Cubs rule!

Thank the 1994 strike and the imbalance created by pure free agency. Big market teams have had an unfair advantage ever since. The Red Sox drought was cured by that strike and also the White Sox and Cubs.
The Cubs averaged 1 playoff every 25 years between 1945 and the strike and that multiplied by seven after the strike. This development is inflated and was inevitable.

That's grossly misleading. The Cubs weren't IN the playoffs for the first.39 years of that period and the time since then is but 22 years. Way too small a sample to be talking about "average". They were simply hapless for four decades, then got better.

As for big market teams being "unfairly advantaged" I give you Cincinnati (1995, 2010, 2012, 2013), Tampa Bay (2008, 2010, 2011, 2013), KC (2014, 2015), Oakland (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014) and Milwaukee (2008, 2011). Or take Pittsburgh as a small market short-term comparison --- no postseason for 21 years 1992-2013... and then three years in a row. They floundered, then they improved. Not rocket surgery.

Each of the small market teams who had success were subsequently scattered onto big market teams. Most of the KC Royals will be playing for the Yankees and Red Sox before you know it.
As for the Cubs, I accurately cited statistics and math.

No, you cherrypicked to fuel a conspiracy theory and then tacked on a speculation fallacy about future events that haven't happened. ALL of the successful small-market years cited above are post-1994 and run right up to last year.

If your premise about large-market teams were true the topic team of this thread would never have had such a drought -- Chicago is not a small market. Nor did it hold back the White Sox.

Again, before the strike, 2 playoff appearances in fifty years; after the strike, six appearances in twenty years.
Get a non-democrat to do the algebra for you.

It ain't al-gebra at all; its statistical noise you're trying to use to prove a bullshit point. I gave you several, but not all, examples of exceptions to your make-believe theory. Here's another: Detroit Tigers -- 2006, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.

Inside job is the only bandwagon fan on this thread. He claimed his favorite team last year was the Pirates. Pretty funny stuff.

Thank the 1994 strike and the imbalance created by pure free agency. Big market teams have had an unfair advantage ever since. The Red Sox drought was cured by that strike and also the White Sox and Cubs.
The Cubs averaged 1 playoff every 25 years between 1945 and the strike and that multiplied by seven after the strike. This development is inflated and was inevitable.

True big market teams have a clear advantage, but you have seen time and time again small market teams like KC make it all the way.
Yep. But not with consistency. And then they're almost immediately scattered onto big market teams.

True big market teams have a clear advantage, but you have seen time and time again small market teams like KC make it all the way.

Yep my Royals have proved that you can spend all the money in the world for talent but the Royals got there and won it all because they had something all these big money market teams dont have.passion for the game and heart and a strong desire to play for the love of the game instead of the money to go along with their talent they have.

The Cubs have always been my second favorite team but I like them even more so now than ever though because they followed the same blueprint the royals did in winning their world series doing the little things,good old fashioned baseball.they have the same heart and desire to to go out and play for the love of the game that my Royals had last year and its paying off.

He is soooo right though.I lost interest in baseball in the mid 90's not because of the strike,people need to get over that,but because of that stupid three way wild card division series.Baseball was the last sport that did it right where the person that wins the division moves on and everyone else stays home.Plus classic ballparks being torn down has tainted the game as well like the detriot tigers for example,and most important like he said,free agency has ruined the game.there needs to be a salary cap so the big market teams cant but the best talent in the world.

Back in the early 70's,it would have been unheard of for Johnny cuoto to not finish most his career with the Reds.:mad: the good old days of teams like the reds and a's being able to compete year with these other teams are over with.

That is why unless it is the royals or the cubs in the series,I never watch i where when i was little,i always watched the world series and did not care who was in it.the owners indeed ruined the game in the 90's with outlandish free agent signings.fuck baseball.:mad:
I'm not into a salary cap. That just punishes deserving players. They earn the $$.
Instead, big markets need more franchises. But ESPN would have none of that. They know big markets bring guaranteed ratings.

