Democrat Expertise

The problem is that that is all Democrats see, and vote for....persons.
Whoever said this is right except it is not a Democrat problem, it is an America problem. We are generally lazy and apathetic when it comes to politics. How many people even bother to vote? We don't listen to the news so we don't know the issues. We liked Dubya because we could have a beer with him. We liked Obama because he promised us hope and change. We like Trump because he is talks tough even though his policies are not nearly as popular as he is.

We don't get the gov't we want because we get the gov't we deserve.

Who are you and what have you done with alang1216????

I saw a recent TV ad about the situation of landlords under Democrat rent control, and it makes a powerful point about the folks we put in control of economic policy.

1.What happens when voters choose based on personality or party, rather than policy?

"George McGovern On Why Politicians Who Haven't Built A Business Are Bad At Regulating

In 1988, I invested most of the earnings from this lecture circuit acquiring the leasehold on Connecticutā€™s Stratford Inn.

In retrospect, I wish I had known more about the hazards and difficulties of such a business, ...I also wish that during the years I was in public office, I had had this firsthand experience about the difficulties business people face every day. That knowledge would have made me a better U.S. senator and a more understanding presidential contender." George McGovern On Why Politicians Who Haven't Built A Business Are Bad At Regulating

A Liberal Democrat who learned the lesson many Democrat voters have yet to incorporate (pun intended).

2.Whoā€™s on first? First to be Democrat nominee.....

ā€œJoe Biden: ā€˜Iā€™ve Never Been Gainfully Employed In My Lifeā€™

ā€¦admits to a crowd that heā€™s never held a private sector.ā€ Joe Biden: ā€˜Iā€™ve Never Been Gainfully Employed In My Lifeā€™ | Breitbart

Another great choice to run the economy.

3. Perhaps voters should judge by results:

ā€œJob growth surges by 312,000 in Decemberā€ Job growth surges by 312,000 in December

"Unemployment hits 49-year low as US employers step up hiring"
Unemployment hits 49-year low as US employers step up hiring

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trumpā€™s job performance. "
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen ReportsĀ®

"Hispanic Unemployment Rate Sets New Record Low in April"
Hispanic Unemployment Rate Sets New Record Low in April

"Unemployment Rate for Women Falls to Lowest Since 1953"

Unemployment Rate for Women Falls to Lowest Since 1953 | Breitbart

"Lowest unemployment in 19 years for workers without bachelor's degrees in April"

Lowest unemployment in 19 years for workers without bachelor's degrees in April

How about entrepreneurs having to earn a living under Democrat policies?

Coming right upā€¦.

Policy:
Running up the debt
Fucking over farmers in a stupid trade war
Sacrificing border security in a chase for a 40' concrete wall
Allowing for dirtier air & water
Allowing for more dangerous workplaces
Ignoring Climate Change our biggest long term problem
Lying to the American people
Hiring the most corrupt, inept people to run our government.
Pulling out the Iran nuclear agreement giving Iran the green light to pursue nukes
Pulling out of a massive trade deal in the Pacific Rim only to be replaced by China
With hold money to help Americans recover from natural disasters
Promise not to golf & then run up a 100 million tab for golfing
Refusing to do his job unless Congress quits investigating him
Never ending childish name calling
Being a bigot & racist.
Supporting white nationalism
Nepotism run wild.
Taking credit for accomplishments that are not his.
Trashing the US Constitution.
Making a mess at our Southern Border

AND being an overall asshole, fraud, business cheat, women abuser, adulterer, and liar.
Most of your list is ranting-there is one important line-childish name calling. Rational people have told me they support Trump but- the name calling reminds them of bullying which they won't tolerate. The people who voted for him last time won't this time for that reason.

It is not a question of support for Trump....or any other person.....it is the principles and policies that count.

One cannot ignore what Trump policies have accomplished.

Here's a dozen reasons:

Most voted against the Democrats,
against the mess Hussein Obama made of the economy,
against the corruption we've witnessed for decades,

against awarding nuclear weapons to the 7th century savages,
against the anti-white bias of the Democrat Party,

against the flood of illegal immigrants who require welfare
against bringing millions of unvetted Muslim refugees from war-indoctrinated nations,
against redistribution of wealth,
against the failed Liberal welfare industry,
against being dictated to by the United Nothings,
against a failed Liberal education industry,
against $20 trillion national debt...

...and for the slim possibility of a rebirth of America.

