Dead soldier's mom faces deportation......

No it is not.. and frankly... I don't like the whole thing of having the only stipulation of 'being born here'.... personally.. my stance would be that if you're born here of someone here illegally, you don't get the benefit of legal status....

Some people are here legally when the child is born, yet they become illegal when their visa runs out.

Would you consider the child to be natural born at birth, and then an illegal immigrant 6 months later when their parent's visa expires?

That's my fucking point.

If she deserves to stay, she should stay. That's for her lawyer and immigration to sort out.

If not, our laws must be upheld. Her son died partly in defense of those same laws.

And, my views are not in anyway disrespectful to her son, his wishes, or his legacy. His legacy being he laid down his life for this great country. He's a hero.

Bottom line, she hasn't been deported yet so, settle down people.

I'm waiting for someone to ask who the hell Andrei Chikatilo is. ;)
It seems that question is being completely avoided. And we know why!:eusa_whistle:

How come some loons try to use extreme examples to make their point? Makes them look even more stupid than they already are....

Really? So if it were, say, Andrei Chikatilo's son who had died in the US military, would you be in favor of giving his Chikatilo US citizenship because "his son paid in blood for them"?
That's my fucking point.

If she deserves to stay, she should stay. That's for her lawyer and immigration to sort out.

If not, our laws must be upheld. Her son died partly in defense of those same laws.

And, my views are not in anyway disrespectful to her son, his wishes, or his legacy. His legacy being he laid down his life for this great country. He's a hero.

I am actually ignoring that fact that you are comparing this poor woman to a Russian serial killer. The comparison is outrageous. This statement doesn't make you smart, it makes you a load that should have been swallowed.

okay i left...not meaning to say anything on this thread..but then it struck me...what did you people do ..not you crimson but the rest of you..other than being lucky enough to be born here...(i am deleting a lot of words cause we aint in the flame zone..but you know i am thinking them)

so tell me you pompous bunch of asses...what did you do to earn being a citizen?

step up and post what great things you have done to earn your citizenship?

bunch of mo fo assholes.....just think you are so damned special...and i want to know why...

Being born here is enough to earn citizenship.

But losing your son in service of this country isn't?
It is in my eyes.

No it is not.. and frankly... I don't like the whole thing of having the only stipulation of 'being born here'.... personally.. my stance would be that if you're born here of someone here illegally, you don't get the benefit of legal status....

Some people are here legally when the child is born, yet they become illegal when their visa runs out.

Would you consider the child to be natural born at birth, and then an illegal immigrant 6 months later when their parent's visa expires?

That does not go against what I said.. as long as at the birth if they are indeed here legally.. that may not be perfect, but it at least has a better line drawn

Cecilie1200 said:

why? you think you're the only person who knows that, you ignorant twit?

No, I think there are a lot of people in America who don't keep track of such things, and there's not much reason they should.

I also think that you are living proof that one can have lots of trivial information, and still be as stupid as a stump.

That's my fucking point.

I am actually ignoring that fact that you are comparing this poor woman to a Russian serial killer. The comparison is outrageous. This statement doesn't make you smart, it makes you a load that should have been swallowed.

Please don't try to pretend you're doing ME a favor by ignoring it, when we both know you're doing it for yourself, because you don't want to answer the fact that we don't KNOW if the comparison is outrageous or not. That's the whole point of having INS investigate people before giving them citizenship, asshat.

I only have to look smarter than you, and I could do that in a coma.

maybe you think a tad too highly of yourself for your own good, cecilie.....?

CW ain't no fool

Please don't try to pretend you're doing ME a favor by ignoring it, when we both know you're doing it for yourself, because you don't want to answer the fact that we don't KNOW if the comparison is outrageous or not. That's the whole point of having INS investigate people before giving them citizenship, asshat.

Question for the stupid bitch in a coma..............what part of "she was almost through the process and her sponsor died" do you keep missing?

SHE'S ALREADY BEEN CHECKED OUT YOU DUMB TWIT!

Looks ain't everything babycakes, because your stupidity goes straight to the bone.

She had a son?

Not to belittle her sons contribution in any way, but what has she done?

Why did I even bother to post the article if you're not going to read it?

She came here from Peru legally. Her son joined the military at 18 and was serving.