That's grossly misleading. The Cubs weren't IN the playoffs for the first.39 years of that period and the time since then is but 22 years. Way too small a sample to be talking about "average". They were simply hapless for four decades, then got better.

As for big market teams being "unfairly advantaged" I give you Cincinnati (1995, 2010, 2012, 2013), Tampa Bay (2008, 2010, 2011, 2013), KC (2014, 2015), Oakland (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014) and Milwaukee (2008, 2011). Or take Pittsburgh as a small market short-term comparison --- no postseason for 21 years 1992-2013... and then three years in a row. They floundered, then they improved. Not rocket surgery.

Each of the small market teams who had success were subsequently scattered onto big market teams. Most of the KC Royals will be playing for the Yankees and Red Sox before you know it.
As for the Cubs, I accurately cited statistics and math.

No, you cherrypicked to fuel a conspiracy theory and then tacked on a speculation fallacy about future events that haven't happened. ALL of the successful small-market years cited above are post-1994 and run right up to last year.

If your premise about large-market teams were true the topic team of this thread would never have had such a drought -- Chicago is not a small market. Nor did it hold back the White Sox.

Again, before the strike, 2 playoff appearances in fifty years; after the strike, six appearances in twenty years.
Get a non-democrat to do the algebra for you.

It ain't al-gebra at all; its statistical noise you're trying to use to prove a bullshit point. I gave you several, but not all, examples of exceptions to your make-believe theory. Here's another: Detroit Tigers -- 2006, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.

The Tigers currently pay the fourth highest salary in MLB. Sustainability will become a problem. The Cubs salary will increase as they become forced to hang on to the players they've farmed in addition to those they bought.

Four games to two. First pennant since 1945. :woohoo:

Relish it Cub fans. You sure paid yer dues.

:clap2::happy-1:

Bandwagoner.

Nope. Always have had a soft spot for the Cubs. First time I ever went to Chicago I worked in an afternoon at Wrigley. Against the Cards. What a great view.

Still a bit of a bandwagoner though. But hey, root for who you want all the same.

Why? Because I exult at a Cubs achievement? Something I would have done any of the last 40-50 years had it happened sooner?

Doesn't make any sense.

Bandwagoner.

Nope. Always have had a soft spot for the Cubs. First time I ever went to Chicago I worked in an afternoon at Wrigley. Against the Cards. What a great view.

He is always making false accusations against people that they are bandwaggon fans.I saw NOTHING in your post that indicated you were a bandwagon Cubs fan.

as you can see from all my posts i have made it clear many times in the past that the Royals have ALWAYS been my favorite team in baseball the fact i live here in KC,yet when i was cheering them on last year he called ME a bandwaggon fan as well.:uhoh3::rofl:

Just because I did not come on here years ago and talk about the Royals he assumes I am a bandwagon fan of them.:cuckoo: Never mind the fact I never came on here years ago to talk about the royals being my favorite team because they were so horrible and the joke of the league it was embarrassing to admit they were my favorite team since i had nothing to brag about.:rolleyes:

Never mind the fact that even in the years where they were the worst team in baseball and the joke of major league baseball for over over 25 years finishing with the worst record so many times I STILL went to 10 to 20 home games a year.If that makes me a bandwagon fan,then I sure am very proud of that honor that i stuck through them in the worst of times all those years and still showed up and cheered them on.:up::lmao::haha:

thats why I have always been impressed with the Cubs fans and why I want them so badly to win,there isnt a city and team that deserves to win the world series more so than them the fact they got the most dedicated and loyal fans in the country.for so many years they were just like the royals as well.

would be the joke of major league baseball having the worst record in the league but unlike kc fans,THEY would show up and sell out their games everyday for the entire season and whats was most impressive about it,is that they did that during a time when they did not have lights and they played all their games during the daytime.

