Democrats snub Fox News, but debate at a event held by DailyKos.

what does that have to do with my comments in post #12?

respond to the rasmussen article that shows that america continues to trust my party on nearly every single key issue facing us.

and for the last 150 years, presidential candidates have moved left and right during primaries to shore up their base and then move to the center during the general election campaign. this cycle will be no different.

who do you think the far left will vote for if not a democrat, regardless of how far back to the center the candidate moves after getting the nomination?

Do you think they will stay home and risk another pro-war republican and another four years of republicans nominating judges?

On the other hand, the religious right may very well stay home if their only choices are pro-choice, pro-gay rights new yorkers!

I heard the same thing in 04

Dems are overplaying their hand with their arrogance and self centered attitude

I heard the same thing in 04

Dems are overplaying their hand with their arrogance and self centered attitude

'04 was in the middle of a war that the public still supported. that has changed.

dems are running exactly the same kind of campaign that republicans are.

the difference is, as I noted.... the far left will NOT stay home. They know how important it is to get a democrat in the white house. the religious right will not have a candidate in the race:

pro-choice pro-gay rights new york moderate versus pro-choice, pro-gay rights new york moderate.

'04 was in the middle of a war that the public still supported. that has changed.

dems are running exactly the same kind of campaign that republicans are.

the difference is, as I noted.... the far left will NOT stay home. They know how important it is to get a democrat in the white house. the religious right will not have a candidate in the race:

pro-choice pro-gay rights new york moderate versus pro-choice, pro-gay rights new york moderate.

Dems turned out in high numbers in 04 and they lost

If you put up Hillary - she will turn out alot of Reopublicnas to vote against her

Rudy will beat her in a national election - then you and your side can whine about another stolen election

Dems turned out in high numbers in 04 and they lost

If you put up Hillary - she will turn out alot of Reopublicnas to vote against her

Rudy will beat her in a national election - then you and your side can whine about another stolen election

70% of America did not see Iraq as a terrible mistake in '04.

and again.... religious right republicans can't squeeze their noses tight enough to ignore the stench of voting for a moderate, pro-choice, pro-gay rights, philandering, crossdressing new yorker. I don't care WHO the democrats nominate. lot's of them stay home. guaranteed.

70% of America did not see Iraq as a terrible mistake in '04.

and again.... religious right republicans can't squeeze their noses tight enough to ignore the stench of voting for a moderate, pro-choice, pro-gay rights, philandering, crossdressing new yorker. I don't care WHO the democrats nominate. lot's of them stay home. guaranteed.

In a New York Times/CBS News poll conducted over the weekend, 42 percent of Americans said taking military action in Iraq was the right thing to do, while 51 percent said the United States should have stayed out of Iraq.

Support had been at all time low in May, when only 35 percent of Americans said the United States’ involvement in Iraq was the right thing and 61 percent said the United States should have stayed out.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/07/23/poll-american-support-for-war-inches-up/

As far as my support for Rudy

Rudy believes in getting tough on terrorists. Terrorism is something that is aconstant threat . Dems have advocated for a more appeasemsnt foreign policy. Such a policy will NOT stop terrorism. The terrorists have always, and will continue to, hate us for a number of reasons. Therefore, we have to stay on the offense. Rudy will increase defense spending and then strategically wage the War on Terror to ensure America is safe at home.

Rudy believes in Reaganomics, and will use this policy to keep the economy going. He has promised tax cuts and a decrease in federal spending. He did in the NYC he can do it in DC

your support for rudy, the pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-gun control new york moderate while claiming to be a hardcore conservative while simultaneously throwing real hardcore conservatives under the bus is inexcusable.

and trust me: most of the religious right, while, in my mind, misguided, is certainly more principled than GOP whores like you. You might forget all about hardcore conservatism to vote for the "popular" guy, but I guarantee, that real hardcore christian conservatives will not.

your support for rudy, the pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-gun control new york moderate while claiming to be a hardcore conservative while simultaneously throwing real hardcore conservatives under the bus is inexcusable.

and trust me: most of the religious right, while, in my mind, misguided, is certainly more principled than GOP whores like you. You might forget all about hardcore conservatism to vote for the "popular" guy, but I guarantee, that real hardcore christian conservatives will not.

Trust you? LOL

Poll: Republicans Like Giuliani's Electability

By Dan Balz and Jon Cohen
Washington Post Staff Writers
Wednesday, July 25, 2007; Page A04

With many Republicans increasingly pessimistic about holding on to the White House in 2008, electability has become former New York mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani's most appealing attribute.

