Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
john west on the book why the materialist neo-darwinian conception of nature is almost certainly false:

"if the fundamental thesis isn't exactly new, why has it proved to be such a shock to the cultural establishment? One reason is undoubtedly that nagel is an atheist, which preempts the usual invective against religious fundamentalists. More generally, our cultural elites are so parochial and inbred that many of them really cannot conceive that any thinking person could doubt darwinism. When confronted with such an oddity -- from among their own class no less -- they are astounded.

One can hardly blame them. Darwinian theory forms the modern secularist's creation myth, a myth aided and abetted by a triumphalist rewrite of western intellectual history. Western society, you see, was stuck back in the dark ages of flat-earthers, witch trials, and the inquisition until darwin embarked from the hms beagle like moses from mount sinai to deliver his revelation that nature is the product of a blind, impersonal process. Everyone (or at least, all thinking persons) then supposedly became darwinians."

it's complicated: John west on the long and messy evolution debate - evolution news & views

bravo!! Thanks for another one of your insightful and well thought out rebuttals.
thanks ! It was concise and factual....

You should do not believe liberals!

Flash Darwin, Marx and other leftists "scientists" down the toilet.

Proof the earth was created 6,000 years ago in 6 days of 24 hours

Earth is 6,000 Years Old - YouTube

Well, I didn't have to watch much. When his first thing on how to determine the age of the earth he says "we go to the Bible." Why? Why not look at the physical evidence first?

And next he starts talking about "Evolutionists say the age of the earth is..." and "...the Big Bang theory, according to Evolution..." Neither is part of the Theory of Evolution. The first real theory of Evolution was Lamarkism, who published in 1800, 60 years before Darwin. But even before that, geologists and Naturalists figured out the Earth was much older than 6,000 years, going back to Nicholas Steno in the late 1600s.

I know these are old posts, but here is my two cents worth.

Even William Maclure, the father of American Geology, in 1812, was convinced the Earth was at least tens of millions of years old based on the thickness of the strata he had measured all across the Eastern U.S. and Europe.

Last edited:
Hawly and Daws fall into the dishonest doubter category. Theirs is NOT a search for truth.

"Writing in the third century, St. Augustine (354-430) made an observation about the doubters of his own day. In Confessions, Book 21, chapter 2, Augustine writes about doubters who refuse to accept the claims of Christianity unless a believer can "prove them by ocular demonstration." The skeptic's demand for "ocular demonstration" is heard to this day. The standard for "proof" becomes essentially this: "If Christianity cannot be physically demonstrated before my very eyes, in a way that I can watch on demand, touch, and verify by repetition, I will not believe."

So, our generation is not the first in which people have made empiricism the only test for truth. But the skeptic should be reminded that all people hold to beliefs that cannot be replicated on demand, or "proven" by observation. We accept on the authority of history that George Washington crossed the Delaware, though none of us was alive to see it. We cannot scientifically prove that our family members love us, though we take it for granted that they do. And (as has been pointed out by many an apologist), the skeptic has never visibly seen his own brain, but we know that he has one!

So, even the strictest empiricist accepts things that aren’t always empirically verified.
Two types of doubters

Having debated a number of atheists myself, and in my experiences sharing the gospel with many skeptics, I can relate to Augustine's observation. The late Adrian Rogers- a beloved pastor and prolific author- often talked about an honest doubter and a dishonest doubter. When a skeptic would confront the pastor with an objection, Rogers would sometimes ask a question of his own: "If I can sufficiently and factually answer your question," Rodgers would ask, "will you open your heart to Christ and to the Gospel?"

I have posed this same question to people at times. The responses given can be very interesting. An honest doubter will say, "yes", or in some way indicate that they are, indeed, trying to resolve the obstacles that lay between them and belief in God. Bottom line: An honest doubter really does want an answer to his question.

The response (and heart condition of) a dishonest doubter is different entirely. The dishonest doubter will respond negatively to questions like, "Are you asking this question in hopes of finding your way to God? If I answer your question would you be open to becoming a follower of Jesus Christ?" An atheist whom I interviewed last year said to me, "I am not so much against God, as I am against belief in God." When asked if there was anything that could ever convince this person to believe in God, he said, "no". The dishonest doubter may have a number of different motives for the issue(s) he is raising, but the search for truth is not one of them.
When the will says, "I will not"

Augustine of old could sympathize with anyone who has ever struggled to dialogue with a dishonest doubter. The dishonest doubter engages in conversation over spiritual issues, and as the Christian responds to the (supposed) "key issue" standing between the person and God, the information laid out is quickly dismissed. Augustine wrote of such persons who, "…content, with the same skepticism, that these facts are not examples of what we seek to prove."

