Cultural exhaustion

American's have become second class citizens in their own country. Even Mexico doesn't make a big deal about cinco de mayo. They celebrate their independence in Sept.

Mexicans here must be stupid. Worse, to be insulted because American citizens are wearing American colors IN AMERICA????????? What the heck?????

I hope those families sue the heck out of that school. As for the Mexicans who claim to be insulted.... GO HOME!!!!!!!

:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Galli says he and his friends were sitting at a table during brunch break when the Vice Principal asked two of the boys to remove American flag bandannas that they wearing on their heads and for the others to turn their American flag t-shirts inside-out. When they refused, the boys were ordered to go to the principal's office.

"They said we could wear it on any other day, but today is sensitive to Mexican Americans because it's supposed to be their holiday so we were not allowed to wear it today," Daniel Galli said.
The boys said the administrators called their t-shirts "incendiary" that would lead to fights on campus.

Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home | NBC Bay Area

American's have become second class citizens in their own country. Even Mexico doesn't make a big deal about cinco de mayo. They celebrate their independence in Sept.

Mexicans here must be stupid. Worse, to be insulted because American citizens are wearing American colors IN AMERICA????????? What the heck?????

I hope those families sue the heck out of that school. As for the Mexicans who claim to be insulted.... GO HOME!!!!!!!

:cuckoo:

YOu seriously can't be this fucking dumb, can you? Oh, poor white americans, really have it bad:cuckoo:

As every day of the year has a saint associated with it, every day is a religious holiday.

Denying that St. Paddy's is more than a day of celebration of Irish heritage here is disingenuous. Same with Cinco de Mayo, only Mexican heritage.

Look up the history of St. Patricks day, St. Patrick is the patron Saint of Ireland, but he is celebrated by all Roman Catholics, not just those in Ireland. As I stated the tradition of the St. Patricks Day parade started here in America.
Ummmm. As a Roman Catholic and as an American of 100% Irish heritiage, I'm pretty satisfied with my knowledge of this topic.

The Church - that would be the Roman Catholic Church - has assigned a saint to every day of the year. Technically, every single day is a religious holiday, if a saint's day is to be classified as such.

The only 'saint's' day that is a Holy Day of Obligation (a religious holiday, according to The Church) in The Church is All Saints' Day.

Again, to deny that St. Patrick's Day here in the USA is anything but a celebration of Irish heritage is disingenous.

That's your opinion.

"The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery."
Most in the non-troll population understand the difference between a flag and an image of the flag.

Our public schools are filled with idiots working for them. That makes me have much respect for the level of patience the non-idiot employees must have.

I donno Si, did you read the article?:

..... Cinco de Mayo is not any typical day especially on a campus with a large Mexican American student population.

Galli says he and his friends were sitting at a table during brunch break when the vice principal asked two of the boys to remove American flag bandannas that they wearing on their heads and for the others to turn their American flag T-shirts inside out.

They were warned

When they refused, the boys were ordered to go to the principal's office.

They were insolent

"They said we could wear it on any other day," Daniel Galli said, "but today is sensitive to Mexican-Americans because it's supposed to be their holiday so we were not allowed to wear it today."

The boys said the administrators called their T-shirts "incendiary" that would lead to fights on campus.

Essentially, the School Administration was doing nothing that our own USMB mods do with Octopron. It is their responsibility to keep the school running smoothly, not to hold court and decide what is constitutional or not.

The School Admin did their jobs.

It is the right for ANY American on ANY day to be proud of their country, to wear their countries colors...etc. I would have stayed at school and gotten suspended. I would have fought the Mexicans who shouldn't be here anyway for my right. And if it was my kid, that principle would be toast. (yes I misspelled it on purpose).

Anyone who is insulted in this country when an American wears a shirt with the American flag on it, needs to GO HOME immediately.

What started here was celebrating Saint Patrick's day as a way to shove being Irish and Proud into the faces of other Americans.
I wonder how many times people looking to start trouble by saying they were Americans without a hyphen, got their asses kicked during the celebrations?

Prove it!

Prove it? I grew up in Boston. It is a town were the Irish (disclosure: part of family is of Irish heritage) had a chip on their shoulder even while controlling the whole city.

At one time the Irish Catholics in America were detested because they had too many children, spoke with accents, were poor and dirty, and had odd customs...and were papists.

hmmm, sound familiar?

how teh fuck do you think St. Patty's day started? Shit it is a PC crime to call a police van a Patty Wagon.

The Irish American PC crowd is insufferable in places like Boston.

Yes prove it.

Where's the ACLU?

