Here's an even better idea:

Government gets out of medicine

Poor people go to free clinics. Like they did for hundreds of years prior to government screwing everything up.

In the end, our corporations are more competitive and profitable, we have more money in our pocket, etc.

Let's be honest, you know about as much about business as Obama's new appointee over GM. You just hate rich people and think that somehow attacking them should make your life better.

Okay sealy let me see if I can explain to you one more time, You, Me, and everyone else in this country have NO RIGHTS under the constitution that provide us for healthcare. Those rights not in constitution are reserved for who? the people and the states!! So if healthcare is what you want so desperatly, then perhaps put it on your statewide ballot or an even better idea , buy it for yourself. As for it not benig welfare please read the following:

The Democratic bill is likely to include a requirement for people to carry health insurance, subsidies for those who cannot afford it, and a requirement for employers to contribute to the cost.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/05/us/politics/05health.html?ref=us

You do know what that is don't you? so the goal is to cover everyone and the so called 47 million people that don't have insurance . I say so called because no one seem to know who these 47 million people are. Are 20% of them simply people who don't want it. or is that number higher. are the 12 million or so illegal aliens included in this figure. so yes sealy it is a welfare program.

And why exactly is profit bad? Especially when its the biggest incentive to keep costs down. If you arent worried about making money then you dont give a damn how much people have to spend.

So we are getting government run healthcare using tax payer money that isnt provided by the government.... do you know how absolutely stupid that sounds?

I suggest that you learn what fascism is. When the government takes over an industry we are seeing fascism. You obviously dont have any clue what fascism is.

Right, because every company wants people to do business with their competitors. Talk about stupid conspiracy theories.

Here's an even better idea:

Government gets out of medicine

Poor people go to free clinics. Like they did for hundreds of years prior to government screwing everything up.

Let's be honest, you know about as much about business as Obama's new appointee over GM. You just hate rich people and think that somehow attacking them should make your life better.

You're wrong on every single fucking point. Punch yourself in the face idiot.

Fascism comprises a radical and authoritarian nationalist political ideology[1][2][3][4] and a corporatist economic ideology.

Pot meet kettle.

Okay sealy let me see if I can explain to you one more time, You, Me, and everyone else in this country have NO RIGHTS under the constitution that provide us for healthcare. Those rights not in constitution are reserved for who? the people and the states!! So if healthcare is what you want so desperatly, then perhaps put it on your statewide ballot or an even better idea , buy it for yourself. As for it not benig welfare please read the following:

The Democratic bill is likely to include a requirement for people to carry health insurance, subsidies for those who cannot afford it, and a requirement for employers to contribute to the cost.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/05/us/politics/05health.html?ref=us

You do know what that is don't you? so the goal is to cover everyone and the so called 47 million people that don't have insurance . I say so called because no one seem to know who these 47 million people are. Are 20% of them simply people who don't want it. or is that number higher. are the 12 million or so illegal aliens included in this figure. so yes sealy it is a welfare program.

Yea, they don't want it. :cuckoo:

So you want to do away with medicare then, huh? Or have your state run it? Fine with me. In America you are free and should have choices.

Red If you cannot see that I'm using the VA as an example for the way Govt. manages Govt. healthcare then I cannot help you. I would suggest however you take the time to read the Healthcare proposal and the fact that President Obama has proposed a Govt. based insurance program that will compete directly with private one's. So to help you make the connection here, as it seems to not sink in for those of you so willing to run to the Federal Govt. for all of your ills because of this entitlement mentality that seems so much a part of those that support idiotic legislation like this,here it is. When the Govt. which is the same one that regulates Free enterprise i.e. the insurance industry is in direct comepetition with it, how long do you think those private carriers will continue to carry or offer health insurance? the end result will be, a Govt run healthcare program. Where everything associated with the medical industry is decided in Washington DC. So tell me again who is brainwashed here? Seriously Red it would do you and others that believe as you do, to take your healthcare battles to your respective states and let the voters there decide if that is what they wish. That is the legal and correct way to approach this issue. Not to essentially hand over your freedoms to the Govt. willingly.

Gunny, It has to stop someplace if these young people don't get an education about the country in which they live soon and stop this notion that by being born here and sucking oxygen they have a right to just about everything under the sun. Soon all those Freedoms that everyone talks about will be a distant memory and every single decision they want or DONT want will be made for them.

Fascism comprises a radical and authoritarian nationalist political ideology[1][2][3][4] and a corporatist economic ideology.

Pot meet kettle.

Let's see:

This administration is both radical and authoritarian.

And they are seizing control of industries and mandating that they follow what they want.

If it looks fascist it probably is.

sealy, I honestly think states should run medicare for their respective seniors and disabled. It's my humble opinion they would most likely do a much better job locally than the Fed. ever could.

Pot meet kettle.

Avatar was correct government control of private enterprise is inherently fascist (Federal Government take over of General Motors anyone?), the nationalist and radical portions are completely optional.

Gunny, It has to stop someplace if these young people don't get an education about the country in which they live soon and stop this notion that by being born here and sucking oxygen they have a right to just about everything under the sun. Soon all those Freedoms that everyone talks about will be a distant memory and every single decision they want or DONT want will be made for them.

parasites who are retarded and are unable to care for themselves.. they have to be fed and watered cradle to grave,, not men meece.

Pot meet kettle.

Avatar was correct government control of private enterprise is inherently fascist (Federal Government take over of General Motors anyone?), the nationalist and radical portions are completely optional.

Do you understand what led the government to taking over GM?

Do you think Obama wants to run a car company?

The bankers owning this country is fascism. CORPORATE IDEOLOGY. And the authoritarian nationalistic part is how the GOP used 9-11 to push their radical agenda on us.

Banal nationalism refers to the everyday representations of the nation which build an imagined sense of national solidarity and belonging amongst humans. The term is derived from Michael Billig's 1995 book of the same name. Today the term is used primarily in academic discussion of identity formation and geopolitics.

Examples of banal nationalism include the use of flags in everyday contexts, sporting events, national songs, symbols on money, popular expressions and turns of phrase, patriotic clubs, the use of implied togetherness in the national press, for example, the use of terms such as the prime minister, the weather, our team, and divisions into "domestic" and "international" news, etc... Many of these symbols are most effective because of their constant repetition, and almost subliminal nature.

Are you wearing your LAPEL PIN? :lol:

parasites who are retarded and are unable to care for themselves.. they have to be fed and watered cradle to grave,, not men meece.

You sit at home all day on your fat ass and your hubby takes care of you. Fucking joke.

sealy, I honestly think states should run medicare for their respective seniors and disabled. It's my humble opinion they would most likely do a much better job locally than the Fed. ever could.

What's the stimulus for then? Seems to me a lot of states are broke. So the Fed Gov has to handle this problem.

Is it a problem you know. Maybe not for you. But for millions it is.

You sit at home all day on your fat ass and your hubby takes care of you. Fucking joke.

yes,, my husband,, not the taxpayer.. like you..sitting on your fat ass cheating your boss outta yer wages and screaming somebody owes you something.. parasite

Forum List

Back