The dishonest doubter is avoiding the reality of God and Christ by saying, a) You haven't proved your case sufficiently for me; or, b) You have proved your case (or something like it), but this wasn't what I was really asking.

Romans 1:18 talks about the universal human tendency to know God's truth but to suppress it. In John 3:19, Jesus explained that people prefer darkness rather than light because of desire to keep their sins hidden. Thus, apologetics and Christian worldview ministry is not a mental exercise only. Dialoguing fruitfully about spiritual questions and objections does require tact and preparation, but also prayer."

Hawly and Daws fall into the dishonest doubter category. Theirs is NOT a search for truth.

"Writing in the third century, St. Augustine (354-430) made an observation about the doubters of his own day. In Confessions, Book 21, chapter 2, Augustine writes about doubters who refuse to accept the claims of Christianity unless a believer can "prove them by ocular demonstration." The skeptic's demand for "ocular demonstration" is heard to this day. The standard for "proof" becomes essentially this: "If Christianity cannot be physically demonstrated before my very eyes, in a way that I can watch on demand, touch, and verify by repetition, I will not believe."

So, our generation is not the first in which people have made empiricism the only test for truth. But the skeptic should be reminded that all people hold to beliefs that cannot be replicated on demand, or "proven" by observation. We accept on the authority of history that George Washington crossed the Delaware, though none of us was alive to see it. We cannot scientifically prove that our family members love us, though we take it for granted that they do. And (as has been pointed out by many an apologist), the skeptic has never visibly seen his own brain, but we know that he has one!

So, even the strictest empiricist accepts things that aren’t always empirically verified.
Two types of doubters

Having debated a number of atheists myself, and in my experiences sharing the gospel with many skeptics, I can relate to Augustine's observation. The late Adrian Rogers- a beloved pastor and prolific author- often talked about an honest doubter and a dishonest doubter. When a skeptic would confront the pastor with an objection, Rogers would sometimes ask a question of his own: "If I can sufficiently and factually answer your question," Rodgers would ask, "will you open your heart to Christ and to the Gospel?"

I have posed this same question to people at times. The responses given can be very interesting. An honest doubter will say, "yes", or in some way indicate that they are, indeed, trying to resolve the obstacles that lay between them and belief in God. Bottom line: An honest doubter really does want an answer to his question.

The response (and heart condition of) a dishonest doubter is different entirely. The dishonest doubter will respond negatively to questions like, "Are you asking this question in hopes of finding your way to God? If I answer your question would you be open to becoming a follower of Jesus Christ?" An atheist whom I interviewed last year said to me, "I am not so much against God, as I am against belief in God." When asked if there was anything that could ever convince this person to believe in God, he said, "no". The dishonest doubter may have a number of different motives for the issue(s) he is raising, but the search for truth is not one of them.

Augustine of old could sympathize with anyone who has ever struggled to dialogue with a dishonest doubter. The dishonest doubter engages in conversation over spiritual issues, and as the Christian responds to the (supposed) "key issue" standing between the person and God, the information laid out is quickly dismissed. Augustine wrote of such persons who, "…content, with the same skepticism, that these facts are not examples of what we seek to prove."

The dishonest doubter is avoiding the reality of God and Christ by saying, a) You haven't proved your case sufficiently for me; or, b) You have proved your case (or something like it), but this wasn't what I was really asking.

Romans 1:18 talks about the universal human tendency to know God's truth but to suppress it. In John 3:19, Jesus explained that people prefer darkness rather than light because of desire to keep their sins hidden. Thus, apologetics and Christian worldview ministry is not a mental exercise only. Dialoguing fruitfully about spiritual questions and objections does require tact and preparation, but also prayer."

Two types of doubters

John 3:19 (a) thouest shall not stalketh.

Really, dude. Stop trying to force your religion on others. It's really creepy and you have been told that many times in this thread.

