Definitely not fair

It's fair. Plenty of big guys get taken out in the NFL. :D Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better. He would be a formidable blocker, but bigger also means slower a lot of times.
Evidently you have never tried to block or move 440 lbs......

Nope! :lol:
I was going to play pro in the 1980's, till I saw the fridge playing..he made me look like a midget...

I think you meant to say you were going to play pro ball until you saw the fridge and started eating.

It's fair. Plenty of big guys get taken out in the NFL. :D Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better. He would be a formidable blocker, but bigger also means slower a lot of times.
Evidently you have never tried to block or move 440 lbs......

Nope! :lol:
I was going to play pro in the 1980's, till I saw the fridge playing..he made me look like a midget...

I think you meant to say you were going to play pro ball until you saw the fridge and started eating.
It is necessary.....

The guy is too slow to ever make in big time college or in the NFL. He is a huge target as a policeman. I doubt he could even get into a typical police cruiser. Maybe he could excel at under cover. Ya that's the ticket..under cover. :lol:

Why is he too tall to play football?

He might be able to play offensive tackle, but him playing defensive tackle he's bound to get hurt from a cut block having such long legs. He should lose weight and play basketball. 20% of the world's 7 footers ages 20 - 35 are playing pro basketball. There's no ono even close to his height playing pro football.

I would think having his size would be a good thing in football!

Nah...being to big is a detriment.
They cant move fast enough.
You do have the rare cases of speed,power and size. The best example these days is JJ Watt and he's not anywhere near that big. He's around 6'5 290lbs.
2014: Best of Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt - NFL Videos

Gronk is another example, him and Watt are big time freak athletes.

Gronk is 6'6". Brady is 6'4" though! I never realized he was so tall!

But they're athletic and a QB needs to be able to see over the linemen.
The only short QB i can think of off the top of my head thats worth a shit these days is Breeze.

He might be able to play offensive tackle, but him playing defensive tackle he's bound to get hurt from a cut block having such long legs. He should lose weight and play basketball. 20% of the world's 7 footers ages 20 - 35 are playing pro basketball. There's no ono even close to his height playing pro football.

You do have the rare cases of speed,power and size. The best example these days is JJ Watt and he's not anywhere near that big. He's around 6'5 290lbs.

The only short QB i can think of off the top of my head thats worth a shit these days is Breeze.

What about Big Ben? He's a pretty big guy for a QB.

He's not short. Like I said,about the only short QB I can think of thats worth a shit is Breeze.

He's not short. Like I said,about the only short QB I can think of thats worth a shit is Breeze.

I know. I was talking about tall and big QBs though. :)

Doug Flutie. :D

And I bet his knees are a great target for a 6'2", 300lb dude...

Is that unfair though? Is it unfair to anyone if he was allowed to play in the NFL? I don't think so. He might have a size advantage, but as you pointed out, he has weaknesses too.

Forum List

Back