Democrat Expertise

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I saw a recent TV ad about the situation of landlords under Democrat rent control, and it makes a powerful point about the folks we put in control of economic policy.

1.What happens when voters choose based on personality or party, rather than policy?

"George McGovern On Why Politicians Who Haven't Built A Business Are Bad At Regulating

In 1988, I invested most of the earnings from this lecture circuit acquiring the leasehold on Connecticutā€™s Stratford Inn.

In retrospect, I wish I had known more about the hazards and difficulties of such a business, ...I also wish that during the years I was in public office, I had had this firsthand experience about the difficulties business people face every day. That knowledge would have made me a better U.S. senator and a more understanding presidential contender." George McGovern On Why Politicians Who Haven't Built A Business Are Bad At Regulating

A Liberal Democrat who learned the lesson many Democrat voters have yet to incorporate (pun intended).

2.Whoā€™s on first? First to be Democrat nominee.....

ā€œJoe Biden: ā€˜Iā€™ve Never Been Gainfully Employed In My Lifeā€™

ā€¦admits to a crowd that heā€™s never held a private sector.ā€ Joe Biden: ā€˜Iā€™ve Never Been Gainfully Employed In My Lifeā€™ | Breitbart

Another great choice to run the economy.

3. Perhaps voters should judge by results:

ā€œJob growth surges by 312,000 in Decemberā€ Job growth surges by 312,000 in December

"Unemployment hits 49-year low as US employers step up hiring"
Unemployment hits 49-year low as US employers step up hiring

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trumpā€™s job performance. "
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen ReportsĀ®

"Hispanic Unemployment Rate Sets New Record Low in April"
Hispanic Unemployment Rate Sets New Record Low in April

"Unemployment Rate for Women Falls to Lowest Since 1953"

Unemployment Rate for Women Falls to Lowest Since 1953 | Breitbart

"Lowest unemployment in 19 years for workers without bachelor's degrees in April"

Lowest unemployment in 19 years for workers without bachelor's degrees in April

How about entrepreneurs having to earn a living under Democrat policies?

Coming right upā€¦.

I saw a recent TV ad about the situation of landlords under Democrat rent control, and it makes a powerful point about the folks we put in control of economic policy.

1.What happens when voters choose based on personality or party, rather than policy?

"George McGovern On Why Politicians Who Haven't Built A Business Are Bad At Regulating

In 1988, I invested most of the earnings from this lecture circuit acquiring the leasehold on Connecticutā€™s Stratford Inn.

In retrospect, I wish I had known more about the hazards and difficulties of such a business, ...I also wish that during the years I was in public office, I had had this firsthand experience about the difficulties business people face every day. That knowledge would have made me a better U.S. senator and a more understanding presidential contender." George McGovern On Why Politicians Who Haven't Built A Business Are Bad At Regulating

A Liberal Democrat who learned the lesson many Democrat voters have yet to incorporate (pun intended).

ā€¦admits to a crowd that heā€™s never held a private sector.ā€ Joe Biden: ā€˜Iā€™ve Never Been Gainfully Employed In My Lifeā€™ | Breitbart

ā€œJob growth surges by 312,000 in Decemberā€ Job growth surges by 312,000 in December

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trumpā€™s job performance. "

"Lowest unemployment in 19 years for workers without bachelor's degrees in April"

Coming right upā€¦.
Isn't Democrat expertise an oxymoron?

I had problems in economic downturn but the rest of the time it was okay...How about you, how long did you work in the industry putting people to work and building things like homes, churches, strip malls and highway patrol headquarters?
I'd say never yet she is going to tell us about living under periods of democratic leadership and republican leadership. "It's the economy stupid", it's not the president.
Your only motive is to divide the nation further through partisan propaganda that is half blind and can only tell half the story..
You are a blatant liar and always have been.

The economy did the same in the 1990's is that because of Trump also?
No, Clinton did a good job-its the approach-not the party.
Try my "way back machine" and see how Newt's "contract" got the GOP the House in 1994, and the GOP policies helped spur the economy from there. My point is that the 90's economy was mostly Newt's "contract", with Bill Clinton smart enough to agree. Trump's version is "Promises Kept"
https://www.history.com/news/midter...can-revolution-gingrich-contract-with-america

Coming right upā€¦.

