Dead soldier's mom faces deportation......

okay i left...not meaning to say anything on this thread..but then it struck me...what did you people do ..not you crimson but the rest of you..other than being lucky enough to be born here...(i am deleting a lot of words cause we aint in the flame zone..but you know i am thinking them)

so tell me you pompous bunch of asses...what did you do to earn being a citizen?

step up and post what great things you have done to earn your citizenship?

bunch of mo fo assholes.....just think you are so damned special...and i want to know why...

We don't have to earn it, nor do we have to be ashamed or justify it to you that we happened to be born here. Most importantly, we do not have to blow off immigration law and our own well-being and that of our nation to let just anyone wander across the border because YOU think we should be ashamed of having been lucky.

We don't have to earn a right to self-preservation, dumbass.

okay i left...not meaning to say anything on this thread..but then it struck me...what did you people do ..not you crimson but the rest of you..other than being lucky enough to be born here...(i am deleting a lot of words cause we aint in the flame zone..but you know i am thinking them)

so tell me you pompous bunch of asses...what did you do to earn being a citizen?

bunch of mo fo assholes.....just think you are so damned special...and i want to know why...

Being born here is enough to earn citizenship.

Way I see it, whichever of my ancestors first came to this country and became citizens earned it for the descendants they spawned. THEY earned the right for their children to be lucky enough to be born here.

Being born here is enough to earn citizenship.

But losing your son in service of this country isn't?

Still depends on what the problem INS has with her is in the first place. And really, him dying in the service makes HIM a patriotic American, not her. Cindy Sheehan, anyone?

i'd think they would have mentioned it if her status was endangered by violation of a law. the only reason her status is in jeopardy is her sponsor died in the service of his country.

so i'm not saying we should exonerate law breakers at all. i'm saying that we should do the right thing by THIS particular person about whom there is no indication of law breaking whatsoever.

I think you just decided what i was arguing and then argued against it. I prefer to state my own arguments. :thup:
We don't know the reason it was endangered. As a another poster stated, they could have found things in her past that raised red flags.

The fact that she raised a son who served means absolutely nothing.

Tell that to my mother. I dare you.
Hell, I wouldn't say that to my own mother. But then, she was born here. She's un upstanding natural citizen.

But, you're missing the point.

In this case, an immigration case, it does not matter.

If it's found that she deserves to stay here, she'll stay here. If not, she'll pack her bags and boogie on down the road. And that's the way it should be.

It's up to her lawyer and immigration to sort out. Not a bunch of message boarders who don't have all the facts.

But losing your son in service of this country isn't?

No it is not.. and frankly... I don't like the whole thing of having the only stipulation of 'being born here'.... personally.. my stance would be that if you're born here of someone here illegally, you don't get the benefit of legal status....

I served with a person who's parents were not US citizens.. they were Belgian citizens who were still living in Belgium... and I would not support them (if he would have died in service to our country) getting instant citizenry or special treatment to become citizens simply because of a sacrifice of a soldier, even if it is their son... there is a process, follow the process, even if there are hurdles to jump along the way (whether they be massive hurdles or barely noticeable)

She was jumping hurdles. Her sponsor was KIA. You don't see this as a special circumstance?

And I would imagine that INS has procedures for this eventuality. Personally, I trust them to make the call on this without saying "should" or "shouldn't", because they have experience in these matters and information that I don't. If they want to take her son's service to the country into account and decide in her favor because of it, I'm okay with that. If they think there's a good reason to ship her out, I'm going to assume they're correct unless given a reason to think otherwise.

We don't know the reason it was endangered. As a another poster stated, they could have found things in her past that raised red flags.

Hell, I wouldn't say that to my own mother. But then, she was born here. She's un upstanding natural citizen.

But, you're missing the point.

In this case, an immigration case, it does not matter.

If it's found that she deserves to stay here, she'll stay here. If not, she'll pack her bags and boogie on down the road. And that's the way it should be.

It's up to her lawyer and immigration to sort out. Not a bunch of message boarders who don't have all the facts.

I promise that I haven't missed the point. I simply do not agree with it. This woman lost her son. She sacrificed a son in the service of this country. Anyone that want to minimize that(and know that you are not) can kiss my ass. This kid wanted his Mom to be a citizen. He was sponsoring her. I think the least this country can do for him is to grant that wish. No one is going to convince me otherwise on this. I have held the hands of too many Gold Star Mothers to look at this from the perspective of the law.

I love the law. I practice it for a living and live and die by its nuances. However, the law allows for us to be human. This is one of those cases that we can be human and honor this woman and her son's last full measure of devotion by making her a citizen.

i was so dam cute when i was born.....that someone in the delivery room said.....LOOK!! ...he has BORN IN THE USA....on his ass cheek....this kids a REAL AMERICAN....and the rest is history.....:eusa_whistle:

"This family has been through enough," said Jack Fanous, executive director of G.I. Go Fund, a Newark-based, non-profit advocacy group for veterans. Group members have accompanied the family on visits to the immigration office in Newark and to Menendez’s office. "For their son to give his life for this country, and for us to show this mother the door is unacceptable. This family’s price of admission has been paid above and beyond what we ask."

Totally agree with Menendez's comments.

Give the Mother her papers. Her son paid with his blood for them. A debt we cannot repay any other way.

Give her the damned papers and stop all the bullshit.

(and *I* am probably one of THE MOST anti-illegal immigration peeps you'll ever meet. I make Tom Tancredo look wimpy on immigration)

Really? So if it were, say, Andrei Chikatilo's son who had died in the US military, would you be in favor of giving his Chikatilo US citizenship because "his son paid in blood for them"?

