Death penalty is wrong

We Liberals didnt let him out nor did the Conservatives. Those who duid let him out are as guilty as he was.

As long as "life in prison" means 3 hots and a cot, computers, job training, big screen t.v.s, time to hang out and play in the yard and NOT be in prison for LIFE, then I am for the death penalty.

Now, when "life in prison" means a cot and a hole in the ground in an 8X8 concrete room, no t.v., basic food and water and they never the sky again, then we'll talk.

I'm in favor of putting them in deep spiritual retreat that includes work for pay with the proceeds going to families of the victims. I think they ought to see their teacher, or priest, and have spiritual literature and training.

If they are mentally ill,they should get medication and treatment.

I think they should have some open air exercise and at least a high window for light.

I don't think they should be tortured.

Spiritual retreat with access to a teacher, priest, and literature. Open air exercise, windows for light.

If only some of their victims could enjoy such luxury.

True enough. I support Victim Compensation.

what about bin laden or mcveigh?

Bin Laden shouldn't live; I have a problem with people like him being kept alive.

McVeigh I would say kill but that fucktard was afraid of prison and small spaces so I would of kept him alive so he could "enjoy" prison. :eusa_whistle:

I'm in favor of putting them in deep spiritual retreat that includes work for pay with the proceeds going to families of the victims. I think they ought to see their teacher, or priest, and have spiritual literature and training.

I think they should have some open air exercise and at least a high window for light.

Spiritual retreat with access to a teacher, priest, and literature. Open air exercise, windows for light.

How do you compensate something like what happened to Mary Vincent (Singleton's victim)?

How do you compensate a parent for losing their spouse? Or for losing their child?

What is the going compensation rate for a life these days?

what about bin laden or mcveigh?

Bin Laden shouldn't live; I have a problem with people like him being kept alive.

McVeigh I would say kill but that fucktard was afraid of prison and small spaces so I would of kept him alive so he could "enjoy" prison. :eusa_whistle:

I say rebuild the Twins, cut bin laden's head off and put it on the antenna.

CaféAuLait;1071012 said:
They let him out therefore they are as guilty as he was.

Bullshit

It’s you bleeding hearts that cry for the rights of pedophiles and murderers and swear they can be rehabilitated and released back into society!!

I don't know who you're talking to but I don't believe murderers should be released back into society.

Some are in fact, rehabilitated. Jarvis Masters is an example. I know him personally. He's on death row in San Quentin.

As to pedophiles, they are not easily rehabilitated. Some can be, if they are caught early, before they progress into violence.

The problem is that they are released, often without support, and being harassed in the community doesn't help them.

It's scary.

Pedophilia is a compulsion characterized by denial.

How would you compensate her, how would you stop her nightmares and pain, what would be "just" compensation?

MARY%20VINCENT%20221973.jpg

And Jeffrey Dahmer ( another pedophile who was released and went onto kill children and men ) you think your spiritual retreat would have stopped him?

CaféAuLait;1071066 said:

How would you compensate her, how would you stop her nightmares and pain, what would be "just" compensation?

And Jeffrey Dahmer ( another pedophile who was released and went onto kill children and men ) you think your spiritual retreat would have stopped him?

There is no 'just' compensation for victims. There are funds for trauma/ptsd treatment for victims.

I never said a spiritual retreat would have stopped Jeffrey Dahmer.

If anyone is in need of spiritual practice it's the hopeless cases like Dahmer. As it turns out, you know very well he was murdered in prision.

CaféAuLait;1071066 said:

There is no 'just' compensation for victims. There are funds for trauma/ptsd treatment for victims.

I never said a spiritual retreat would have stopped Jeffrey Dahmer.

If anyone is in need of spiritual practice it's the hopeless cases like Dahmer. As it turns out, you know very well he was murdered in prision.

He could have been stopped with his first pedophile arrest. How many children did he kill? What woould be the purpose of your spirtual retreat then? Some people are broken their mnds can't be fixed no matter what you do. They deserve to be removed from society for good and thier life stripped as they did to others.

You're entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine. I don't support the death penalty. I support LWOP.

As long as "life in prison" means 3 hots and a cot, computers, job training, big screen t.v.s, time to hang out and play in the yard and NOT be in prison for LIFE, then I am for the death penalty.

Now, when "life in prison" means a cot and a hole in the ground in an 8X8 concrete room, no t.v., basic food and water and they never the sky again, then we'll talk.

:clap2:

You're entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine. I don't support the death penalty. I support LWOP.

You know what is easy here. Most at least 99.999% of people KNOW the penalty for crime. Most know if you kill someone in cold blood you are going to be charged with murder and perhaps given the death penalty-- yet people try to get away with it and work the system or claim they have religious beliefs and are saved so let them out of jail they are rehabilitated!! It's like give me a free pass because I am saved, I am saved and I served 15 years and I only killed one person!! :eusa_hand:

We disagree. You have a cynical view of spiritual practice and prisoners. You're not going to convince me to change my mind, nor will I get you to change yours.

Last edited:
We disagree. You have a cynical view of spiritual practice and prisoners. You're not going to convince me to change my mind, nor will I get you to change yours.

Forget the spiritual practice-- since it seems to be a big deal for you. Do you agree that 99.999 percent of people know the death penalty is out there for murder?

Why should we give them a free pass because they don't want to die – a penalty for brutally murdering another human in many states? A penalty that is well known because of many people like yourself that oppose the death penalty—people KNOW what that are in for before they torture and kill 10 people—but some feel the need to. So they NEED to pay the price—simple really.

The death penalty is NOT a deterrent. LWOP is not a free pass.

LWOP rarely translates into "life". They get paroled and do it all over again.

Ergo LWOP is hardly a deterrent. 7 years in many cases =LWOP.

Life imprisonment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't get me started on the pleasantries "Lifers" have in prison. TV, radio, games, because people have pushed for THEIR rights, heck every week a idiotic prisoner sues the state ( we as taxpayers) because they are no comfortable and the bleeding hearts are right there behind them. :eusa_eh:What about the guy who said 3000 calories a day was making him starve and he was 400 pounds? Cell, bed and food. They need nothing else if they took a human life.

Take your hate and do something positive with it. Anything.

I am doing something positive--- assuring that more cowards and evil men like Singleton who repeatedly raped then sawed off his victims arms while she was conscience don’t get away with it- in assuring their sentences are carried out whether it be DEATH or True LWOP.

I am assuring that No other child will endure such-- very positive IMO.

Forum List

Back