There's going to be a lawsuit if I have to fund it myself!!!

Idiots like you have no idea what the ACLU is about. I would think if this becomes a case the ACLU would file a friend of the court brief. But I fail to see a case:

Morgan Hill Unified School District released a statement saying it does not agree with how Live Oak High School administrators handled this incident and that the boys would not be suspended.

Read more: California kids blasted for wearing American flag shirts on Cinco de Mayo

I understand the Principal wanted to avoid a physical disturbance. What would you have done as Principal?

Many members of Live Oak High School's large Mexican-American student population that felt it was offensive for the students to wear the American flag on a day that's supposed to celebrate Mexican heritage.

When the boys refused to take off their flag t-shirts and bandannas, they were ordered to go to the principal's office.

"They said we could wear it on any other day," Live Oak student Daniel Galli said, "but today is sensitive to Mexican-Americans because it's supposed to be their holiday so we were not allowed to wear it today."

The alleged concern was that the T-shirts would lead to fights on campus.

"They said if we tried to go back to class with our shirts not taken off, they said it was defiance and we would get suspended," said Dominic Maciel.

Read more: California kids blasted for wearing American flag shirts on Cinco de Mayo

I would point out that they are living and attending school in America, not Mexico. If they want to go to a school were American colors are not allowed, they need to move to Mexico. I would also ask them to discuss with their parents why they came here and why they would be insulted to see American colors at school on ANY day.

Look up the history of St. Patricks day, St. Patrick is the patron Saint of Ireland, but he is celebrated by all Roman Catholics, not just those in Ireland. As I stated the tradition of the St. Patricks Day parade started here in America.
Ummmm. As a Roman Catholic and as an American of 100% Irish heritiage, I'm pretty satisfied with my knowledge of this topic.

The Church - that would be the Roman Catholic Church - has assigned a saint to every day of the year. Technically, every single day is a religious holiday, if a saint's day is to be classified as such.

The only 'saint's' day that is a Holy Day of Obligation (a religious holiday, according to The Church) in The Church is All Saints' Day.

Again, to deny that St. Patrick's Day here in the USA is anything but a celebration of Irish heritage is disingenous.

That's your opinion.
If you wish to think that St. Patrick's Day is a religious holiday any more than every other saint's day of the year, go for it. The Church disagrees with you.

Where's the ACLU?

Idiots like you have no idea what the ACLU is about. I would think if this becomes a case the ACLU would file a friend of the court brief. But I fail to see a case:

I understand the Principal wanted to avoid a physical disturbance. What would you have done as Principal?

Many members of Live Oak High School's large Mexican-American student population that felt it was offensive for the students to wear the American flag on a day that's supposed to celebrate Mexican heritage.

When the boys refused to take off their flag t-shirts and bandannas, they were ordered to go to the principal's office.

"They said we could wear it on any other day," Live Oak student Daniel Galli said, "but today is sensitive to Mexican-Americans because it's supposed to be their holiday so we were not allowed to wear it today."

"They said if we tried to go back to class with our shirts not taken off, they said it was defiance and we would get suspended," said Dominic Maciel.

I would have left the kids alone. Fuck mexico and fuck cinco de mayo, this is the United States of America, why the fuck would any reasonable American want to celebrate a mexican holiday. I say if you wish to celebrate mexican holidays, then move your ass to mexico!

Of course the principle could also explain exactly what cinco de mayo is, <basically Mexico's alamo> and that it's not celebrated more in this country than in Mexico and that mexican independence day is in sept not may. But of course, we can't let facts get in the way of the mexicans that want to take over this country, and thanks to principles like this, are succeeding.

just heard on the news that two of the kids wearing the flags were mexican american....

If true most people here should hold their heads in shame. Racists like that 'granny' poster.

people here do not distinguish between Mexican Americans and Mexicans and see them all walking lock step like a GOP Tea Party rally

Bullshit! That is a troll if I ever saw one. This is why I was confused earlier when you claimed Mexican Americans have a problem with the rest of America.

The rest of America is not trying to rid ourselves of Mexican Americans but illegal immigrants. There should be no problem with that in any hyphenated American community.

Hi, you have received -48 reputation points from Dante.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
2nd class? you fucking idiot!

Regards,
Dante

You know, I disagree with you, but I haven't once resorted to cussing at or insulting you, why do you think I deserved to be neg repped? Because you disagree with me?

What started here was celebrating Saint Patrick's day as a way to shove being Irish and Proud into the faces of other Americans.
I wonder how many times people looking to start trouble by saying they were Americans without a hyphen, got their asses kicked during the celebrations?