Thats the thing that sucks about baseball these days.i always remembered the good old days when the playoffs at LEAST played their games in the daytime.those days are over with. just another reason why baseball sucks so bad these days.:mad-61::mad:

The Oakland A's got the greatest fans in the country as well.they are as horrible right now as the royals and cubs used to be yet thye pack them in every game as well and they stay till the final out of the game cheering them on no matter how bad the score is.you wont find any other city that does that in baseball besides them and the cubs.thats why the A's are my second favorite team in the american league after the royals.

I feel sorry for a's fans in the bay area they got to put up with such an owner who is a jerk and not committed to winning the fact they got the greatest fans in the country.:( they deserve much better than that. Hopefully someday they will get an owner like the cubs have who is committed to turning that franchise around into a winner.

Last edited:
Inside job is the only bandwagon fan on this thread. He claimed his favorite team last year was the Pirates. Pretty funny stuff.

If not bandwagon, then fair weather. To me, that's pretty much the same though.

again you grasp at straws with no evidence he is a bandwagon fan or fair weather fan same as you did when I said the royals were my favorite team in baseball.

There goes pooper with his outright lies about me as always.I see.He twists my words as always.I said a couple years ago when the pirates were winners and the cubs were not winning yet and were stilll losers at the time they were my favorite WINNING team in the national league. yet here he is saying i said the pirates were my favorite team last year when I have ALWAYS said the royals have always been my favorite team.:rolleyes: such a liar caught lying as always.:rofl:

he sure loves to twist my words around.

Bandwagoner.

Still a bit of a bandwagoner though. But hey, root for who you want all the same.

Why? Because I exult at a Cubs achievement? Something I would have done any of the last 40-50 years had it happened sooner?

Doesn't make any sense.

Like I said,he ALWAYS goes around making false accusations with people they are bandwaggon fans. Even though I made a thread like 4 years ago I was happy to see the royals-"which I have said many times over the years has always been my favorite team," and the pirates were finally winning, two teams I am a big fan of because they are small market teams and i like to see the small market teams win,he said "I" was a bandwaggon fan when i said GO ROYALS last year.:cuckoo::lmao:

Never mind the fact I have gone to ten to 20 games a year EVERY YEAR the past 30 years here in kc,somehow to HIS and poopers warped logic,i am a bandwaggon fan so its no surprise they are calling you a band waggon fan as well.:rofl::lmao::haha::rolleyes::cuckoo::cuckoo:

No surprise really,he was smoking crack for a long time and could not see the obvious that even a child could see that the Rams were coming back to LA even though I spelled it out to him dummies style MANY TIMES yet it STILL never registered with him.:biggrin: there are an awful lot of ignorant sports posters here at USMB same as him that could not see the obvious that even a child could have seen back then. I swear USMB has the most ignorant sports fans in the country hands down..:rolleyes:

there are very few far and in between that had any intelligence like you did back then who could see the obvious back then they were coming back.

again whats sad about it here is so many here are so ignorant and stupid because as i said,it was so OBVIOUS back then they were coming back years ago that even a CHILD could have figured out the obvious.:rolleyes: It didnt take someone with a rocket science degree to be able to figure out what was right in front of their face but they refused to listen to.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::muahaha:

I know Pooper to no surprise is falling for the latest hoax created by the media and mark davis that the raiders will get approval to move to Las vegas so GG is probably falling for it as well no doubt even though I have everyone to school on my Raiders thread as well the reason WHY they will stay in oakland.

