Defeat From the Jaws of Victory

And we would all have been better off had none of these passed. Just more bloated meaningless government, that's all.

repeal of DADT is bloated meaningless govt?

people who dug out the bodies at ground zero are meaningless?

unemployed people are meaningless?

and the above is why you guys ultimately blow up any victory you get.
The really meaningful policies are making sure millionaires get a tax break. And it's not as if they could do any real good with the extra cash. Or even that without those breaks the republic would collapse.

That 'meaningless' meme is the sound a frustrated partisan makes just as the light bulb over his head goes on to revel the political defeat he just suffered.

meh, DADT was put in place by executive order, it should have gone out the same way
DADT was -passed into law- by a bunch of homophobic bigots.

like Bill Clinton.

you know, it always bothered me that clinton did that... but if you recall the politics of the time, he lost the congress because they pushed for health care and gays in the military during his first term. DADT was supposed to be a temporary compromise that was forced on him by the repubs.

but like most compromises of that sort, it pleased no one and had no moral center.

So.. the dems got DADT repealed

got the START treaty confirmed

passed the 9/11 health bill

got unemployment insurance extended

all in exchange for giving a few millionaires a tax cut?

i wonder who's agenda mattered more?

but apparently the lame duck wasn't so lame. :thup:

oh...and the president's approval rating is higher than chris christie's ... oops

Surprise: Barack Obama’s Approval Rating Is Higher Than That of Chris Christie | VF Daily | Vanity Fair

how did the repubs grab defeat from the jaws of victory?
You forgot: the recession is over.

Damn, the guy did more than I ever expected him to do.

:clap2:

Yes, the recession is over. NO one has a fucking job but the fucking recession is over. thank you libturds thanks you.

they could have tried to balance the budget... you should call mitch mcconnell's office and tell him to stop fighting for tax cuts for rich people.
Don't you mean The Obama's office...?
After all, HE fought for tax cuts for the rich as HE forced the Dems to pass it.
:clap:

you have a really short memory or you're delusional. i don't like intellectual dishonesty.

you know very well that the repubs filibustered everything and said they wouldn't do another thing until tax cuts passed.

or have you forgotten that already?

And we would all have been better off had none of these passed. Just more bloated meaningless government, that's all.

The really meaningful policies are making sure millionaires get a tax break. And it's not as if they could do any real good with the extra cash. Or even that without those breaks the republic would collapse.

That 'meaningless' meme is the sound a frustrated partisan makes just as the light bulb over his head goes on to revel the political defeat he just suffered.

Their taxes will stay the same.

Obama ran up $3T in new debt without raising income taxes.

Why does he suddenly expect Republicans to pay for it now?

So.. the dems got DADT repealed

got the START treaty confirmed

i wonder who's agenda mattered more?

but apparently the lame duck wasn't so lame. :thup:

oh...and the president's approval rating is higher than chris christie's ... oops

Surprise: Barack Obama’s Approval Rating Is Higher Than That of Chris Christie | VF Daily | Vanity Fair

Yes, the recession is over. NO one has a fucking job but the fucking recession is over. thank you libturds thanks you.

i thought you righties believe that if you don't have a job its because you're lazy.

go out and work.

so.. The dems got dadt repealed

got the start treaty confirmed

I wonder who's agenda mattered more?

But apparently the lame duck wasn't so lame. :thup:

Oh...and the president's approval rating is higher than chris christie's ... Oops

and quadrupled the fucking national debt, now your great great grandchildren will get to pay for your stupidity.

I guess that would be your definition of partisan but not mine, lol. I believe the last time that I actually recall agreeing on what the pres or congress did is when Clinton and the R's were working together somewhat.

Ask Hank Paulson.

i thought you righties believe that if you don't have a job its because you're lazy.

go out and work.

I don't work, I'm retired, unlike you who say you work but piss around on the computer all day.

so.. The dems got dadt repealed

got the start treaty confirmed

I wonder who's agenda mattered more?

But apparently the lame duck wasn't so lame. :thup:

Oh...and the president's approval rating is higher than chris christie's ... Oops

and quadrupled the fucking national debt, now your great great grandchildren will get to pay for your stupidity.

The national debt is now $40 Trillion? Wow that happened fast. Hasn't even hit the news markets yet.

you have a really short memory or you're delusional. i don't like intellectual dishonesty.
Yes - your self-loathing is -quite- evident.

No matter how -you- want to spin it:
-The Obama sided with the GOP on the tax cuts
-The Obama forces the Dems to accept and pass the tax cuts.
-The tax cuts would not have passed had The Obama not sided with the GOP and forced the Dems to accept them.

So, if you should call anyone's office and tell them to stop fighting for tax cut for the rich -- the White House switchboard number is 202-456-1414.

Fact of the matter is, The Obama sold out his ideological integrity for partisan political expediency.

Last edited:

Ask Hank Paulson.

You mean the TARP outlays? The ones that were paid back with interest?

Where did the other $2T come from?

go out and work.

I don't work, I'm retired, unlike you who say you work but piss around on the computer all day.

all day? you sure about that? or is it my a.m. and lunchtime and on and off after dinner?

today doesn't count. i'm home sick.

Forum List

Back