Debt Ceiling Threats Not a Winning Formula

You know what? When you are supposed to be in negoiations with anyone, you have to lay out your position. And the rethugs never did that.

They want cuts. What do they want to cut? Social Security. OK what do they want to cut out of SSI? Don't know.
They want to cut Medicaid and Medicare. OK what cuts do they want? Don't know.
They want to cut or eliminate certain governmnet programs, But what programs? Don't know.

Are the Dems just suppose to roll over and make all the hard decisons for the rethugs. Or do the rethugs want to participate.

Because the rethug suck at the negioate part, real bad. I mean who is stupid enough to wait until the last possible moment to negoiate an important bill. Without having any leverage?

Rethugs are that stupid. Or they really could care less about cutting spending.

I noticed Mitch the Bitch McConnel nor Bob Corker made one effort to keep the pork going to the race car tracks out of the just passed bill. Why you think that was? Got all these Rethugs down south in NASCAR country and not one stopped the give away to the track owners. Pitiful. Where was Randy Paul?

So the rethugs got to help their friends in NASCAR and the Dems got to help their friends in the movie industry.

Not a single person did anything to stop the pork. Matter of fact, they included that pork in the bill as the cost for their support. Dems and Rethugs both.

We are being played folks. No doubt about it.

How is borrowing money paying bills?? My God, you liberals are literally brain dead.

Do I really have to explain it to you? Seriously?

Yes you do because the rw's STILL do not know what the debt ceiling is.

I'm wondering how a party is going to re-brand themselves as the party of fiscal responsibility by threatening not to pay their bills?

Looking back to our Big Spenders - Reagan and King Bush the Second, that's what they did.

Somewhere, there are videos of them running through congress, screaming CHARGE IT!

Ok - that's funny (but a little sad since it is so accurate.) And it amazes me that there are those who seem to think the Republican Party has earned some fiscal credibility.

Go figure.

I still don't follow your thinking, Mac. What "humungous changes" were the GOP trying to cram down America's throat? Entitlement reform? Spending cuts? The fact of the matter is you can't find a reputable economist who won't say that both things HAVE to happen in order for us to remain solvent yet you treat the GOP's request for both in the same light as a call for a complete ban on abortion. What's almost farcical is that what the GOP proposed wasn't even close to what we really need...it was just a step in the right direction but they were attacked for proposing that small step with accusations that they wanted to do away with every Federal agency, dissolve Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid which was ridiculous. The American people need to be informed that things cannot go on as they are...the numbers simply don't work and anyone who says they will work is flat out lying to us. The problem we now face is that we have a left wing dominated main stream media that refuses to "go" with that story simply because they're in favor of big government and more entitlements and don't really care about it being fiscally doable.

We just had a 41 to 1 "compromise"...tax increases to spending cuts...yet you're here saying that the GOP needs to learn to be more patient? Wow! You're 100% correct that over the past sixty years that the American people have been made "dependent" but the simple truth is that we don't have sixty years to correct the fiscal corner that we've painted ourselves into.

Oldstyle, I was about to try again, but I really don't know how else to put it. I'd just being the same stuff in a different way. I guess we're just going to have to disagree. I appreciate the civil discussion, though.

With all due respect, Mac...you're a little vague on what that "different way" should be. How do you propose that the GOP counter Democratic "giveaways"? The sad fact is that Americans ARE now dependent and don't want to give up the freebies.

154548_517531258268744_1402055753_n.jpg

How is borrowing money paying bills?? My God, you liberals are literally brain dead.

I'm wondering how a party is going to re-brand themselves as the party of fiscal responsibility by threatening not to pay their bills?

Looking back to our Big Spenders - Reagan and King Bush the Second, that's what they did.

Somewhere, there are videos of them running through congress, screaming CHARGE IT!

Prince O has racked up 7 trillion in 4 years, more spending than Reagan and Bush combined over 16 years.

Ok - that's funny (but a little sad since it is so accurate.) And it amazes me that there are those who seem to think the Republican Party has earned some fiscal credibility.

Go figure.

Wasn't it Limbaugh who stole the maxim that advises to accuse the other side to do what you yourself are doing?

The rw's accuse the Ds of raising taxes while they love the Rs for spending, spending, spending but never repaying.

Now, the Rs say they want fiscal responsibility but, as usual, they want the poorest to pay for the richest.

