Deal made- gov. stays open..

But dagnammit, you should vote for your "tea party" candidate because they "promise" to cut spending. Screw that shit.

Immie

Who should we vote for, Harry Reid, Nazi Pelosi and Bawney Fwank?

Neither of them would be on my list.

I've got no solution, but don't tell me that the Tea Party is any different than Democrats or Republicans. And for God's sake, don't tell me that the Tea Party is here to save the day! If they are we're already screwed.

Personally, I think if someone wants the job, they should be automatically disqualified from holding office.

Immie

How did they vote? There were Republicans that voted against the deal, including that dreadful Bachmann woman. Of all the Republicans currently in the House, how many are 'new?' Most are the same elites that the Democrats are, not a whit of difference, other than which groups they attempt to appeal to. My Congressman, Peter Roskum wanted more cuts, but knew when to say, ok. It's a start.

I said before that if the tea parties find themselves co-opted by the extreme social conservatives, they will break off, again. The tea parties at core are about government size, federalist system, and spending. That's pretty much it. Electing a handful won't change the elites of the party, not at the core. That they managed to cut what they did is a very good start.

No more talk of cap and trade. No expansion, possible reduction in Obama Care. Tax increases were not implemented in December. Remember any of these things?

Business as usual.Total surrender by the GOP,Is time to clean house and vote them all out.The Tea party will now have to get bigger and split off the GOP.Both partys are corrupt and will NEVER
balance the budget!

I'm tired of the "conservative" assholes on this board carping. You weren't there. You aren't responsible for a bunch of stuff. Yeah you can sit on mommy's couch eat pizza and grouse that Boehner didnt get enough.

Let's review: He managed to get an unprecedented number of cuts in the budget against a Senate and White House controlled by Democrats. He got pretty much what he wanted at the start. This was the best deal we were likely to get. Burning down the country doesn't sound liek a great idea. Martyrs are for Muslims.

Great job, John Boehner. You will go down as one of the greatest speakers in Congressional history, after one of the worst.

Business as usual.Total surrender by the GOP,Is time to clean house and vote them all out.The Tea party will now have to get bigger and split off the GOP.Both partys are corrupt and will NEVER
balance the budget!

I'm tired of the "conservative" assholes on this board carping. You weren't there. You aren't responsible for a bunch of stuff. Yeah you can sit on mommy's couch eat pizza and grouse that Boehner didnt get enough.

Let's review: He managed to get an unprecedented number of cuts in the budget against a Senate and White House controlled by Democrats. He got pretty much what he wanted at the start. This was the best deal we were likely to get. Burning down the country doesn't sound liek a great idea. Martyrs are for Muslims.

Great job, John Boehner. You will go down as one of the greatest speakers in Congressional history, after one of the worst.

Yep, and they can bitch and call the Tea Party all the frickin names they want too. they didn't get their 100 million but they won the first round at nearly 40 billion. in the immortal words of Bette Davis and her great big eyes "Fasten Your Seat Belts, it's gonna be a bumpy ride" Yay tea party Yay Speaker of the House John Boehner, Yay Eric Cantor,, Yay Paul Ryan..

$38 Billion is a drop in the bucket when you consider they run a $200 Billion or more deficit each month of the year. In February the shortest month of the year,the deficit was over $200 Billion. So $38 Billion is nothing to get too excited about,but it is a start. It's just good to see the Republicans moving back towards Conservatism. I didn't think i would ever see that again. So i'll just take what i can get at this point. Real cuts will be achieved when or if the Republicans take the Senate & White House back. Not much more can be achieved until that happens. They did ok for only controlling the House of Representatives. Lets just hope the Republicans keep on moving in this right direction.

You have to ask yourself a question: if it's this hard to get 38 bilion in cuts from the democrats, how the hell are we going to get anything meaningful done to the 2012 deficit of 1.6 trillion? They were already talking about killing women this time, what'll they be saying next?

Will the GOP be able to get much of anything in return for raising the debt limit? I don't think so, the democrats will not budge on that and say the republicans are responsibile for defaulting on the debt. Can the democrats continue to give ground and expect to be competitive in 2012? I don't think so, they have to plant their flag in the ground at some point and retreat no further until the elections are over.

Who should we vote for, Harry Reid, Nazi Pelosi and Bawney Fwank?

Neither of them would be on my list.

I've got no solution, but don't tell me that the Tea Party is any different than Democrats or Republicans. And for God's sake, don't tell me that the Tea Party is here to save the day! If they are we're already screwed.

Personally, I think if someone wants the job, they should be automatically disqualified from holding office.

Immie

How did they vote? There were Republicans that voted against the deal, including that dreadful Bachmann woman. Of all the Republicans currently in the House, how many are 'new?' Most are the same elites that the Democrats are, not a whit of difference, other than which groups they attempt to appeal to. My Congressman, Peter Roskum wanted more cuts, but knew when to say, ok. It's a start.

I said before that if the tea parties find themselves co-opted by the extreme social conservatives, they will break off, again. The tea parties at core are about government size, federalist system, and spending. That's pretty much it. Electing a handful won't change the elites of the party, not at the core. That they managed to cut what they did is a very good start.

No more talk of cap and trade. No expansion, possible reduction in Obama Care. Tax increases were not implemented in December. Remember any of these things?

Speaking as an active Tea Partier, I don't believe the Tea Party movement HAS been co-opted by social conservatives or anybody else. The Tea Party movement remains focused on Constitutional integrity, fiscal responsibility, and personal liberties.

