Defeat From the Jaws of Victory

you have a really short memory or you're delusional. i don't like intellectual dishonesty.
Yes - your self-loathing is -quite- evident.

No matter how -you- want to spin it:
-The Obama sided with the GOP on the tax cuts
-The Obama forces the Dems to accept and pass the tax cuts.
-The tax cuts would not have passed had The Obala not sided with the GOP and forced the Dems to accept them.

So, if you should call anyone's office and tell them to stop fighting for tax cut for the rich -- the White House switrchboard number is 202-456-1414.

Fact of the matter is, The Obama sold out his ideological integrity for partisan political expediency.

he's running toward the center. just like I said he would. he has to get things done or he's going to lose in 2012. Power will trump ideology every. single. time.

Gotta agree.

None of this was high priority for the Dems before the Nov elections. Nothing stands in the way of possibly getting elected doncha know??

Hells bells. Any and all could have been handled next month by the new Congress.

I'm sure Harry Reid feels like superman. LOL

Yeah.... no.

It's because before the elections, the Dems could be absolutely sure that the Republicans would filibuster and block anything and everything.

Now, the Republicans have some time before the next elections, and they can always blame it on the "Lame Duck" Democratic majority, should they ever be called on anything.

So, like magic, everything suddenly passes!

i thought you righties believe that if you don't have a job its because you're lazy.

go out and work.

I don't work, I'm retired, unlike you who say you work but piss around on the computer all day.

all day? you sure about that? or is it my a.m. and lunchtime and on and off after dinner?

today doesn't count. i'm home sick.
Call Obama, he's on a roll. I bet he could cure you with a little miracle.

:)

you have a really short memory or you're delusional. i don't like intellectual dishonesty.

-The tax cuts would not have passed had The Obala not sided with the GOP and forced the Dems to accept them.

So, if you should call anyone's office and tell them to stop fighting for tax cut for the rich -- the White House switrchboard number is 202-456-1414.

Fact of the matter is, The Obama sold out his ideological integrity for partisan political expediency.

he's running toward the center. just like I said he would. he has to get things done or he's going to lose in 2012. Power will trump ideology every. single. time.
Rare is the liberal that "does the right thing' when there's a significant risk of losing political power.
See: The Obama championing GWB's tax cuts.

I don't work, I'm retired, unlike you who say you work but piss around on the computer all day.

all day? you sure about that? or is it my a.m. and lunchtime and on and off after dinner?

Call Obama, he's on a roll. I bet he could cure you with a little miracle.

:)

that would rock. he could get the nobel prize in medicine for curing the common cold. :rofl:

Gotta agree.

None of this was high priority for the Dems before the Nov elections. Nothing stands in the way of possibly getting elected doncha know??

Hells bells. Any and all could have been handled next month by the new Congress.

I'm sure Harry Reid feels like superman. LOL

Yeah.... no.

It's because before the elections, the Dems could be absolutely sure that the Republicans would filibuster and block anything and everything.

Now, the Republicans have some time before the next elections, and they can always blame it on the "Lame Duck" Democratic majority, should they ever be called on anything.

So, like magic, everything suddenly passes!

The replacements are not in office yet.

DADT was -passed into law- by a bunch of homophobic bigots.

like Bill Clinton.

you know, it always bothered me that clinton did that... but if you recall the politics of the time, he lost the congress because they pushed for health care and gays in the military during his first term. DADT was supposed to be a temporary compromise that was forced on him by the repubs.

but like most compromises of that sort, it pleased no one and had no moral center.
that is incorrect
it was the Military Brass that pushed that, not Congress

How is the New Start treaty, DADT repeal, or handing more bennies to more people "running to the center"? He signed on to ONE piece of legislation, keeping tax rates the same, that he virtually had no choice on.

-The tax cuts would not have passed had The Obama not sided with the GOP and forced the Dems to accept them.

So, if you should call anyone's office and tell them to stop fighting for tax cut for the rich -- the White House switchboard number is 202-456-1414.

actually, i have zero self-loathing... unlike you. but if that's how you want to respond because you got called out for being duplicitous.... :cool:

So.. the dems got DADT repealed

got the START treaty confirmed

passed the 9/11 health bill

got unemployment insurance extended

all in exchange for giving a few millionaires a tax cut?

i wonder who's agenda mattered more?

but apparently the lame duck wasn't so lame. :thup:

oh...and the president's approval rating is higher than chris christie's ... oops

Surprise: Barack Obama’s Approval Rating Is Higher Than That of Chris Christie | VF Daily | Vanity Fair

how did the repubs grab defeat from the jaws of victory?

In other words, the Dems did what the GOP was supposed to do ... shove shit down the other side's throats. Too bad the side that can think doesn't have the balls to put the right things into play. Only the side made up of thugs and bullies can.

The President is STILL a liar and a thief, just like most Democrats. He's just worse than most. That's how he holds office. He even stole THAT.

oh...and the president's approval rating is higher than chris christie's ... oops

Surprise: Barack Obama’s Approval Rating Is Higher Than That of Chris Christie | VF Daily | Vanity Fair

In other words, the Dems did what the GOP was supposed to do ... shove shit down the other side's throats. Too bad the side that can think doesn't have the balls to put the right things into play. Only the side made up of thugs and bullies can.

The President is STILL a liar and a thief, just like most Democrats. He's just worse than most. That's how he holds office. He even stole THAT.
How did Obama steal the White House? Was there a Supreme Court decision stopping a recount in Florida again in 2008?

and quadrupled the fucking national debt, now your great great grandchildren will get to pay for your stupidity.

No matter what font you type that in, it will still be a lie.

And your pants will still be aflame.

doesn't matter. they proved they don't care about the deficit when they demanded more tax cuts for the rich before they'd vote on anything else.

i thought you righties believe that if you don't have a job its because you're lazy.

go out and work.

sick everyday, today you're just home, and while you're home sick mind explaining to we little Republicans about why obie wan know nothing is granting waivers to all his union buds so they can opt out of his brilliantly crammed down our throats health care bill? huuummmm wanna do dat?

How did Obama steal the White House? Was there a Supreme Court decision stopping a recount in Florida again in 2008?

he didn't steal the white house. that's just mental retardation. but try pointing out that bush did and really watch their heads explode.

Forum List

Back