Defeat From the Jaws of Victory

whose desperation?
Um... the people who were forced to push all these "vital" items into the last few weeks of the term...?
If they were so important, why didn't they pass before the election?
if they are so popular, as you claim, why didn't they pass before the election?

This 'lame duck' session was noting but looting as much as possible befoe the police show up.

i'd say you guys look pretty bad...
Which you'd say no matter what. Partisan bigots are like that.

Last edited:
And we would all have been better off had none of these passed. Just more bloated meaningless government, that's all.

repeal of DADT is bloated meaningless govt?

people who dug out the bodies at ground zero are meaningless?

unemployed people are meaningless?

and the above is why you guys ultimately blow up any victory you get.
meh, DADT was put in place by executive order, it should have gone out the same way

thats if Obama really had those gonads you talked about later ;)

So.. the dems got DADT repealed

got the START treaty confirmed

passed the 9/11 health bill

got unemployment insurance extended

all in exchange for giving a few millionaires a tax cut?

i wonder who's agenda mattered more?

but apparently the lame duck wasn't so lame. :thup:

oh...and the president's approval rating is higher than chris christie's ... oops

Surprise: Barack Obama’s Approval Rating Is Higher Than That of Chris Christie | VF Daily | Vanity Fair

how did the repubs grab defeat from the jaws of victory?

So I guess all that "Party of NO" bullshit we had to listen was in truth

bullshit?

and congrats on increasing spending.

And we would all have been better off had none of these passed. Just more bloated meaningless government, that's all.

repeal of DADT is bloated meaningless govt?

people who dug out the bodies at ground zero are meaningless?

unemployed people are meaningless?

and the above is why you guys ultimately blow up any victory you get.
meh, DADT was put in place by executive order, it should have gone out the same way

thats if Obama really had those gonads you talked about later ;)

yeah, but then he'd have been criticized for doing it unilaterally. this way it was almost bi-partisan and he got to do a star turn with the congress and everyone oohing and ahhing. as PR goes, I think he did better.

Though i would prolly have agreed with you two years ago.

And while the admin was busy passing mind numbingly ignorant laws that will have no benefit they couldn't even follow the constitution and balance a budget, just continuing res after continuing res.

They also solved world peace, cured cancer and harnessed fusion...

Awesome...

no, hon.. that's next term. :razz:

Wow, pass a couple of lefty favorites and she's already sucking his large Negro cock again. No wonder Obama's popularity shifts with the Left. They have no loyalty whatsoever.

that's entirly too crass. You may not like Jillian taking a victory lap for fun, but that's was unmanly.

And while the admin was busy passing mind numbingly ignorant laws that will have no benefit they couldn't even follow the constitution and balance a budget, just continuing res after continuing res.

*your* idea of what the constitution is... which doesn't comport with what it *actually* is.

they could have tried to balance the budget... you should call mitch mcconnell's office and tell him to stop fighting for tax cuts for rich people.

So.. the dems got DADT repealed

got the START treaty confirmed

passed the 9/11 health bill

got unemployment insurance extended

all in exchange for giving a few millionaires a tax cut?

i wonder who's agenda mattered more?

but apparently the lame duck wasn't so lame. :thup:
It's not a surprise that you never asked yourself why, if these things were so important, they weren't passed prior to the election.

The 'lame duck' session is nothing but desparation.

whose desperation?

i'd say you guys look pretty bad. and it's a great image for the 2012 campaign that the only thing the repubs cared about was tax cuts for the rich.

if it was desperation, obama wouldn't be 55% today according to this poll?

Pollster.com - Political Surveys and Election Polls, Trends, Charts and Analysis

so come on... justify the repubs only caring about rich people. :thup:

only a fucking lawyer would ask someone to justify a fucking lie. I love it.

Forum List

Back