Cruz surges in Iowa

There is no ground swell for Hillary Clinton. All these clueless leftist who believes she'll win in a landslid are clueless,even delusional:uhoh3:
I saw a picture of Hillary at one of her rallies. I only saw the backs of the heads of the audience. I thought the Gang of Eight had reorganized and were having a meeting.

There is no ground swell for Hillary Clinton. All these clueless leftist who believe she'll win in a landslide are clueless,even delusional

Really? You know what I haven't heard anyone say yet.

"I voted for Obama in 2012, but there's no way I am voting for Hillary! Cruz all the way."

No one has said that yet,

Not here, anyway.

So I know you are having a hard time struggling with this concept.

1 REALLY ENTHUSIASTIC VOTE FOR CRUZ = 1 Lukewarm, I guess if I must, vote for Romney or McCain.

Your level of enthusiasm or hatred really doesn't increase the value of your vote, which is just one vote, and probably even more meaningless if you don't live in a swing state.

(Psst.... Psst... this is the part where you don't have an intelligent answer, and you start whining about how much I hate the Jews.)

As far as no new voters for Cruz, I find that statement coming from you sort of disingenuous. You are approaching the question to yourself from an ideological standpoint. If what you said was accurate, then I would ask you to explain how Obama beat Hillary in the primary? How did Obama beat Mcain in the general?

Well, first, Obama didn't beat Hillary in the Primaries. Hillary actually got more votes. The Super-delegates put Obama over the top, along with the fact that Hillary didn't really plan for the later primaries, Michigan and Florida got robbed of their delegates. More importantly, though, what put Obama over the top was that Hillary couldn't really explain her Iraq War vote, and couldn't promise to end the Iraq War.

As for McCain, McCain got 3 million less votes that Bush did in 2004. Probably most of those went to Obama.

The idea that Creepy Ass Cruz is going to find a bunch of new votes or that he's going to be as inspirational as Obama is kind of laughable.

On the other side, I/we have----------> A much less likable candidate for you, foreign policy in the tank....at least according to most Americans, (polls, read the polls) illegal immigration that takes American jobs, country going in the wrong direction by significant margins of those asked, the FBI sniffing your standard bearer, perceived gun grab, (real or imagined) the attack was the product of a film, the Clinton Foundation, perceived AFLUENZA by Hillary to be annointed, (in other words, a political dynasty, which is why we can NEVER nominate the Jebster) and a few more I am sure which I won't waste my time to post.

So you just listed a bunch of stuff that the RIGHT WING is upset about, but most of the country doesn't care about.

Do you really think Cruz is likable? Really?

As far as no new voters for Cruz, I find that statement coming from you sort of disingenuous. You are approaching the question to yourself from an ideological standpoint. If what you said was accurate, then I would ask you to explain how Obama beat Hillary in the primary? How did Obama beat Mcain in the general?

Well, first, Obama didn't beat Hillary in the Primaries. Hillary actually got more votes. The Super-delegates put Obama over the top, along with the fact that Hillary didn't really plan for the later primaries, Michigan and Florida got robbed of their delegates. More importantly, though, what put Obama over the top was that Hillary couldn't really explain her Iraq War vote, and couldn't promise to end the Iraq War.

As for McCain, McCain got 3 million less votes that Bush did in 2004. Probably most of those went to Obama.

The idea that Creepy Ass Cruz is going to find a bunch of new votes or that he's going to be as inspirational as Obama is kind of laughable.

On the other side, I/we have----------> A much less likable candidate for you, foreign policy in the tank....at least according to most Americans, (polls, read the polls) illegal immigration that takes American jobs, country going in the wrong direction by significant margins of those asked, the FBI sniffing your standard bearer, perceived gun grab, (real or imagined) the attack was the product of a film, the Clinton Foundation, perceived AFLUENZA by Hillary to be annointed, (in other words, a political dynasty, which is why we can NEVER nominate the Jebster) and a few more I am sure which I won't waste my time to post.

So you just listed a bunch of stuff that the RIGHT WING is upset about, but most of the country doesn't care about.

Well Joe, since many people keep asking Ted who, one can never tell. But, to say he is less likable than Trump would certainly be a stretch, wouldn't you say, lol.

As far as your assertion that what I have posted are things the right wing are upset about would have more merit, if the polls didn't show that on most of those points, Americans of all stripes claim the same thing.

Not to live in the past, but let us re-examine 2012, then re-evaluate the lefts proposition on awful it is what the right is doing to Hillary, shall we? And to make it quick, we will only check on a couple of things.

1. The Obama team implying that Romney didn't pay any taxes, proclaimed on the floor of the senate, put forth by we both know who, and told to him by a secret source.