Pooper is so gullible its unreal.He seriously thought CARSON was for real.seriously.:biggrin: He honestly thought Carson was for real despite how I explained to him dummies style carson was just a hoax yet it went through one ear and out the other with him.:biggrin:

He falls for one hoax after another.:biggrin: Vegas is the latest hoax cooked up by the media and like the dork he is,he is falling for that one as well even though I have taken him and everyone else to school that it is indeed a hoax same as carson was on my Raiders thread that they are staying in oakland.:biggrin:

Hope you didnt mind me talking there about football. sorry about that if you did.did not mean to get off the subject here. just had to explain it to you who you were dealing with how these two guys dont know anything about logic or common sense and are always making up lies all the time.;)

Last edited:

again you grasp at straws with no evidence he is a bandwagon fan or fair weather fan same as you did when I said the royals were my favorite team in baseball.

There goes pooper with his outright lies about me as always.I see.He twists my words as always.I said a couple years ago when the pirates were winners and the cubs were not winning yet and were stilll losers at the time they were my favorite WINNING team in the national league. yet here he is saying i said the pirates were my favorite team last year when I have ALWAYS said the royals have always been my favorite team.:rolleyes: such a liar caught lying as always.:rofl:

would be great if it were the pirates or at least get there.My Royals finally got there for the first time in 30 years.Now lets have it be the pirates,my favorite team in the NL.

No outright lies, no twisting of words. That is what you said. Live with it!

would be great if it were the pirates or at least get there.My Royals finally got there for the first time in 30 years.Now lets have it be the pirates,my favorite team in the NL.

See the phrase "in the NL" there?

Whelp ---- the Royals have never been in the NL. You could look it up.

:up::clap2:

He claimed his favorite team last year was the Pirates. Pretty funny stuff.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. Pooper here it looks like to me just posted -He claimed his favorite TEAM last year was the pirates.proving my point again that he twists my words since like you said,last time you checked,the Royals were not in the national league..

comedy gold.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
you can have different teams in the national league that you like and to root for each year to go to the world series you know? I happen to love BOTH the Cubs and Pirates.The Cubs were just LEARNING how to win last year so they had no chance obviously where the Pirates had had like three winning seasons in a row so of course they were the one that I felt had the more realistic chance of getting there.The Cubs after all proved they were the same old same old Cubs that once they got there they choked losing four straight games to the Mets.lol.did not take a genius to know that was going to happen you know?:rofl::rofl::lmao::lmao:

so natually i wanted the pirates from the NATIONAL league to get there since they were the ONLY one of the two that had a REAL chance to get to the world series.:lmao::rofl::rolleyes-41:

.But something that has obviously been the case as I just proved in all my posts is my favorite TEAM is the Royals that I will ALWAYS cheer to go to the world series and win every year not the Pirates as Pooper somehow believed.:lmao::rofl::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Last edited:

He said "lets have it be the Pirates, my favorite team in the NL." Pirates are a NL team, you could look it up.

you can have different teams in the national league that you like and to root for each year to go to the world series you know? I happen to love BOTH the Cubs and Pirates.The Cubs were just LEARNING how to win last year so they had no chance obviously where the Pirates had had like three winning seasons in a row so of course they were the one that I felt had the more realistic chance of getting there.The Cubs after all proved they were the same old same old Cubs that once they got there they choked losing four straight games to the Mets.lol.did not take a genius to know that was going to happen you know?:rofl::rofl::lmao::lmao:

so natually i wanted the pirates from the NATIONAL league to get there since they were the ONLY one of the two that had a REAL chance to get to the world series.:lmao::rofl::rolleyes-41:

.But something that has obviously been the case as I just proved in all my posts is my favorite TEAM is the Royals that I will ALWAYS cheer to go to the world series and win every year not the Pirates as Pooper somehow believed.:lmao::rofl::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Now lets have it be the pirates,my favorite team in the NL.

I did a direct quote, you posted this and everyone can find where you posted this. I never claimed anything about the Royals, again another lie. I just posted where you said the Pirates were your favorite NL team? Again are you denying you posted this? You love to lie, you lie about me, you lie about Huggy, you lie about antiquity. I tire of you lies, that is why I pretty much keep you on ignore, because lying pieces of crap need to be ignored.

Forum List

Back