DC's Minimum Wage Really Does Cost Jobs At Walmart

If you are an adult living in obama's economy it is a good job because it is a job. sometimes you have to take what you can get because working is better then not working. Let's also face it Walmart actually does promote from within which damn few companies do any more

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Yah, the bring in a person that has never worked for Walley World. He goes to some type of support job until a job of at least Asst Manager becomes open. Not all start as cashiers or floor people. And each store has it's own brand of a "Mafia" that runs much of the promotions from the bottom just below Asst Managers. You only get promoted when this "Mafia" thinks you are one of them. That is, unless you have greased the Asst Managers and Above properly. It's highly political and the best rarely moves upward.
Oh look at you cry because you would have to actually work for something

Oh really. I worked hard all my life until 3 years ago. I was hurt bad on a job. But I didn't accept any welfare of any kind. I retired twice and have two retirement incomes. You are so full of crap. I draw Military Retirement AND SSI. Now, keep talking out your ass.

Well here's one quick thought. The managers know a ton more about what people are saying on the floor, than you think they do.

If you are bad mouthing their promotion decisions, and calling them 'promotion mafia' and such... that's why you don't get promoted.

I know a guy right now, and not a single day goes by that he didn't complain and b!tch and moan about what the company does. Then he complains he doesn't get a raise. Well of course he doesn't get a raise. He bad mouths everything, and thinks he deserves a raise? You don't get a raise, while telling everyone how horrible the people who give raises, are.

People who whine and complain, create their own reasons for whining and complaining.... by whining and complaining.

I had a guy like that in my department once. I went to management, and had him moved out. He went to another department and was fired.

Try spending more time being thankful you have a job, instead of whining about what you don't have. You are more likely to get what you don't have, when you are thankful for what you do.

I didn't express my thoughts while I worked for Walmart. I ride for the Brand. But the brand no longer rode for me. I FIRED Walmart. At that point, I was free to expess myself any way I wished. BTW, I started my own business and was quite successful. Enter the 3rd retirement. I make more retired than a Walmart Asst Manager does working his customary 48 hour work week. I am thankful for my own efforts and those that helped along the way. But Walmart isn't on that list since it just helps the Walton Kids only.

The way you are coming across, is that of a disgruntled envious former employee.

Whether that is the truth or not, I don't know, but anyone else looking at your post... that's what it sounds like.

And while you claim Walmart only helps the Walton kids, as I've said before, I know people who worked at Walmart, were successful at Walmart, and got college tuition reimbursement through Walmart, and now have careers out side of Walmart, and they themselves openly say that without Walmart they wouldn't be where they are.

BTW.... of course you make more working for yourself, than you do working for others. This normal. And more power to you. Hopefully you will not be a burden on society, like the other 75% of retired people sitting on their butts, demanding everyone else pay more tax because they didn't save anything while they were working.

Peachy.

But not everyone wants to be a business owner. Not everyone even can be a business owner.

Low-wage, low-skill jobs provide critical positions for people who do not have the skill or desire to run their own business. I count myself in that group. I could run my own business... but why? Just to earn more money? I don't need more money. What do I need more money for? A bigger house? What for? A newer car? My car starts and moves after 14 years, just the same as a new car does.

The difference between me and left is, I don't blame others for my choices in life. I don't have millions, and I doubt I ever will, simply because I'm not willing to do what is needed to earn millions.

I don't blame big companies for not paying me a "living wage" whatever the heck that means... when I am not willing to do a job that pays more.

You said that Walmart was "guilty as sin"... of what?

Thanks Alice

Wal-Mart: It Came, It Conquered, Now It's Packing Up and Leaving

The Town’n Country grocery in Oriental, North Carolina, a local fixture for 44 years, closed its doors in October after a Wal-Mart store opened for business. Now, three months later -- and less than two years after Wal-Mart arrived -- the retail giant is pulling up stakes, leaving the community with no grocery store and no pharmacy.