2. Romney basically killed a woman who had cancer.

And the list goes on, and on, and again, we both know it! By the time it was over, exit polls showed that on virtually every issue of importance, the American people thought Romney was the better choice to solve the problems of this nation, except for the one question, "cares for people like me," or something resembling that statement. In other words; team Obama had made it all about personality and likability, and not who was most competent to run the country. Again, kudos to team Obama! So when you say how likable Cruz is, most political people remember exactly how Obama pulled off one of the best campaigns in my mind, in history in 12.

This time around, your person isn't anywhere near as likable, and if the GOP can keep them on an even keel or close in likability, then the issues become the main deciding factor. You must admit, that to have what is perceived to be (by the exit polls) the most qualified candidate by a huge margin lose because of propaganda, is for lack of a better description, galling!

And so Joe, the GOP strategy this time is quite different than last as shown by Trump and a few others. Since Hillary is a know commodity, when ever the left attacks them to show how big of assho*** they are, instead of spending all of their time claiming they are NOT assho*** and going on the defensive, they point out how big of assho*** Hillary, Bill, and the rest of the DNC group are. They see how the Obama team won the last election, and they know that winning the debate on the issues will not work, if Hillary can paint them "smellier" than she is. It is also why they do not attack 1st personally, so they are not seen as picking on an older woman. LET ME TRANSLATE---------> If the issues were good enough in 12 for the people to think that Romney was the better choice to lead the nation, then they are an even better/at least equal reason in 16. So, as long as both candidates are seen as equally unlikable/likable, the GOP wins.

Joe, the logic is not faulty, and I think you will agree with it! May not like it, but it is apparently true. It is exactly why I could not believe that Elizabeth Warren, or Uncle Joe did not enter the race on the DNC side. Mz Warren is a populist on the level with Bernie with much more political clout. Uncle Joe may be perceived as dizzy and a fumbler, but he is absolutely likable, and had a tremendous amount of sympathy. (notice I said perceived about Uncle Joe. You and I both know he is one of the best political infighters inside Washington today, but that would not be enough to remove the mantra of likable in the publics eye)

In closing, let me say many political animals who follow politics closely, have absolutely no idea why the DNC put up Mrs. Clinton; at least without having a Warren or Biden in the race for obvious reasons. Is it DNC arrogance? Do they know that the Obama administration is going to indict Hillary then have Biden or Warren swoop in to save the day? Do they believe that even with Obama basically giving the gift of Florida to the GOP, their coalition is just to massive to overcome? (not likely since even in 12, were it not for the likability factor; or disgust with the GOP candidate, Romney would be President today)

Time will tell, but if/when the DNC loses this election, they have nobody to blame but themselves; just like the GOP did in 12. Hillary is certainly one of the weakest candidates they could have put up, and her likability factor, or her ability to hide that weakness, just, isn't, there!

Well Joe, since many people keep asking Ted who, one can never tell. But, to say he is less likable than Trump would certainly be a stretch, wouldn't you say, lol.

As far as your assertion that what I have posted are things the right wing are upset about would have more merit, if the polls didn't show that on most of those points, Americans of all stripes claim the same thing.

Except they really aren't, but never mind.

Actually, Trump is a LOT more likable than Cruz. Trump knows how to use the media to his advantage, having been a celebrity since the 1980's.

Not to live in the past, but let us re-examine 2012, then re-evaluate the lefts proposition on awful it is what the right is doing to Hillary, shall we? And to make it quick, we will only check on a couple of things.

1. The Obama team implying that Romney didn't pay any taxes, proclaimed on the floor of the senate, put forth by we both know who, and told to him by a secret source.

and he strapped a dog to his roof. Get real, guy. Romney didn't lose because people said mean things about him. Romney lost because he was a creepy-ass Mormon Robot who kept saying stupid shit like "47% don't pay taxes, so they don't count" and "I like to fire people".

The reason why people are tuning out the GOP is because it's the rich manipulating the religious stupids into voting against the working class' economic interests. That's why you lose. That's why the GOP hasn't decisively won a presidential election since 1988. (They stole 2000 and scared their way back in 2004).

And the list goes on, and on, and again, we both know it! By the time it was over, exit polls showed that on virtually every issue of importance, the American people thought Romney was the better choice to solve the problems of this nation, except for the one question, "cares for people like me," or something resembling that statement. In other words; team Obama had made it all about personality and likability, and not who was most competent to run the country. Again, kudos to team Obama! So when you say how likable Cruz is, most political people remember exactly how Obama pulled off one of the best campaigns in my mind, in history in 12.

Yeah, the thing is, "Cares about people like me" should be the only issue people SHOULD ote on.

This time around, your person isn't anywhere near as likable, and if the GOP can keep them on an even keel or close in likability, then the issues become the main deciding factor. You must admit, that to have what is perceived to be (by the exit polls) the most qualified candidate by a huge margin lose because of propaganda, is for lack of a better description, galling!

