Dail Kos Forecast for GOP in 2016

I thought nominating a true conservative would lead to a victory, not a historic loss.
One would think so...but then there are these low information voters.
So you're saying the Republicans are screwed whether they nominate a true conservative or a moderate, like Romney or McCain? Should Hillary be putting the champagne on ice already? :biggrin:
I think conservatism will win in the end. I worry most about foreign policy....we have been floundering for decades. Time to man up. Time to take a stand. Time to deal severly with our enemies.

FOR GOD'S SAKE, IT'S TIME FOR ANOTHER WAR. Republican campaign slogan.
Libtard campaign slogan, "empathize with Mohammed...allahu akbar!"

I thought nominating a true conservative would lead to a victory, not a historic loss.
So you're saying the Republicans are screwed whether they nominate a true conservative or a moderate, like Romney or McCain? Should Hillary be putting the champagne on ice already? :biggrin:
I think conservatism will win in the end. I worry most about foreign policy....we have been floundering for decades. Time to man up. Time to take a stand. Time to deal severly with our enemies.

Only hard core batshit crazy teabaggers believe that. As I have said countless times.......If liberals were guilty of 1/10 of the things teabaggers claim, I'd hate us too........Make that 1/100

Only hard core batshit crazy teabaggers believe that. As I have said countless times.......If liberals were guilty of 1/10 of the things teabaggers claim, I'd hate us too........Make that 1/100
Hillary is a teabagger? Who knew?

He bases it solely upon his hatred for Repubs, there is no reason in the world to think it will be a wave for anyone at this point.

Actually, there's a lot of good reasons.

First, your primary is going to be pretty fucking contentious. Your candidates barely break double digits at this point. Even the Weird Mormon Robot had 25% support pretty consistantly.

Second, you are defending too many seats- the same problem the Democrats had in 2014. You have 24 seats up, and we haven't even gotten into the retirements yet. (Keep in mind, the only reason why you guys won in 2014 was the Democrats lost four vacancies they'd have won without retirements.)

Third- people are going to show up, especially when we see what assclowns are in charge of the senate right now. Rubio and Paul and Cruz all trying to one up each other. That should be fun to watch.

Sorry, no wave for ANYONE unless something huge happens.

If you don't think your primaries will be contentious you have issues.

Nope, moron's quote kos as "authoritative".

Please do expatiate.

No need, moron's further the need to use silly words to show how big they think their dick is.

You are very angry, what? No recess time today at the Sanitarium?

I am never angry kid.....it's just the internet.

Fact, kos and HuffPo are bullshit Lefty sources, the fact that that statement bothers you tells me you a lefty wingnut.

I take it that you prefer the gospel truth you receive from fox.

You see....your biggest weakness is that you think everyone thinks like you do.

I can smile at your inability to believe that there are those who can actually think for themselves...but alas it's true.

Please do expatiate.

No need, moron's further the need to use silly words to show how big they think their dick is.

You are very angry, what? No recess time today at the Sanitarium?

I am never angry kid.....it's just the internet.

Fact, kos and HuffPo are bullshit Lefty sources, the fact that that statement bothers you tells me you a lefty wingnut.

I take it that you prefer the gospel truth you receive from fox.

You see....your biggest weakness is that you think everyone thinks like you do.

I can smile at your inability to believe that there are those who can actually think for themselves...but alas it's true.

The fact that so many people are able to think for themselves is the reason I am amazed at the number who depend on fox to do it for them.

Unless it's a wave it's highly unlikely all six of them are going to lose. With the exception of Illinois they are all swing states and there is nothing uncommon about a state electing a president of one party and reelecting their Senator and members of Congress of another at the same time.

But I think it probably is going to be a wave, that's my point.

What do you base that on? There is absolutely no indication whatsoever that will be the case and it's far too early to tell anyway.

I know Kirk is dead meat, I don't even think that fool is running again. (He hasn't been the same since the stroke.)

Kirk may not run again due his health reasons, but if he does I suspect he'll survive. He's the kind of blue state Republican that tends to get reelected, like Collins in Maine. A lot of it will depend on who his opponent is.

Wisconsin and PA are hardly "Swing States". Republicans haven't won them on a presidential level since 1984 and 1988, respectively.

They are both very much swing states. Both have Republican controlled state legislatures, a majority Republican Congressional delegation, until this past election both had GOP governors and they hold most statewide offices. While they haven't voted for the GOP for the presidential race in a while both states have remained very much in play and have come close in a few elections. Wisconsin has slowly been trending more Republican. Pennsylvania has pretty much remained the same. Pennsylvania voted Democratic for president while repeatedly reelecting Santorum and Specter for Senate at the same time. Santorum finally lost in a midterm election which resulted in a wave favoring the opposite party, much like what just happened to Landrieu and Pryor down south this year. Snowe and Collins were repeatedly reelected in Maine while the state went Democratic for president. Same with Democrats Dorgan, Conrad, and Johnson in the Dakotas while the states went heavily GOP for president.

Wisconsin trended Republican from 2008 to 2012 only, which is easily explainable by 2008 being a wave election. It votes significantly more Democrat then it did in the 2000 or 2004 elections where by all means it was most definitely a swing state. Of the two I'd say Wisconsin is the better bet for the GOP, but still a hard catch.

Pennsylvania's growth is all in the east side of the state which votes more Democratic like NYC, not to mention the central/west parts are declining in population. Pennsylvania is also one of the least elastic states in the country, which means the people that vote Democrat/GOP almost "always" vote Democrat/GOP. Senator Toomey is the only statewide elected official in Pennsylvania as of 2015. In the future I see Pennsylvania being a blue state with GOP drawn legislative maps, until 2020 when the maps are redrawn at least.

Actually, Bush didn't really have contentious primaries. He had McCain cleaned up by Super Tuesday.

But no, this is going to be the Tea Party vs. the Establishment vs. the Religious Right, and it's going to be ugly.

Actually, Bush didn't really have contentious primaries. He had McCain cleaned up by Super Tuesday.

But no, this is going to be the Tea Party vs. the Establishment vs. the Religious Right, and it's going to be ugly.

POPCORN........GET YER POPCORN!!!

Forum List

Back