Cruz surges in Iowa

More of Cruz and less of everyone else in the GOP primary is a great thing for Hillary err, I mean America.

Yeah, yeah, we hear this every election cycle. No matter who the Republican in question is, you desperately want us to believe that it's "GREAT!" for the Democrat, because you desperately want us to believe you have a candidate that's worth more than a fart in a wind tunnel.

You're selling Hillary Clinton. The only things that would be great for her would be plastic surgery and a personality transplant. Barring that, maybe a nationwide case of amnesia.

Do us a favor and put Teddy on the GE ballot. I double dare you. In fact, I triple dog dare you to nominate him.

Do US a favor and run Hillary. I'm dying to watch you try to lie about what a godsend she is to the United States with a straight face for the next year.

Oh, the Dems are enamored to have the most experienced,most qualified, and a candidate that is one of the most admired women in the world. But what we know for sure is that when you guys lose spectacularly next year; you'll falsely accuse we who voted for her as promoting her to a God-like status. Lying is your only true talent after all.
Your love of a known liar and tool of the 1%, is duly noted.

More of Cruz and less of everyone else in the GOP primary is a great thing for Hillary err, I mean America.

Yeah, yeah, we hear this every election cycle. No matter who the Republican in question is, you desperately want us to believe that it's "GREAT!" for the Democrat, because you desperately want us to believe you have a candidate that's worth more than a fart in a wind tunnel.

You're selling Hillary Clinton. The only things that would be great for her would be plastic surgery and a personality transplant. Barring that, maybe a nationwide case of amnesia.

Do us a favor and put Teddy on the GE ballot. I double dare you. In fact, I triple dog dare you to nominate him.

Do US a favor and run Hillary. I'm dying to watch you try to lie about what a godsend she is to the United States with a straight face for the next year.

Oh, the Dems are enamored to have the most experienced,most qualified, and a candidate that is one of the most admired women in the world. But what we know for sure is that when you guys lose spectacularly next year; you'll falsely accuse we who voted for her as promoting her to a God-like status. Lying is your only true talent after all.
Your love of a known liar and tool of the 1%, is duly noted.

I love Donald Trump is running as a Republican....I'll go that far about the tool

Shut up Sandra Fluke lover. You're too bright we all know that:slap:

I agree, I'm too bright for you.

And the entertainment begins. Dance, leftist puppet. Dance.

more & more conservatives are uniting behind cruz's campaign. he's bringing together that old reagan coalition of conservatives & libertarians & evangelicals & young people & hispanics & women & african-americans & reagan democrats.

more & more conservatives are uniting behind cruz's campaign. he's bringing together that old reagan coalition of conservatives & libertarians & evangelicals & young people & hispanics & women & african-americans & reagan democrats.

I devoutly hope so. The more Trump talks, the more he sounds like a Republican - NOT conservative - version of Obama: the Presidency is just power for him to use to rearrange the world the way he likes.

I like that Ted Cruz's first question is always: what does the Constitution say?

I devoutly hope so. The more Trump talks, the more he sounds like a Republican - NOT conservative - version of Obama: the Presidency is just power for him to use to rearrange the world the way he likes.

I like that Ted Cruz's first question is always: what does the Constitution say?

I like that voters first question is always, "Ted Who"? And you're going to possibly nominate this guy....FANTASTIC!!!

I like that voters first question is always, "Ted Who"? And you're going to possibly nominate this guy....FANTASTIC!!!

I can only assume that by "voters", you mean "the small clique of people I'm acquainted with who all have the same ideology I do, since no conservative would deign to tolerate me".

how dare you insult me & millions of voters who will elect ted cruz the next president of the united states?!

Cruz staffers have been studying a 1967 book as a playbook for their campaign. It tells the story of the 1964 Barry Goldwater campaign. That was the last successful populist rebellion inside the Republican Party, propelling a rockribbed conservative past the establishment insiders, just as Cruz hopes to do.

Cruz staffers have been studying a 1967 book as a playbook for their campaign. It tells the story of the 1964 Barry Goldwater campaign. That was the last successful populist rebellion inside the Republican Party, propelling a rockribbed conservative past the establishment insiders, just as Cruz hopes to do.