Go figure.

Except luddy continues his lies as O has made Bush look like a penny pincher.

Funny how the left-wing moonbats shit themselves for 8 years of Bush over deficits.. now they're applauding spending more in 4 years than Bush spent in 8 and are demanding doubling down on that!

:lol:

... the Dems got to help their friends in the movie industry...

Just an aside -

I think there are a lot of questions about that bill and about who got pork and why BUT, the reason for a tax break to movie producers is to compete with Canada. As it is, American movies are made in Canada because its a lot more profitable than making them in the US.

Canada makes a bundle off our movies. Why shouldn't those profits go the US? Why not US jobs and US business?

Go figure.

Wasn't it Limbaugh who stole the maxim that advises to accuse the other side to do what you yourself are doing?

The rw's accuse the Ds of raising taxes while they love the Rs for spending, spending, spending but never repaying.

Now, the Rs say they want fiscal responsibility but, as usual, they want the poorest to pay for the richest.

Did you and TM have another vodka breakfast? 'Cause this makes no motherfucking sense whatsoever.

We just got a major tax increase on the middle class as well as the wealthy and little if any cuts in spending and no entitlement reform. Get used to it, Kiddies. You elected this guy. He's a tax and spend liberal and now he's going to raise your taxes because that is what tax and spend liberals "do".

Does anyone remember Obama's pledge that taxes wouldn't be going up for the middle class? Shouldn't be hard...he only made it about two months ago. Time to ask yourself just how naive you really are.

Just an aside -

I think there are a lot of questions about that bill and about who got pork and why BUT, the reason for a tax break to movie producers is to compete with Canada. As it is, American movies are made in Canada because its a lot more profitable than making them in the US.

Canada makes a bundle off our movies. Why shouldn't those profits go the US? Why not US jobs and US business?

Does that not tell you something? Think about it.

We just got a major tax increase on the middle class as well as the wealthy and little if any cuts in spending and no entitlement reform. Get used to it, Kiddies. You elected this guy. He's a tax and spend liberal and now he's going to raise your taxes because that is what tax and spend liberals "do".

Does anyone remember Obama's pledge that taxes wouldn't be going up for the middle class? Shouldn't be hard...he only made it about two months ago. Time to ask yourself just how naive you really are.

And how naive are those who think the Republicans have performed any better?

The only difference is that Republicans cut taxes while they spend like drunken sailors.

taxes on the middle didnt go up.

a temporary tax break did expire but that was the plan when it was given.

Prince O has racked up 7 trillion in 4 years, more spending than Reagan and Bush combined over 16 years.

You have never cared much for facts but here they are anyway.

National Debt Graph by President

What about Obama? Notice how the debt accelerated during Bush's last two budget years. Obama's debt is a continuation of that trend and neither Bush nor Obama are directly responsible for that acceleration. It happened because of the recession. Bush set the all-time record by increasing the debt by $1.1 trillion in 100 days between July 30 and Nov 9, 2008—but that had little to do with his choices.

Recessions cut tax revenues—in this case, dramatically. That accounts for nearly half of the deficit. So blaming Obama for the full deficit is like blaming him for not raising the tax rate to keep tax revenues up. Most of the increased spending is automatic increases in unemployment benefits, food stamps, and social security payments for early retirement. Very little of it is from stimulus spending, and that's over.

And how naive are those who think the Republicans have performed any better?

The only difference is that Republicans cut taxes while they spend like drunken sailors.

Ah, but at least the GOP is making an effort to rein in spending, Dog...the election of tea party candidates proves that. Those newly elected representatives however have to fight against both progressives in the Democratic Party and many long time Republicans who spend just as badly as those across the aisle.

Just an aside -

Does that not tell you something? Think about it.

Movies aren't made in Canada only because it's more profitable. They are making movies in Canada because making movies has largely been regulated out of the US. The permitting process alone takes months, all adding to the costs of the bottom line. Admittedly, this was by Hollywood's design. They intended to drive filmmakers out through a complicated morass of rules, regulations, permits and payments. To the politicians the movie makers were evil, exploitative, and made money on the very backs of the people living in the cities, so they were forced out.

I jsut dont understand how they get so many cons to believe all the lies they tell about reagan.

how can a group of people be such sheep

Forum List

Back