I would have to disagree. This kid gave what Lincoln called the last full measure of devotion. His wish was that his mother could stay here. I don't think that is too much to grant.

That would depend on why INS seems to have a problem with her.

ICE is a fucked up bureaucracy buried in the Department of Homeland Security. They may or may not have a problem, either way someone should at least cut the red tape.

I would have to disagree. This kid gave what Lincoln called the last full measure of devotion. His wish was that his mother could stay here. I don't think that is too much to grant.

ICE is a fucked up bureaucracy buried in the Department of Homeland Security. They may or may not have a problem, either way someone should at least cut the red tape.

No, they shouldn't, and certainly not based on your breezy assumption that this is just because they're "fucked up". They should do the job they're paid for and make sure she qualifies for citizenship according to the law, not according to the warm, fuzzy emotions you got all stirred up while reading a message board.

If there are no major disqualifying factors and they want to take her son's death into account as a factor in her favor, fine. Blow off the entire rule of law because of a sob story? Then they might as well just disband the INS entirely, because as I said before, EVERYONE has a sob story.

i'd think they would have mentioned it if her status was endangered by violation of a law. the only reason her status is in jeopardy is her sponsor died in the service of his country.

so i'm not saying we should exonerate law breakers at all. i'm saying that we should do the right thing by THIS particular person about whom there is no indication of law breaking whatsoever.

I think you just decided what i was arguing and then argued against it. I prefer to state my own arguments. :thup:

Try telling that to my Grandmother, my Aunt Laurie or my Aunt Sandy. My Mother died when I was 8, and I already know she's proud of me, and to her, it means almost everything.

Crimson.......ya got a pos rep coming.......will send when able.

No, they shouldn't, and certainly not based on your breezy assumption that this is just because they're "fucked up". They should do the job they're paid for and make sure she qualifies for citizenship according to the law, not according to the warm, fuzzy emotions you got all stirred up while reading a message board.

If there are no major disqualifying factors and they want to take her son's death into account as a factor in her favor, fine. Blow off the entire rule of law because of a sob story? Then they might as well just disband the INS entirely, because as I said before, EVERYONE has a sob story.

Sob story? Fuck you. This woman's son died serving your country. Defending your freedom. She has followed the law and the law is fucking her. She has jumped through hoops only to be told, "sorry, your son and sponsor was killed serving our country, but go fuck yourself, we don't owe you anything." This woman isn't a terrorist. She is a Gold Start Mother and you should be ashamed of yourself for reducing this soldiers death to a "sob story."

Once more, fuck you.

"This family has been through enough," said Jack Fanous, executive director of G.I. Go Fund, a Newark-based, non-profit advocacy group for veterans. Group members have accompanied the family on visits to the immigration office in Newark and to Menendez’s office. "For their son to give his life for this country, and for us to show this mother the door is unacceptable. This family’s price of admission has been paid above and beyond what we ask."

Give the Mother her papers. Her son paid with his blood for them. A debt we cannot repay any other way.

(and *I* am probably one of THE MOST anti-illegal immigration peeps you'll ever meet. I make Tom Tancredo look wimpy on immigration)

Really? So if it were, say, Andrei Chikatilo's son who had died in the US military, would you be in favor of giving his Chikatilo US citizenship because "his son paid in blood for them"?
That's my fucking point.

If she deserves to stay, she should stay. That's for her lawyer and immigration to sort out.

If not, our laws must be upheld. Her son died partly in defense of those same laws.

And, my views are not in anyway disrespectful to her son, his wishes, or his legacy. His legacy being he laid down his life for this great country. He's a hero.

Bottom line, she hasn't been deported yet so, settle down people.

Sob story? Fuck you. This woman's son died serving your country. Defending your freedom. She has followed the law and the law is fucking her. She has jumped through hoops only to be told, "sorry, your son and sponsor was killed serving our country, but go fuck yourself, we don't owe you anything." This woman isn't a terrorist. She is a Gold Start Mother and you should be ashamed of yourself for reducing this soldiers death to a "sob story."

Once more, fuck you.

You wish. Pull your panties out of the bunch they've made in your ass crack and start acting like an adult. If you're hoping that your little emotional outburst is going to make me go all crumbly and say, "Oh, yes! We should abandon the rule of law for the rule of the warm, fuzzy heartstring-puller", then you're nearly as stupid as you are immature.

I'll say it again: sob story. Everyone has one. I don't give a good goddamn if this woman's entire FAMILY died in the US military. It does not buy HER a pass on the rule of law, nor does it absolve the Immigration and Naturalization Service of their legal responsibility to do their due diligence on her immigration case. We DON'T owe her anything. We owe her son something, but what we owe him ain't total disregard for the laws of our nation.

And you can piss and moan about how ashamed I should be because I don't react to everything like an overwrought teenager the way you do, but personally, the more I listen to you, the more proud I am that I, at least, grew the fuck up.

That's my fucking point.

If she deserves to stay, she should stay. That's for her lawyer and immigration to sort out.

If not, our laws must be upheld. Her son died partly in defense of those same laws.

And, my views are not in anyway disrespectful to her son, his wishes, or his legacy. His legacy being he laid down his life for this great country. He's a hero.

I'm waiting for someone to ask who the hell Andrei Chikatilo is. ;)

That's my fucking point.

It seems that question is being completely avoided. And we know why!:eusa_whistle:

Cecilie1200 said:

why? you think you're the only person who knows that, you ignorant twit?

:udaman:
All hail the all-knowing, benevolent Goddess, The Cesspit. If only we were all as intelligent and all-knowing as it. Alas we are but mortals who will never the meaning of true intellectual prowess because it puts us all to shame...

Forum List

Back