Policy:
Running up the debt
Fucking over farmers in a stupid trade war
Sacrificing border security in a chase for a 40' concrete wall
Allowing for dirtier air & water
Allowing for more dangerous workplaces
Ignoring Climate Change our biggest long term problem
Lying to the American people
Hiring the most corrupt, inept people to run our government.
Pulling out the Iran nuclear agreement giving Iran the green light to pursue nukes
Pulling out of a massive trade deal in the Pacific Rim only to be replaced by China
With hold money to help Americans recover from natural disasters
Promise not to golf & then run up a 100 million tab for golfing
Refusing to do his job unless Congress quits investigating him
Never ending childish name calling
Being a bigot & racist.
Supporting white nationalism
Nepotism run wild.
Taking credit for accomplishments that are not his.
Trashing the US Constitution.
Making a mess at our Southern Border

AND being an overall asshole, fraud, business cheat, women abuser, adulterer, and liar.

Coming right upā€¦.

Policy:
Running up the debt
Pulling out the Iran nuclear agreement giving Iran the green light to pursue nukes
Pulling out of a massive trade deal in the Pacific Rim only to be replaced by China
Being a bigot & racist.
Nepotism run wild.

AND being an overall asshole, fraud, business cheat, women abuser, adulterer, and liar.

Leave out the vulgarity and I'll consider responding.

Try posting like an adult, RealDumb.

Coming right upā€¦.
I think the correct choice is someone who has a varied background or who is at least willing to admit what they don't know. Biden admitted he didn't have business experience, I can't imagine our current President admitting he isn't an expert in EVERY field (e.g., he claimed he knew more about the military than the generals did).

The ideal Presidential candidate is someone who has business, political, military, and international experience. A rare combination.

Rent control pretty much always does the exact opposite thing that it is supposed to achieve. Expanding public housing is the only way to do what they want to achieve.

Coming right upā€¦.

Policy:
Running up the debt
Being a bigot & racist.
Nepotism run wild.

Leave out the vulgarity and I'll consider responding.

Try posting like an adult, RealDumb.

Your orange hero uses vulgarity & you love him so fuck off. Find another excuse to cover up your lack of ability to debunk anything I posted./

The economy did the same in the 1990's is that because of Trump also?
No, Clinton did a good job-its the approach-not the party.

This was the very first item in the OP:

What happens when voters choose based on personality or party, rather than policy?

The problem is that that is all Democrats see, and vote for....persons.

"The mob characteristic most gustily exhibited by liberals is the tendency to worship and idolize their political leaders. Le Bon explained that mobs can only grasp the ā€œvery simple and very exaggerated.ā€ Their chosen images must be absolute and uncompromisingā€¦ As Le Bon says, the ā€œprimitiveā€ black-and-white emotions of a crowd slip easily into ā€œinfatuation for an individual.ā€ Liberals worship so many political deities that they must refer to them by initials, just to save time- FDR, JFK, RFK, MLK, LBJ, and O.J. Ever hear a conservative get weepy about ā€œRWRā€ or refer to something as hokey as ā€œCamelotā€? Passionate adoration are the primitive emotions of a mob, sentiments generally associated with women, children, and savages, according to Le Bon. "
Coulter

Remember the last candidate they ran, and called him God, Jesus and the messiah?

No policy there.

Coming right upā€¦.

