Definitely not fair

7ft is too tall to play football. He should be practicing his basketball skills.

7ft is too tall to play football. He should be practicing his basketball skills.

Why is he too tall to play football?

He might be able to play offensive tackle, but him playing defensive tackle he's bound to get hurt from a cut block having such long legs. He should lose weight and play basketball. 20% of the world's 7 footers ages 20 - 35 are playing pro basketball. There's no ono even close to his height playing pro football.

He might be able to play offensive tackle, but him playing defensive tackle he's bound to get hurt from a cut block having such long legs. He should lose weight and play basketball. 20% of the world's 7 footers ages 20 - 35 are playing pro basketball. There's no ono even close to his height playing pro football.

Except for some QBs...but I dont see that in his future.

He'll need to lose some weight and put on some muscle.

Player
Height Weight Pos. School Draft Year Drafted By Last Season
Jonathan Ogden 6' 9" 345 T UCLA 1996 Ravens 2007
Jared Gaither 6' 9" 340 T Maryland 2007 Ravens 2011
Matthew O'Donnell 6' 9" 328 T Queen's Undrafted 2011
Dennis Roland 6' 9" 322 T Georgia Undrafted 2011
Demar Dotson 6' 9" 315 T S. Miss Undrafted 2011
Rob Bohlinger 6' 9" 310 T Wyoming Undrafted 1998
Jim Newton 6' 9" 297 T Utah State Undrafted 2003

Ogden is the only guy I've ever heard of on that list. Are all those guys OT's?

Player

All Tackles.

I would think having his size would be a good thing in football!

Nah...being to big is a detriment.
They cant move fast enough.
You do have the rare cases of speed,power and size. The best example these days is JJ Watt and he's not anywhere near that big. He's around 6'5 290lbs.
2014: Best of Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt - NFL Videos

You do have the rare cases of speed,power and size. The best example these days is JJ Watt and he's not anywhere near that big. He's around 6'5 290lbs.

Gronk is another example, him and Watt are big time freak athletes.

Player

All Tackles.

Like I said, mybe the kid can play OT, but I doubt it.

Gronk is 6'6". Brady is 6'4" though! I never realized he was so tall!

It's fair. Plenty of big guys get taken out in the NFL. :D Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better. He would be a formidable blocker, but bigger also means slower a lot of times.
Evidently you have never tried to block or move 440 lbs......

Gronk is 6'6". Brady is 6'4" though! I never realized he was so tall!

Yeah, some QB's are pretty tall.

Forum List

Back