Culture wars in the corner drugstore

Shattered said:
Right now you do.. What would happen if it were to become a very personal issue for you?

...there are 10 Rite-Aid stores within 20 miles of my house...and MANY more pharmacies..

safewalgreens.jpg

no1tovote4 said:
What if they denied you Morphine for your pain because they were against getting high? What if they denied it because it can be used to commit suicide if you overdose?

Which drugs should they deny and on what grounds?

Hence the "What if it becomes a very personal issue" question... I don't believe in recreational drug use... What if I feel that D looks like a drug addict, and refuse to dispense his pain medication because I believe he'll use it in a manner other than intended, or he'll sell it?

no1tovote4 said:
What if they denied you Morphine for your pain because they were against getting high? What if they denied it because it can be used to commit suicide if you overdose?

Which drugs should they deny and on what grounds?

They should deny any or all medications based on their values and judgements. If they suspect I am abusing Narcotics, it's probably their DUTY to deny the perscription.

The 'what if they denied you...' argument doesn't work because they aren't denying 'medication' to make somebody better. They are denying 'chemicals' which serves no purpose than to abort a fertilized embryo - whether science supports that or not, they are right to stand up for their principles.

-=d=- said:
...there are 10 Rite-Aid stores within 20 miles of my house...and MANY more pharmacies..

safewalgreens.jpg

A lot of people live in small, rural areas wherein the next closest pharmacy it at least an hour, if not more, away. In this womans case (above), the pharmacy she was standing in was the only one that took credit cards, and she had no access to any other form of payment, but had a 72 hour deadline.

-=d=- said:

safewalgreens.jpg

The closest Pharmacy to my house is about 30 miles away. While there might be many more in the city it just becomes a truly dangerous ploy if I need medication and they begin to attempt to become my religious councillor rather than my Pharmacist.

-=d=- said:
They should deny any or all medications based on their values and judgements. If they suspect I am abusing Narcotics, it's probably their DUTY to deny the perscription.

The 'what if they denied you...' argument doesn't work because they aren't denying 'medication' to make somebody better. They are denying 'chemicals' which serves no purpose than to abort a fertilized embryo - whether science supports that or not, they are right to stand up for their principles.

So..do you believe this woman, who was raped, should be forced by a pharmacist to carry to full term? The government doesn't even have the right (yet) to insist on that.

Shattered said:
So..do you believe this woman, who was raped, should be forced by a pharmacist to carry to full term? The government doesn't even have the right (yet) to insist on that.

I can't answer that because it's intellectually dishonest...You are creating a scenario which has NO possibility of happening.

-=d=- said:
I can't answer that because it's intellectually dishonest...You are creating a scenario which has NO possibility of happening.

Umm.. D.. how does it have no possibility of happening? Did you read the link? That was one of the examples used.

Shattered said:

Any doctor has the right to refuse to perform an abortion---what's the difference ?

Trigg said:
IF the pharmacist ownes the company than that's another story. Of course he might loose business because people are going to another store that stocks everything they want.

Which is exactly why I dont see the problems with this. Competitors will do what they can't. No one wont have a prescription.

Shattered said:
Umm.. D.. how does it have no possibility of happening? Did you read the link? That was one of the examples used.

Shattered, to be fair to D they are likely to be able to find another Pharmacist in the area quickly and with little hassle. Not everybody lives in the boondocks, it is why they are called the boondocks.

Shattered said:

A Pharmacist cannot FORCE a woman to carry a baby to term. It's not even plausible, unless he took a pregnant lady, and kidnapped her, I suppose.

no1tovote4 said:
Shattered, to be fair to D they are likely to be able to find another Pharmacist in the area quickly and with little hassle. Not everybody lives in the boondocks, it is why they are called the boondocks.

Bingo...nobody has the absolute right to shop wherever they please.

Shattered said:
A lot of people live in small, rural areas wherein the next closest pharmacy it at least an hour, if not more, away. In this womans case (above), the pharmacy she was standing in was the only one that took credit cards, and she had no access to any other form of payment, but had a 72 hour deadline.

ATM. Most accept Credit Cards too.

no1tovote4 said:

I only know that my closest Walgreens is 3 miles away.. If that one ever refused to dispense a prescription to me, the next one is about 30 miles away.

I believe if you're incapable of doing your job without prejudice, then you need to find another job.

Shattered said:

You answered your own question there...

If it took her an hour - lets say THREE hours - she'd still have 69 hours left.

(shrug). I don't see the problem.

Shattered said:
I only know that my closest Walgreens is 3 miles away.. If that one ever refused to dispense a prescription to me, the next one is about 30 miles away.

I believe if you're incapable of doing your job without prejudice, then you need to find another job.

Thats simply not up to you to decide

Shattered said:

What is the closest Grocery Store? If you live within three miles of a Walgreens then it is unlikely that you live out in the Boondocks with us hicks. There are other places that have Pharmacists than Walgreens.

Shattered said:

Where's the prejudice? It's about people having 'standards' and 'living up to their standards'.

Forum List

Back