Hillary's Biggest Hurdle

BluePhantom

Educator (of liberals)
Nov 11, 2011
Portland, OR / Salem, OR
I am starting this thread because of a discussion on a different thread so forgive me it the OP sounds similar to what I posted there. I think the concept deserves it's own thread.

For over 10 years I taught at a college in Arizona and I was very interested in identifying barriers that my students may have against me as an instructor so that I might be able to over come them and maximize their learning. This led me to spend several years researching natural biases that people may have that might create such a barrier to accepting me as a teacher, leader, and/or authority figure. I didn't just read other studies, I conducted experiments of my own and my results enforced the other studies. Now for the record, this is not me giving my personal opinion on right and wrong. This is what I have discovered in research. Here are my conclusions and I think this has application to Hillary and this election::

- In the modern age, we think of racial bias as the most prevalent because it's in our faces through media and history, but actually gender and age bias are more common in American society. Race is more and more becoming a "multiplier"; that is, if a person doesn't like someone of a different race they tend to REALLY dislike them and when they like someone of a different race they tend to REALLY like them. But women and the elderly have it pretty tough. People tend to look at the elderly and think their ideas are outdated even though they have lived far more life than the rest of us and are far more experienced. But I want to focus on women for a sec.

- The rules are different for men and women. We say both genders should be treated the same, but that's not how people react to the same stimulus. For example, if a man uses sarcasm it is usually received positively. He is thought of as funny, witty, amusing, etc. But if a woman uses sarcasm it is usually received negatively. She is though of as a bitch. For a student to believe that a male teacher cares about their success all he has to do is say so. If he says "I care about your success" that tends to be enough, but a woman has to do more. She has to take action to prove that she cares. She has to help them solve a problem, or do something to demonstrate that she cares before a student will believe that she does.

- Curiously, it is not men who are the biggest offenders in regard to discriminating against women. It is women themselves. My research suggests very strongly that women discriminate against other women FAR more than men discriminate against women. It makes sense if you bring it down to a personal level. Many women simply do not trust other women. There have been times in my life where I had to work closely with a woman or I have had a female friend and to me it was just friendship and nothing more and my wife has said to me 'I trust YOU, I just don't trust HER'. I think there is something there that women see men as easily seduced by other women (which is true...let's be honest) and thus they have to "defend their territory" and that creates a natural distrust of other women...but that's another conversation.

- Usually, and generally speaking, men inherit positive attributes while women do not. In other words, usually students assume male teachers possess all the attributes they want in a teacher from the start and all he has to do is maintain it. Female teachers have to spend time proving they have those positive attributes. They are not assumed. Thus a man only has to maintain and not "blow it". A woman has to prove herself to her students.

So what does this have to do with Hillary and the election? Well what students want from a teacher is basically the same thing that voters want from a leader if you look at it very generally. They want someone who cares about their success. They want someone who is qualified and experienced in their field and knows what they are talking about. They want someone who will be straight with them and tell them the truth and not bullshit them. They want to know where they stand with their teacher/leader. They want someone who excites and motivates them and makes growth/learning fun and rewarding. They want to like them and trust them to lead them to a good place. But most of all they want to respect them and be respected by them. There really isn't much difference except for the scale. One leads a small group and the other leads a nation, but the principles are the same.

Many people argue that women will vote for Hillary en masee because Black America voted for Obama en masse. But it's a different demographic and, according to my research, society approaches it in a far different way. Personally, I do not think women will turn out en masse for Hillary simple because she is a woman. In fact, I think a large segment of women will vote against her, in some regard, because she is a woman and because she is elderly. I have talked to many women on this issue and I hear it said a LOT "I want a woman to be president but not THIS woman". I never heard a black person say about Obama "I want a black man to be president but not THIS black man".

See the difference?

So I am open to your thoughts. I think Hilary has a lot going against her...she is corrupt, she is a liar, she is the poster child for government corruption and everything that is wrong with government, but we all know that. I want to focus on this gender issue and see what effect you think it will have and how it is similar or different than the racial aspect with Obama.

And for the record...I am not saying that I endorse the findings of my research; that they are right or fair or whatever. Actually I think they are totally unfair and completely fucked up....but it is what it is and that's just how society reacts.

I welcome your thoughts

Last edited:
Her biggest problem is that she isn't Bill Clinton. She's not electable. She has way too much baggage. She can't win.

