The Conversation

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
I've been watching a TV series about a US intelligence service called Rubicon. They sadly cancelled it after only one season. It's a great show. I reviewed it here a few days ago.

The show reminded me of Three Days of the Condor and another movie called The Conversation. There is a Three Days of the Condor reference in Rubicon.

The Conversation is Gene Hackman's best movie. It was written and directed by Francis Ford Coppola. Coppola released this film right after The Godfather Part II.

Hackman plays a surveillance expert (Harry Caul) who is hired by a client to spy on a young couple. A very young Harrison Ford plays the client's aide. Cindy Williams plays the female half of the couple.

What Caul records of the couple in a public square is too ambiguous to arrive at any certain conclusions and this haunts Caul due to a previous case which turned out very badly.

Caul's job has made him very paranoid.

I don't want to give any spoilers, but I promise if you have not seen this movie, you will love it.

In fact, the character of Harry Caul was reprised by Hackman in the Will Smith thriller Enemy of the State, but they gave the character a different name probably due to copyright issues. But Enemy of the State is an obvious sequel for Hackman's character.

The Conversation is available on several streaming platforms.

Watched it again quite recently on TV here in Merry England .
Ahead of its time .Conversation .

Cannot remember details of Enemy of the State but my memory is that it was OK plus plus .

I've been watching a TV series about a US intelligence service called Rubicon. They sadly cancelled it after only one season. It's a great show. I reviewed it here a few days ago.

The show reminded me of Three Days of the Condor and another movie called The Conversation. There is a Three Days of the Condor reference in Rubicon.

The Conversation is Gene Hackman's best movie. It was written and directed by Francis Ford Coppola. Coppola released this film right after The Godfather Part II.

Hackman plays a surveillance expert (Harry Caul) who is hired by a client to spy on a young couple. A very young Harrison Ford plays the client's aide. Cindy Williams plays the female half of the couple.

What Caul records of the couple in a public square is too ambiguous to arrive at any certain conclusions and this haunts Caul due to a previous case which turned out very badly.

Caul's job has made him very paranoid.

I don't want to give any spoilers, but I promise if you have not seen this movie, you will love it.

In fact, the character of Harry Caul was reprised by Hackman in the Will Smith thriller Enemy of the State, but they gave the character a different name probably due to copyright issues. But Enemy of the State is an obvious sequel for Hackman's character.

The Conversation is available on several streaming platforms.

Great Movie.

Forum List

Back