First, the Democrats aren't my side. 2012 was the only election I voted for a Democrat for President going back to 1980. And even then, the only reason I did is because I hate fucking Mormons with a passion.

Romney lost because he was an evil creep 75% of Republicans didn't want. He wasn't more qualified. His only political office was an unqualifed failure. He didn't even stand for re-election because he knew he would lose. His success as a businessman, like Trump, was the good luck to be born rich with a silver spoon in his mouth. OH, yeah, and most people don't want an asshole who thinks he's wearing magic underwear having control of the n ukes.

And so Joe, the GOP strategy this time is quite different than last as shown by Trump and a few others. Since Hillary is a know commodity, when ever the left attacks them to show how big of assho*** they are, instead of spending all of their time claiming they are NOT assho*** and going on the defensive, they point out how big of assho*** Hillary, Bill, and the rest of the DNC group are. They see how the Obama team won the last election, and they know that winning the debate on the issues will not work, if Hillary can paint them "smellier" than she is. It is also why they do not attack 1st personally, so they are not seen as picking on an older woman. LET ME TRANSLATE---------> If the issues were good enough in 12 for the people to think that Romney was the better choice to lead the nation, then they are an even better/at least equal reason in 16. So, as long as both candidates are seen as equally unlikable/likable, the GOP wins.

Except people didn't think the Creepy Ass MOrmon Robot was a better choice. So your whole argumetn that Romney was robbed is bunk. Talk to some off your fellow wingnuts. Most of them hate Romney. It's why his talk of a third run was shot down pretty quickly

Time will tell, but if/when the DNC loses this election, they have nobody to blame but themselves; just like the GOP did in 12. Hillary is certainly one of the weakest candidates they could have put up, and her likability factor, or her ability to hide that weakness, just, isn't, there!

Yeah, guy, the thing is, your side are all fucking nuts. That's why Hillary will win. I don't want to vote for her, but Cruz and trump are just fucking scary. They can't wait to get us into a war, to start wiht.

Except people didn't think the Creepy Ass MOrmon Robot was a better choice. So your whole argumetn that Romney was robbed is bunk. Talk to some off your fellow wingnuts. Most of them hate Romney. It's why his talk of a third run was shot down pretty quickly

Yeah, guy, the thing is, your side are all fucking nuts. That's why Hillary will win. I don't want to vote for her, but Cruz and trump are just fucking scary. They can't wait to get us into a war, to start wiht.

1. I am analyzing, not promoting.

2. I am not lying, I am giving facts based on evidence.

3. Then we can agree to disagree. No harm in that at all. All I did was put forth the why's of what happened, and what is happening, along with the change in approach by the GOP candidates.

Call me "tin-hat" if you wish, but I believe that Mrs Clinton is a trial balloon by the DNC. The position she takes on many issues are very unpopular with the American people. The DNC is going to see if they can spin that into positives, and if they can't, Mrs Clinton will drop for some predetermined reason, and Joe or Elizabeth will take her place, and take a 180 degree position on those issues.

Then again, maybe not! But I am here to tell you that with the positions taken by Hillary, this race is totally up in the air; a far closer race with the probability of the GOP winning, then it should ever be. I didn't devise the stance on the issues the DNC and Hillary are taking, they did.

Now I know what the general election polls look like today, but I also know what the polls say on issue after issue. Once each candidate stakes out their position on said issues as people become more in tune with the election, I just can't see how Hillary can pull this off convincingly, if at all. Without the help of the likability factor, she should and probably will be DOA. It is not me saying this from a political position, it is poll after poll on the issues. Personalities are constantly being re-evaluated over time, issues, not so much. If you stake a position on an issue, most of the time, you stay there unless a compelling reason to change arises.

Time will certainly tell, and again, we can agree to disagree. Thanks for responding, enjoy your day.

10 point lead over Trump:cool:

Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz has surged ahead to become the latest front-runner in the campaign for the Iowa caucuses, dislodging Ben Carson and opening an impressive lead over a stalled Donald Trump, a Bloomberg Politics/Des Moines Register Iowa Poll shows.

Cruz Soars to Front of the Pack in Iowa Poll; Trump Support Stays Flat
That's interesting. The date of the caucuses is Feb 1, right?
Yes i agree, it is interesting. Cruz will win Iowa:cool:

Oh, I think that's obvious, barring some catastrophic change between now and then. I'll be fascinated to watch how the rest of the primaries unfold.

