Debt Ceiling Threats Not a Winning Formula

Guys - if you don'ty understand what the debt ceiling is, what it "authorizes," and how it impacts business, investments, and individuals, (and many of your popsts make it very clear that you do not) then don't be surprised or miffed when we blow off your "insightful" advice.

I don't think Republicans in the House are as ill informed. They know EXACTLY what they are doing and why. They're banking on your ignorance to shield them from the consequences.

Does the US Federal government have adequate monthly cashflow for debt service, or not?

If you are actually versed on the subject, you could answer this question instantly.

Unless, of course, you are an obfuscating libtard pretending to be something else.

LOL

Guys - if you don'ty understand what the debt ceiling is, what it "authorizes," and how it impacts business, investments, and individuals, (and many of your popsts make it very clear that you do not) then don't be surprised or miffed when we blow off your "insightful" advice.

I don't think Republicans in the House are as ill informed. They know EXACTLY what they are doing and why. They're banking on your ignorance to shield them from the consequences.

Does the US Federal government have adequate monthly cashflow for debt service, or not?

If you are actually versed on the subject, you could answer this question instantly.

Unless, of course, you are an obfuscating libtard pretending to be something else.

LOL

They won't answer. Easier to talk about and blame the cause rather than discuss the solution.

Boooooooooooooosh.

as if not controlling the debt doesn't affect real people huh? is that your stupid arguement?

There are better ways to bargain for spending cuts than to threaten default. We are looking at yet another credit downgrade because congress has yet to raise the debt ceiling.

Why are you obfuscating?

Do we have plenty of cashflow to pay our debt service, or not?

I have full confidence that if republicans refuse to raise the debt ceiling, democrats will be just as petty and make sure that pain is felt by the American people, so they know to blame the GOP.

Yes, in the short term, we could survive a few months without raising the ceiling, but you forget that what bills get paid, and what doesn't is in the hands of the dems. Last time, it was active duty military and federal workers on the chopping block, who knows who will live in fear this time.

There are better ways to bargain for spending cuts than to threaten default. We are looking at yet another credit downgrade because congress has yet to raise the debt ceiling.

Why are you obfuscating?

I have full confidence that if republicans refuse to raise the debt ceiling, democrats will be just as petty and make sure that pain is felt by the American people, so they know to blame the GOP.

Yes, in the short term, we could survive a few months without raising the ceiling, but you forget that what bills get paid, and what doesn't is in the hands of the dems. Last time, it was active duty military and federal workers on the chopping block, who knows who will live in fear this time.

Then take it up with the Dems...

LOL

they have enough to pay the interest on the debt and that is all that is required. if the debt ceiling keeps rising though it will not be long before we will not be able to even keep up with the interest payments. It's time to hold the nation hostage and to force both DEMOCRATS and REPUBLICANS to halt the insane spending.

The Party that brought us the first downgrade ever...wants to pretend to be fiscal experts.

EXACTLY - why would I think Republicans are any more fiscally responsible than Democrats?

A. Bush left office National Debt 10 Trillion. that debt was incurred by Bush and all Presidents who served before him.

B. After four years in office the National debt is 16 Trillion... so that's a plus six for obama alone.

C. Care to guess what it will be after his total of eight years? I'm guessing it will be 20 Trillion which means he will have doubled the debt left by Bush and all the other presidents before him combined.

So Obama was supposed to just quit funding two wars - overnight. snap - no more money.

EVERY administration is pretty much obligated to honor the vast majority of the spending committments previous administrations have passed.

And EVERY president has pursuaded congress to authorize his own new spending on top of that. Obama has authorized less new spending than most and far less than Bush. That's an explanation - not an excuse. EVERYONE has been spending WAY too much - period.

But instead of trying to point fingers and play the blame game (like both parties are BEGGING us to do) why don't we demand that EVERYONE act in a fiscally responsible manner? Jerking everyone around on the debt ceiling is NOT fiscally responsible. Overspending is NOT fiscally responsible. Two wrongs don't make a right. Don't bicker and finger point - FIX the problems.

Last edited:

Why are you obfuscating?

I didn't ask you if we could 'survive' not increasing the debt ceiling for any length of time.

I was asking you if you were a fraud and liar by claiming - repeatedly - that not raising the debt ceiling is a default on our debt obligations.

Thanks for answering!

LOL

Why are you obfuscating?

I bet she voted for obama even AFTER he threatened to cut off her livelihood.

LOL

they have enough to pay the interest on the debt and that is all that is required. if the debt ceiling keeps rising though it will not be long before we will not be able to even keep up with the interest payments. It's time to hold the nation hostage and to force both DEMOCRATS and REPUBLICANS to halt the insane spending.

He wont let you get that far

I bet she voted for obama even AFTER he threatened to cut off her livelihood.

No doubt. They may have won but no one said they are bright.

Forum List

Back