Is it racist?

• Yes

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Don't know

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
It's also a name people refer to stupid people as.
I don't care, learn some respect. And I have never called Bush a chimp, I have called him an idiot. I don't need to hide behind an animal name to say what I really mean. BUSH IS AN IDIOT! If you think Obama is an idiot just say so!

If it's fine to call Bush 'chimp' it's fine to call Obama 'monkey.' Just following the libbies' guidelines.
Why don't you be the bigger person and show enough respect to not use a racist term even if you don't mean it that way! You guys always have excuses!:eusa_boohoo:

Then be prepared to be called a racist!
as if that hasnt already happened
anyone not bending over and kissing Obama's ass is called a racist
you have already cheapened that to the point i really dont give a shit anymore

If it's a racist term why did the vast majority of libbies use it for 8 years? Are libs racist?

First of all, someone who calls himself "stoner" should really be more careful about the names he assigns to others.

Second, given Baby Bush's approval ratings, I'd say it's far more than "libbies" who disapprove of him.

Third, in case it's escaped your notice or the brain cells leading to the optic nerve don't work anymore, no one called Bush a monkey because of the color of his skin.

Personally, I'd be really embarrassed to try to justify that.

Might have to explain this one, not everyone knows the cartoon in question. And yes that would be a form of racism. Not just because Curious George is a monkey but because it has no bearing on Obama at all in any way form or shape EXCEPT the racial "monkey" part.

While I understand the racial overtones involved if one chooses to refer to a Black man or woman as a monkey, chimp, or even gorilla, I'm not convinced that referring to Obama as "Curious George" is necessarily offensive or even racially motivated. If viewing images of Obama and Curious George side by side, there is a resemblance, especially in the ears. Much as there a resemblance between George Bush and a chimp, which is why we've spent eight years hearing people referring to Bush as, among other things, a chimp. It seems to me that the greatest danger, obviously, lies in the historical context of using the names of various lower primates to refer to Blacks. Perhaps "Dumbo" would be more appropriate and racially sensitive? Personally, I prefer using the man's name, Barack, Obama, or Barack Obama, but that's just me.

no one called Bush a monkey because of the color of his skin.

And I'm not calling Obama a monkey because of the color of his skin.

If you'd pay more attention in these debates we wouldn't have to spend multiple posts getting you up to speed with the rest of us. Pay attention, sport.

If it's a racist term why did the vast majority of libbies use it for 8 years? Are libs racist?
No because it does not refer to Bush's race, it refers to his intelligence! SO therefore it cannot be a racist term and it has not been used to describe his race for the last 300 hundred years.
Pick something else to call him! Really I could careless what you call him, you are the one who looks like a racist if you do!

Last edited:
as if that hasnt already happened
anyone not bending over and kissing Obama's ass is called a racist
you have already cheapened that to the point i really dont give a shit anymore
No not everyone who doesn't like him is a racist, people who do not vote for him because he is black, think he is muslim, or call him monkey are racist. Plus there is the fact there are the people who keep bringing up the fact he is muslim like it should matters what his religion is. I mean who really cares if he is muslim, we have freedom of religion in this country!

Last edited:
No not everyone who doesn't like him is a racist, people who do not vote for him because he is black, think he is muslim, or call him monkey are racist. Plus there is the fact there are the people who keep bringing up the fact he is muslim like it should matter what is religion is. I mean who really cares if he is muslim, we have freedom of religion in this country!

And we have the right to vote using any criteria we like. It would be nice if we could get all the answers to our questions instead of jsut the ones the moderators ask. America is becoming what my high school teachers described to me as communism.

And we have the right to vote using any criteria we like. It would be nice if we could get all the answers to our questions instead of jsut the ones the moderators ask. America is becoming what my high school teachers described to me as communism.
Are you getting all your questions answered by McCain and Palin?

No not everyone who doesn't like him is a racist, people who do not vote for him because he is black, think he is muslim, or call him monkey are racist. Plus there is the fact there are the people who keep bringing up the fact he is muslim like it should matters what his religion is. I mean who really cares if he is muslim, we have freedom of religion in this country!

What about those of us not voting for him just because he flat out sucks donkey dick?

Are we racist?

(Ok, that was a little crude, but I'm really crabby)

You must have had some pretty dumb teachers.

so you would be ok if we just called Obama stupid?
since calling bush a chimp is just calling him stupid, wouldnt that be the same as calling him a chimp?
words mean things

Calling him a chimp is NOT just calling him stupid, actually. This is quite a simple concept. The term monkey has racial overtones when directed at a black man.

Forum List

Back