Her biggest problem is that she isn't Bill Clinton. She's not electable. She has way too much baggage. She can't win.

I think you are reading too much into that.

Here's the thing. Demographics are Hillary's friend. Democrats have won five out of the last six popular votes. There just aren't enough angry old white guys to float any GOP Candidate, even if they do something breathtakingly rational and not nominate a clown like Cruz or Trump.

Well I think that connects with what I said in the OP Jeremiah. A woman has to prove she is trustworthy, honest, reliable, a strong leader, etc. Those attributes are usually given to men freely and it's up to the man to prove himself otherwise. Hillary's history has been to prove herself untrustworthy, dishonest, corrupt, etc....the benefit of the doubt will be given to her male opponent. Think of Carly Fiorina. I have watched all the debates this year and frankly I think Fiorina has dominated all of them. So why can't she get above 2%? Is it because she is a woman? I don't know, but honestly I would rather have Fiorina than Trump. I suspect...and I am just speculating here...that she is having trouble catching on because of what I said in the OP. Trust is freely given to men and women have to earn it.

It's not fair. It's not right....but it is what it is.

The only thing I am reasonably sure of in Presidential politics is, the best choices for America do not run for office.

Here's the thing. Demographics are Hillary's friend. Democrats have won five out of the last six popular votes. There just aren't enough angry old white guys to float any GOP Candidate, even if they do something breathtakingly rational and not nominate a clown like Cruz or Trump.
Hillary can't even show up for her own book signing. There are rumors that she has a drinking problem. She isn't electable. She's not Bill. If you nominate her over Sanders you'll find that out in a hurry (that is if she isn't sent to prison before the election).

Last edited:

But you overlook as well that people vote for charisma. My daughter is 22 and we live in Portland. This is liberal hell and most of her friends supported or voted for Obama last election. When I ask them why they say stuff like "I like him", and even "because he is hot". Seriously...that's why many of them say they voted for him. Not because of his policies or positions, but because they thought he was hot.

What Obama had with the younger generation was "rock star appeal". Now those same friends of my daughter's...when I talk to them....they are supporting Trump mostly. Why? Because he is a "rock star" and what is Hillary to them? A little old woman. I am not saying this....my daughter's friends are saying this.

I don't think I am reading too much into this at all

Well I think that connects with what I said in the OP Jeremiah. A woman has to prove she is trustworthy, honest, reliable, a strong leader, etc. Those attributes are usually given to men freely and it's up to the man to prove himself otherwise. Hillary's history has been to prove herself untrustworthy, dishonest, corrupt, etc....the benefit of the doubt will be given to her male opponent. Think of Carly Fiorina. I have watched all the debates this year and frankly I think Fiorina has dominated all of them. So why can't she get above 2%? Is it because she is a woman? I don't know, but honestly I would rather have Fiorina than Trump. I suspect...and I am just speculating here...that she is having trouble catching on because of what I said in the OP. Trust is freely given to men and women have to earn it.

Carly doesn't have it either. Trump is electable. We need to go with him. We're not voting personality or eloquence - we're voting for the most capable leader. That's Donald Trump.

So I am open to your thoughts. I think Hilary has a lot going against her...she is corrupt, she is a liar, she is the poster child for government corruption and everything that is wrong with government, but we all know that. I want to focus on this gender issue and see what effect you think it will have and how it is similar or different than the racial aspect with Obama.

I think your whole premise starts off with a misconception that Obama got elected because he was black.

Obama got elected because Bush fucked up the war and the economy.

Women might be catty to Hillary, but at the end of the day, they aren't going to vote for the party that calls them "sluts" and wants to take away their birth control.

Also, I think there were a lot of white women who wouldn't vote for Obama who WILL vote for Hillary.

But the biggest problem the GOP has is that ALL of your candidates suck.

In 2012, the least crazy guy you could find thought he was wearing Magic Underwear.

In 2016, you have Trump, Carson and Cruz, and between them, they command 60% of the vote.

Now, you all might have a bout of good sense and nominate Rubio and hope no one will figure out what a lightweight he is.

But you overlook as well that people vote for charisma. My daughter is 22 and we live in Portland. This is liberal hell and most of her friends supported or voted for Obama last election. When I ask them why they say stuff like "I like him", and even "because he is hot". Seriously...that's why many of them say they voted for him. Not because of his policies or positions, but because they thought he was hot.