Unlike everyone who slavers over polls and pundits and this or that endorsement, I watch the bookmakers. The people who offer odds for people to bet on seem to be the most accurate Presidential prognosticators out there. Right now, they're projecting the GOP primary race as Rubio, Trump, Cruz, then Bush. Cruz and Trump keep switching back and forth, and Rubio's down a bit this week. Cruz was second last week, and he and Trump are really close right now. Rubio isn't very far out ahead. Bush, for all that he's fourth in their standings, isn't even close to the other three.

Joe, the logic is not faulty, and I think you will agree with it! May not like it, but it is apparently true. It is exactly why I could not believe that Elizabeth Warren, or Uncle Joe did not enter the race on the DNC side. Mz Warren is a populist on the level with Bernie with much more political clout. Uncle Joe may be perceived as dizzy and a fumbler, but he is absolutely likable, and had a tremendous amount of sympathy. (notice I said perceived about Uncle Joe. You and I both know he is one of the best political infighters inside Washington today, but that would not be enough to remove the mantra of likable in the publics eye)

In closing, let me say many political animals who follow politics closely, have absolutely no idea why the DNC put up Mrs. Clinton; at least without having a Warren or Biden in the race for obvious reasons. Is it DNC arrogance? Do they know that the Obama administration is going to indict Hillary then have Biden or Warren swoop in to save the day? Do they believe that even with Obama basically giving the gift of Florida to the GOP, their coalition is just to massive to overcome? (not likely since even in 12, were it not for the likability factor; or disgust with the GOP candidate, Romney would be President today)

As far as likability goes, Cruz scores lower on the "I'd like to have a beer with" standard than Trump does, but a good portion of his "unlikability" comes from the fact that he's measurably smarter than most people, and tends to remind them of a professor lecturing. On the other hand, I think that, while that's an unlikable quality in an individual, it's actually preferred in Presidents. However much people might not want to be buddies with the guy, it's comforting to think there's a solid, sober, intelligent person handling things.

Hillary Clinton, on the other hand, is just flat unlikable from any perspective, and that has been proven every time she's come to the forefront of the people's awareness.

Call me "tin-hat" if you wish, but I believe that Mrs Clinton is a trial balloon by the DNC. The position she takes on many issues are very unpopular with the American people. The DNC is going to see if they can spin that into positives, and if they can't, Mrs Clinton will drop for some predetermined reason, and Joe or Elizabeth will take her place, and take a 180 degree position on those issues.

What specifically is she saying that is unpopular? Impractical, maybe, but frankly, I haven't heard her propose anything unpopular or radical. If anything, the reason why Sanders is doing so well is the same reason Trump is doing so well on the GOP side. - People are sick of business as usual. They are sick of politicians. They want someone who is going to kick ass and take names.

If the GOP establishment nominated Cruz, it was because Trump scared the shit out of them, and they were willing to throw a bone to their fringe.

Then again, maybe not! But I am here to tell you that with the positions taken by Hillary, this race is totally up in the air; a far closer race with the probability of the GOP winning, then it should ever be. I didn't devise the stance on the issues the DNC and Hillary are taking, they did.

Not really. The GOP is going to have the exact same problem in 2016 they had in 2012- not enough angry old white dudes to carry your boy across the finish line.

Cruz (or Rubio) are Cubans. Mexicans and Puerto Ricans are not going to rush out to vote for a Cuban, who they think get preferential treatment from the government. So there will be no inroads into the Hispanic Community.

African Americans. Well, Uncle Tom Carson stayed viable long enough for the Christian Crackers to say, "See, I'm not racist, I supported Carson for a week and a half. Now let's cut the food stamps to those shiftless darkies!!" So the African American vote is going to stay about 90% Democratic.

Then you have women. Sorry to say, a lot of women will vote for Hillary because she's a woman, particularly if you nominate a guy like Cruz who is going to find inappropriate adjectives to put in front of the word "rape" to justify his extreme abortion views. Obama got 55% of the female vote in 2012. Hillary will do better.

For 4 long years the Tea Party, right wing talk radio, Donald Trump & FOX News went after Obama on birth eligibility. So Obama finally produces a birth certificate showing him born on US soil.

What does the Tea party do next? They put up a candidate to run for POTUS that was born in Canada. This story comes to you from the LOONEY TUNE section of politics.

This turkey ain't gonna fly

12541139_1254545351228099_3069570854070969580_n.jpg

For 4 long years the Tea Party, right wing talk radio, Donald Trump & FOX News went after Obama on birth eligibility. So Obama finally produces a birth certificate showing him born on US soil.

What does the Tea party do next? They put up a candidate to run for POTUS that was born in Canada. This story comes to you from the LOONEY TUNE section of politics.

This turkey ain't gonna fly

12541139_1254545351228099_3069570854070969580_n.jpg

Let me just get RIGHT on caring about our inability to behave according to YOUR pitiful understanding of reality and to live up to the disingenuous standards YOU have projected onto us.

And I'm done.
And

Forum List

Back