Death penalty is wrong

As long as "life in prison" means 3 hots and a cot, computers, job training, big screen t.v.s, time to hang out and play in the yard and NOT be in prison for LIFE, then I am for the death penalty.

Now, when "life in prison" means a cot and a hole in the ground in an 8X8 concrete room, no t.v., basic food and water and they never the sky again, then we'll talk.

Sky, it's not revenge, hell it's not even about the justice, it's self defense. When you know someone is a threat to others and there is no way to get them to change their ways ... the law of "kill or be killed" takes place. You can't leave them in prison the rest of their lives. The really sad part is some even asked for the death penalty but were denied because of the opponents (they suffer more in prison and many find death too good for them).

Yeah that's incapacitation. Life in prison without parole, consecutive life sentences, or the death penalty each accomplish that. I don't see why you can't leave them in prison for the rest of their lives. That happens all the time.

Sky, it's not revenge, hell it's not even about the justice, it's self defense. When you know someone is a threat to others and there is no way to get them to change their ways ... the law of "kill or be killed" takes place. You can't leave them in prison the rest of their lives. The really sad part is some even asked for the death penalty but were denied because of the opponents (they suffer more in prison and many find death too good for them).

Yeah that's incapacitation. Life in prison without parole, consecutive life sentences, or the death penalty each accomplish that. I don't see why you can't leave them in prison for the rest of their lives. That happens all the time.

People get tired of spending the tax dollars to put keep them in prison. Trouble is, it costs more to kill them.

People get tired of spending the tax dollars to put keep them in prison. Trouble is, it costs more to kill them.

That's true. Lawyers cost more than prison guards, but we would have cause to be even more concerned about killing innocent people if we tried to make the appeals process cheaper.

That's true. Lawyers cost more than prison guards, but we would have cause to be even more concerned about killing innocent people if we tried to make the appeals process cheaper.

with DNA, I don't know how that could still be a problem.

Very true. I think people would be more willing to let them sit in prison for life is life meant the rest of their lives. No rehabilitation, no second chance.

Rest of their life.

Very true. I think people would be more willing to let them sit in prison for life is life meant the rest of their lives. No rehabilitation, no second chance.

Rest of their life.

agreed.

Depends on the case. Evidence is often partially degraded. Juries sometimes don't know the difference between "cannot exclude" the person and "there's a 1 in a trillion chance it wasn't them." Either because they're that stupid or one of the lawyers intentionally misled them. The system can't be perfect because people cannot be. I don't see what would be wrong with putting them to work (60+ hours per week) and then maybe they'll be exonerated by tomorrow's technology.

Depends on the case. Evidence is often partially degraded. Juries sometimes don't know the difference between "cannot exclude" the person and "there's a 1 in a trillion chance it wasn't them." Either because they're that stupid or one of the lawyers intentionally misled them. The system can't be perfect because people cannot be. I don't see what would be wrong with putting them to work (60+ hours per week) and then maybe they'll be exonerated by tomorrow's technology.
i respect all that but I have a problem with the bin Ladens of the world being able to live.

Problem is, most lifers find a way out, using loopholes and laws originally intended to protect the wrongly accused.

I'd like to see statistics that back your claim that most LWOP find a way out. That's true in Britain, but not in the US. The only way they get out is when they die.

CaféAuLait;1070293 said:
When your 5 year old daughter has been raped and mutilated slowly over a period of 5 days-- then her arms cut off while alive and finally beheaded-- wait there’s more... AND then you find out that the man who did such was just released from a “life” prison sentence because he was allowed to go free due to “good” behavior a few months before he grabbed your baby-- get back to me on why the death penalty is a “crime”. Oh and while your at it—try to get over your nightmares where you hear your little girl screaming “mommy stop him” or “help me” or “Mommy where are you”….

Some men deserve to die—they deserve to die the same way they took a life—they stripped another of their human rights and no longer deserve a damn thing but death.

In which jurisdiction did this occur?

Why don't you start with Lawrence Singleton? He cut the arms off of his victim and left her to die he was RELEASED from prison in less than 8 years to kill . Move onto John Couey ( buried a 8 year old alive after being arrested for pedophilia) and any other pedophile who reoffended.

These stories are not new and we have convicted pedophiles running the streets reoffending and raping and KILLING innocent children.

Bleeding hearts give more rights to the animals like Singleton than they do victim and those who commit the crimes.

Let ‘em live in your neighborhood. Let the pedophiles, rapists and murders out and in your neighborhoods with YOUR children and your wives. These cases are not rare—you just like to ignore them .

Lawrence Singleton's victim-- lives with her nightmare....

MARY%20VINCENT%20221973.jpg

Singleton's story;

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2002/01/01/MN225792.DTL

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;1070293 said:
When your 5 year old daughter has been raped and mutilated slowly over a period of 5 days-- then her arms cut off while alive and finally beheaded-- wait there’s more... AND then you find out that the man who did such was just released from a “life” prison sentence because he was allowed to go free due to “good” behavior a few months before he grabbed your baby-- get back to me on why the death penalty is a “crime”. Oh and while your at it—try to get over your nightmares where you hear your little girl screaming “mommy stop him” or “help me” or “Mommy where are you”….

Some men deserve to die—they deserve to die the same way they took a life—they stripped another of their human rights and no longer deserve a damn thing but death.

In which jurisdiction did this occur?

If what you claim is true, and I have my doubts, then the people who released him from prison are to blame and it is they who should be punished.

Ahhh yes, blame anyone but the offender!

They let him out therefore they are as guilty as he was.

They let him out therefore they are as guilty as he was.

Perhaps the reason he was freed was because the law stated such.

Oh wait...I just said it was the laws fault.

Damn.

As long as "life in prison" means 3 hots and a cot, computers, job training, big screen t.v.s, time to hang out and play in the yard and NOT be in prison for LIFE, then I am for the death penalty.

Now, when "life in prison" means a cot and a hole in the ground in an 8X8 concrete room, no t.v., basic food and water and they never the sky again, then we'll talk.

I'm in favor of putting them in deep spiritual retreat that includes work for pay with the proceeds going to families of the victims. I think they ought to see their teacher, or priest, and have spiritual literature and training.

If they are mentally ill,they should get medication and treatment.

I think they should have some open air exercise and at least a high window for light.

I don't think they should be tortured.

I'm in favor of putting them in deep spiritual retreat that includes work for pay with the proceeds going to families of the victims. I think they ought to see their teacher, or priest, and have spiritual literature and training.

If they are mentally ill,they should get medication and treatment.

I think they should have some open air exercise and at least a high window for light.

I don't think they should be tortured.

Spiritual retreat with access to a teacher, priest, and literature. Open air exercise, windows for light.

If only some of their victims could enjoy such luxury.

Forum List

Back