He got his US Citizenship from serving in the military, and then was sponsoring his mother so that she could have permanent status green card.

The application was almost finished when he was killed last month by that lunatic who shot up a mental clinic in Baghdad (her son was one of the victims).

Now? Because her sponsor was her son, her application to stay here is in danger.

I think she should be allowed to stay. She's been here legally for the past 20 years, and has given her own family in defense of this country.

That qualifies in my book.

Aren't you assuming?

I agree with others ... she hasn't done a thing and she didn't "give" anything. HE joined.

I would be more willing to argue she should be a US citizen IF the US allowed her stay for 20 years because SHE did that.

She had a son?

She came here from Peru legally. Her son joined the military at 18 and was serving.

He got his US Citizenship from serving in the military, and then was sponsoring his mother so that she could have permanent status green card.

The application was almost finished when he was killed last month by that lunatic who shot up a mental clinic in Baghdad (her son was one of the victims).

Now? Because her sponsor was her son, her application to stay here is in danger.

I think she should be allowed to stay. She's been here legally for the past 20 years, and has given her own family in defense of this country.

Aren't you assuming?

I agree with others ... she hasn't done a thing and she didn't "give" anything. HE joined.

I would be more willing to argue she should be a US citizen IF the US allowed her stay for 20 years because SHE did that.

Apparently you aren't a mother....if you were you would understand. She gave EVERYTHING......she gave her CHILD in the service of our country. He DIED in the service of our country and the least we can do for both of them is let her stay.

Hey Gunny........she was supposed to be made permanent when her son returned from Iraq. She was almost all the way through the process, just had to have her sponsor stand up with her, and that's what they were going to do when he returned, then go to Peru on vacation to visit family.

Because of that, and because of her sacrifice, I say let her stay.

She had a son?

Aren't you assuming?

She gave her son. Is that not enough? We let all kinds of scummy bastards into this country every day. This woman, who has lived here legally for 20 years has given more than most.

Aren't you assuming?

Apparently you aren't a mother....if you were you would understand. She gave EVERYTHING......she gave her CHILD in the service of our country. He DIED in the service of our country and the least we can do for both of them is let her stay.

She didn't give shit. HE joined. HIS choice. HE died in the service of this country. SHE gave birth. Once he was 18, he was not hers to give.

And I have been a single a parent and that daughter was in the Army and now collects 100% VA retirement.

Want to try again?

Joining was HER choice. Not mine. And if MY mother caterwalled had I been KIA like some of you do I'd have been ashamed. My mother gave NOTHING. I volunteered.

You're confusing mourning a loss; which, is perfectly understandable with sacrificing.

Hey Gunny........she was supposed to be made permanent when her son returned from Iraq. She was almost all the way through the process, just had to have her sponsor stand up with her, and that's what they were going to do when he returned, then go to Peru on vacation to visit family.

Because of that, and because of her sacrifice, I say let her stay.

I have no problem with letting her stay.

I have a problem with the premise presented here. If all that was left was a formality, I'd say it's rather f-ed up to screw her over. That's different that trying to sell the "Cindy Sheehan syndrome" here.

Aren't you assuming?

She gave her son. Is that not enough? We let all kinds of scummy bastards into this country every day. This woman, who has lived here legally for 20 years has given more than most.

Again, I have no problem with her staying. I have a problem with anyone claiming she "gave" anything.

He volunteered of his own accord. That wasn't her choice. It was his.

Aren't you assuming?

Again, I have no problem with her staying. I have a problem with anyone claiming she "gave" anything.

He volunteered of his own accord. That wasn't her choice. It was his.

I think those who have lost a loved one to the service of this country would disagree with you. Those who support family members who serve the country pay a price too.... I appreciate it is a small price, but sometimes it costs a significant amount.

You do get that she has already been checked out right? She has already been investigated. She was on the last step. Now who looks like an asshat.

The reason I was ignoring it is because I find it absolutely reprehensible that you would compare a Gold Star mother to an executed serial killer. For what? To stroke your own ego? Fuck off.

You do get that she has already been checked out right? She has already been investigated. She was on the last step. Now who looks like an asshat.

The reason I was ignoring it is because I find it absolutely reprehensible that you would compare a Gold Star mother to an executed serial killer. For what? To stroke your own ego? Fuck off.

I agree with you.

Forum List

Back