Current AOL poll, NOT looking good for Obama

The interesting thing is not the absolute numbers, but the rate of change, which is what they are reporting on.

The public always seems to be very much in favor of public health care, but in order to make it work, congress and the public have to see the details. And the details is what always kills it. As in this case.

So what we are seeing here in this poll is not the absolute number, which is kind of a low level of support for public health care, but a rapid decline in support for a particular plan as people get a better understanding of just what is going on.

this is same process as what happened to Hillary care 16 years ago. And Hillary care was a more sensible plan than this one.

So while the numbers are still positive, the rate of change looks pretty bleak.

Of course, the way congress is these days, that really doesn't matter much.

the aol numbers look like conservative types are being steered toward voting in the poll.

NOTE: Poll results are not scientific and reflect the opinions of only those users who chose to participate. Poll results are not reflected in real time.

AOL straw polls have always been a joke. People there have seven screen names, IM their pals to use their seven and so on. The irony is when I was posting on AOL during the campaign, Obama NEVER polled well on AOL. So this one is certainly nothing new.

President Obama Job Approval
Polling Data
Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread
RCP Average 7/9 - 7/19 -- 56.7 37.7 +19.0
ABC News/Wash Post 7/15 - 7/18 1001 A 59 37 +22
Gallup 7/17 - 7/19 1547 A 61 32 +29
Rasmussen Reports 7/17 - 7/19 1500 LV 50 49 +1
Diageo/Hotline 7/9 - 7/13 800 RV 56 38 +18
Ipsos/McClatchy 7/9 - 7/13 1007 A 57 38 +19

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

LOL. Another Conservative wet dream. What a clueless bunch of whining babys.
CBS News 7/9 - 7/12 944 A 57 32 +25

the more people hear about this poll the more obama's numbers will climb.

He has a huge online support base that will make sure of it. I've seen it before.

you watch within a few days 500,000 people will have voted and the numbers will change.

Regardless of the AOL poll the assholes numbers are still DROPPING!

No faster than other assholes who preceded him.

July 17, 2009
Poll: Obama approval rating dips under 60 percent
Posted: 05:39 PM ET
From CNN Deputy Political Director Paul Steinhauser

President Obama's approval rating has dropped under 60 percent according to a CNN Poll of Polls released Friday.

WASHINGTON (CNN) — An average of five national polls conducted in July indicates that President Barack Obama's approval rating has slipped under 60 percent.

Fifty-seven percent of Americans surveyed approve of the job Obama's doing as president, according to a CNN Poll of Polls compiled and released Friday, with 36 percent disapproving. In early June, Obama's average approval rating was 62 percent. It dropped a point to 61 percent by mid-June and stayed at that level through the rest of the month.

"Recent polls indicate that Obama's lowest ratings — and biggest losses — come on the public's perception of how he is handling the economy," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "And the latest CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll shows a double-digit drop in the number of Americans who think that the President has a clear plan for solving the country's problems. The public may not be as willing to give Obama the benefit of the doubt after six months on the job as they did when he first took office."

So how does Obama compare to his most recent predecessors six months into office?

George W. Bush also drew a 57 percent approval rating six months into his presidency, in July of 2001. Bill Clinton stood at 48 percent in July 1993. Two-thirds of Americans polled approved of George H.W. Bush's job as president in July 1989, and six out of 10 gave Ronald Reagan the thumbs-up in July 1981.

"Reagan, like Obama, got approval ratings in the high 50s and low 60s during most of his first summer in office," Holland says. "But as unemployment remained high, Reagan's approval rating dropped below 50 percent for the first time in November of 1981, and it stayed under 50 percent for the next two years."

CNN's Poll of Polls consists of five national surveys with interviews conducted in July: The Gallup tracking poll (July 13-15); Ipsos/McClatchy (July 9-13); Diageo/Hotline (July 9-13); USA Today/Gallup (July 10-12) and CBS News (July 9-12). The Poll of Polls does not have a sampling error.

and here come the obamabots to tell you how wrong this poll is
:lol:

the word is getting out there about the poll....you'll see a flood of strongly approve votes in the next 24 hours ;)
exactly

just like that MSNBC grade poll they had
where nearly everyone was giving him an F for a wekk then it turned to nearly everyone giving him an A

LOL
i sit back and laugh at this kinda shit and some take it SOOOOOOO super cereal

no bobby, but AOHell was slanted massively in favor of Obama
its funny that it has turned on him so soon

Again, these polls can be skewed so easily and trolled so easily that I put no weight into this.
You actually think people are sitting there voting time and time again, blowing up this poll to the tune of the HUNDREDS of thousands of votes you're seeing, AGAINST Obama? Folks are really troubling themselves in such large numbers?

If it's 100 trolls, they're all voting, clearing cache and cookies, then voting again, 1000 times? Have you tried it yourself on this poll?

He has a huge online support base that will make sure of it. I've seen it before.

you watch within a few days 500,000 people will have voted and the numbers will change.
We shall see. Have you tried to vote twice in this poll?

no bobby, but AOHell was slanted massively in favor of Obama
its funny that it has turned on him so soon

Again, these polls can be skewed so easily and trolled so easily that I put no weight into this.
You actually think people are sitting there voting time and time again, blowing up this poll to the tune of the HUNDREDS of thousands of votes you're seeing, AGAINST Obama? Folks are really troubling themselves in such large numbers?

If it's 100 trolls, they're all voting, clearing cache and cookies, then voting again, 1000 times? Have you tried it yourself on this poll?

It's the only thing that could possibly explain the fall of the Ossiah.

It's the only thing that could possibly explain the fall of the Ossiah.
Could it be to a large extent, just a plain old fashioned, surly populace out there right now? Six MILLION-plus, unemployed with no prospects? Millions more taking fewer hours and getting unpaid furloughs?

AOL is hardly new at online polling, and they have safeguards built in to limit jacking of their polls. One of them is, the results you're seeing aren't real-time, so the instant gratification factor is gone. They have some pretty neat techy ones as well, which is why I was asking you and Robert if either of you had tried voting twice.

It might be quite educational and interesting to give it the ol' college try, so to speak.

I guess Obama will never be president of AOL...

BTW, McCain won the AOL election poll...

Translation... pea brain poll

Let's just wait for the exit polls during the next President election. Well, that might not be a good idea. Somebody has to actually vote for Mr. Obama before you can conduct an exit poll. At the present rate his numbers are dropping his wife might not even vote for him next time around!:lol:

Forum List

Back