Debt Ceiling Threats Not a Winning Formula

your little tool will be snatched from your hands

If my "tool" was in your hands...I'd cut it off to escape..:clap2::D:badgrin:

ROTFL.gif

Why are you obfuscating?

Do we have plenty of cashflow to pay our debt service, or not?

I have full confidence that if republicans refuse to raise the debt ceiling, democrats will be just as petty and make sure that pain is felt by the American people, so they know to blame the GOP.

Yes, in the short term, we could survive a few months without raising the ceiling, but you forget that what bills get paid, and what doesn't is in the hands of the dems. Last time, it was active duty military and federal workers on the chopping block, who knows who will live in fear this time.

I didn't ask you if we could 'survive' not increasing the debt ceiling for any length of time.

I was asking you if you were a fraud and liar by claiming - repeatedly - that not raising the debt ceiling is a default on our debt obligations.

Thanks for answering!

LOL

Not raising the debt ceiling is a default on our bills. It means there will not be enough money to pay for what congress has already spent. You know this, by you're being purposefully obtuse, as per usual from you.

I have full confidence that if republicans refuse to raise the debt ceiling, democrats will be just as petty and make sure that pain is felt by the American people, so they know to blame the GOP.

Yes, in the short term, we could survive a few months without raising the ceiling, but you forget that what bills get paid, and what doesn't is in the hands of the dems. Last time, it was active duty military and federal workers on the chopping block, who knows who will live in fear this time.

I didn't ask you if we could 'survive' not increasing the debt ceiling for any length of time.

I was asking you if you were a fraud and liar by claiming - repeatedly - that not raising the debt ceiling is a default on our debt obligations.

Thanks for answering!

LOL

Not raising the debt ceiling is a default on our bills. It means there will not be enough money to pay for what congress has already spent. You know this, by you're being purposefully obtuse, as per usual from you.

You have changed your tune to bills versus debts, haven't you?

LOL

dance monkey dance

And you are just fucking ignorant if you think that because something is budgeted means that it must be spent.

LOL

they have enough to pay the interest on the debt and that is all that is required. if the debt ceiling keeps rising though it will not be long before we will not be able to even keep up with the interest payments. It's time to hold the nation hostage and to force both DEMOCRATS and REPUBLICANS to halt the insane spending.

No it won't FORCE anyone to do anything other than point fingers and blame the other side. Then it's just a PR battle to see who wins. (While EVERYONE ELSE losses).
If we refuse to play that game - if we DEMAND fiscally responsibility on EVERY front - then we have a chance to really get things under control.

If we just continue to buy into the hyper-partisan rhetoric and misdirection, then everyone is going to conduct business as usual and just try to get better at blaming the other guy for it.

Thanks for answering!

LOL

LOL

dance monkey dance

And you are just fucking ignorant if you think that because something is budgeted means that it must be spent.

LOL

Exactly! On a state level here in NJ they rip up the NJ Turnpike extension to the Holland Tunnel every year. Causing nightmares with traffic. Why? Because if they don't spend it then it would NOT be re-allocated on the same level the following year. But...they don't have to spend it.

If one has a household budget do they have to spend it?

And on and on...

Last edited:

Thanks for answering!

LOL

and you're just a useful, hyper-partisan idiot if you think

LOL

dance monkey dance

LOL

and you're just a useful, hyper-partisan idiot if you think holding the country's financial future hostage in protest over funding bills that your side opposes is a legitimate political weapon.

It is the definition of "MY WAY or we'll all be damned". You have a lot in common with the Al Qaida suicide bomber crowd.

LOL

dance monkey dance

LOL

and you're just a useful, hyper-partisan idiot if you think holding the country's financial future hostage in protest over funding bills that your side opposes is a legitimate political weapon.

It is the definition of MY WAY or we'll all be damned. You have a lot in common with the Al Qaida crowd.

You have a very one-sided warped way of looking at this. When oBUMa did virtually the same thing you were silent.

"I get that for free"

Now you're Mr. Bipartisanship when you think the House has a chance of getting their way and a way best for the nation.

LOL

dance monkey dance

LOL

It is the definition of MY WAY or we'll all be damned. You have a lot in common with the Al Qaida crowd.

You have a very one-sided warped way of looking at this. When oBUMa did virtually the same thing you were silent.

"I get that for free"

Now you're Mr. Bipartisanship when you think the House has a chance of getting their way and a way best for the nation.

That, or he is a fucking idiot who has never managed a budget.

"I get that for free"

Who knows? Maybe both? :confused:

"I get that for free"

You are about the most dishonest poster I've encountered on these boards. You will make up virtually ANYTHING to TRY to smear someone.

You follow me around on these board like a lost puppy (or stalker??) just trying to bait me with outrageous made up crap. When you start losing an argument (which is virtually every time) you just start pulling smears out of your butt.

Thanks for dropping by.

LOL

dance monkey dance

LOL

"I get that for free"

Yeah yeah - it's easy to invent someone to argue with, when the real person has kicked your a$$ - you've already demonstrated that you have absoluitely no idea what the debt ceiling is, what it funds, and what impact it has on the financial health of this nation.

And you want to pretend the guy who just schooled you on it "has never managed a budget" or some other invented smear you pull out of your butt.

You believbe what you want to believe - there's no law against stupidity in this country (if there were - you'd be on death row bub) I'm just so very grateful that your ilk are in the minority. AND I AM MORE COMMITTED THAN EVER TO MAKE SURE YOU STAY THERE.

Last edited:

"I get that for free"

Yeah yeah - it's easy to invent someone to argue with, when the real person has kicked your a$$ - you've already demonstrated that you have absoluitely no idea what the debt ceiling is, what it funds, and what impact it has on the financial health of this nation.

And you want to pretend the guy who just schooled you on it "has never managed a budget" or some other invented smear you pull out of your butt.

You believbe what you want to believe - there's no law against stupidity in this country (if there were - you'd be on death row bub) I'm just so very grateful that your ilk are in the minority.

Yeah, yeah yeah..youi just made the same whine to Sniper.

Come back when you have a case and can state it clearly and win...what you win is beyond me...but win nevertheless. Amy even helped and youand you still failed miserably. At least she backpeddled when she realized she was wrong.

Last edited:

I think it has to be.
I don't want either side to be able to use this as a weapon. It's too stupid and it has far too much negative impact on innocent bystanders.

Only a bitter, vindictive, moron would even consider it. Therfore it serves no purpose. Eliminate it.

I think it has to be.
I don't want either side to be able to use this as a weapon. It's too stupid and it has far too much negative impact on innocent bystanders.

Only a bitter, vindictive, moron would even consider it. Therfore it serves no purpose. Eliminate it.

Now he too wants to snatch "my tool"...:D:badgrin::clap2:

Thanks for answering!

LOL

You're right on the money. I think justify this type of fiscal irresponsibilty requires some self deception. No one who really understands it, can honestly justify it.

Forum List

Back