Deal made- gov. stays open..

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
we'll see what the guts are soon...looking for a link. stand by!

here..

ABC News' Jake Tapper reports: A Republican Congressman tells ABC News, "the deal is done." The agreement provides for $38.5 billion in spending cuts over the next six months. The GOP has dropped its demand for an end to funding of Planned Parenthood. So--which party do you think came out on top?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/nightlined...down-averted-which-party-came-out-on-top.html

Last edited:
"Up to 40Billion in cuts."

Not nearly enough.

Fuck them all. It is time to clean house.

If it is incumbent, it has to go.

If it is DNC, or GOP, it better be fucking awesome to even get my attention.

They didn't get the message, so we need to send it again in 2012, even louder this time.

Don't vote "FOR" anyone. Vote "AGAINST" them all. It simply can't be any worse.

Yes, Boehner caved. No rider for women's health.
Sweet.

The battle lines are now more clearly drawn.

Fuck that asshole and all of his DC insider neocon asshole hangers-on.

Reid knows they can be had. The RNC will not see a dime from me, again, in this forth coming cycle.

McConnell to, he can take it on the arches too.

I love the way they are congratulating and thanking each other.....

Last edited:
We should be angry that they're not shutting down completely, thoroughly, and permanently. It sure would save us the trouble of revolting.

When push came to shove, it looks like the GOP wasn't going to follow through with another shutdown. $38 billion is certainly more than what has been proposed by both sides ($33 billion from the Dems, $30 billion from the GOP a few months ago) recently.

I just hope that Congress will not squander this opportunity to have a serious discussion about the budget without the hammer of a government shutdown swinging over the heads of federal employees. Wishful thinking perhaps, but I suppose we'll see.

nelson-haha.gif

Thanks for reminding us what squishy, unprincipled and gutless pussies y'all are. :clap2:

do the 'tea partiers' feel retarded yet? they voted in neocon corporate scum and expected them to reign in a smaller government LOL

Yes, I think Boehner did cave, but who cares. The government stays open and we have about a 1% budget cut. The Right can attach their anti-planned parenthood bill to other legislation. Both parties will claim victory and life goes on.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back