Policy:
Running up the debt Not as bad as BO
Fucking over farmers in a stupid trade war Made farmers whole
Sacrificing border security in a chase for a 40' concrete wall Never was a 40' concrete wall, has better security than BO, just ask Jeh
Allowing for dirtier air & water Bullshit
Allowing for more dangerous workplaces Bullshit
Ignoring Climate Change our biggest long term problem 12-years and counting down, you ready to meet Jesus?
Lying to the American people All pols lie
Hiring the most corrupt, inept people to run our government. Got anyone with cash in the freezer?
Pulling out the Iran nuclear agreement giving Iran the green light to pursue nukes Like a 10-year delay was a good deal. No nukes, period.
Pulling out of a massive trade deal in the Pacific Rim only to be replaced by China Free and fair trade deals are a must
With hold money to help Americans recover from natural disasters No one is starving are they? PR is better today than before the cane hit
Promise not to golf & then run up a 100 million tab for golfing BO golfed too
Refusing to do his job unless Congress quits investigating him Mueller did the investigation, the dems want to spoil Trump's 4-year term with more bullshit accusations
Never ending childish name calling They fit.
Being a bigot & racist. Bullshit, Trump had a black girlfriend
Supporting white nationalism Bullshit
Nepotism run wild. ??? Did I miss Eric & Don Jr appointments? Remember JFK appointing Bobby AG?
Taking credit for accomplishments that are not his. Bullshit, see "promises kept"
Trashing the US Constitution. The dems will get hammered for using intel agencies and the deep state to control election outcomes
Making a mess at our Southern Border The dems want open borders and Trump is stopping illegals
AND being an overall asshole, fraud, business cheat, women abuser, adulterer, and liar. you missed billionaire, TV personality, and president
Policy:
Sacrificing border security in a chase for a 40' concrete wall Never was a 40' concrete wall, has better security than BO, just ask Jeh
Ignoring Climate Change our biggest long term problem 12-years and counting down, you ready to meet Jesus?
Hiring the most corrupt, inept people to run our government. Got anyone with cash in the freezer?
Pulling out the Iran nuclear agreement giving Iran the green light to pursue nukes Like a 10-year delay was a good deal. No nukes, period.
Pulling out of a massive trade deal in the Pacific Rim only to be replaced by China Free and fair trade deals are a must
With hold money to help Americans recover from natural disasters No one is starving are they? PR is better today than before the cane hit
Refusing to do his job unless Congress quits investigating him Mueller did the investigation, the dems want to spoil Trump's 4-year term with more bullshit accusations
Nepotism run wild. ??? Did I miss Eric & Don Jr appointments? Remember JFK appointing Bobby AG?
Taking credit for accomplishments that are not his. Bullshit, see "promises kept"
Trashing the US Constitution. The dems will get hammered for using intel agencies and the deep state to control election outcomes
Making a mess at our Southern Border The dems want open borders and Trump is stopping illegals
AND being an overall asshole, fraud, business cheat, women abuser, adulterer, and liar. you missed billionaire, TV personality, and president
[/QUOTE]

Coming right upā€¦.

Policy:

That post you obliterated falls under Rule #1 and #2

Rule #1
Every argument from Democrats and Liberals is a misrepresentation, a fabrication, or a bald-faced lie.

Rule #2
To know what the Left is guilty of, just watch what they blame the other side of doing.

Coming right upā€¦.

Policy:

Rule #1
Every argument from Democrats and Liberals is a misrepresentation, a fabrication, or a bald-faced lie.

Rule #2
To know what the Left is guilty of, just watch what they blame the other side of doing.

Agree. Just look at who actually paid for the Steele Dossier and who actually colluded with the Russians, and who they accused of colluding.

4. The commercial about rent control mentioned in the OP was about property owners who are being strangled by the increases in regulations and taxes in NYC, and, I bet, in every Democrat precinct.

You can see several of them here: Taxpayers for an Affordable NY - Responsible Rent Reform

This is one of them:

This elderly property owner is fighting to keep her head above water.

She explains why:

ā€œI observed that government has created a hostile environment which tenant against landlord.ā€

ā€œā€¦no cap on property taxā€¦.water and sewage chargeā€¦but they cap our income.ā€

Every voter should re-read what George McGovern stated in the OP.

Coming right upā€¦.

Policy:
Running up the debt
Being a bigot & racist.
Nepotism run wild.

Most of your list is ranting-there is one important line-childish name calling. Rational people have told me they support Trump but- the name calling reminds them of bullying which they won't tolerate. The people who voted for him last time won't this time for that reason.

Coming right upā€¦.

Policy:

Rule #1

Rule #2

Agree. Just look at who actually paid for the Steele Dossier and who actually colluded with the Russians, and who they accused of colluding.
Hiring an opposition research firm is NOT colluding.

Helping a foreign government interfere in our elections is.

The problem is that that is all Democrats see, and vote for....persons.
Whoever said this is right except it is not a Democrat problem, it is an America problem. We are generally lazy and apathetic when it comes to politics. How many people even bother to vote? We don't listen to the news so we don't know the issues. We liked Dubya because we could have a beer with him. We liked Obama because he promised us hope and change. We like Trump because he is talks tough even though his policies are not nearly as popular as he is.

We don't get the gov't we want because we get the gov't we deserve.

Forum List

Back