Defeat From the Jaws of Victory

Not really. Many in his own party were in favor of extension. Letting rates rise would have provoked another recession. Even Obama could see that much.
But the other things cited hardly show him "running to the center."

my point is he'll have to work with republicans or he won't get anything done. DADT is small potatoes, imo.

lol, the new rightwing talking point.

Wrong, NYcuminhisrear. I don't care one way or the other about DADT.

And while the admin was busy passing mind numbingly ignorant laws that will have no benefit they couldn't even follow the constitution and balance a budget, just continuing res after continuing res.

wasnt it the republicans who wanted and got the continuing resolution on the budget, after the got the budget the actually demanded? McConnell asked for a $1.1 trillion budget, the dems responded and gave it to him, then he decried the budget as too expensive......:cuckoo:

So.. the dems got DADT repealed

got the START treaty confirmed

passed the 9/11 health bill

got unemployment insurance extended

all in exchange for giving a few millionaires a tax cut?

i wonder who's agenda mattered more?

but apparently the lame duck wasn't so lame. :thup:
It's not a surprise that you never asked yourself why, if these things were so important, they weren't passed prior to the election.

The 'lame duck' session is nothing but desparation.
Yeah.....Republicans simply forgot why they were in Congress (for TWO-YEARS), right??

If ya' procrastinate, for TWO-YEARS.....and, someone ELSE grabs-the-bull-by-the-horns....ya' can't very-well start whining about stolen-opportunities.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
he had a choice. he could have let them expire. like I said, he wants to win in 2012.

Not really. Many in his own party were in favor of extension. Letting rates rise would have provoked another recession. Even Obama could see that much.

my point is he'll have to work with republicans or he won't get anything done. DADT is small potatoes, imo.

OK, I agree he'll have to do that. I disagree he will do that or has shown any capacity to do so. I do think he will try to further his agenda through regulation, ala net neutrality.
DADT is symbolic more than anything else. Like Gitmo.

And while the admin was busy passing mind numbingly ignorant laws that will have no benefit they couldn't even follow the constitution and balance a budget, just continuing res after continuing res.

wasnt it the republicans who wanted and got the continuing resolution on the budget, after the got the budget the actually demanded? McConnell asked for a $1.1 trillion budget, the dems responded and gave it to him, then he decried the budget as too expensive......:cuckoo:

The convservatives prevailed, yes. That's a good thing.

oh...and the president's approval rating is higher than chris christie's ... oops

Surprise: Barack Obama’s Approval Rating Is Higher Than That of Chris Christie | VF Daily | Vanity Fair

how did the repubs grab defeat from the jaws of victory?
You forgot: the recession is over.

Damn, the guy did more than I ever expected him to do.

:clap2:

Yes, the recession is over. NO one has a fucking job but the fucking recession is over. thank you libturds thanks you.

the recession is over because the economy is growing, which by definition means the recession is over.

on the other hand, job creation is still low because business are doing more with less to maximize profits.

its a double edged sword.

OK, I agree he'll have to do that. I disagree he will do that or has shown any capacity to do so. I do think he will try to further his agenda through regulation, ala net neutrality.
DADT is symbolic more than anything else. Like Gitmo.

if they close Gitmo, they'll outsource torture.

Yes, the recession is over. NO one has a fucking job but the fucking recession is over. thank you libturds thanks you.

the recession is over because the economy is growing, which by definition means the recession is over.

on the other hand, job creation is still low because business are doing more with less to maximize profits.

When is it said the recession ended?

Hmm. That's not what we were told 2002-2006.
According to the left, the "Bush" recession never ended.

oh...and the president's approval rating is higher than chris christie's ... oops

Surprise: Barack Obama’s Approval Rating Is Higher Than That of Chris Christie | VF Daily | Vanity Fair

how did the repubs grab defeat from the jaws of victory?

They have a knack for that kind of thing. :)

the definition of a recession is when the economy contracts 2 quarters in a row, technically the recession ended in mid to late 2009 as the chart shows.

ChartImg.axd

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/Eco...d91_12.png&g=cdc6ae046e2543f189814008225f2867

job creation on the other hand still sucks. but it is not a measure of a recession.

Last edited:

the definition of a recession is when the economy contracts 2 quarters in a row, technically the recession ended in mid to late 2009 as the chart shows.

ChartImg.axd

job creation on the other hand still sucks. but it is not a measure of a recession.

That's correct. We're having a jobless recovery. So maybe you guys should stop bragging about ending the recession.

ChartImg.axd

June, 2009, to be precise.

Which Obama policies caused it to end?

Forum List

Back