Votes: 1 6.3%
  • it was good but i can't give obama credit for ANYTHING

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
WOW Obama actually gave a speech I really agree with and think overall was good. FINALLY!!!!! The last speech he gave that sounded good was his inagural address IMO (Now i'm just talking speech, not if actions taken after are matching the words in the speech)

I wish he adressed Americans of ALL creeds and not just the NAACP's community but other than that his message is good and spot on.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv6EAaoFNno]YouTube - President Barack Obama addresses the 2009 NAACP Convention[/ame]

if you want shorter clips just type in Obama NAACP into your youtube search.

:lol: alas but he is our commander in cheif.

I currently disapprove of most of the bills he has signed his name to (especially all the auto, stimulus, tarp, corporate welfare....stuff)

I currently disapprove of most of the bills he has signed his name to (especially all the auto, stimulus, tarp, corporate welfare....stuff)

Bush signed the TARP bill... and most of the money has been repaid. Corporate welfare were our tax policies for the eight years prior.

If you're going to complain, pick the right person to bitch about.

The Stimulus and car folks actually helped working people since we'd have lost 2.5 million jobs affiliated with the auto industry, If you don't like corporate welfare, you should be ok with that one... .especially if it turns out they do what they should have done thirty years ago and produce a product people actually want to buy.

Bill Cosby said pretty much the same damned things and they confiscated his talismans of blackness.

Go figure.

I was thinking about that when I heard him giving that speech, those exact thoughts almost.

Dont worry jillian your response is on the way ;). I had typed it up and hit shift backspace by mistake and erased my whole post :(.

Bush signed the TARP bill... and most of the money has been repaid. Corporate welfare were our tax policies for the eight years prior.

The Stimulus and car folks actually helped working people since we'd have lost 2.5 million jobs affiliated with the auto industry, If you don't like corporate welfare, you should be ok with that one... .especially if it turns out they do what they should have done thirty years ago and produce a product people actually want to buy.

You are correct that Bush signed the TARP bill. You are incorrect in your assumption that I was happy about bush's defecits and little housing and other bailouts throughout his presidency. If you go look at some of my posts (do an advanced search by username with the keyword of bush to find them) you will see I rail on bush for that constantly.

HOWEVER, just because bush did it doesn't make it ok that obama continued it then expanded the idea out into other sections of the economy. Two wrongs do not make a right and Obama is a total douchebag for not cancelling what Bush had done. He could have stopped TARP in its tracks and stood up for the American people. Instead he did what all his backers wanted and gave our tax money to poorly run corporations.

You say the "stimulus and car folks" in your post in a way that sounds as if you think those things are working. Unemployment is climbing faster now, 7 months into Obama's term, than it was in the last 3 months of Bush's or first 3 months of his own so I say that it has yet to have any good effects.

I was the person screaming "LET THEM ALL FAIL, LET THE BAD BANKS FAIL, LET THE STUPID AUTO COMPANIES WHO SIGNED LABOR AGREEMENTS THEY CAN'T AFFORD FAIL"

You say that the car companies failed because they made a product no one wanted? I LOVED GM and Chrysler cars...still do actually...they made the best stuff out there. The problem is their average labor cost, with benefits, was over $70/hour while the foreign competition's average was just about at $40/hour. THIS is why they failed...bad management combined with bad labor agreements.

If you want to discuss the auto industry further create a thread, or find one of the many existing ones, then post a link here and i'll be happy to follow it and discuss.

You are correct that Bush signed the TARP bill. You are incorrect in your assumption that I was happy about bush's defecits and little housing and other bailouts throughout his presidency. If you go look at some of my posts (do an advanced search by username with the keyword of bush to find them) you will see I rail on bush for that constantly.

HOWEVER, just because bush did it doesn't make it ok that obama continued it then expanded the idea out into other sections of the economy. Two wrongs do not make a right and Obama is a total douchebag for not cancelling what Bush had done. He could have stopped TARP in its tracks and stood up for the American people. Instead he did what all his backers wanted and gave our tax money to poorly run corporations.

You say the "stimulus and car folks" in your post in a way that sounds as if you think those things are working. Unemployment is climbing faster now, 7 months into Obama's term, than it was in the last 3 months of Bush's or first 3 months of his own so I say that it has yet to have any good effects.

I was the person screaming "LET THEM ALL FAIL, LET THE BAD BANKS FAIL, LET THE STUPID AUTO COMPANIES WHO SIGNED LABOR AGREEMENTS THEY CAN'T AFFORD FAIL"

You say that the car companies failed because they made a product no one wanted? I LOVED GM and Chrysler cars...still do actually...they made the best stuff out there. The problem is their average labor cost, with benefits, was over $70/hour while the foreign competition's average was just about at $40/hour. THIS is why they failed...bad management combined with bad labor agreements.

If you want to discuss the auto industry further create a thread, or find one of the many existing ones, then post a link here and i'll be happy to follow it and discuss.
a lot of us were saying that

"It's just good to be among friends."

:lol:

imagine if a white guy had said that in front of the NAAWP :lol::lol:

Willow, you contribute nothing to thread. We all know you didn't even bother to watch the speech.

Forum List

Back