Though mom-and-pop stores have steadily disappeared across the American landscape over the past three decades as the mega chain methodically expanded, there was at least always a Wal-Mart left behind to replace them. Now the Wal-Marts are disappearing, too.

“I was devastated when I found out. We had a pharmacy and a perfectly satisfactory grocery store. Maybe Wal-Mart sold apples for a nickel less,” said Barb Venturi, mayor pro tem for Oriental, with a population of about 900. “If you take into account what no longer having a grocery store does to property values here, it is a significant impact for us.”

More:

Isn't this EXACTLY what most Walmart haters want to see happen, Walmart shutting down stores? I mean, pick a horse and stay on it, cause you look silly trying to ride two of them heading in different directions.

It destroyed all the small businesses that used to flourish. Now it's packing up and leaving those communities high & dry. But hey, it is Walmart. It is the epitome of the 'Evil Corporation.' So it shouldn't be surprising to anyone.

Walmart comes in and another Grocery Chain shuts it doors. Walmart builds a free standing building. The problem is that the other chain was an anchor store. Without it, the other smaller stores (mostly locally owned) are going under. I wonder just how much money did the various councils cost to allow that.

Thanks Alice

The Town’n Country grocery in Oriental, North Carolina, a local fixture for 44 years, closed its doors in October after a Wal-Mart store opened for business. Now, three months later -- and less than two years after Wal-Mart arrived -- the retail giant is pulling up stakes, leaving the community with no grocery store and no pharmacy.

Though mom-and-pop stores have steadily disappeared across the American landscape over the past three decades as the mega chain methodically expanded, there was at least always a Wal-Mart left behind to replace them. Now the Wal-Marts are disappearing, too.

“I was devastated when I found out. We had a pharmacy and a perfectly satisfactory grocery store. Maybe Wal-Mart sold apples for a nickel less,” said Barb Venturi, mayor pro tem for Oriental, with a population of about 900. “If you take into account what no longer having a grocery store does to property values here, it is a significant impact for us.”

More:

Isn't this EXACTLY what most Walmart haters want to see happen, Walmart shutting down stores? I mean, pick a horse and stay on it, cause you look silly trying to ride two of them heading in different directions.

It destroyed all the small businesses that used to flourish. Now it's packing up and leaving those communities high & dry. But hey, it is Walmart. It is the epitome of the 'Evil Corporation.' So it shouldn't be surprising to anyone.

Walmart comes in and another Grocery Chain shuts it doors. Walmart builds a free standing building. The problem is that the other chain was an anchor store. Without it, the other smaller stores (mostly locally owned) are going under. I wonder just how much money did the various councils cost to allow that.

Sadly, this is gonna be happening all over the country in the near future. There will be many more Walmart store closings coming. There's nowhere to go but down for Walmart. It's exhausted all possible revenue streams. Now it's just a matter of maintaining an empire. And investors hate to hear that. It's all about growth for them. And there is no more growth coming for Walmart.

So Walmart's gonna be leaving many more communites high & dry. So many communities have come to rely solely on Walmart. They saw all their small businesses disappear. They've had no choice but to rely on it. I still say, i expect Walmart to beg for a Government Bailout at some point. It'll use the ole 'Too Big to Fail' scam. We'll see if Taxpayers fall for it. Stay tuned.

Thanks Alice

More:

Leaving is exactly what the Walmart haters want to see happen, so why so mad about it? Now all the small businesses can come back and flourish again. Dogs and cats will start getting along, and all the children will be above average.

Thanks Alice

More:

Leaving is exactly what the Walmart haters want to see happen, so why so mad about it? Now all the small businesses can come back and flourish again. Dogs and cats will start getting along, and all the children will be above average.

You're assuming they'll come back. I can't assume that. Walmart's done so much damage. I'm not sure it can be repaired. These communities could be completely flucked.

Thanks Alice

More:

They won't come back. People are so used to sucking on the Walley World Tit that they will drive halfway across town to one. What you don't understand is that there are other chains that treat their people well and either match or go below Walmarts prices. When a new Walmart opens up, the cut their prices hard. What you don't notice is that the prices slowly inch up.

