Daredevil Season 2 on netflix....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
So...they have completely f****d up The Punisher..........why is it they can't do a show with this character......he is really pretty easy...and yet they can't do it.......

I have a feeling that whoever made the show hates the Punisher character....

I have been a huge Punisher fan since I was a little kid, and I like how they handled the character. I've only watched 4 or 5 episodes so far though.

I liked the portrayal myself

What is so hard about making him the cop that he actually was? They want to make a statement about PTSD by insinuating that vets are violent.......they tried to hide it, but it is there all the same.

What is so hard about making him the cop that he actually was? They want to make a statement about PTSD by insinuating that vets are violent.......they tried to hide it, but it is there all the same.

PTSD?

in this portrayal, he went off because his wife and child were killed in by hoods, and he was killing off hoods trying to find the one that caused that death.

PTSD?

in this portrayal, he went off because his wife and child were killed in by hoods, and he was killing off hoods trying to find the one that caused that death.

Have you gotten to the trial yet? Where the lawyers say he has PTSD, and then when he refuses to go with that defense they get around him by using another term for the same thing....

By putting the bullet in his brain, they take away his self direction........he becomes not the guy who makes a choice...but a guy who can't stop what he is doing because of brain damage......

Is that The Punisher...someone doing what he is doing simply because he is brain damaged?

PTSD?

Have you gotten to the trial yet? Where the lawyers say he has PTSD, and then when he refuses to go with that defense they get around him by using another term for the same thing....

By putting the bullet in his brain, they take away his self direction........he becomes not the guy who makes a choice...but a guy who can't stop what he is doing because of brain damage......

Is that The Punisher...someone doing what he is doing simply because he is brain damaged?

Watched the entire season Friday when it came out.

The PTSD was a legal trick, not his actual background

PTSD?

They pushed it because they believed it....and what about the bullet in his brain?

PTSD?

They pushed it because they believed it....and what about the bullet in his brain?

YOu mean the bullet hole in his skull?

xray showed no bullet, just a hole

PTSD?

I thought they made it pretty obvious (at least to those familiar with the Punisher) that it was simply a legal defense, whether anyone actually believed it or not, and that the real Punisher was the man who refused that defense.

the original Punisher in the comics wasnt a cop....he was a US Marine who got into the Special Forces in Vietnam....after his stint in the war he became a special forces instructor in NY....and on a day with his wife and 2 kids in central park where they witnessed the mob hit and were fired upon by the hitmen there, killing them all,except Frank of course and the rest is comic history...the cop thing was from the movies .....

Forum List

Back