"When secular leftists express frustration at how practicing Catholics (your humble servants) and evangelicals could ever vote for Donald Trump, the first thing they refuse to concede is the horror of the alternative.

They refuse to admit that Hillary Clinton clearly, forthrightly stood for abortion on demand, at any time, for any reason and even supported it having it funded by pro-life taxpayers. Itā€™s what she and her husband called ā€œsafe, legal and rare.ā€ Hillary and her crew even dismissed the videotaped baby-organ-selling grotesqueries of Planned Parenthood as somehow fictional. And they refuse to admit that Hillary Clinton represented the creeping extremism of the LGBT movement, with its emphasis on redesigning all the nationā€™s bathrooms, not to mention human nature."
Bozell & Graham Column: The Book Against Transgender Extremism

ā€œJob growth surges by 312,000 in Decemberā€ Job growth surges by 312,000 in December

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trumpā€™s job performance. "

"Lowest unemployment in 19 years for workers without bachelor's degrees in April"

I saw a recent TV ad about the situation of landlords under Democrat rent control, and it makes a powerful point about the folks we put in control of economic policy.

1.What happens when voters choose based on personality or party, rather than policy?

"George McGovern On Why Politicians Who Haven't Built A Business Are Bad At Regulating

In 1988, I invested most of the earnings from this lecture circuit acquiring the leasehold on Connecticutā€™s Stratford Inn.

In retrospect, I wish I had known more about the hazards and difficulties of such a business, ...I also wish that during the years I was in public office, I had had this firsthand experience about the difficulties business people face every day. That knowledge would have made me a better U.S. senator and a more understanding presidential contender." George McGovern On Why Politicians Who Haven't Built A Business Are Bad At Regulating

A Liberal Democrat who learned the lesson many Democrat voters have yet to incorporate (pun intended).

ā€¦admits to a crowd that heā€™s never held a private sector.ā€ Joe Biden: ā€˜Iā€™ve Never Been Gainfully Employed In My Lifeā€™ | Breitbart

Coming right upā€¦.

Policy:
Running up the debt Not as bad as BO
Fucking over farmers in a stupid trade war Made farmers whole
Sacrificing border security in a chase for a 40' concrete wall Never was a 40' concrete wall, has better security than BO, just ask Jeh
Allowing for dirtier air & water Bullshit
Allowing for more dangerous workplaces Bullshit
Ignoring Climate Change our biggest long term problem 12-years and counting down, you ready to meet Jesus?
Lying to the American people All pols lie
Hiring the most corrupt, inept people to run our government. Got anyone with cash in the freezer?
Pulling out the Iran nuclear agreement giving Iran the green light to pursue nukes Like a 10-year delay was a good deal. No nukes, period.
Pulling out of a massive trade deal in the Pacific Rim only to be replaced by China Free and fair trade deals are a must
With hold money to help Americans recover from natural disasters No one is starving are they? PR is better today than before the cane hit
Promise not to golf & then run up a 100 million tab for golfing BO golfed too
Refusing to do his job unless Congress quits investigating him Mueller did the investigation, the dems want to spoil Trump's 4-year term with more bullshit accusations
Never ending childish name calling They fit.
Being a bigot & racist. Bullshit, Trump had a black girlfriend
Supporting white nationalism Bullshit
Nepotism run wild. ??? Did I miss Eric & Don Jr appointments? Remember JFK appointing Bobby AG?
Taking credit for accomplishments that are not his. Bullshit, see "promises kept"
Trashing the US Constitution. The dems will get hammered for using intel agencies and the deep state to control election outcomes
Making a mess at our Southern Border The dems want open borders and Trump is stopping illegals
AND being an overall asshole, fraud, business cheat, women abuser, adulterer, and liar. you missed billionaire, TV personality, and president
Policy:
Sacrificing border security in a chase for a 40' concrete wall Never was a 40' concrete wall, has better security than BO, just ask Jeh
Ignoring Climate Change our biggest long term problem 12-years and counting down, you ready to meet Jesus?
Hiring the most corrupt, inept people to run our government. Got anyone with cash in the freezer?
Pulling out the Iran nuclear agreement giving Iran the green light to pursue nukes Like a 10-year delay was a good deal. No nukes, period.
Pulling out of a massive trade deal in the Pacific Rim only to be replaced by China Free and fair trade deals are a must
With hold money to help Americans recover from natural disasters No one is starving are they? PR is better today than before the cane hit
Refusing to do his job unless Congress quits investigating him Mueller did the investigation, the dems want to spoil Trump's 4-year term with more bullshit accusations
Nepotism run wild. ??? Did I miss Eric & Don Jr appointments? Remember JFK appointing Bobby AG?
Taking credit for accomplishments that are not his. Bullshit, see "promises kept"
Trashing the US Constitution. The dems will get hammered for using intel agencies and the deep state to control election outcomes
Making a mess at our Southern Border The dems want open borders and Trump is stopping illegals
AND being an overall asshole, fraud, business cheat, women abuser, adulterer, and liar. you missed billionaire, TV personality, and president
[/QUOTE]
Obama inherited a trillion plus deficit & an economy shrinking at a rate over 6% & losing 800,000 jobs a month.

