Culture wars in the corner drugstore

Shattered said:
D.. In the scenario, she was RAPED. No planning there.

Yes...it's taken her 'close to the 72hr window' to get what she wanted. She could have went to the doctor's sooner...and allowed more time.

dilloduck said:
Get the emergency room to give you what you need-----hopefully you went there after being raped

In CO if you go to a Catholic Hospital they are not required to even inform you of the existence of this drug, let alone prescribe it to you. Don't assume that if you are in the ER you will be able to get this drug.

-=d=- said:
Yes...it's taken her 'close to the 72hr window' to get what she wanted. She could have went to the doctor's sooner...and allowed more time.

You've obviously never been raped.

Shattered--you have an issue with people with religious beliefs interfering in you life---we have pointed out several ways around your dilema yet you seem determined to continue to claim how you are being harmed somehow. I think you are dramtically over stating the amount of torture you go through due to "persecution" by the religious.

no1tovote4 said:
In CO if you go to a Catholic Hospital they are not required to even inform you of the existence of this drug, let alone prescribe it to you. Don't assume that if you are in the ER you will be able to get this drug.

I would bet you can ask for it.-------Cmon, I refuse to believe anyone could not obtain what they need within 72 hours.

-=d=- said:
They should deny any or all medications based on their values and judgements. If they suspect I am abusing Narcotics, it's probably their DUTY to deny the perscription.

The 'what if they denied you...' argument doesn't work because they aren't denying 'medication' to make somebody better. They are denying 'chemicals' which serves no purpose than to abort a fertilized embryo - whether science supports that or not, they are right to stand up for their principles.
Bull! ya knew I'd be here didn't ya?..Pharmacist fill scripts..It's not their duty nor responsibility to determine anything cept script validity, they pill count, the Doctors make all the other decisions..not a drug store pharmacist.

dilloduck said:
I would bet you can ask for it.-------Cmon, I refuse to believe anyone could not obtain what they need within 72 hours.

Nope, that law was just vetoed by the Gov.

They are not required to prescribe this drug against the belief of the Institution, nor to even inform them of the existence of the drug.

A law was passed by the D Congress in CO to force them to give them info about the drug and to prescribe the drug and send them to a Pharmacy if they refused to dispense the drug to a patient, it was recently vetoed by Gov. Bill Owens.

They can however go to Planned Parenthood and get the drug prescribed and dispensed at the same time.

Shattered said:
No poorer than assuming it's her fault for not "getting there sooner".

It's much poorer. Can you equate "discussing the events of a fictional character" and "making raped or not-raped accusations about people on this forum"??

Mr. P said:
Bull! ya knew I'd be here didn't ya?..Pharmacist fill scripts..It's not their duty nor responsibility to determine anything cept script validity, they pill count, the Doctors make all the other decisions..not a drug store pharmacist.

bull--Pharmacists are more aware of all the meds that the patient takes than the Doc-----they have saved lives by not giving a patient a scrip that in combination with other drugs would kill them

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Mr. P said:

I knew you'd be here...and I knew you'd be wrong as usual. Read up a few replies. I went into how Pharmacists describe their duties.

no1tovote4 said:
Nope, that law was just vetoed by the Gov.

They are not required to prescribe this drug against the belief of the Institution, nor to even inform them of the existence of the drug.

A law was passed by the D Congress in CO to force them to give them info about the drug and to prescribe the drug and send them to a Pharmacy if they refused to dispense the drug to a patient, it was recently vetoed by Gov. Bill Owens.

They can however go to Planned Parenthood and get the drug prescribed and dispensed at the same time.

BINGO---no problem

-=d=- said:
It's much poorer. Can you equate "discussing the events of a fictional character" and "making raped or not-raped accusations about people on this forum"??

I don't know about you, but most people I know use personal examples to help further their points.

What gives you the idea that this character is strictly fictional, and that this has never actually happened before? Nowhere in the portions I posted did it state this was fictional.. In the link, however, it did state that specific scenarios were left out in order to discuss the important parts, which are: should pharmacists be allowed to do this, and where are their legal rights defined?

Legally, they have the right.. but that doesn't make it right in the eyes of the world.

Shattered said:
I don't know about you, but most people I know use personal examples to help further their points.

What gives you the idea that this character is strictly fictional, and that this has never actually happened before? Nowhere in the portions I posted did it state this was fictional.. In the link, however, it did state that specific scenarios were left out in order to discuss the important parts, which are: should pharmacists be allowed to do this, and where are their legal rights defined?

Legally, they have the right.. but that doesn't make it right in the eyes of the world.

you have your right--so does the pharmacist

Forum List

Back