A new Washington Post-ABC News poll of the GOP field shows Giuliani with a sizable lead over his three principal rivals. The former mayor was the choice of 37 percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents, well ahead of Sen. John McCain (Ariz.) and former senator Fred D. Thompson (Tenn.). McCain and Thompson, who has not officially declared his candidacy, are virtually tied at 16 and 15 percent, respectively. Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney came in fourth, with 8 percent.

Giuliani's front-runner status is fueled by a broad-based perception that he is the most electable GOP candidate.

Nearly half of the Republicans polled said that Giuliani represents their party's best chance to win in November 2008; that is three or four times as high as the percentage who mentioned other candidates. Democrats and independents also said Giuliani would represent the Republicans' best shot at holding on to the White House.

But he has to get the nomination first.

Support for Giuliani is not deep -- only a third of his supporters said they are strongly behind his candidacy. That stands in contrast to the top two Democrats in the race for their party's nomination. Nearly seven in 10 of those who support Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (N.Y.) said they strongly back her run, as did 56 percent of those who support Sen. Barack Obama (Ill.).

And some Republican strategists argue that Giuliani would be a poor fit to lead a party in which social and religious conservatives hold considerable sway over policy and candidate selection.

About a third in the poll said they regard Giuliani's views on social issues as too liberal -- including 42 percent of conservatives and 51 percent of white evangelicals. Overall, 54 percent said Giuliani's views on issues are "about right."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/24/AR2007072402260.html

"About a third in the poll said they regard Giuliani's views on social issues as too liberal -- including 42 percent of conservatives and 51 percent of white evangelicals."

and they will stay home

"About a third in the poll said they regard Giuliani's views on social issues as too liberal -- including 42 percent of conservatives and 51 percent of white evangelicals."

and they will stay home

You hope

It is the only chance you have to win with a Northeastern liberal like Hillary

Those white evangelicals will not let Hillary have the WH without a fight

You hope

It is the only chance you have to win with a Northeastern liberal like Hillary

Those white evangelicals will not let Hillary have the WH without a fight

that is your opinion.

I personally think that if their choice is a pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-gun control new yorker versus a a pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-gun control new yorker, lots of them will stay home.

that is your opinion.

I personally think that if their choice is a pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-gun control new yorker versus a a pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-gun control new yorker, lots of them will stay home.

Ok that covers Hillary - I thought we were talking about Rudy

In case you "overlooked it"

He is against partial birth and says the states to decide the issue

Rudy has said "marriage is between one man and one woman. Domestic partnerships are the appropriate way to ensure that people are treated fairly"

I have no problem with that. Libs want them married

Gun control - he was enforcing the laws on the books in NYC. He has said he will not impose his own personla views on the country (as you libs want to do)

Again, no problem with me on that one

http://www.alphecca.com/mt_alphecca_archives/003150.html

In 1993, Giuliani met with then-President Clinton to discuss national gun registration and supported the Brady bill, which had recently passed, but Rudy argued that it didn’t go far enough. Clinton, largely crediting Giuliani for the idea, enthusiastically sent Atty. Gen. Janet Reno off to develop a gun-licensing and registration system.

In May 1994, as the battle over the ban on certain semi-automatic firearms reached its height, Giuliani threw his support behind the ban. On the eve of the final vote, he noted that so-called assault weapons “have no legitimate purpose.” When the ban passed, Giuliani commented that “this is an important step toward curtailing the indiscriminate proliferation of guns across the nation.”

When a lunatic attacked innocent civilians at the Empire State Building in 1997, Giuliani used the tragedy to again push for gun control beyond his city’s limits: “We need a federal law that bans all assault weapons, and if in fact you do need a handgun, you should be subjected to at least the same restrictions—and really stronger ones—that exist for driving an automobile. ... Congress needs to pass uniform licensing for everyone carrying a gun.”

When Rudy did focus on city gun laws, which already were among the most stringent in the country, his effort was only to further disarm the law-abiding.

In 1998, Giuliani pushed a proposal that would require gun owners to use “trigger locks” on all firearms, thus rendering the guns useless in the event of an emergency. Such a law would be enforced, he said, through “criminal penalties and the revocation of gun permits.”

If Giuliani had a federalist conversion, it did not occur in his first six years as mayor, for in 2000, he again took his gun-control show on the road.

In becoming the first GOP mayor to launch a city lawsuit against gun makers, Giuliani complained that “less restrictive gun laws in other parts of the country” exacerbated the crime problem in New York City.

so that is what you base your talking point he wants to take your guns away?

He will not try and force more gun laws on the rest of the country

Pity how you can't talk about the acciomplishments of Hillary and Odama (granted it will not take long to list them) but you have to try and spin how Rudy is a Northeastern liberal

Forum List

Back