Trump inherited a growing economy & a long string of positive job growth & a deficit far less than he inherited.

Farmers received any money yet? Why are they going bankrupt. rump took 16 billion & passed it out to cover up his blunder & you are happy?

It is a FACT, Trump has rolled back environment regulations concerning air & water quality. He has rolled back regulations governing the workplace.

No President has lied more that Trump.

Record number of appointees that left in corruption

The Iran agreement was designed to be renegotiated in ten years. So what? Now they can do whatever. In ten years, Iran will likely be more receptive to changing their ways as the old hard liners move on. How is that new agreement coming along?

Trump has not negotiated any trade agreements with these countries.

So the bigots, racists, and white Nationalists love Trump because he is against them. I get it.

Mueller was appointed by the Trump administration & did a report. It is the job of Congress to be a check & balance, not the DOJ. I remember when Obama told the Republicans to quit investigating him & Hillary or he would not work with them. Oh wait, he didn't. You assfucks investigated all kinds of shit under Obama & now you whine like a little girl when Your orange buddy gets investigated. What a bunch of panty waists you are.

Trump has done little to help this country. He just claims anything is good is due to him & anytring bad has to do with someone else. ( Kind of like you)

The FBI did its job. Trump's a campaign advisor was picked up on a Russian wire tap and I guess you thibk they should do nothing.

Obama NEVER promised NOT to golf. Hey, what's a100 million. Obama never flew to Florida over the weekends to golf at his own resort while charging the Secret Service tens of thousands to rent golf carts from him.

You people are so fucking stupid that it makes me sick. Trump is fucking you & you bending over & say give me more.

Coming right upā€¦.

Policy:
Policy:

Any praise for Obama is purely propaganda. The man is an incompetent ingrate....very much like you.

He inherited an average economy, and never improved it.

So says the Left-leaning Reuters:

The unemployment rate announced three days after his election was 6.5%....not particularly terrible. But it was the only economic news, and had Obama insisting we were suffering "the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression." Obama: U.S. in worst crisis since Depression - Reuters

Obama did a terrible job with his Democrat policies:
"...the economy was stagnating in 2016 after the weakest recovery from a recession since the Great Depression.

In fact, The New York Times itself described Obama's economy this way in August 2016: "For three quarters in a row, the growth rate of the economy has hovered around a mere 1%. In the last quarter of 2015 and the first quarter of 2016, the economy expanded at feeble annual rates of 0.9% and 0.8%, respectively. The initial reading for the second quarter of this year, released on Friday, was a disappointing 1.2%."

...GDP growth decelerated in each of the last three quarters of 2016."

And on January 27, 2017, after the government reported that GDP growth for all 2016 was a mere 1.6% ā€” the weakest in five years ā€”"

Economic Boom: Media Rewrite History To Credit Obama Instead Of Trump

Trump picked up an revitalized the economy:

In short, there was no upward trajectory to the economy on anyone's radar when Trump took office.ā€ Economic Boom: Media Rewrite History To Credit Obama Instead Of Trump

11132746_web1_web-RAMclr-092018-headwinds.jpg

One must remember that Democrat economic policy is an extension of Soviet Bolshevik policies.....ending private property.

5. Here, once again, that apocryphal tale of boiling the frog: put it in cold water, and raise the temperature so slowly that it fails to recognize the threat: boiled frog.

That's what 'regulation' is....the threat is the destruction of the right to private property.

6. Why is 'private property's so important?
Before the Founders settled on 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness,' ....

