Is it racist?

• Yes

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Don't know

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
calling a white man a chimp doesn't have racist connotations to it like it does for a black man. now im not for calling anyone a monkey whether they are black or white, but im just saying it's different.

And those claiming other wise know it or should. Somethings simply ARE. This is one of them.

then these same people complaining about Obama being compared to a monkey should also denounce Bush being called one as well

have you ever heard anyone call a white person a monkey as a racial slur? I doubt it DC. You're over simplifying again to make excuses for the racist behavior which you seem to condone.

now if people were referring to Bush as a dumb cracker I would say that was racist.

calling a white man a chimp doesn't have racist connotations to it like it does for a black man. now im not for calling anyone a monkey whether they are black or white, but im just saying it's different.
i thought we were supposed to be color blind?
and treat EVERYONE(regardless of race) the same

I don't see how a cartoon that was created before Obama hit the scene can be considered RACIST because Obama comes along decades later and happens to look like Curious George.

Who is also adorable, I might add.

But Obama really does resemble him, but it's obviously inadvertent and not the creator's fault. How was he supposed to know that somebody would come along 60 years down the line and look just like Curious George? It's a freak coincidence.

You want to question the motives of authors...take a look at Roald Dahl. That guy was just a FREAK.

Woohoo. At least I'm not the one little lone person on the whole board that doesn't think it's racist.

**does happy dance**

clearly referring to a black man as a monkey has a racist tinge to it.. denying it is ridiculous.

That's fucking idiotic. 'Monkey' has long been a term to describe stupid people, regardless of race. Been used ever since I can remember.

I love the double standard. It's ok to call Bush 'chimp' but not okay to call Obama 'monkey.'

Since the libs have had so much fun with calling Bush 'chimp' it's more than fair to call Obama 'monkey.' From now on, Obama is a monkey because he's a complete fucking dolt. After all, you libs love equality, right? Well here you go.

Its such a double standard. I mean whites don't get upset when I call them "******", so why do blacks? I just can't understand it.

Hi, they get upset because of the history of racism and the connotations these things have. This double standard bullshit is like you don't understand the difference between a bonfire in ones yard to keep warm, and a burning cross. Connotations matter.

You DO see your blatantly obvious double-standard, right? Calling Bush a chimp is nothing but calling Obama a chimp is WAY more.

I'll stick to one standard.
One way is to say he is stupid! The other is because the white man always said black people looked like monkeys. Like many have said on here, calling a black man a monkey has been a racial term probably since the slave trade began. Even if the guy didn't mean it that way there is certain things you should not say. And if they want to refer to him as a cartoon character they should use one that doesn't have so much racist undertone! Like I have said before there are such characters as Dennis the Menace they could use. For one that way they would not be accused of being racist.

One way is to say he is stupid! The other is because the white man always said black people looked like monkeys. Like many have said on here, calling a black man a monkey has been a racial term probably since the slave trade began. Even if the guy didn't mean it that way there is certain things you should not say. And if they want to refer to him as a cartoon character they should use one that doesn't have so much racist undertone! Like I have said before there are such characters as Dennis the Menace they could use. For one that way they would not be accused of being racist.
so you would be ok if we just called Obama stupid?
since calling bush a chimp is just calling him stupid, wouldnt that be the same as calling him a chimp?
words mean things

Libs want equality. They're going to get it. It was acceptable to call Bush 'chimp' for 8 years so it's got to be acceptable to call Obama a similiar name.

Obama will now be referred to as Monkey.

Last edited:
Libs want equality. They're going to get it. It was acceptable to call Bush 'chimp' for 4 years so it's got to be acceptable to call Obama a similiar name.

Obama will now be referred to as Monkey.
uh, 8 years

My bad. Thanks for the redirect.
your welcome

if its ok to call one human "chimp" it must be ok to call any human the same

wouldnt want to discriminate ya know

of course, for those idiot moron libs, its not really ok to call ANY human a chimp, but it hasnt stopped them for the past 8 FUCKING YEARS

Last edited:
so you would be ok if we just called Obama stupid?
since calling bush a chimp is just calling him stupid, wouldnt that be the same as calling him a chimp?
words mean things
You can call him stupid all you want! But you should have enough respect to know that monkey is a racial term for black people and not to use it. Just like one should not use retard when refering to developmentally disabled person.
Even if you don't mean it that way, you should still not use the term.
And you know some of those people calling him Curious George, isnt because he is curious or stupid!

Last edited:
You can call him stupid all you want! But you should have enough respect to know that monkey is a racial term for black people and not use it. Just like one should not use retard when refering to developmentally disabled person.
Even if you don't mean it the one it could sound, you should still not use the term.
And you some of those people calling him Curious George, is because he is curious or stupid!
see above
you guys set this up, now you gotta deal with it

Forum List

Back