Democrats new approach to national debt.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Quantum Windbag, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
  2. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,076
    Alan Grayson (D-FL) responded by saying Republicans want the debt to die -- quickly

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    Assholes like this, and Grayson, and Baron Hill in IN need to be shown the door.
    Where do they get these people anyway??:cuckoo:

4. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    Hey pea brain, what is the context of Hare's remarks? I know pea brains don't really care because some right wing hack purposely left that context out & cut up the video just to get pea brains like you incensed.

We can't spend money on a jobs bill that will help local communities create and save a million public and private jobs...

Who the fuck needs policeman, fireman, teachers, child care workers, or why do we need to invest in on-the-job private-sector training positions.

Let them all go on the public dole and suck the tit of government!

Mere parsimony (frugality, stinginess) is not economy. Expense, and great expense, may be an essential part in true economy.
    Edmund Burke

5. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    Hey dumbshit. Give up the "police, fire, and teachers" talking point because it is BULLSHIT. The stimulus went for transfer payments and for bulking up the bureaucracy, like this mess:
    Social Security Administration Spent $30 Million in Stimulus Money To Hire 585 New Bureaucrats to Certify New Disability Recipients Who Can Be Paid Not to Work | CNSnews.com

6. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,978
    This post is as disingenuous as any of rdean's posts. Offering quotes out of context to make a "Look how stupid Democrats are" post?

"Democrats" didn't say that - a single Democrat did.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    Hare was defending THIS...

Congress and Mayors Announce New Jobs Plan | Press Releases | Committee on Education and Labor

NCW 08-02-10 | Report Shows Significant Cuts to Local Government Jobs, Services

8. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,544
    Why does the Federal government need to be paying for policemen, firemen, teachers, and child care workers? Shouldn't local communities be paying for their own policemen, firemen, teachers, and child care workers? Actually, why are taxpayers financing child care workers at all?

9. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    Hey Rabbit brain...did you even READ the article you pasted?

Nick Millanek, an OIG audit manager, said retiring baby boomers, the downturn of the economy, and retiring ODAR employees explain the need for the hiring increase.

“The economy went really bad, and so people who were working with disabilities figured that ‘You know, I’m getting laid off, so I’m going to file for disability. And so Social Security had this huge surge in claims from people who were working that got laid off and now they’re claiming they can’t go back to work even if they wanted to because they’re disabled,” he said.

Millanek also said that due to years of low funding, many offices were understaffed. Hence, claims kept “backing up and backing up,” resulting in a substantial pending workload.

SSA anticipates a deluge of claims due to the economy, Millanek said.

“They’re also estimating, with the downturn of the economy, how many more claims they’re going to receive this year and next year,” he said.

10. uptownlivin90

uptownlivin90 Rebelious Youngin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    I wish I could just buy, buy, buy, and get into debt and say... fuck it, this is just a myth when the bills come in at the end of the month.

If I could I guess I'd be a rich bastard member of the Senate. Since I can't... I'd be a drug addict living in a box if I tried it.

It's a great lesson for America's kids from the democrats though: debt is a figment of your imagination.