Actually, Cruz's campaign is following a very sensible battle plan used by virtually all successful politicians: stick to the message, don't get bogged down in personal disputes against others of your own party, don't let the media make your campaign about whatever "gotcha" moment they create, build infrastructure in the states, appeal to and connect with the individual voters, slow and steady is better than bursting like a firework and then flaming out.

Goldwater lost 44 states. He'd have lost 49 had LBJ not signed the 1964 civil rights act and pissed off all the crackers in the South.

Is this really the model you want to follow?

10 point lead over Trump:cool:

Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz has surged ahead to become the latest front-runner in the campaign for the Iowa caucuses, dislodging Ben Carson and opening an impressive lead over a stalled Donald Trump, a Bloomberg Politics/Des Moines Register Iowa Poll shows.

Cruz Soars to Front of the Pack in Iowa Poll; Trump Support Stays Flat
That's interesting. The date of the caucuses is Feb 1, right?
Yes i agree, it is interesting. Cruz will win Iowa:cool:

Actually, Cruz's campaign is following a very sensible battle plan used by virtually all successful politicians: stick to the message, don't get bogged down in personal disputes against others of your own party, don't let the media make your campaign about whatever "gotcha" moment they create, build infrastructure in the states, appeal to and connect with the individual voters, slow and steady is better than bursting like a firework and then flaming out.

10 point lead over Trump:cool:

Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz has surged ahead to become the latest front-runner in the campaign for the Iowa caucuses, dislodging Ben Carson and opening an impressive lead over a stalled Donald Trump, a Bloomberg Politics/Des Moines Register Iowa Poll shows.

Cruz Soars to Front of the Pack in Iowa Poll; Trump Support Stays Flat
That's interesting. The date of the caucuses is Feb 1, right?
Yes i agree, it is interesting. Cruz will win Iowa:cool:

Plan for Trump and Cruz is obvious. Just like Obama did, (yes, I know, galling but true) they realize the coalition that Obama built was NOT voters on the voter rolls the 2nd election around. What Obama did was target new voters, young voters, any voter that fit their definition of likely voters for Obama. How many of us remember many news outlets reporting that Obama would NOT go after the white middle class vote as he felt his coalition was strong enough that his election did NOT depend on them? Statistics show conclusively that LESS people voted in the election in 12 than did in 08, but that a larger % of newly registered voters came out to the polls. TRANSLATION: Obama could not inject the fervor into voters that already existed in 12 that he had in 08, so he just found new voters that agreed with him, and told them the election was all about them, creating passion in the NEW registered voters. A very good, political, tactical, move, wouldn't you say!

So Trump and Cruz who witnessed this, are doing virtually the same thing! They are basically saying two things---------> We aren't going to get to many crossover votes, (although it appears blue collar union workers seem ready to jump the Democratic ship in droves) so we have to get people who have not voted in a long time to come out for us, and we have to make the case to young people why Democratic policies are screwing them to counter all the free stuff the Democrats are promising. They are betting the farm that enough Americans are so pissed with how Washington has been running, they can't wait to put someone with power in there that they believe in, who will put a dog leash on these clowns, and put them under control.

While it gets harder and harder to get a GOP nominee elected as time goes by, they also think this is the greatest opportunity in years to have this happen. Why? Because of the Democrats saddling up to the Castro brothers in Cuba. 4/5ths of the Cuban Americans in Florida HATE the Castro regime, and because of the Democrats playing footsie with them and basically, legitimizing their reign of terror, Florida is almost a given for the GOP this time around, which is a dirty little secret the Democrats don't want you to know.

And then if it is Cruz who is the nominee and has Cuban roots; or even if he is the VP nominee, the pathway to the White House just became a whole lot easier, and it is causing the Democrats to sweat, which is exactly why if they have to choose between Cruz and Rubio, they are going to root for Rubio every time as Washington would keep its status quo under either he or Hillary, meaning all their lovely departments that destroy our lives would still be there for the next Democratic annointed one, when they are elected; and make no mistake, another Democrat will win the White House, so stick with the article 5 goings on, even if a Republican is elected in 16!