Prove it!

Prove it? I grew up in Boston. It is a town were the Irish (disclosure: part of family is of Irish heritage) had a chip on their shoulder even while controlling the whole city.

At one time the Irish Catholics in America were detested because they had too many children, spoke with accents, were poor and dirty, and had odd customs...and were papists.

hmmm, sound familiar?

how teh fuck do you think St. Patty's day started? Shit it is a PC crime to call a police van a Patty Wagon.

The Irish American PC crowd is insufferable in places like Boston.

Well...it was drinking I believe. Followed closely by cloaking the holiday in the church with a reference to Saint Patrick driving snakes out of Ireland? Today, it is a platform for folks like you to spread blarney

I would have left the kids alone. Fuck mexico and fuck cinco de mayo, this is the United States of America, why the fuck would any reasonable American want to celebrate a mexican holiday. I say if you wish to celebrate mexican holidays, then move your ass to mexico!

Of course the principle could also explain exactly what cinco de mayo is, <basically Mexico's alamo> and that it's not celebrated more in this country than in Mexico and that mexican independence day is in sept not may. But of course, we can't let facts get in the way of the mexicans that want to take over this country, and thanks to principles like this, are succeeding.

I can't say for sure what I would have done as principal, but I can say that was a tough position for someone in charge of kids safety.

Galli says he and his friends were sitting at a table during brunch break when the Vice Principal asked two of the boys to remove American flag bandannas that they wearing on their heads and for the others to turn their American flag t-shirts inside-out. When they refused, the boys were ordered to go to the principal's office.

"They said we could wear it on any other day, but today is sensitive to Mexican Americans because it's supposed to be their holiday so we were not allowed to wear it today," Daniel Galli said.
The boys said the administrators called their t-shirts "incendiary" that would lead to fights on campus.

Students Wearing American Flag Shirts Sent Home | NBC Bay Area

YOu seriously can't be this fucking dumb, can you? Oh, poor white americans, really have it bad:cuckoo:

Two of those students were Mexican American and you call me cuckoo????

I am in complete agreement with the Code Section that sets out proper use and respect for the Flag. I haven't seen a whole lot of American Flags being displayed by Mexicans or the Mexican community. They're flying or displaying the Mexican flag in every available place they can. They have no intention of becoming citizens of America.

Where I disagree and find fault with the principal's "warning" is that the students were not warned to not wear the American flag under any circumstances, but rather they were warned not to wear the shirts in specific deference to a Mexican holiday. Do we do that in deference to a celebration by any other nationality? No.

I have no problem at all with Cinco de Mayo being celebrated in America any more than I have a problem with Americans of Italian descent celebrate the Feast of San Genaro or a festival of any other nationality. You go to the festivals to have a good time, eat really great food, enjoy native dances of whatever nationality - and we go home.

just heard on the news that two of the kids wearing the flags were mexican american....

If true most people here should hold their heads in shame. Racists like that 'granny' poster.

people here do not distinguish between Mexican Americans and Mexicans and see them all walking lock step like a GOP Tea Party rally

Alas, I have upset Dante again and he has bad reped me again. I've been labeled a "racist bitch." I think possibly Dante is not so much dealing with a "racist bitch" as I'm (or perhaps we) are dealing with someone who is incredibly angry and has issues he should address.

Damn! Another bad rep when I'm trying to be a good, reflective, and relatively polite poster even when I have major issues with another poster. And I don't need to resort to name-calling.

Sometimes I think schools' administrators are so bored that they figure, 'Let's fuck with the public and do something off the wall, again'.

And this irrelenvant posts show you are that stupid

American's have become second class citizens in their own country.

YOu are an idiot if you think this statement has any reality to it

Sometimes I think schools' administrators are so bored that they figure, 'Let's fuck with the public and do something off the wall, again'.

I'd like to agree with you, but I think they sit around and figure out how to make ridiculous bond issues and retire early on full benefits.

Where's the ACLU?

It's a Mexican-American holiday...like St. Patrick's Day and Columbus Day.

And this irrelenvant posts show you are that stupid

American's have become second class citizens in their own country.

YOu are an idiot if you think this statement has any reality to it

It was the Americans showing their patriotism that were asked to go home....two of them of Mexican decent. Meanwhile, the MEXICANS are ruling the school. How else do you take that?

Currently we have organizations to show immigrants how to work the system, paid for by our tax dollars, we have no such corresponding organization for American citizens. Our government gives low interest loans to immigrants that are not given to American citizens, for starting new businesses. How else do you define that?

Forum List

Back