Hawly, Daws and Newspolitics real insidious agenda is to set up the artificial god government. Their propaganda is gaining a huge foothold in America today.

"There’s many psychological components to all of those questions, but the central theme must be remembered of government as an artificial God. The concept of corrupt leaders as an artificial God. Something that first requires the abolition of any God that is not the dictator himself. The result of such a system is ultimately the destruction of the entire society, usually lined with at least several millions deaths in the process. In the case of Stalin’s Soveit Union, experts place the death toll at around 40 million — a number that is extremely conservative and factors in around 20 million deaths from non-combat related events like artificial famine and executions.

According to one expert breakdown carried by the International Business Times, the numbers break down as follows:

“1 million imprisoned or exiled between 1927 to 1929; 9 to 11 million peasants forced off their lands and another 2 to 3 million peasants arrested or exiled in the mass collectivization program; 6 to 7 million killed by an artificial famine in 1932-1934; 1 million exiled from Moscow and Leningrad in 1935; 1 million executed during the ”Great Terror’ of 1937-1938; 4 to 6 million dispatched to forced labor camps; 10 to 12 million people forcibly relocated during World War II; and at least 1 million arrested for various ‘political crimes’ from 1946 to 1953.”"

Prison Planet.com » Obama Plays God, and Political Correctness Is His Weapon

In their stupidity, they will be shocked when the full realization that when rights don't come from God, but instead the government, they can be easily taken away.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed...

Last edited:
Hawly, Daws and Newspolitics real insidious agenda is to set up the artificial god government. Their propaganda is gaining a huge foothold in America today.

"There’s many psychological components to all of those questions, but the central theme must be remembered of government as an artificial God. The concept of corrupt leaders as an artificial God. Something that first requires the abolition of any God that is not the dictator himself. The result of such a system is ultimately the destruction of the entire society, usually lined with at least several millions deaths in the process. In the case of Stalin’s Soveit Union, experts place the death toll at around 40 million — a number that is extremely conservative and factors in around 20 million deaths from non-combat related events like artificial famine and executions.

According to one expert breakdown carried by the International Business Times, the numbers break down as follows:

“1 million imprisoned or exiled between 1927 to 1929; 9 to 11 million peasants forced off their lands and another 2 to 3 million peasants arrested or exiled in the mass collectivization program; 6 to 7 million killed by an artificial famine in 1932-1934; 1 million exiled from Moscow and Leningrad in 1935; 1 million executed during the ”Great Terror’ of 1937-1938; 4 to 6 million dispatched to forced labor camps; 10 to 12 million people forcibly relocated during World War II; and at least 1 million arrested for various ‘political crimes’ from 1946 to 1953.”"

When we take over, we're coming for you first.

Look and listen for the black helicopters.

Typical ingorance from you. I was at the Boeing facility in Mesa, AZ last week in the final assembly area for the Apache Helicopter. They also happen to do numerous test flights on the finished product all around that area so unmarked Black Helicopters can be readily observed just about any time during the week.

In their stupidity, they will be shocked when the full realization that when rights don't come from God, but instead the government, they can be easily taken away.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed...
is it just me or does this come across as a version of the shit that jilted teenage boys say when they get dumped.?

Typical ingorance from you. I was at the Boeing facility in Mesa, AZ last week in the final assembly area for the Apache Helicopter. They also happen to do numerous test flights on the finished product all around that area so unmarked Black Helicopters can be readily observed just about any time during the week.
now that's a dodge!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJoOhbf3_Ts]World's Most Famous Atheist Accepts Existence of God because of Science - YouTube[/ame]

Physical threat. Against the rules, reported.

"you should do not believe liberals"

You should taken an English class.

Funny, evolutionists insulting evolutionists :lol:

You evidently didn't read much of what he wrote to say such a thing. He most certainly is educated, and can actually defend your religion better than yourself.

What part of that post was grammatically correct? For that matter, what part of that post was correct in any way?

Stupidity. Reported, but alas, no cure for you.

You can't be serious.

You should taken an English class.

Funny, evolutionists insulting evolutionists :lol:

You evidently didn't read much of what he wrote to say such a thing. He most certainly is educated, and can actually defend your religion better than yourself.

What part of that post was grammatically correct? For that matter, what part of that post was correct in any way?

With people, sometimes they are in a hurry,and sometimes grammar errors occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back