What Obama had with the younger generation was "rock star appeal". Now those same friends of my daughter's...when I talk to them....they are supporting Trump mostly. Why? Because he is a "rock star" and what is Hillary to them? A little old woman. I am not saying this....my daughter's friends are saying this.

Well, none of your guys have "Charisma". Except maybe Trump, but he's a clown your own party doesn't want.

Obama didn't win because college kids thought he was hot. Obama won because that Weird Mormon Robot your side nominated couldn't contain his glee at the thought of fucking working people.

"I like to fire people'.

"47% don't pay taxes, so screw them".

Well, none of your guys have "Charisma". Except maybe Trump, but he's a clown your own party doesn't want.

Obama didn't win because college kids thought he was hot. Obama won because that Weird Mormon Robot your side nominated couldn't contain his glee at the thought of fucking working people.

"I like to fire people'.

If Hillary goes to prison are you going to go with Sanders? Or try to get Obama to run for a 3rd term. Do you know or are you just winging it, Joe?

"I like to fire people'.

upload_2015-12-12_19-1-55.png

Hillary can't even show up for her own book signing. There are rumors that she has a drinking problem. She isn't electable. She's not Bill. If you nominate her over Sanders you'll find that out in a hurry (that is if she isn't sent to prison before the election).
Bleary-eyed drunk.

upload_2015-12-12_19-4-32.png

I am starting this thread because of a discussion on a different thread so forgive me it the OP sounds similar to what I posted there. I think the concept deserves it's own thread.

For over 10 years I taught at a college in Arizona and I was very interested in identifying barriers that my students may have against me as an instructor so that I might be able to over come them and maximize their learning. This led me to spend several years researching natural biases that people may have that might create such a barrier to accepting me as a teacher, leader, and/or authority figure. I didn't just read other studies, I conducted experiments of my own and my results enforced the other studies. Now for the record, this is not me giving my personal opinion on right and wrong. This is what I have discovered in research. Here are my conclusions and I think this has application to Hillary and this election::

- In the modern age, we think of racial bias as the most prevalent because it's in our faces through media and history, but actually gender and age bias are more common in American society. Race is more and more becoming a "multiplier"; that is, if a person doesn't like someone of a different race they tend to REALLY dislike them and when they like someone of a different race they tend to REALLY like them. But women and the elderly have it pretty tough. People tend to look at the elderly and think their ideas are outdated even though they have lived far more life than the rest of us and are far more experienced. But I want to focus on women for a sec.

- The rules are different for men and women. We say both genders should be treated the same, but that's not how people react to the same stimulus. For example, if a man uses sarcasm it is usually received positively. He is thought of as funny, witty, amusing, etc. But if a woman uses sarcasm it is usually received negatively. She is though of as a bitch. For a student to believe that a male teacher cares about their success all he has to do is say so. If he says "I care about your success" that tends to be enough, but a woman has to do more. She has to take action to prove that she cares. She has to help them solve a problem, or do something to demonstrate that she cares before a student will believe that she does.

- Curiously, it is not men who are the biggest offenders in regard to discriminating against women. It is women themselves. My research suggests very strongly that women discriminate against other women FAR more than men discriminate against women. It makes sense if you bring it down to a personal level. Many women simply do not trust other women. There have been times in my life where I had to work closely with a woman or I have had a female friend and to me it was just friendship and nothing more and my wife has said to me 'I trust YOU, I just don't trust HER'. I think there is something there that women see men as easily seduced by other women (which is true...let's be honest) and thus they have to "defend their territory" and that creates a natural distrust of other women...but that's another conversation.

- Usually, and generally speaking, men inherit positive attributes while women do not. In other words, usually students assume male teachers possess all the attributes they want in a teacher from the start and all he has to do is maintain it. Female teachers have to spend time proving they have those positive attributes. They are not assumed. Thus a man only has to maintain and not "blow it". A woman has to prove herself to her students.

So what does this have to do with Hillary and the election? Well what students want from a teacher is basically the same thing that voters want from a leader if you look at it very generally. They want someone who cares about their success. They want someone who is qualified and experienced in their field and knows what they are talking about. They want someone who will be straight with them and tell them the truth and not bullshit them. They want to know where they stand with their teacher/leader. They want someone who excites and motivates them and makes growth/learning fun and rewarding. They want to like them and trust them to lead them to a good place. But most of all they want to respect them and be respected by them. There really isn't much difference except for the scale. One leads a small group and the other leads a nation, but the principles are the same.