"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" is a well-known phrase in theUnited States Declaration of Independence.[1]The phrase gives three examples of the "unalienable rights" which the Declaration says has been given to all human beings by their Creator, and for which governments are created to protect. ....In 1689, Locke argued in hisTwo Treatises of Government that political society existed for the sake of protecting "property", which he defined as a person's "life, liberty, and estate"
Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

7. While our founding documents memorialize our rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, the Virginia Declaration preceded it by several months. In same, George Mason had written ā€œā€¦the enjoyment of life and liberty, with the means of acquiring and possessing property, and pursuing and obtaining happiness and safety.ā€¦ā€ Virginia Declaration of Rights, 1776

1. The emphasis on property came from philosopher John Locke, who believed that all men had the natural rights to acquire, protect, and dispose of property.
  2. Jefferson preferred the shift from material property and toward the pursuit of happiness: by such, morality became uppermost.

8. Private property is the physical dimension of capitalism, the free market.

"A fundamental principle of our society is property rights. In nations were property rights have not been formally established, the costs of legally validating ownership of a home, a farm, or a business may be prohibitively expensive relative to the average income level, a crippling handicap for those seeking to rise from poverty to prosperity. Without property rights, one with entrepreneurial talents loses the access to other peopleā€™s money: homes or other assets not recognized by a legal system cannot be used as collateral."
Sowell, ā€œEconomic Facts & Fallacies,ā€ chapter seven.

One must remember that Democrat economic policy is an extension of Soviet Bolshevik policies.....ending private property.
Which Dems are calling for the end to private property? Everyone, Dems and GOP, puts limits on private property so that is not the same as ending it.

The huge difficulty for the Ds is that Trump has attacked them strategically:

The SALT deduction limit that is destroying the blue wall tax base.

The trade war with China that is hurting the Left coast's viability in particular.

The southern border emergency decree, which will abolish most of the Blue Wall's voter base of illegal aliens.

Waiting out the Witch Hunt and the soon to be rollovers for leniency that will attack the donor base.

All of the above erodes the viability of the Ds.

4. The commercial about rent control mentioned in the OP was about property owners who are being strangled by the increases in regulations and taxes in NYC, and, I bet, in every Democrat precinct.

You can see several of them here: Taxpayers for an Affordable NY - Responsible Rent Reform

This is one of them:

This elderly property owner is fighting to keep her head above water.

She explains why:

ā€œI observed that government has created a hostile environment which tenant against landlord.ā€

ā€œā€¦no cap on property taxā€¦.water and sewage chargeā€¦but they cap our income.ā€

Every voter should re-read what George McGovern stated in the OP.

In addition to this ^, rent control causes fewer units to be available at lower price points because the building owners turn out and turn what they have into high-end luxury apartments or condos to get them out of the rent caps. I am fairly progressive and while the idea of helping out the lower incomes is appealing, the reality is rent control (and unnaturally inflated minimum wages) do exactly the opposite of helping out. You couldn't design a more effective economic weapon to punish the poor than that combination.

5. Here, once again, that apocryphal tale of boiling the frog: put it in cold water, and raise the temperature so slowly that it fails to recognize the threat: boiled frog.

That's what 'regulation' is....the threat is the destruction of the right to private property.

Before the Founders settled on 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness,' ....

"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" is a well-known phrase in theUnited States Declaration of Independence.[1]The phrase gives three examples of the "unalienable rights" which the Declaration says has been given to all human beings by their Creator, and for which governments are created to protect. ....In 1689, Locke argued in hisTwo Treatises of Government that political society existed for the sake of protecting "property", which he defined as a person's "life, liberty, and estate"

7. While our founding documents memorialize our rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, the Virginia Declaration preceded it by several months. In same, George Mason had written ā€œā€¦the enjoyment of life and liberty, with the means of acquiring and possessing property, and pursuing and obtaining happiness and safety.ā€¦ā€ Virginia Declaration of Rights, 1776

1. The emphasis on property came from philosopher John Locke, who believed that all men had the natural rights to acquire, protect, and dispose of property.
  2. Jefferson preferred the shift from material property and toward the pursuit of happiness: by such, morality became uppermost.

"A fundamental principle of our society is property rights. In nations were property rights have not been formally established, the costs of legally validating ownership of a home, a farm, or a business may be prohibitively expensive relative to the average income level, a crippling handicap for those seeking to rise from poverty to prosperity. Without property rights, one with entrepreneurial talents loses the access to other peopleā€™s money: homes or other assets not recognized by a legal system cannot be used as collateral."
PC I'm praying for you.... You need an intervention

Coming right upā€¦.

