Current lies about Ebola.

That hasn't been proved.
the 2012 canadian study showed it transmitted between pigs and monkeys that were 8 feet apart.

The truth is no one knows for sure...on the other hand, supposedly, the virus mutating is "unlikely"...the "experts" say...

Would you ride in a car/plane/bus with someone who has ebola?
Would you invite them into your house?

If I knew that a person who had Ebola was on board then no. And no I would not invite a person who had Ebola into my home. That doesn't change anything. If you know the person has Ebola then that means he's symptomatic and therefor contagious. I would NOT be worried about breathing the air, I would be worried about a cough, or unwashed hands, or sudden vomiting, etc. this does not contradict the fact that the virus isn't airborne.

the 2012 canadian study?
What's up with that? the animals were 8 feet (or more) apart...

I'd have to look at the study. I'd bet money you are reading it wrong. Any and every virologist anywhere will tell you that Ebola is not an airborne virus.
Well, the data is out there...choose your own source...I'm interested.
They're *pretty sure* it isn't airborne.....yet.....viruses can mutate, right?

Yes, absolutely. Viruses can and do mutate.

Could Ebola Become Airborne

Osterholm did recall, however, a 2012 Canadian study in which pigs infected with the Ebola virus spread the disease to monkeys housed in cages in the same area, but did not have direct contact with the pigs. The monkeys showed signs of respiratory infection with the virus. This study, Osterholm wrote, "proved that Ebola Zaire, the same virus that is causing the West Africa outbreak, could be transmitted by the respiratory route from pigs to monkeys."

But contrary to Osterholm's statement, Gatherer said the study was "unable to conclusively prove that the transmission was airborne." The study researchers themselves wrote in their paper that, while the animal facility was being cleaned, droplets containing the Ebola virus could have been splashed into the monkey cages, and the monkeys may have become infected by touching the dried droplets.

"Could have".."might have"..."possible"..."could be"...."may have".... " unable to conclusively prove"...lots of wiggle room there...

Lie#4

The CDC doesn't know what it's doing.

The fact that the statement is too broad is what makes it false. The CDC is correct about some things, but has certainly made mistakes.

It is correct about Ebola only being transmissible when the patient is symptomatic. That is why the family of the victim doesn't have the virus, and why the people who flew with him over here don't either. The two nurses got infected when he was dying of the disease.

The CDC fucked up royally when they let that woman fly with a 99 degree temp, and they are full of more shit than a backed up septic tank when they say that stopping travel out if infected countries will make the epidemic worse.

But they know the virus better than anyone, and they are correct in the most important respect.

Ok...I am calling bullshit.

You claim that it is a lie that the CDC does not know what it's doing, and yet, in the same post, you claim that they fucked up royally.

Explain this.

If I knew that a person who had Ebola was on board then no. And no I would not invite a person who had Ebola into my home. That doesn't change anything. If you know the person has Ebola then that means he's symptomatic and therefor contagious. I would NOT be worried about breathing the air, I would be worried about a cough, or unwashed hands, or sudden vomiting, etc. this does not contradict the fact that the virus isn't airborne.

the 2012 canadian study?

I'd have to look at the study. I'd bet money you are reading it wrong. Any and every virologist anywhere will tell you that Ebola is not an airborne virus.

Osterholm did recall, however, a 2012 Canadian study in which pigs infected with the Ebola virus spread the disease to monkeys housed in cages in the same area, but did not have direct contact with the pigs. The monkeys showed signs of respiratory infection with the virus. This study, Osterholm wrote, "proved that Ebola Zaire, the same virus that is causing the West Africa outbreak, could be transmitted by the respiratory route from pigs to monkeys."

But contrary to Osterholm's statement, Gatherer said the study was "unable to conclusively prove that the transmission was airborne." The study researchers themselves wrote in their paper that, while the animal facility was being cleaned, droplets containing the Ebola virus could have been splashed into the monkey cages, and the monkeys may have become infected by touching the dried droplets.

"Could have".."might have"..."possible"..."could be"...."may have".... " unable to conclusively prove"...lots of wiggle room there...

ebola cannot become airborne in its current form. it can mutate like anything else, but by the same token, you can morph into a guinea pig.

the 2012 canadian study?

ebola cannot become airborne in its current form. it can mutate like anything else, but by the same token, you can morph into a guinea pig.

sure..sure..whatever you say little girl...

Lie #1:

Ebola can be spread through the air.

You cannot catch Ebola by breathing the same air, not on a plane, not on a bus, etc. a person's cough, which could in the more advanced stages of the disease, may be contagious but the person would have to cough on you. The droplets from a cough only travel a few feet.