I do think that the anti-Tea Party group try to identify certain people as spokespersons for the Tea Party purely because the Tea Party supported those personalities for election. That would not be accurate either as nobody is designated as spokesperson for the Tea Party. I think those who have failed to marginalize or demonize the Tea Party as hate mongers or racists or whatever have changed tactics and now try to attach social conservatism to it in an effort to damn it. I'm hoping that won't work for them either.

I've been a big supporter of the Tea Partiers from the beginning. But lately they've started to piss me off. They seem to only attack and criticize the people who are actually trying to get Big Government under control. They've been ripping Boehner & Ryan relentlessly over this Budget deal. I don't understand what more they think they could have gotten with only controlling the House of Representatives. I think Boehner & Ryan actually did an excellent job of leading on this. Do Tea Partiers really believe there would be any cuts at all if the Democrats still controlled the House?

People are starting to get sick of the Tea Partiers only directing their anger at the politicians who are at least trying to fix things. Boehner & Ryan deserve some praise on this. They fought incredibly hard for these cuts. Tea Partiers need to be more positive & encouraging. Their constant bitchin is only gonna cause many politicians to blow them off for good. They're putting these Politicians in a No-Win situation. They wont be worth the trouble if they keep it up. The Republicans are finally moving back to Conservatism. Don't blow it by by acting like cranky spoiled children. Lets encourage them to keep moving in the right direction. All this negativity isn't helping. Tea Partiers need to rethink all their attacks on the people who are at least trying. Otherwise they risk permanent obscurity & irrelevance.

balance the budget!

I understand there is a time to hold'em and fold'em. I do understand that there we real cuts made, I however am still struck by the fact that 100 billion, or as it appears a total of 80 which the country got back, was the best we could do.

Now, I agree and will give him some credit, but, they need to do much better for the next round in that a) the Republicans have a very poor ability to transmit their message, b) the msm are pathologically programmed to sppt. the dems and to an extent that forgives some of A, but not altogether.

I read an article printed in our local paper.... it said after all the hype Republicans only had to say 'yes' to 'something'. Geesh. There sure does seem to be a gulf.

Constant Tea Party bitchin & whining is really starting to piss me off. And if they lose me,they will be irrelevant. I'm one of the biggest supporters they have. They need to stop all the childish temper tantrums and start directing their anger at those who don't want to get Big Government under control. John Boehner and Paul Ryan fought hard and the Tea Partiers should give them some credit for this. Their constant attacks on them are really irritating me. So get it together Tea Partiers. Don't blow it.

balance the budget!

I understand there is a time to hold'em and fold'em. I do understand that there we real cuts made, I however am still struck by the fact that 100 billion, or as it appears a total of 80 which the country got back, was the best we could do.

Now, I agree and will give him some credit, but, they need to do much better for the next round in that a) the Republicans have a very poor ability to transmit their message, b) the msm are pathologically programmed to sppt. the dems and to an extent that forgives some of A, but not altogether.

Best we could do, right now. This budget only has 6 months to run. Then it's all over again. And after people see that grandma isn't eating dog food because of these budget cuts it will be easier to get more through. And get rid of EPA etc etc.

I'm about to end my affiliation with the Tea Partiers. They're just not acting like mature adults. These childish temper tantrums have to end. It's just not acceptable to be constantly attacking the Politicians who are out there fighting to reign in Big Government. The Tea Partiers owe Boehner,Ryan,and McConnell an apology. They got the cuts they were gonna get. As long as the Democrats control the Senate & White House,that's the way it will always be. Tea Partiers should direct their anger and frustration towards the 2012 Elections. You want real cuts? Vote all Democrats out of office.

Large cuts were proposed by the Republicans this time around but they had absolutely no chance of passing through a Democrat-controlled Senate & White House. Maybe Tea Partiers should take a few Civics courses? Many clearly do not understand how Government works. Attacking & blaming the guys who are actually trying to fix things is a childish approach. Time for Tea Partiers to grow up.

Constant Tea Party bitchin & whining is really starting to piss me off. And if they lose me,they will be irrelevant. I'm one of the biggest supporters they have. They need to stop all the childish temper tantrums and start directing their anger at those who don't want to get Big Government under control. John Boehner and Paul Ryan fought hard and the Tea Partiers should give them some credit for this. Their constant attacks on them are really irritating me. So get it together Tea Partiers. Don't blow it.

Boner never fought for anything. He quibbled away all the leverage the TEA party handed him. Time for him to go. I'll be donating money to his primary opponent in the next election.

Folks, be happy. The Tea Party tried very hard to strangle itself in its cradle this week but, fortunately for it, there was an adult in the room that wouldn't let it. Live to throw a tantrum another day.

"Adult" must be a euphemism meaning "spineless."

A britpat9643 sighting!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpSfThUv_pc]YouTube - Why waste a temper tantrum if nobody is around to see it????[/ame]

Boner never fought for anything. He quibbled away all the leverage the TEA party handed him. Time for him to go. I'll be donating money to his primary opponent in the next election.

I disagree. He got the cuts he was gonna get. There was no way larger cuts would ever pass through a Democrat-controlled Senate & White House. This is just reality. Tea Partiers are not being realistic and are actually looking pretty childish. Boehner & Ryan did fight hard. They should be praised and not attacked. Tea Partiers have their anger directed towards the wrong people. That's why i'm beginning to think many are just frauds. Many could be front-groups for the Democrats at this point. Maturity & realism need to win the day in the Tea Party Movement or they're all done.

Let's think about what the scenario would have been without the GOP controlling the House: Stimulus II.

The Dems would have been looking for ways to increase spending even more instead of arguing about how much to cut. Yes, the amount is small, but we are changing direction.

I just hope it's not too late.

Forum List

Back