Current AOL poll, NOT looking good for Obama

Midnight, you done yet? Just admit you were wrong like with the Dis thing.
First of all, I made NO assertions about the polls, other than you and bfgrn weren't providing evidence of your OWN assertions. And you were not. Therefore there is nothing for me to "admit" I'm wrong about.

Secondly, did you try to vote more than once in the AOL poll I linked in the OP?

Midnight, you done yet? Just admit you were wrong like with the Dis thing.
First of all, I made NO assertions about the polls, other than you and bfgrn weren't providing evidence of your OWN assertions. And you were not. Therefore there is nothing for me to "admit" I'm wrong about.

Secondly, did you try to vote more than once in the AOL poll I linked in the OP?

I tried it and wasn't able to. I can try from a separate location tomorrow?

But the question remains: Have either you or Robert tried to vote more than once in the AOL poll I linked in the OP?

But the question remains: Are you going to admit you were wrong about the AOL Straw Poll?
Show me where I made any assertions at all about it.
You don't even get it, it's not about voting twice. It's about linking the poll to websites like Free Republic for Conservatives to vote on.
I DO get it. Can you show us something that proves that's what's happening here?

If someone was really that bored and had the skills, then they could easily change their IP address or whatever need be to vote twice. However, it's not even about voting more than once. That's a small fish in a large ocean in this case.

I DO get it. Can you show us something that proves that's what's happening here?

I already gave you proof in the past about someone posting a previous AOL Straw Poll to be voted on at Free Republic.

As much as I'd sure to love the experience, I'm not about to go wander through extreme Republican sites.

The fact of the matter is Midnight, if this poll had been supportive of Obama, you wouldn't of posted it. Plain and simple.

I already gave you proof in the past about someone posting a previous AOL Straw Poll to be voted on at Free Republic.

As much as I'd sure to love the experience, I'm not about to go wander through extreme Republican sites.
That was a previous poll. What about this one? Shall we assume the same thing is happening, or is my original conclusion probably more reasonable? Or maybe, a combination of the two?

The fact of the matter is Midnight, if this poll had been supportive of Obama, you wouldn't of posted it. Plain and simple.
That's completely wrong. If the numbers were the same and the names reversed, I would have been REALLY stunned and would have posted it earlier.

That was a previous poll. What about this one? Shall we assume the same thing is happening, or is my original conclusion probably more reasonable? Or maybe, a combination of the two?

We can assume that certain sites are sending out links for members to vote, yes. It happens with all polls of this type.

Take a look at this, which is exhibit A in that internet polls should not be trusted.

The Beauty of Internet: 4Chan Founder Sweeps Time's Most Influential List

Remember, it’s not Barack Obama, not Oprah Winfrey, not Pope Benedict XVI, but moot. He received 16,794,368 votes and an average influence rating of 90 (out of a possible 100).

4chan is popular, but not that popular. :lol:

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/0,28757,1883644,00.html

Look at the difference between 1st and 2nd. And what the first letter of the first 21 spell out.

Last edited:

We can assume that certain sites are sending out links for members to vote, yes. It happens with all polls of this type.
Can we also assume what I asserted? That perhaps AOL users might have an anti-Obama bias, and that there's a pretty surly crowd of millions of others out there?

If someone was really that bored and had the skills, then they could easily change their IP address or whatever need be to vote twice. However, it's not even about voting more than once. That's a small fish in a large ocean in this case.
uh, no, you can not "easily" change your IP address

Can we also assume what I asserted? That perhaps AOL users might have an anti-Obama bias, and that there's a pretty surly crowd of millions of others out there?

We can assume that AOL users might have an anti-Obama stance. It all depends on demographics for this vote really.

I mean a poll on Fox News and a poll on MSNBC are most likely to be completely different.

there IS a crowd of millions of surly people who don't like Obama, regardless of whether Robert or Midnight is correct.

uh, no, you can not "easily" change your IP address
I can! Two mouse clicks brotha!

Take a look at this, which is exhibit A in that internet polls should not be trusted.

The Beauty of Internet: 4Chan Founder Sweeps Time's Most Influential List

Remember, it’s not Barack Obama, not Oprah Winfrey, not Pope Benedict XVI, but moot. He received 16,794,368 votes and an average influence rating of 90 (out of a possible 100).

4chan is popular, but not that popular. :lol:

Who Are the World's Most Influential People in 2009? - The 2009 TIME 100 Finalists - TIME

Look at the difference between 1st and 2nd. And what the first letter of the first 21 spell out.
so, you've proved that obamabots do vote in polls

there IS a crowd of millions of surly people who don't like Obama, regardless of whether Robert or Midnight is correct.
I've been trying to say we both are.

However:

The surly group I am referring to is the vast majority of indys and moderates, who voted FOR Obama and now are having serious buyer's remorse.

so, you've proved that obamabots do vote in polls

If you know anything about 4chan, then you know they aren't obamabots. They hate black people and call them the N word constantly. Have you ever actually been on 4chan? :confused:

Speaking of which, 4chan is currently having people go to this video and say RIP Miley. Some people are stupid enough to believe it. :rofl:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr0Wv5DJhuk]YouTube - Miley Cyrus - 7 Things - Official Music Video (HQ)[/ame]

I've been trying to say we both are.

However:

The surly group I am referring to is the vast majority of indys and moderates, who voted FOR Obama and now are having serious buyer's remorse.

there MUST be a group of people who fit your description. his approval rating has gone down (by RCP average, now) from 62 to 56 percent in the past few months.

Why would anyone want to be on that?

It's the same reason people want to see a car accident up close.

I'm not really sure whether most of the people are racist or just act it. Currently they got a thread up about how Muslims are going to take over Europe in less than 40 years.

Though that's only one of many "unique" threads. You really can't explain 4chan, more of a see for yourself thing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back