Define the God you believe in, if you do believe in one (or more) -

you don't need god for that = god is unnecessary
Remember this when you are suffering and then get back to me.
please O GREAT ONE, give us some wisdom
Wisdom is not given to just any jackanape.

That’s why you can’t discover it when you read the Bible. It is hidden from you.
thank you O Great One
that is very deep and not bullshit ....hahahahahhahah
You are very welcome. I hope your suffering ends soon.
I stand in the shadow of your greatness

Remember this when you are suffering and then get back to me.
please O GREAT ONE, give us some wisdom
Wisdom is not given to just any jackanape.

That’s why you can’t discover it when you read the Bible. It is hidden from you.
thank you O Great One
that is very deep and not bullshit ....hahahahahhahah
You are very welcome. I hope your suffering ends soon.
I stand in the shadow of your greatness
There’s nothing special about me, brother.

Faith in God leads to accountability.

Faith in God (christianity) leads to accountability.

one can not use a deity in distinction for a religion.

that is a distortion between fact and fiction, relying on a false messiah religion of perpetual sin initiated in the 4th century does not lead to accountability in the sense of a deity as by its disguised political objective being its true anterior motive - as an example.

Faith in God leads to accountability.

Faith in God (christianity) leads to accountability.

one can not use a deity in distinction for a religion.

that is a distortion between fact and fiction, relying on a false messiah religion of perpetual sin initiated in the 4th century does not lead to accountability in the sense of a deity as by its disguised political objective being its true anterior motive - as an example.
I’ve never questioned how others perceive God like you do. Probably because I’m not a religious nut job like you who tries to impose his will on the faith of others.

Just to be clear here, the benefits of faith I am describing are not limited to any one specific religion. I’m not a religious bigot like you.

That's how I mean it. I see gods in the same way I see human minds, but they are distributed minds - existing in the network of like-minded believers. I came to see it this way after studying how systems can have emergent attributes that act independently of the intent of any individual members of the system.

I know it sounds like I'm dismissing gods as "made up", but that's not my intent. I think they are very real things, with a very real presence. But they have no physical representation outside the actions of believers. They are truly non-material beings. So are we, for that matter.
Well are they human constructs or did they construct humans - - your initial definition implied both but that's not sound.

They evolved alongside humans, as a by-product of human minds and society.
Why do you believe that?

I saw it in a vision.

And how do you reconcile it with the origin questions?
I don't.
Was this vision in the form of a dream?
No, I was sitting on the shitter - having a relatively rough time of it - and a voice spoke from behind the exhaust fan. Laid out all the details.

Why don’t you reconcile it with the origin questions?

Because they're separate issues.

Well are they human constructs or did they construct humans - - your initial definition implied both but that's not sound.

They evolved alongside humans, as a by-product of human minds and society.
Why do you believe that?

I saw it in a vision.

And how do you reconcile it with the origin questions?
I don't.
Was this vision in the form of a dream?
No, I was sitting on the shitter - having a relatively rough time of it - and a voice spoke from behind the exhaust fan. Laid out all the details.

Why don’t you reconcile it with the origin questions?

Because they're separate issues.
That’s a pretty amazing claim. But you said you saw it in a vision. You didn’t say a voice laid it all out.

How are they separate issues?

Why not believe in all the gods and then just sort them into a hierarchy, thus making an ordered list of how the gods can meet your expectations?

Why not believe in all the gods and then just sort them into a hierarchy, thus making an ordered list of how the gods can meet your expectations?
Because there is only one.

What you are describing are multiple perceptions of God.

I believe in the concept of a multiverse and multiple Gods who are a combination of unimaginable intellect and energy. They create multiple universes and various forms of life for entertainment. They create multiple universes and life because they can and it's fun for them. They do not intervene, they set things in motion, grab their celestial popcorn boxes and enjoy the show they created.
Why multiple Gods? Doesn’t that unnecessarily complicate things?
I've thought about this a lot. I believe there was the Original God (the O.G. lol) who created the original Universe. But that wasn't enough to entertain him. He was lonely. So he created group of Gods similar to himself, his God Friends for lack of a better term. This was far more fun and entertaining and together they created multiple universes, multiple life forms and countless other things we don't even know about. They never intervene, they allow their creations to run their course while they observe and create new forms of entertainment.
So why can’t man shake this pesky fairness thing?

Why does man prefer right over wrong?
I don't see the connection to God and man's tendency toward fairness and right over wrong. And depending on the situation, fairness and right vs wrong can be fluid especially when survival is part of the equation. For example if your family is starving in a 3rd world country is it wrong to steal food from another family?

Yes. But it is also wrong for the other family to let the other family starve.

The connection is self evident. In fact every quarrel that has ever existed proves that man knows right from wrong and that when he violates it rather than abandoning the concept he rationalizes that he didn’t violate it.

This behavior is universal. We didn’t put it in us and we can’t get rid of it.
That behavior is not present in those with sociopathic minds. There are people who actually find entertainment in the suffering of others. It is possible that the innate sense of fairness is due to the higher ability to reason rather than a quality infused by God.

Can anyone tell you what to believe? If the answer is no, then you have your answer. People are not all that different. Each has his or her own beliefs. Sometimes we are fortunate enough to run into those who share our own belief. We cannot tell one another what to believe; we can ask people to share what they do believe and how they came to that belief.

This is just a repository for anyone who feels they've got an adequate definition of the "God" they believe in, for future reference.

Personally, I hold no belief in anything I'd personally categorize as a God...therefore, I am without definition...however, I'm interested in the Category of discussion and I'd love to see what your concept of your deity might be -

Feel free to drop your definition here!~​
Cannabis-leaves-header_1200x500_0000_iStock-883312588.jpg

Why multiple Gods? Doesn’t that unnecessarily complicate things?
I've thought about this a lot. I believe there was the Original God (the O.G. lol) who created the original Universe. But that wasn't enough to entertain him. He was lonely. So he created group of Gods similar to himself, his God Friends for lack of a better term. This was far more fun and entertaining and together they created multiple universes, multiple life forms and countless other things we don't even know about. They never intervene, they allow their creations to run their course while they observe and create new forms of entertainment.
So why can’t man shake this pesky fairness thing?

Why does man prefer right over wrong?
I don't see the connection to God and man's tendency toward fairness and right over wrong. And depending on the situation, fairness and right vs wrong can be fluid especially when survival is part of the equation. For example if your family is starving in a 3rd world country is it wrong to steal food from another family?

Yes. But it is also wrong for the other family to let the other family starve.

The connection is self evident. In fact every quarrel that has ever existed proves that man knows right from wrong and that when he violates it rather than abandoning the concept he rationalizes that he didn’t violate it.

This behavior is universal. We didn’t put it in us and we can’t get rid of it.
That behavior is not present in those with sociopathic minds. There are people who actually find entertainment in the suffering of others. It is possible that the innate sense of fairness is due to the higher ability to reason rather than a quality infused by God.
Agreed.

That was going to be my next point.

But that doesn’t mean it wasn’t infused by God so to speak as God is intelligence among other things.

Forum List

Back