The new business model is where the company is owned by the workers. It's killing the Walmart Model. Here is a critique by Bloomberg News.
Customers Flee Wal-Mart Empty Shelves for Target, Costco

Even Target showed an improvement. Walmart didn't. Costco showed an increase in sales, Sams didn't. Read the url. I think it sums it up nicely. But remember, when you short your staff, they are expected to work that much harder. And good people get hurt and you short your staff even further. Walmart doesn't show it cares. And the Public is catching on that the PR is just that.

Thanks Alice

More:

You say that..... But can you prove it? I don't even understand the concept.

If I have a.... restaurant. You are telling me, that if the Buddies Grocery store closes, because Walmart moved in, employing 300 people that now have paying jobs.... the because Buddies Grocery closed, no one will come to my restaurant to eat anymore?

Or movie theater, or hair cutters, or auto detailer, or or or or or......?

Why would any of those others close because Buddies Grocery closed? A Walmart opened that created 300 jobs, and a mom&pop store closed that destroyed 3 jobs...... Wouldn't MORE people working, cause more to have money to buy stuff from my store?

Do you not see how absolutely illogical that claim is?

The only example I know of where Walmart moved in, and the entire town closed down, had nothing to do with Walmart. They built near a military base. When they built there, the other small grocery stores closed, because Walmart had better prices.

But then the military base closed. The entire town closed down. It would have all folded up, with or without Walmart, when the base closed.

Thanks Alice

More:

You say that..... But can you prove it? I don't even understand the concept.

If I have a.... restaurant. You are telling me, that if the Buddies Grocery store closes, because Walmart moved in, employing 300 people that now have paying jobs.... the because Buddies Grocery closed, no one will come to my restaurant to eat anymore?

Or movie theater, or hair cutters, or auto detailer, or or or or or......?

Why would any of those others close because Buddies Grocery closed? A Walmart opened that created 300 jobs, and a mom&pop store closed that destroyed 3 jobs...... Wouldn't MORE people working, cause more to have money to buy stuff from my store?

Do you not see how absolutely illogical that claim is?

The only example I know of where Walmart moved in, and the entire town closed down, had nothing to do with Walmart. They built near a military base. When they built there, the other small grocery stores closed, because Walmart had better prices.

But then the military base closed. The entire town closed down. It would have all folded up, with or without Walmart, when the base closed.

Just for fun, let's look at a Safeway Store that shut down in a very rich community of Redlands, Co. It was the anchor store. Businesses have on a percentage of the business that they once had before the closure. And it keeps going down. Your Prove it is just silly. It's happening all over the US right now. And it's not just Walmart. It's JC Penny, City Market, Safeway, A&P, Sears, K-mart. How about less than 1 mile down the road from where I sit. City Market moved locations because Walmart built within 1/2 mile of it. Walmart has a free standing Super Center. City Market was a great Anchor Store. Now, half the small shops are gone. Most went out of business.

Just because the Walton Kids are devout republicans, they CAN and DO wrong just like every other business has the capability of doing. And killing off of any anchor store hurts the entire community.

Thanks Alice

More:

You're assuming they'll come back. I can't assume that. Walmart's done so much damage. I'm not sure it can be repaired. These communities could be completely flucked.
The Walmart haters are focused solely on getting rid of Walmart. They never worry about what would happen when they actually get what they want. At least, not until now, when they start to get an idea. Now, all of a sudden, Walmart is bad because they open stores and allow poor people to buy stuff, and they're bad if they leave an area. Make up your minds, haters.

Thanks Alice

More:

The Walmart haters are focused solely on getting rid of Walmart. They never worry about what would happen when they actually get what they want. At least, not until now, when they start to get an idea. Now, all of a sudden, Walmart is bad because they open stores and allow poor people to buy stuff, and they're bad if they leave an area. Make up your minds, haters.