Now then, every lefty on this board is going to attack my claim that Florida is almost already in the bag for the GOP due to Obama incompetence. It is their way to bring you down-) If you have access to internals from EITHER party, check them out; if not, use the common sense that the good Lord gave you, and even that will draw the Florida conclusion without the numbers in front of you. A very bad Monday, for the Democrats indeed-)

Plan for Trump and Cruz is obvious. Just like Obama did, (yes, I know, galling but true) they realize the coalition that Obama built was NOT voters on the voter rolls the 2nd election around. What Obama did was target new voters, young voters, any voter that fit their definition of likely voters for Obama. How many of us remember many news outlets reporting that Obama would NOT go after the white middle class vote as he felt his coalition was strong enough that his election did NOT depend on them? Statistics show conclusively that LESS people voted in the election in 12 than did in 08, but that a larger % of newly registered voters came out to the polls. TRANSLATION: Obama could not inject the fervor into voters that already existed in 12 that he had in 08, so he just found new voters that agreed with him, and told them the election was all about them, creating passion in the NEW registered voters. A very good, political, tactical, move, wouldn't you say!

I think you are confused on the numbers for 2012. The fact is, the vote totals were DOWN in states that were not in play, like Texas and California, but they were UP in states that were in play, like Ohio and Florida.

So in terms of the Electoral college, the result was almost identical. Romney took back two states that Obama Marginally won, but he didn't come close anywhere else.

The thing is, I don't see where the "new voters" are out there for you for Cruz. Trump, maybe, because we got a lot of people who can tell you who won Survivor who can't tell you who their Senators are.

I think you are confused on the numbers for 2012. The fact is, the vote totals were DOWN in states that were not in play, like Texas and California, but they were UP in states that were in play, like Ohio and Florida.

So in terms of the Electoral college, the result was almost identical. Romney took back two states that Obama Marginally won, but he didn't come close anywhere else.

The thing is, I don't see where the "new voters" are out there for you for Cruz. Trump, maybe, because we got a lot of people who can tell you who won Survivor who can't tell you who their Senators are.

Joe, isn't the 1st part of your post exactly what I said? Maybe I didn't communicate the point well enough. The Obama vote of 12 was down, as was all voting. The Obama team went out and got new voters that thought like them in battleground states. We agree! To suggest Obama's team would concentrate it's efforts in states already in the bag for either side would be poor strategy on their part, and while I am not a fan of Obama or his team, they are extremely adept on how to win an election, that much is certain. Romney and the GOP were totally incompetent, and until election day had absolutely zero clue what was actually happening, or how it was done. Kudos to the DNC, not for it's governance, but for it's excellent tactics in a national race.

Now though, the cat is out of the bag. As they say, "emulating a successful strategy is the sincerest form of flattery!"

As far as no new voters for Cruz, I find that statement coming from you sort of disingenuous. You are approaching the question to yourself from an ideological standpoint. If what you said was accurate, then I would ask you to explain how Obama beat Hillary in the primary? How did Obama beat Mcain in the general?

For the answer to the second question, the answer is clear and many Democrats repeated it often.........it is the economy stupid! (and they stole that phrase, lol.....but I digress) They also pointed constantly to the poll at that time, that proclaimed to anyone who would listen, (and a whole bunch of people did) that a very significant majority of Americans believed the country was going in the wrong direction.

So, how much is really different today? Oh, you can point to a better economy.........maybe...........if things don't continue down the path they are currently on this year, and yet many Americans aren't convinced it is as good as Democrats claim. Still, just for the sake of debate, I will give you that one on your side of the ledger.

On the other side, I/we have----------> A much less likable candidate for you, foreign policy in the tank....at least according to most Americans, (polls, read the polls) illegal immigration that takes American jobs, country going in the wrong direction by significant margins of those asked, the FBI sniffing your standard bearer, perceived gun grab, (real or imagined) the attack was the product of a film, the Clinton Foundation, perceived AFLUENZA by Hillary to be annointed, (in other words, a political dynasty, which is why we can NEVER nominate the Jebster) and a few more I am sure which I won't waste my time to post.

The view of many; if not most Americans is that the establishment class of BOTH party's have gotten us into this mess. What did Trump have to do with that? NOTHING! Cruz? He has stood against the establishment from day 1 in office. Hillary? She was/has been part of the ruling class since senator, and she has a record she must defend to those people.

So again, where is the Cruz vote coming from? We both know where, lol. The only question is............is the coalition I pointed out enough to carry a few extra states after the gift of Florida Obama gave us?

You say no, I say, "I think so." Time will tell, and it is going to be a lot of fun, don't you think!

There is no ground swell for Hillary Clinton. All these clueless leftist who believe she'll win in a landslide are clueless,even delusional:uhoh3:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back