That hasn't been proved.
the 2012 canadian study showed it transmitted between pigs and monkeys that were 8 feet apart.

The truth is no one knows for sure...on the other hand, supposedly, the virus mutating is "unlikely"...the "experts" say...

the 2012 canadian study?

Pigs passed it on to slightly separated animals from them but in the same room...another animal species...but the study said it could be that Pigs SNORT long distances, and fluids from their noses could have shot far enough have infected, this other animal...

no one reads the end part of the study, about them snorting and that being a possibility that had not been tested yet...they just take it as fact that the disease was passed through the air instead of by bodily fluids through the pig's snorting....

At least that is how I read the study...

the 2012 canadian study?

Exactly. Which is what makes that study worthless. I'll stick to what is known about the virus.

Lie#4

The CDC doesn't know what it's doing.

The fact that the statement is too broad is what makes it false. The CDC is correct about some things, but has certainly made mistakes.

It is correct about Ebola only being transmissible when the patient is symptomatic. That is why the family of the victim doesn't have the virus, and why the people who flew with him over here don't either. The two nurses got infected when he was dying of the disease.

The CDC fucked up royally when they let that woman fly with a 99 degree temp, and they are full of more shit than a backed up septic tank when they say that stopping travel out if infected countries will make the epidemic worse.

But they know the virus better than anyone, and they are correct in the most important respect.

Ok...I am calling bullshit.

You claim that it is a lie that the CDC does not know what it's doing, and yet, in the same post, you claim that they fucked up royally.

Explain this.

You didn't read the whole thing did you?

awww.... the butthurt is strong in you, child

Lie #1:

Ebola can be spread through the air.

You cannot catch Ebola by breathing the same air, not on a plane, not on a bus, etc. a person's cough, which could in the more advanced stages of the disease, may be contagious but the person would have to cough on you. The droplets from a cough only travel a few feet.

That hasn't been proved.

the 2012 canadian study?

Pigs passed it on to slightly separated animals from them but in the same room...another animal species...but the study said it could be that Pigs SNORT long distances, and fluids from their noses could have shot far enough have infected this other animal...

no one reads the end part of the study, about them snorting and that being a possibility that had not been tested yet...they just take it as fact that the disease was passed through the air instead of by bodily fluids through the pig's snorting....

Here's what I saw a lot of;

"Could have".."might have"..."possible"..."could be"...."may have".... " unable to conclusively prove"...

awww.... the butthurt is strong in you, child
no..you said something childish about me turning into a guinea pig...

You get the response you deserve, little girl.

Good thread but it doesnt seem like people are interested in facts about Ebola - they are more concerned with whipping up the fear

perhaps people are reading it and saying "hey" that's good information".

No...he can't consider that possibility...he has his agenda and his marching orders...

What agenda? The Ebola agenda? lmao
yeah..right...that's it..you got it...

the 2012 canadian study?

Not entirely true. The faster an organism replicates, and the simpler the organism is, the more likely it is to morph into something else. This is why you have to get a new flu shot each year. But as of now, Ebola is not airborne. IMO, my own opinion mind you, if it was going to happen it would have already happened in Africa.

That hasn't been proved.

the 2012 canadian study?

Pigs passed it on to slightly separated animals from them but in the same room...another animal species...but the study said it could be that Pigs SNORT long distances, and fluids from their noses could have shot far enough have infected this other animal...

Here's what I saw a lot of;

"Could have".."might have"..."possible"..."could be"...."may have".... " unable to conclusively prove"...
The study was done 2 years ago, have they been able to repeat it and get the same results? Has anyone in the world been able to repeat the experiment and gotten the same results in the last 2 years?

Good thread but it doesnt seem like people are interested in facts about Ebola - they are more concerned with whipping up the fear

perhaps people are reading it and saying "hey" that's good information".

No...he can't consider that possibility...he has his agenda and his marching orders...

What agenda? The Ebola agenda? lmao
yeah..right...that's it..you got it...

Dam...you got me

Not entirely true. The faster an organism replicates, and the simpler the organism is, the more likely it is to morph into something else. This is why you have to get a new flu shot each year. But as of now, Ebola is not airborne. IMO, my own opinion mind you, if it was going to happen it would have already happened in Africa.

I agree. but I was responding to someone who thinks they can get ebola by being in the same room as someone who has it... maybe.... oh no.... could be....

but it isn't, as you said.

the 2012 canadian study?

Exactly. Which is what makes that study worthless. I'll stick to what is known about the virus.
Read it again..they said those things as excuses to account for how the disease traveled over 8 feet and infected animals in the same room that didn't have it.

In other words they don't know for sure...and neither do you.

Forum List

Back