For Cubs fans in Illinois...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This might seem a little too local.....but for Cubs fans in Illinois...

The Cubs organization provides a free parking and shuttle service for games. A lot of people do not know about the service.....

The parking is free, located at Rockwell and Irving Park rd. The lot is protected by off duty and retired police.

You park there, and the cubs provide free bus shuttle service to and from the game.

The buses are available 2 hours before game time. After the game starts, the buses return to the parking lot every 30 minutes. The service is active for 1 hour after the last out of the game.

And again....the important part....

It is free....and if you live in Chicago, you know how much parking costs in the gun free zone of Chicago...

This might seem a little too local.....but for Cubs fans in Illinois...

The Cubs organization provides a free parking and shuttle service for games. A lot of people do not know about the service.....

The parking is free, located at Rockwell and Irving Park rd. The lot is protected by off duty and retired police.

You park there, and the cubs provide free bus shuttle service to and from the game.

The buses are available 2 hours before game time. After the game starts, the buses return to the parking lot every 30 minutes. The service is active for 1 hour after the last out of the game.

And again....the important part....

It is free....and if you live in Chicago, you know how much parking costs in the gun free zone of Chicago...
News to me.

My late sister never tried to park close to Wrigley when she went to games. (She did get to live long enough to see the Cubs win the World Series)

When I went to the Roger Waters Wall Concert in 2012, I had to walk something like 10 blocks between the parking lot and the field. Had absolutely no trouble either way.

News to me.

My late sister never tried to park close to Wrigley when she went to games. (She did get to live long enough to see the Cubs win the World Series)

When I went to the Roger Waters Wall Concert in 2012, I had to walk something like 10 blocks between the parking lot and the field. Had absolutely no trouble either way.

This is free parking, and a free shuttle, speaking of concerts, they also have the shuttle service for concerts......It amazes me that more people don't know about this service.....and the lot has armed security protecting your vehicle.......it is about a 15-20 minute ride to the stadium depending on traffic on Irving park and addison.....

And for people who may not have been to a Cubs game...the day of the game the stadium is surrounded by heavily armed police...so the immediate area is very safe.

This is free parking, and a free shuttle, speaking of concerts, they also have the shuttle service for concerts......It amazes me that more people don't know about this service.....and the lot has armed security protecting your vehicle.......it is about a 15-20 minute ride to the stadium depending on traffic on Irving park and addison.....

And for people who may not have been to a Cubs game...the day of the game the stadium is surrounded by heavily armed police...so the immediate area is very safe.
I don't go to Cubs games, but the CPD is out in force for any big event like this.

They were also out in force for the Pink Floyd concert in 1994 I went to. (I really only go out for Floyd and Floyd adjacent concerts.)

That is a good service. Other venues need to do likewise. It took over an hour to get out of Landers Center in Whitehaven after the Sharp Dressed Simple Man Concert.
Is it full service secure, as in covered by cameras, as well as patrolled by security with guns?

That is a good service. Other venues need to do likewise. It took over an hour to get out of Landers Center in Whitehaven after the Sharp Dressed Simple Man Concert.
Is it full service secure, as in covered by cameras, as well as patrolled by security with guns?

I don't think they have cameras, the cubs rent out the parking lot of a factory........You can go on google maps and see the lot...it is the Basic Wire and Cable parking lot, the east parking lot........

I don't think they have cameras, the cubs rent out the parking lot of a factory........You can go on google maps and see the lot...it is the Basic Wire and Cable parking lot, the east parking lot........
That would be a non-starter. Chicago may actually have a lower crime rate than Memphis, but if so, not by much and the venue Saturday night had cameras and roving security as well as police. If it had not, we would have not gotten tickets. Adjoining Memphis and having to travel through Memphis, neither Don nor I would take a trip down there if not properly armed, and of course, our weapons were no permitted inside the venue, so we knew we would be leaving weapons and ammo in the SUV.

Forum List

Back