Cultural exhaustion

Galli says he and his friends were sitting at a table during brunch break when the Vice Principal asked two of the boys to remove American flag bandannas that they wearing on their heads and for the others to turn their American flag t-shirts inside-out. When they refused, the boys were ordered to go to the principal's office.

"They said we could wear it on any other day, but today is sensitive to Mexican Americans because it's supposed to be their holiday so we were not allowed to wear it today," Daniel Galli said.
The boys said the administrators called their t-shirts "incendiary" that would lead to fights on campus.

Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home | NBC Bay Area

The 'administrator' needs to lose his job and then he needs to be run out of the community.

If they had been wearing French Flags I might get that they were "trying to cause trouble" but the article clearly states that the Mexican AMERCIAN studens were offended by the American flag.

I wonder if the American flag which usually sits in the principal’s office and auditorium in schools was removed because it might be deemed offensive to the Mexican American students on the 5th of May?

Today the Mexican American Students ( about 200) held a protest waving Mexican Flags in support of the schools decision to send the boys home. Were they sent home for being "disruptive"?

American Flag Clothing Sparks New Protest

American Flag Clothing Sparks New Protest - NBCBAYAREA- msnbc.com

You have a point. They were warned.

However, my point and others is when the rules themselves teach hypocrisy, it's not a good lesson to youth.

Having a riot at school is also slightly detrimental to educational goals and objectives.

No, it is not. But, there was no riot. Following authority is a good lesson. Teaching just authority is also a valuable lesson. And, when authority is unjust, teaching non-violent disobedience is a good lesson on how to effect change from unjust authority.

Finally, doing it right from the start is a great lesson.

You people haven't heard a word I've said.

Your world of theoretical teaching and administering is wonderful: of course, we would all love the luxury to live within it's ideal.

Unhappily, we manage schools in the REAL world.

On Earth we are trying to manage to get through each day in SOME US highschools without a fucking riot. If it takes asking a few kids to change their clothes on Sinko Day Mayo, then so be it.

Last edited:
Where's the ACLU?

There's going to be a lawsuit if I have to fund it myself!!!

I know that conservatives are SOOOOOOO fkn deranged that they actually believe that the ACLU NEVER works for the benefit of the rights of conservatives and christians.

That is, of course, just pure balderdash.

The ACLU (unlike its' conservative/christian counterpart, the ACLJ) works for the rights of ALL Americans. If you actually check their case logs you will find that they work for the rights of ALL Americans and they don't care what ideology you are.

however
I know that conservatives are SOOOOOOOOO stupid and rotten that they actually think that any organization that works for the rights of anyone who isn't a right wing hatefilled lunatic MUST be a left wing organization that NEVER works for the rights of conservatives..

"but today is sensitive to Mexican-Americans because it's supposed to be their holiday so we were not allowed to wear it today."

Sensitive to Mexicans? Or Mexican Americans? I doubt a Mexican American would find the American flag offensive.

And did the jackass consider that displaying the Mexican flag is offensive to many American's? Wouldn't that be just as likely to cause a fight in school?

Apparently not. Like I said, second class citizens in our own country.

You have a point. They were warned.

However, my point and others is when the rules themselves teach hypocrisy, it's not a good lesson to youth.

Having a riot at school is also slightly detrimental to educational goals and objectives.

And we want to teach our children that society avoids violence by kowtowing to its purveyors, rather than by refusing to accept and allow violent behavior?

What a wonderful message in a post-9/11 world: If people offer you violence for expressing your beliefs and loyalties, shut the hell up and appease them.

Guess it's all part of that "no tolerance" policy. I think our schools were better when kids could fight back. I think everything was better when we were allowed to fight back.

... I would have fought the Mexicans who shouldn't be here anyway for my right. ...

Mexicans don't belong in America? How many of them are doing what right wing, loud mouths, yellow bellied patriots on anonymous internet message boards are not doing---defending America in the armed forces?

At that school? NONE!!!!! And you neg repped me and called me an idiot?????

If true most people here should hold their heads in shame. Racists like that 'granny' poster.

people here do not distinguish between Mexican Americans and Mexicans and see them all walking lock step like a GOP Tea Party rally

Bullshit! That is a troll if I ever saw one. This is why I was confused earlier when you claimed Mexican Americans have a problem with the rest of America.

The rest of America is not trying to rid ourselves of Mexican Americans but illegal immigrants. There should be no problem with that in any hyphenated American community.

againshiella, granny and others have insulted Mexicans as a whole. and illegal immigrant does not equal Mexican

I have insulted Mexicans in America who are complaining about the American flag. Not ALL Mexicans. And certainly not all Mexican/Americans. You forget, I lived with a Mexican family in Mexico years ago for several months. They were great and I loved them. I'm sorry I lost touch with them. Our senora was really nice to me, she even made me a hamburger when I was homesick and trust me, that wasn't easy 30 years ago in Mexico.

I have friends who are Americans of Mexican decent. There is no way I would insult them. I do not include them with the Mexicans that complained about the students that wore our colors to school, because I know they wouldn't have joined the one's complaining. Again, two of those students were of Hispanic decent, I certainly wouldn't want to offend them, I'm on their side.