You voted for the worst businessman in America, and you did it in spite of all of the evidence that the guy is a lying conman:

Decade in the Red: Trump Tax Figures Show Over $1 Billion in Business Losses

Donald Trumpā€™s Business Failures Were Very Real

Those Trump bankruptcies are starting to make sense

This Is How Donald Trump Actually Got Rich

Which Dems are calling for the end to private property? Everyone, Dems and GOP, puts limits on private property so that is not the same as ending it.

That's what regulation and taxation is about.

ā€œTHE BOLSHEVIST REVOLUTION of October, 1917 [1], did not overthrow the Kerensky government alone, it overthrew the whole social system that was based on private property.ā€
Leon Trotsky: Literature and Revolution (1. Pre-Revolutionary Art)

Exactly what the Democrat's "Occupy Wall Street" was all about.

"You didn't build that!"

Wise up.

The huge difficulty for the Ds is that Trump has attacked them strategically:

The SALT deduction limit that is destroying the blue wall tax base.

The trade war with China that is hurting the Left coast's viability in particular.

The southern border emergency decree, which will abolish most of the Blue Wall's voter base of illegal aliens.

Waiting out the Witch Hunt and the soon to be rollovers for leniency that will attack the donor base.

All of the above erodes the viability of the Ds.

And even more personal to the Establishment:

Here's the reason the establishment of both parties is anti-Trump: he is a threat to their wealth.

"Trump Attack on Regulation
Starts To Win Admiration
Both At Home and Abroad"

Trump Attack on Regulation Starts To Win Admiration Both At Home and Abroad - The New York Sun

Most important to the tyrants...er, Congressmen....is that by producing regulations that stymie businesses....said businesses have to bribe....er, lobby....the Representative to put in loopholes.

Ending regulation is an existential danger to their sinecures: they go to Washington to do good, and end up doing well.

Every notice how many Congressmen leave government far richer than when they went in?

Coming right upā€¦.

You voted for the worst businessman in America, and you did it in spite of all of the evidence that the guy is a lying conman:

Decade in the Red: Trump Tax Figures Show Over $1 Billion in Business Losses

Donald Trumpā€™s Business Failures Were Very Real

Those Trump bankruptcies are starting to make sense

This Is How Donald Trump Actually Got Rich

Look who's here:
The nautilus from his shell....the mole from his dunghill

Who cares about Trump's wealth.....this is what Americans care about, you dope:

You may pin the tail on yourself.

What's your prob, pal?

You're not in favor of private property and prosperity???????

Well put. The problem is, elections are as much a popularity/likability contest as competency. People LIKE Obama more than Trump, regardless of accomplishments. I fear they will LIKE Biden more than Trump. That's why I support Schultz-he is likable enough without the AOC agenda.

That's what regulation and taxation is about.
That is exactly, 100% wrong. Both can be and are abused but that is not what they are about.

Regulation ensures that property is used safely. You can't open a bomb factory on your private property without following the proper regulations. I can't think of anyone who would disagree though you might take issue with specific regulations. Regulation is absolutely necessary if we are to live together.

Taxes raise revenue to defend your private property from foreign invaders and build a road to your private property. Again, you may take issue with specific taxes but I doubt anyone thinks there should be NO taxes on private property.

What's your prob, pal?

You're not in favor of private property and prosperity???????
certainly am who isn't?

Coming right upā€¦.

Policy:
Running up the debt
Fucking over farmers in a stupid trade war
Sacrificing border security in a chase for a 40' concrete wall
Allowing for dirtier air & water
Allowing for more dangerous workplaces
Ignoring Climate Change our biggest long term problem
Lying to the American people
Hiring the most corrupt, inept people to run our government.
Pulling out the Iran nuclear agreement giving Iran the green light to pursue nukes
Pulling out of a massive trade deal in the Pacific Rim only to be replaced by China
With hold money to help Americans recover from natural disasters
Promise not to golf & then run up a 100 million tab for golfing
Refusing to do his job unless Congress quits investigating him
Never ending childish name calling
Being a bigot & racist.
Supporting white nationalism
Nepotism run wild.
Taking credit for accomplishments that are not his.
Trashing the US Constitution.
Making a mess at our Southern Border

AND being an overall asshole, fraud, business cheat, women abuser, adulterer, and liar.

Leave out the vulgarity and I'll consider responding.

Try posting like an adult, RealDumb.

Try posting a real thread you condescending piece of shit.

Forum List

Back