Not gone, Lucille, but make them play by the rules as laid out by the Labor Departments of both Federal and State. Plus, get them to stop with the threatening US Manufacturers with the threat to move the product overseas under a similiar name. RCA was forced to move their manufacturing operation from Tennesse to China. They tried the same routine on Zenith and Zenith told them to pound sand and got out of the TV business.

There are quite a few things they need to get rid of, implement or modify. The Public is speaking with it's checkbook. It's been a very long time coming. Since Walmart has purchased about every Politition they ever met, the needed break up of it won't happen anytime soon.

The backlash isn't just Walmart, it's also affecting the GOP. You honestly think that Trump would have a chance if the GOP voters weren't more than a little pissed at the GOP?

As usual, you are fomenting hate and then saying it's the other side. When dealing with corruption there should never be a "Side". And yes, we are angry. Get used to it.

Thanks Alice

More:

Maybe you can take your fry cook skills and open a new store there?
You can pay a living wage and charge less than WalMart.
Let us know how it works out.

Thanks Alice

More:

There you go. An opportunity to prove the community with something they need. Isn't America great?

So to the regressives Walmart is evil for selling products at prices even the poor can afford and hiring hundreds of people at the same time. ... why? Because a shity small store of over priced products shut down ? I mean it is bad that the 10 people who worked there lost thier job . I guess they are to good then to apply at Walmart. ...........

So to the regressives Walmart is evil for selling products at prices even the poor can afford and hiring hundreds of people at the same time. ... why? Because a shity small store of over priced products shut down ? I mean it is bad that the 10 people who worked there lost thier job . I guess they are to good then to apply at Walmart. ...........

I thought Liberals claimed to be about choice. Walmart opened up giving people in the area a choice. The people made a choice. Now, seems people having a choice is wrong to those on the left.

Thanks Alice

More:

Basically, WalMart operates to make a profit, rather than as a community service, so anything they do is going to be wrong until they have the correct "intentions".

Not gone, Lucille, but make them play by the rules as laid out by the Labor Departments of both Federal and State. Plus, get them to stop with the threatening US Manufacturers with the threat to move the product overseas under a similiar name. RCA was forced to move their manufacturing operation from Tennesse to China. They tried the same routine on Zenith and Zenith told them to pound sand and got out of the TV business.

There are quite a few things they need to get rid of, implement or modify. The Public is speaking with it's checkbook. It's been a very long time coming. Since Walmart has purchased about every Politition they ever met, the needed break up of it won't happen anytime soon.

The backlash isn't just Walmart, it's also affecting the GOP. You honestly think that Trump would have a chance if the GOP voters weren't more than a little pissed at the GOP?

As usual, you are fomenting hate and then saying it's the other side. When dealing with corruption there should never be a "Side". And yes, we are angry. Get used to it.
If Walmart breaks the law, it should be held accountable just like every other institution is. No one's arguing otherwise. Now, you said yourself that "The Public" is speaking with its checkbook. That's the way it's SUPPOSED to work, remember?

Basically, WalMart operates to make a profit, rather than as a community service, so anything they do is going to be wrong until they have the correct "intentions".
Yes, feelings trump everything today. That's how celebrities and political bigwigs can whine about global warming while flying around the world in private jets and expect people to listen to them.

I thought Liberals claimed to be about choice. Walmart opened up giving people in the area a choice. The people made a choice. Now, seems people having a choice is wrong to those on the left.
There is only one choice liberals actually champion, and it isn't where to shop.

There is only one choice liberals actually champion, and it isn't where to shop.

The so called party of freedom and choice rarely talks about freedom and choice unless it's on that issue. Even then, they don't hold those making the choice responsible for their own actions.

Thanks Alice

More:

Did you read the article? Walmart destroyed all the small businesses that used to floursh in these communities. So once they decide to pack up and leave, the communities are left with nothing. Just more Walmart evil. Hopefully these communites will rebuild. But it's gonna be very difficult. Walmart's destroyed so much.

Forum List

Back