BTW, Mexicans, like Americans, come in all races and colors. In fact, while I lived in Mexico I was mistaken for a Mexican by a visiting American tourist, and I'm white for a white person.

CaféAuLait;2281494 said:
If they had been wearing French Flags I might get that they were "trying to cause trouble" but the article clearly states that the Mexican AMERCIAN studens were offended by the American flag.

I wonder if the American flag which usually sits in the principal’s office and auditorium in schools was removed because it might be deemed offensive to the Mexican American students on the 5th of May?

Today the Mexican American Students ( about 200) held a protest waving Mexican Flags in support of the schools decision to send the boys home. Were they sent home for being "disruptive"?

American Flag Clothing Sparks New Protest

American Flag Clothing Sparks New Protest - NBCBAYAREA- msnbc.com

See Dante....those are the people I was talking about when I said "Mexicans". Sorry if you thought I was talking about all of them.

No, it is not. But, there was no riot. Following authority is a good lesson. Teaching just authority is also a valuable lesson. And, when authority is unjust, teaching non-violent disobedience is a good lesson on how to effect change from unjust authority.

Your world of theoretical teaching and administering is wonderful: of course, we would all love the luxury to live within it's ideal.

On Earth we are trying to manage to get through each day in SOME US highschools without a fucking riot. If it takes asking a few kids to change their clothes on Sinko Day Mayo, then so bee it.

No, you don't get it. Convincing Americans not to wear our colors in order not to insult Mexicans in our culture is teaching our students the wrong lesson. If they can't control those Mexican students, then they shouldn't be teaching, or the students should be expelled. There is no excuse for this incident. Again, the Mexicans don't even understand their own holiday. It hardly even celebrated in Mexico and it's just another excuse for Americans to have parties and drink here. We celebrate it more than Mexico does. Being insulted at any time of year by seeing the American colors means you don't belong here...go home.

Where's the ACLU?

There's going to be a lawsuit if I have to fund it myself!!!

I know that conservatives are SOOOOOOO fkn deranged that they actually believe that the ACLU NEVER works for the benefit of the rights of conservatives and christians.

That is, of course, just pure balderdash.

The ACLU (unlike its' conservative/christian counterpart, the ACLJ) works for the rights of ALL Americans. If you actually check their case logs you will find that they work for the rights of ALL Americans and they don't care what ideology you are.

however
I know that conservatives are SOOOOOOOOO stupid and rotten that they actually think that any organization that works for the rights of anyone who isn't a right wing hatefilled lunatic MUST be a left wing organization that NEVER works for the rights of conservatives..

So, great defender of the ACLU, where are they in this case???

On Earth we are trying to manage to get through each day in SOME US highschools without a fucking riot. If it takes asking a few kids to change their clothes on Sinko Day Mayo, then so bee it.

Try telling a few Jews to not fly the Star of David to pacify the mob.

Galli says he and his friends were sitting at a table during brunch break when the Vice Principal asked two of the boys to remove American flag bandannas that they wearing on their heads and for the others to turn their American flag t-shirts inside-out. When they refused, the boys were ordered to go to the principal's office.

"They said we could wear it on any other day, but today is sensitive to Mexican Americans because it's supposed to be their holiday so we were not allowed to wear it today," Daniel Galli said.
The boys said the administrators called their t-shirts "incendiary" that would lead to fights on campus.

Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home | NBC Bay Area
This is endgame.

Beck's prediction of all the enemies of freedom making that one final charge to destroy all that is good and right in the world through freedom and liberty is happening.

The sad part is the culture is not only exhausted, it is out of condition to for very few have defended it, taught it or been proud of it for decades.

Our enemies are praying with all their might we are now too tired to defend ourselves one last time, so they can finally rewrite the world in their image.

Then welcome to the second dark ages. May they be a damn sight shorter than the first set.

:confused:

Are American Jews flying "the Star of David" on Sinko Day Mayo?

If they were do you think you could make them stop without a fight on your hands ?

If they were do you think you could make them stop without a fight on your hands ?

I'm not sure.

If Jews "flying the Star of David on Sinko Day Mayo," did not cause a disruptive environment in the school, I wouldn't care.

But if it did, I'd warn them, then if they refused, I'd discipline them on the basis of their defiance of School Administration.

The safety of students is the priority of school administration, and student's individual rights of expression come in at a distant (second? third? forth?).

I'm not sure.

If Jews "flying the Star of David on Sinko Day Mayo," did not cause a disruptive environment in the school, I wouldn't care.

But if it did, I'd warn them, then if they refused, I'd discipline them on the basis of their defiance of School Administration.

The safety of students is the priority of school administration, and student's individual rights of expression come in at a distant (second? third? forth?).

The JADL would be all over your ass like stink on shit in less than an hour

I'm not sure.

The sad part is, the disruption would not be made by the Jewish students... only those that hated them for daring to show pride in their culture. So the discipline would best fall on those 'tolerant' souls who refused others to be proud in their culture I guess.

Well that's how it'd go down on my bus with plenty of write ups to go around. But I'm with ya Sampson. :)

Forum List

Back