Many people argue that women will vote for Hillary en masee because Black America voted for Obama en masse. But it's a different demographic and, according to my research, society approaches it in a far different way. Personally, I do not think women will turn out en masse for Hillary simple because she is a woman. In fact, I think a large segment of women will vote against her, in some regard, because she is a woman and because she is elderly. I have talked to many women on this issue and I hear it said a LOT "I want a woman to be president but not THIS woman". I never heard a black person say about Obama "I want a black man to be president but not THIS black man".

See the difference?

And for the record...I am not saying that I endorse the findings of my research; that they are right or fair or whatever. Actually I think they are totally unfair and completely fucked up....but it is what it is and that's just how society reacts.

I welcome your thoughts
Saying women don't like a woman candidate is almost like saying blacks don't like a black candidate.

It's preposterous.

Yes, women are more competitive with each other than men are, but that is overridden by their excitement at the prospect of the first woman president.

Carly doesn't have it either. Trump is electable. We need to go with him. We're not voting personality or eloquence - we're voting for the most capable leader. That's Donald Trump.

I have my reservations about Trump. He is petty, thin skinned, vindictive, and basically an asshole. But you know what....maybe that's what we need right now. I am tired of America bowing down as kissing the world's ass. That's not what we do. We lead the world and the truth is, as much as the world bitches about it, they want us to lead because they don't want the responsibility of leading. We are perfect for the world because we do the things no one else has the guts to do and will take their condemnations whether it works out or doesn't. But we don't anymore and we don't because of this president who is too much of a pussy to do what the world needs us to do. The world pretends to hate us for it, but they don't dare ask that we stop because then it will fall to them. But we have a president now who is willing to allow us to get trampled. We haven't been trampled like this since Khruschchev walked all over JFK

I think your whole premise starts off with a misconception that Obama got elected because he was black.

Ok stop right there. I am not even going to read the rest. Bush didn't fuck up the economy. If you knew anything about government you would know that the president has no direct control over the economy. That's all up to Congress and the Fed. The president only has control if he has a Congress that is willing to advance his agenda and in Bush's last two years he had a hostile Democratic Congress who refused to listen. In fact, the record is clear. Bush appealed to Congress multiple times to intervene warning of a financial collapse and it was Barney Frank and the Democrats who controlled Congress who refused to take action despite Bush's warnings.

That shit might work with your average dip shit punk, but it doesn't work with me Joe. You should know that by now

Ok stop right there. I am not even going to read the rest. Bush didn't fuck up the economy. If you knew anything about government you would know that the president has no direct control over the economy. That's all up to Congress and the Fed. The president only has control if he has a Congress that is willing to advance his agenda and in Bush's last two years he had a hostile Democratic Congress who refused to listen. In fact, the record is clear. Bush appealed to Congress multiple times to intervene warning of a financial collapse and it was Barney Frank and the Democrats who controlled Congress who refused to take action despite Bush's warnings.

That shit might work with your average dip shit punk, but it doesn't work with me Joe. You should know that by now
The seeds of the crash were built long before 2006.

Bush certainly did contribute to the crash. For example, his SEC gave a capital waiver to the top five broker-dealers which ultimately led to their meltdowns.

See the difference?

I welcome your thoughts
Saying women don't like a woman candidate is almost like saying blacks don't like a black candidate.

It's preposterous.

Yes, women are more competitive with each other than men are, but that is overridden by their excitement at the prospect of the first woman president.

If you say so. We will see. The results of my research are very clear. You make a false parallel. Blacks don't discriminate against other blacks but women DO discriminate against other women. You are looking at a racial demographic and assuming that it is the same for every demographic. It isn't. They can be VERY different

Final Rule: Alternative Net Capital Requirements for Broker-Dealers That Are Part of Consolidated Supervised Entities; Rel. No. 34-49830, June 8, 2004

The Commission is amending Rule 15c3-12 (the “net capital rule”) under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (the “Exchange Act”) to establish a voluntary, alternative method of computing net capital for certain broker-dealers.

Ka-BOOM!

The "certain broker-dealers" BushCo exempted from the law were Bear Stearns (died), Lehman Brothers (died), Merrill Lynch (died), Morgan Stanley (bailed out), and Goldman Sachs (bailed out).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back